Start by marking “Confess” as Want to Read:
Confess

Confess

My name is Amadeo Dacosta, but you... you will only call me Father.

I’ve been watching Carlotta Tomassi for months, biding my time to pluck her out of her sheltered life. The mafia kingpin’s daughter is not going to be a sweet little thing much longer. Not if I have anything to do with it.

Soon, she will be kidnapped. Taken. Captive. Carlotta’s transformation from sweet
ebook, 1st Edition, 246 pages
Published November 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Confess, please sign up.

Start your review of Confess
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
description Ya, this book just wasn't very good. The plot was all over the place. There was virtually NO backstory so for 70% of the book you just hadAmadeobeing over the top cruel and ridiculous toCarlotta for some "horrible" deed her father supposedly did, but is never really fully explained. This made it impossible to connect to these characters in any way. Not to mention Carlottawas a whiney doormat, and Valentino was a prop. So yea...just not a great book.

description

description BLOG | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | PINTEREST |

warhawke
Genre: Dark Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Multiple
Rating:

For years Father Amadeo Dacosta waited for the right time to have his vengeance on his nemesis. He thought Carlotta Tomassi was finally ready to serve her purpose as a lesson for her father’s sin. But neither of them realize that not everything was as it seemed.

God wouldn’t have allowed my mother to leave me so soon. God wouldn’t allow this horrible man to keep me here in such horrifying conditions. God would never hurt me
CC

Father Amadeo Dacosta waited years to exact his revenge and Carlotta Tomassi is his target. With a darkened soul, Amadeo’s plan is to break his captive in mind and body. As the situation begins to get complicated, much more is sacrificed than originally planned.

“If I were a better man, I’d stop. I’d apologize. I’d let her go. But my morality is fucking gone. I want this. I want her.”

What I liked about this story was how Amadeo pushed boundaries and how he was conflicted at times. However,
Aou
Nov 23, 2019 added it
Not a romance even if I love the dark ones.
(view spoiler)
Joelle
Wow ! What a dark intense and riveting read ! This is the kind of story that keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time.The story had a whopping twist and a love triangle going on between two brothers who were polar opposites one of them dark and one of them light and a captive that feels a spark toward both of them.

Father Amadeo was so dark and dominate ,depraved and scary as hell.We loved how he constantly was at war with his emotions as it almost made him seem human.

Valentino was a
Kat
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They say that often the children pay for the sins of the father. That's true in Carlotta's case. Her father is why what happened, happened.

Amadeo. Oh my God's this man. He is something fierce. His brother Valentino isn't too much different in that aspect, but also his complete opposite. Where Amadeo is rough, cruel and wants to cause pain when it comes to Carlotta, Valentino is softer, sweet to her (most of the time) and wants to save her from the world in general, but mostly his own brother
Amanda Rowell
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book put me through so many emotions. I love Isabella's writing. Her style, the words, everything, it's amazing. This book is dark so make sure you know that before you read it. Great job Isabella.
KB Cinder
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As always, Starling KILLED IT with this book. Dark, dirty, and everything you could want wrapped up in one delicious collared package. Confess keeps you guessing from cover to cover, and Starling's storytelling chops shine. Must read!
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Woah... And Isabella is back!

First off, I want to start by saying that this book isn't going to be for everyone. This book contains some pretty graphic scenes and topics and it is not for the faint of heart, and with that being said... I also want to say how freaking happy I am that Isabella Starling is back and she is back with one hell of a story.

In Confess, we have Father Amadeo Dacosta... He was intense, to say the least, he's a priest that has a tortured past, a past that now defines him,
Marcie
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First off - this book will not be for everyone. It has kidnapping, a touch of torturous BDSM, dubious consent, mafia action, and bloodshed. It is a TRUE, erotically dark romance. One that will have you on the edge of your seat, reading until the heart-warming end (there is a happily ever after)

This is my first read by Isabella and I will say it won’t be my last. She introduced me to a whole different level of writing with this book and impressed me greatly.

Father Amadeo Dacosta is a priest with
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
27034655-SX540-png

I have missed you so much, Isabella! Confess is everything and more. What every you expect from this book, put it on the back burner and jump right in because this book is going to blow them all away.

Father Amadeo is a man that has nothing to lose. He has been planing his revenge for eighteen years, and it is time to put it into action. There is NOTHING sweet about what he needs to do, and the poor girl that is going to take all the rath is Carlotta Tomassi.

Carlotta Tomassi is a
Kelly
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
WOW! Isabella that book was emotionally raw and left me feeling flayed open at the end.
Amadeo is a character I hated from the beginning but fell in love with him half way through.
Carlotta broke my heart as her tale took many twists and turns and at times it devastated me.
Valentino I loved from the very beginning. He is so nurturing and kind in a very selfless way.
This story made my night. I loved the ending so much it made me smile.
Heidi
Nov 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
Female is a child

Couldn't read as the heroine hasn't even turned 18 at the beginning of the story! Sorry, just can't read about paedophiles! Please make your characters adults! Like the author but too many of her female characters are children.
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 DARK TWISTED STARS!! OMG.....this book had me holding on for dear life, from the first word until the end. Amadeo, Valentino and Carlotta will take you on a dark, twisted ride that will keep you on the edge of your seat. This author is phenomenal with her words and sucks you into the story. I highly recommend this book.
Emilia || Dark Side of the Book
CONFESS

One word – AWE-FUCKING-SOME!
'Confess' blowed my mind!

First of all, I must write that this book is not for everyone. The mafia, the priest and the young girl as a tender card makes this story brutal, dark and a full of tortures. It is a real dark romance, so if you don't like books in this type 'Confess' is not for you.

But... if you are a little, curious devil Father Amadeo will listen to your sins and absolutes you.
Maybe in the big bed.

Carlotta Tomassi is a mafia girl. Her father is a chief
Cierra McCauley (Cierra's Corner)
Oh My ###! I don't even know where to begin... This book was absolutely fantastic! Oh, my Heart! speaking of HEART, This book is not for the faint of heart. If you're not ready to clutch those pearls... On one hand, I definitely need to go pray and on the other, I need a strong drink! S#it, this book will make you need a cigarette and a carton of ice cream. Isa just came in and wreaked me with this read! It's Dark, It's Sinful, it's twisted, It's Heartwrenching and It will blow you away! Whoa, I ...more
April Symes
Nov 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
WOW!!! This will just blow your mind!! Just a word of warning- this book may not be for everyone. The Story of Father Amadeo Dacaosta and his prey/obsession- Carlotta Tomassi.
If you are familiar with this Ms. Starling's work you'll know what to expect and if not, you are going to get a read that is raw, dark, steamy, intense, dirty, twisted, emotional, and will push the boundaries of what you are comfortable with- all within the confines of the story and boy is it hot. THIS is a deliciously
Allyson
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

It’s a love/hate relationship with this story, and it’s not one or two things that I can pin point for sure. I want to say it more of the combination of the biblical versus and elements of how the author intertwines within the chapters. It’s definitely dark, taboo and dances on the very fine edges of hard subjects ...

”But the man in me saw an innocent, sweet virgin, and wanted to corrupt her. What I’ve done is as far away from a godly deed as you could imagine. And yet I have no
Julie
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just finished Confess and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Yes it was dark and raw and gritty, there was plenty of violence but wow it was a little mixed up at times but still an addictive read for me, I needed to know what the out come would be.

I was completely invested in these characters. Amadeo was a despicable character to begin with, not very likeable at all. He mainly liked to inflict pain and ridicule his sinner. It took a long time before my heart broke for him.
Valentina was very likeable.
Teresa Price
Confess by Isabella Starling

5 Stars

Spectacular erotica very dark romance with many twists and turns with heartbreaks.
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins."

“He cared for you more than he cared for himself.”

"I was worried I’d feel clumsy and unattractive, but he makes my pregnant body feel amazing, calming my mind with sweet, muttered comments that make my spirits soar."

“I want to spend my life discovering every inch of you,” he mutters against my
Debra Phiri
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isabella Starling leads you willingly into the dark! Debra @Janise’s Jivin’ Book Blog

Confess is so well written that you are immersed in the darkness without caring. It is beautiful as well as tragic. Its characters are not all bad nor are they all good. The flaws are accepted by the reader due to the way life has treated them. It is a love story but not in the typical way a love story is told. I was captivated with it from the very first page. I was lucky enough to be able to read the majority
Bridget Shaw
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t know what to expect when I started this book. It was extremely dark from the very beginning, but if you like that and I do it was definitely a great read. Father Amadeo has several deep, dark secrets and he wants to seek his revenge on Tomassi and the best way to get to him is through his daughter, which he does eventually. This is a very surprising book with twist and turns you never see coming involving a lot of people, but in the end love will prevail, but it won’t be what you ...more
Jo-Ann Forrest
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning, this book might shock to your core. This story is dark,twisted and will take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions. Father Amedeo is dark, cruel and even sadistic in his intention for revenge towards the Massimo Tomassi the local mafia kingpin. The victim of his intentions is Carlotta, Massimo's daughter an innocent young woman. She is strong, smart and very oblivious to what her father did to Amedeo . The darkness that surrounds Amedeo is intense and Carlotta wants to help him in his ...more
J. Ockenhouse
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isabella is back and she brings it...fiercely!!! This one checked all my dark fantasies and ones I never dreamt of. These characters will have you on your knees begging for more.

The suspense, family drama, darkness, se*, mafia and religious mind twists blend together for a story that's hard to describe but man does it tingle in the best, darkest ways possible.

Fans who like their boundaries pushed are going to want to jump into this one and let it consume you. I received an ARC for an honest and
Falling_with_the_leaves
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Isabella is back with the dark, nail-biting romance that I craved and loved in all her previous works! I, too, was held captive by this captive romance. I needed it like I needed my next breathe. I sped through the pages like a crazed person, desperately wanting to know what would unfold next. Father Amadeo is dark, addicting, and has you melting into a puddle on the floor. He leaves you spent but then has you eagerly waiting and ready for what more he needs to give you. Carlotta will surprise ...more
Jackie D
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Are you ready to wade through dark waters of depravity, bloodlust, vengeance, and temptations, to hang on the edge of sanity with questionable love and sensuality?

Ms. Starling is back~ 'Confess' her new-not a fluffy romance- it's all-out emotional warfare, with painfully twisted scenes. Followed up with high octane heat with some intriguing characters who captured my attention, making me lean further into my Kindle, needing just a little more of the madness!
Carlotta, Father Amadeo, and
Elizabeth
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The range of emotions I experienced reading this book was amazing. I was angry, I was appalled, disgusted, amazed, sad and happy. It is undoubtedly dark and at times disturbing and once you start reading you can’t put it down and make sure you have tissues ready, the ending is so sad and so happy that if you are like me you will cry through at least the last three chapters. An incredible story.
Madeleine East
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love Isabella's book. This book was dark, twisted, taboo, disturbing, panty melting, intense, edge of your seat and so yummy. I had to finish it once I started because it's THAT good. It's everything I thought it would be and more. I highly recommend this book if you love dark reads. Thank you for another awesome read Isabella!
Ange
Nov 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a dark and twisted tale. The love story that bloomed within this book was unexpected! This book is built on a revenge plot, and the way the author twisted the story kept me intrigued. It's a brutal and callous story that i know not everyone will enjoy, but if you're in the mood for something dark you've found your next read.
Rose Croft
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My girl is back!!! This book...I. Could. Not. Put. It. Down. It was truly dark, steamy, mind blowing and addicting. It had everything I want in a book. The writing is phenomenal. You think you know what's going to happen, but you have no idea. If you like dark, twisted reads filled with smoking hot scenes, this one's for you.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Jasmine
  • Forbidden
  • Christmas Captive
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Daddy's Dirty Boss
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Kisses and Wishes: One Holiday Wish / Collared for Christmas / Stolen Mistletoe Kisses
  • Hate Crush
  • Play Me
  • Sinful Truth (Sinful Truths Book 1)
  • Fear: A Dark Mafia Billionaire Romance
  • Tell Me to Run (Tell Me, #4)
  • You Will Bow (Rules of Bennett Book 2)
  • Pretty Hostage (Captive #3)
  • Crazy Broken Love
  • The Puppetmaster
  • Master of Secrets (Gods of Vegas Book 4)
I'm a self-published author of dark romance and romantic suspense. My pen name Isabella Starling was born in the summer of 2016. I write books that I'd want to read myself, because I started off as a reader myself.

VISIT MY AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE!

VISIT ME ON FACEBOOK!