Start by marking “Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Giving Chase (Chase Brothers, #1)

Giving Chase

(Chase Brothers #1)

Previously published; newly refreshed by author

The Chase boys. Ridiculously hot and notoriously single.

When landscaper Kyle Chase takes notice of Maggie Wright, all of Petal, Georgia, wonders what the quiet schoolteacher is hiding underneath her tight bun and boring blouses. Even Maggie doesn’t quite get it, but after a failed relationship and a disastrous attempt to get b
Trade Paperback, 189 pages
Published September 19th 2006 by Samhain Publishing (first published June 27th 2006)

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Giving Chase is the first book in the Chase Brothers series by Lauren Dane. I had a couple of this author’s other books on my to read list including her Delicious series but just never got to them. So when this one came on my radar as a re-release, I decided this was the perfect way to get to know this author.

red haired woman

Margaret (Maggie) Wright grew up always being told she wasn’t good enough, that she wasn’t as pretty as her older sister. Her mother and sister did everything in their power to demean her.
Dina
After reading so many good reviews about this series, I finally caved and decided to see what all the fuss was about. Now I know... It's all about the hunky and sweet Chase brothers, of course! ;)

Giving Chase is Kyle's story, and what a charmer he is! Honorable, caring, passionate and protective, he's the son-in-law every mother dreams of - not to mention the husband every woman hopes to find. He doesn't fall fast for Maggie, but when he does... Oh boy, can I say what a charmer he is again?

Maggi
Shawna
4 stars – Contemporary Romance/Romantic Suspense

I feel like I’m the last person to arrive at a Chase family picnic since there are already so many great and rave reviews for Dane’s Chase Brothers series, but I’m glad I made a last minute appearance for this shindig because it was well worth it!

Giving Chase is the first book in a feel good, love conquers all contemporary romance series about the four hunky Chase Brothers (Kyle, Shane, Marc, and Matt) of small town Petal, Georgia and their loving
Tina
Dec 07, 2009 rated it it was ok
Main character Maggie is a teacher in a smallish town. She is very pretty but her looks have always been disparaged by her mother and sister, both former beauty queens. So Maggie has a very low opinion of herself.

The town is also home to the Chase family which includes the four studly Chase brothers.

Maggie has a run in with the sheriff Shane, the oldest Chase brother. They have a few sassy words. You think at first she and Shane are going to get together but Shane, after a few dates, is basical
Auntee
Feb 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance readers
Nonieღserenity2bliss
I think my IQ just dropped by half after suffering the ridiculousness that is this book. It was poorly written from start to end and nothing seems to head in the right decision. It was choppy, at best. It's as if I'm reading something that is written by a 9th grader who is well versed in the topic of sex.

1. All of the characters in the story are emotionally immature. Sometimes I feel like they're all 16 and not the mid-twenties that they actually are.

2. The dialogues are horrific!

3. Having you
Daisiemae
Apr 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any of my friends here that hasn't read it yet.
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Auntee and many of my friends from here :)
When I picked this book up last night, I didn't know how hooked on it I would be. I looked up and realized I needed to get at least 3 hours of sleep before my long day today.
All day long I have wanted to finish this book. I wanted to say, "Ummm kids...Ms. Shellie needs a Time Out for a hour or so" but instead I ended up taking 15 ADHD kids swimming...lol
I won't get into this book to much because most of my dear friends here have already written some wonderful things about this book. I TOTALLY a
Laurie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
I’m really enjoying these re-release ARCs as they are like going back to your hometown for a visit. You get to sit for a spell and reacquaint yourself with old friends and that’s always a fun thing to do. Giving Chase was probably the first Lauren Dane book I read long enough ago that it’s actually on my very first eReader, an old Nook. I loved the small town aspect of the story, and it had a bit of suspense to it, both things I’ve always enjoyed in my books. Once I’d read all the Chase Brothers ...more
Dilek VT
I wish I had seen this awesome review before I started this awful book!

*************************************

Boyfriend #1

The book starts with the heroine Maggie dating a guy named Alex. They don't go further than kissing. Then, she feels he is weird and obsessive; so she decides she doesn't want to see him anymore.

Boyfriend #2

When Shane, one of the town hotties, asks her on a date, she accepts. They go on a few dates that involves kissing, groping etc. (And
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
DNF @ 28%

Not safe!

I tried but it was just too cringe worthy. After reading the blurb and getting through a few chapters I thought I somehow got the wrong book. The blurb says the story is about Kyle Chase and Maggie but Maggie spends a quarter of the book (granted thats as far as I was able to stomach, but still!) mooning over another man!!! The OM also happens to be the supposed hero’s brother, Shane!!!

This is a hard line for me. I hate when siblings double dip. Its not for me.

After the follow
Deserie williams
Apr 21, 2015 marked it as just-not-for-me-stay-away-hell-no
Self note: she went out on a few dates with hero's brother and they kissed .Not sure if it went beyond that but I don't like it when hero or herione has been with family or friends . Not for me!
Julie (jjmachshev)
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2007-reads
I read the e-version of this book and have re-read it a couple of times. The story has humor, hot men, and hot sex!

Maggie is a good-hearted, kinda shy schoolteacher. She also just dumped her latest no-good boyfriend. She does come out of her shell a bit when sexy Sheriff Shane Chase bumps into her, causing her to spill her chili cheese fries all over herself...and then tries to blame HER for it! She lets him have it, right there in the town's hottest bar. One of her best friends decides to cheer
Kathrynn
Jun 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
I enjoyed this short, feel-good, erotic romance. Both Kyle Chase and Maggie Wright were very likable characters. Maggie had a lot of self-esteem issues brought on by the way her family treated her. Because of that treatment, Maggie accepted being thought less of by (some) others in the town in which she lived. She did have two wonderful and dear friends that were a blessing. But, when she finally started dating Kyle, he showed her how to be proud of herself and she developed a backbone that made ...more
Christel
Apr 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any romance reader
Recommended to Christel by: The Purvettes
Shelves: lauren-dane
ordered 8/6

Okay got this one today from B&N!! Could not wait till I could read it. I am in love with the Chase brothers. Just gotta get the rest of them in the house. truely a keeper for my shelves.

Maggie has been put down all her life from her Mother and sister. Just reading what her mother and sister said to Maggie, I wanted to B*T^H slap both of them. Noone should ever be belittled the way they did her. Just set my teeth on edge.

Maggie first went out with the oldest brother Shane, but tha
Wit & Wonder Books
**ARC provided by the author in exchange for an honest review**

A sweet romance between the nerdy high school teacher and one (or two) of the four gorgeous Chase brothers. Giving Chase by Lauren Dane is the first in the Chase Brothers series and this newly refreshed version has me anxious to read more of the series.

Maggie is a high school history teacher with limited experience with the opposite sex and low self esteem. Her best friend gives her a makeover and suddenly she is noticed by the for
Janja
Feb 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it but I'm not geting any wow effect to be honest.
MrsJoseph
http://bookslifewine.com/r-giving-chase/ (Also, just dropped a star after re-reading Sans review)

Note: I received my free copy of Giving Chase in June 2011. Giving Chase has been on Mt. TBR for 5 years and 1 month so it qualifies for my Mt. TBR challenge AND my Kindle Freebie Freakout Challenge!!

Giving Chase was pretty "meh" for me. I didn't care for a lot of the plot lines but I'm reading this series to prep myself for the series after (OCD, thy name is MrsJ).

To be honest, there's a lot I didn'
Miss Kim
Apr 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: feel good romance fans
Recommended to Miss Kim by: any one who still has it in their TBR mountain!
I was hooked on this one from the start and didn't/couldn't put it down! I am sorry it took me so long to pick it up.

It's one of those stories that leaves you feeling warm and happy afterwards. The hero is PERFECT, the heroine is a spitfire!

I am anxious to get the next in the series!

2nd read 3/13/11 - loved it just as much the second read. It truly is a feel good read the second time too. Thanks Ms. Dane!
marlene
Sep 02, 2009 rated it did not like it
i read Laid Bare and i loved it. this got good reviews and so i thought i would give it a shot. I am a little confused. maybe I took the book wrong. it appears to be something written by a teenager. the dialog, oh god, the dialog. it is so ridiculous i ended up laughing half the time and shaking my head in disgust the other half. maybe i wasnt suppose to take it seriously?
if ever there were an example how how a writer can grow over the years.
♡Tonya♡
Apr 15, 2018 marked it as on-the-fence-about-this
I'm hearing she dated his brother- can anyone confirm that?
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review Quick Read!
3.5 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance

What an adorable love story sometimes I find that adorable is just what I need.

Maggie Wright is a high school teacher in her hometown of Petal, Georgia. In comparison to her mother and sister Janie, Maggie believes her looks to be lower than average. She dresses in clothes a size to big and keeps her beautiful long mane of strawberry blond locks secured in a bun. Toss in the fact that she sports out of date style glas
Pamela(AllHoney)
The first book in Lauren Dane's Chase Brothers series.

Rats! Now I'll have to buy the rest of the series!
Julianna
Jun 19, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Small-Town Romances or Sweet, Sexy Heroes
Recommended to Julianna by: Auntee, JJ, Laura, Daisiemae, Shawna
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"3.5 stars" Giving Chase is the first book in Lauren Dane's Chase Brothers series and the first I've read by her. The story had a lot of potential, and I can see why some fans really enjoyed it. The Chase family provides a wonderfully loving, heart-warming atmosphere, the characters are likable, and there's just enough suspense on the side to keep things interesting. However, the technical aspects of the writing itself could have used a lot more polish. Either this book w
Sans
Mar 31, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It would be so easy to hate this book. Or at least let loose a snarkfest that could include diagrams, pictures and a lot of cussing on my part. But I’m going to take it easy on this book. Why? I’ve no idea. I just felt like not being bitchy while I’m sitting in an airport next to a guy that is trying to cover up the cigarette smell ground into his clothing and skin by wearing waaaaaay the hell too much aftershave. If I start with the bitchy, it’s going to be an even longer trip than it already i ...more
OceMei Belikova♥
I love this book so much, so definitely 5stars.

The story was about Maggie, a teacher who has no self-confidence towards herself. She's really pretty and has a big heart,though, but her mother spent most of her life to tell the opposite to her, told her how she envied her sister Jane's beauty, and all. It's not true. She started to think that she's not pretty compared to Jane, and all men will fall for Jane instead of her.

But one day,her best friends Liv and Dee do a little magic to her, change h
 ~V~
Nov 16, 2010 rated it liked it
A good first book in the Chase Brothers series.

Maggie is the stereotypical glasses wearing, plain-Jane that catches the eye of all the yummy Chase brothers when her girlfriend decides to give her a make-over. It's after she's been blown off by one of the brothers that Kyle Chase steps in and makes his move. I really liked Kyle and Maggie together...there was never any of the push/pull or back and forth between them, that is so often incorporated into stories like this. No him pushing her away fo
Celeste
Feb 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it definitely had a "feel good" kind of vibe going on! However, there were times when I thought... sheesh, that's really corny/cheesy/(insert cringe worthy adjective)!

I probably would have given it five shars, had Kyle been a bit more... I don't know, rough I guess! After reading so many paranormal, alpha male, beating on chest, she my woman, I her man kind of books... he just seemed... nice. LOL, wow, that sounds funny but it's the truth. I wanted him to take charge
Lisa Kay
I loved the cover of this book. The couple on the front actually look like they are described in the story. Good story too! I gave it four stars, like the rest in the series, but it is really more toward 4 1/2 stars.
If you Have a Kindle and You'd Like To Try This Book For Free? 26 192 Jan 23, 2014 05:58AM
  • French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1)
  • Branded as Trouble (Rough Riders, #6)
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • Nauti Intentions (Nauti #4)
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder (Second Chances)
  • Witness Protection (The Witness, #1)
  • Night is Darkest (Men in Blue, #1)
  • Discovering Dani  (Jamesville, #1)
  • Hidden Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #3)
  • A Little Harmless Submission (Harmless, #6)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Rules Of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #4)
  • Their One and Only
  • Fresh Blood
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
Lauren Dane has been writing stories since she was able to use a pencil, and before that she used to tell them to people. Of course, she still talks nonstop, and through wonderful fate and good fortune, she’s now able to share what she writes with others. It’s a wonderful life!

The basics: Lauren is a mom, a partner, a best friend and a daughter. Living in the rainy but beautiful Pacific Northwest,

Chase Brothers (5 books)
  • Taking Chase (Chase Brothers, #2)
  • Chased (Chase Brothers, #3)
  • Making Chase (Chase Brothers, #4)
  • Three to Tango
“You? A man? Wants to come shopping with a woman? For clothes?”
“Ah, but not for clothes, not for skirts or shoes.” He shuddered. “For lingerie. And that, my love, is a whole different story. Any time you want to shop for silky underwear, I’ll gladly accompany you.”
31 likes