Start by marking “Flip Trick” as Want to Read:
Flip Trick

Flip Trick

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  892 Ratings  ·  285 Reviews
I did something I had never done before.

I had a one-night stand.

Then in true me fashion, I left my phone at his house during my desperate venture to escape.

I tried hard to ignore the texts sent to my best friend’s phone...

Amethyst: Sup, these selfies are cute as shit, but your lips looked better wrapped around my…

I did NOT text him back.

I DID vow to never speak of him,
Published July 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Flip Trick, please sign up.

Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
“Because I want you. I want all of you. I want to fuck you until you can’t walk or talk, or fucking see straight. I want to ruin you, break you, and make you bleed so I can make it up to you again. I want to fuck you so hard that I leave an imprint of my cock inside of you, so everyone after me knows that you’re mine.”

description

Is there such a thing as too much angst?

Please Note: This review contains spoilers and please do not read it, if you plan on picking this book up in the future <3

____________
Natalie The Biblioholic
This book y'all... this book was THE BEST book that Amo Jones has ever written!! The writing was fluid, the characters were well developed, the plot was moving and evocative, and it was beyond entertaining. I read Flip Trick in one sitting because I could not put it down!

Amethyst was my kind of girl. She had an independent streak a mile wide, she was loyal to a fault, she was fun loving and adventurous, and she was human. She was fiercely strong, compassionate and understanding in most situati
Sabrina

Flip Trick is not my first book from Amo Jones so going into it I was expecting her usual craziness of angst. That's what I like about her books, how out-there and captivating they can be. But unfortunately with this book I didn't find the craziness to be intriguing and instead it just became frustrating.

The story was all over the place with drama. Every time one drama ended, or sometimes before, there was something else popping up and dragging this couple apart. I think if I put together all o
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
First time read for me by this author and let me say, what a ride. A angsty up and down, side to side ride. It was like whiplash, we’d get the highs and then bam we’d get the lows, and it stayed this way till the end.

My heart broke for these characters. Unknowingly they meet at 7 years old but lose touch at a young age. Their instant connection stays with them though.

Amethyst isn’t a partygoer, she’d rather stay in and study or go to the skate park and let loose. She definitely doesn’t do one
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3 ★'s

I'm not even sure where to start with this review. Let me just say that this is the first book I've read by Amo Jones so I have nothing to base her style on. That being said...this book is one hot mess.

Let me explain...Maddox and Amethyst meet at a bar and end up having a one night stand which is totally his thing but not hers. The next day, she's mortified and determined never to see him again only to find out that her mother moved in with his father.

Now that plot would be intriguing eno
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Find This and Other Reviews At Craves The Angst.

I received an eARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

4 “ollie” Stars!

The Review:
Three times!
Three times, I wanted to shut my ereader off and walk away. And I did. All. Three. Times! There were moments I hated the direction of this story. Then curiosity would nag and eat away at me until I picked it back up and was consumed once more! Frustrated and aggrieved. Those words describe half my feelings perfectly. Elated, excited and flat
Kahea
*** 4.5 Stars***

I need a drink or maybe a full on spa day with a deep tissue massage and then a drink or ten because that was intense. Maddox and Amethyst’s journey is as chaotic, and exhausting, as a Cat 5 hurricane and yet, just like those storms, it was just as absolutely fascinating. The angsty drama is relentless as is the chemistry between Maddox and Amethyst and when combined it made for an addicting read.

Maddox and Amethyst I loved. I did. But...Maddox is all kinds of Alpha AF male. Ch
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
description

Amo Jones is one of my absolute favorite dark romance authors. The depths of her depravity just speak to my soul. So when I saw she was doing a contemporary romance, I was super intrigued.
Flip Trick sucked me right in from the getgo. I couldn’t put it down. I fell in love with Amethyst and her snarky, spunky attitude. Maddox is sexy af and so much deeper than what he seems. Those two can’t quite get their shit together though and about halfway through, the angst started to slowly destroy me. It
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Another fantastic 5 star

Can I just say I love this cover to start with and I have loved the teasers as well?
I could not wait to get my hands on this book, and it was so worth the wait.

I started it and could not put it down it was that good. The storyline the twists this book will have you turning the pages to find out what is going happen next. The book is very well written
You will love and hate characters but you will fall for Maddox at first I was not too sure on him but by the end, I really
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Beta read - full review to come.

The Queen of plot twists and alpha a**holes still reigns supreme. What an insane journey. Fans are going to love it!
Jemima
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FOR GOODREADS
PSX_20180729_180820

Title: Flip Trick
Author: Amo Jones
Genre: Romance, New Adult

ARC
What a ride, people! WHAT A FREAKING AMAZING RIDE!!

I have been a fan of Amo Jones for a while now. Having read her Elite King's Club, this book sounded so different yet so intriguing.

Amethyst and Maddox did not disappoint.
I could not stop reading this book! I couldn't put it down! I read it with pulse racing excitement!

I mean, Oh My Lord, Do I need a Maddox in my life... phew!
As a reader, Maddox has a wildness and mystery to him tha
Joy Novel Thoughts
I haven't read any of Amo Jones's work in a while, but I am a sucker for step brother romances and this cover is to DIE FOR! Unfortunately something was missing for me. I felt little to no connection to Amethyst and Maddox. The side characters who were all supposed to be close to them felt forced and I didn't see the things that I was told was there.

All of Flip Trick felt like I was being told the story of Maddox and Ame, I did not live and breathe this story. I couldn't tell you why the charact
Valentina
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Soooo much draaaaama...
Caro Richard
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a rollercoaster that was! I'm all over the place! Every emotion I have gone through reading this! Loved it!!!

This is a book with a unique storyline, that is fantastically written and has drama allllll over the place! And hot. Yes hotness on a stick!

Talking of hotness, let's just gaze at that cover. Simply amazing. With a story to match!

Amethyst and Maddox...they have a tale that spans a lifetime. It's almost magical!
Aurora (Whoo Gives A Hoot)
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *
16779996_424694524540054_281417525_n
For the past few years I have heard amazing things about this author's writing style, so I figured why not FINALLY check one of her stories out! The moment I saw the cover for her next release I knew that I had found the perfect book to pop my Amo Jones cherry!

Flip Trick wasn't anything like I originally anticipated...it was so much better! This story took me on a rollercoaster of emotions with so many unexpected twists and turns thrown in. One sec
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I love the books this author comes up with and each and every time I can’t wait to buy it to support this talented woman!! I do have a few things that I didn’t like about this book so I hope no one gets upset but the anticipation of this book, the build up to several.... SEVERAL shocking moments had me covering my eyes and mouth nervous to continue reading, but was well worth the read!!

As mentioned previously I love this authors work and reading about Amethyst and Maddox was incredibly sexy, ann
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Flip trick was another heart-pounding and unique story from Amo Jones that once again pushed the envelope. This author never fails to pull her punches and through Maddox and Amethyst, led us on another fast-paced and adrenaline pumping story. This story was sexy, explosive and never short on drama!

When free-spirit Amethyst Lily Tatum meets resident badboy and undefeated fighter, Maddox Stone she could have never expected the fireworks that resulted. After a one-night stand with the raw and grit
Nicolette Eyssen
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leave it to Amo to still give all the mind games in one of her “not so darker” books. I love all types of books but darker is normally my jam. I do toss in a few CR from time to time because a good story is just that- a good story.
I can say I am honestly floored at her ability to write.
She tells a tale that we all get absorbed in. It’s raw talent that not many own.

Ok, the deets- Amethyst was all around amazing. She didn’t stick to what others conform to and just simply loved what she loved. I
BookSmacked
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy fack !!!! This book peeps this book was so good.

MADDOX THE DESTROYER STONE !!! 💦💦💦💦

This book had my insides doing all sorts of things. Whether I was screeching at the circumstances happening or my heat felt like it might very well stop with all the what in the holy hell is happening moments Amo Jones did not miss a beat with this book.

Hot AF intense dominant ALPHA hero ✔
Fierce and unique heroine ✔
someone fan me that was hot as hell moments ✔
Angst ✔✔✔✔
Plot twists ✔✔✔✔✔✔

I love stories that
Vickie
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was already half way in love with Maddox Stone before I’d even started, just from the tag line on the cover. I’m a sucker for a bad boy and fighter so I knew I was going to love this book. By the end of chapter two, I was head over heels in love with Maddox. Maddox Stone is everything that I love in a man. He’s cocky, confusing, a bit (a lot) of an asshole and oh so very, very hot. I spent way too much time swooning over Maddox than is socially acceptable. And it wasn’t just Maddox that had me ...more
Anne Milne
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first time I saw the cover I was transfixed it's just so pretty and eye-catching.

From the moment I started reading I was hooked the storyline pulls you in but it's the characterisation that kept me reading. I'm not sure who I had the bigger crush on Maddox or Amethyst for entirely different reasons.

I fell in lust with Maddox from the teasers the author shared there was something about him that grabbed me and didn't let go. He's a sexy cocky arrogant prick at times but that only adds to his
Serena
This is the first book I've read from Amo, and I will definitely be reading more!

I love an asshole book boyfriend. It's actually my weakness. This guy? He took the cake. I love him even though he pissed me off so many times, I cannot even. Flip Trick had me feeling so many things. Lust, anger, horniness, shock, love, happiness, rage...

WARNING, you're going to need a protective case for your e-reader, I threw mine several times. 🤣
KM
Terri Lynn
Aug 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Tanaka K
"You can’t put a personality inside a box and say; ‘That’s what she’s like.’ We’re human, we’re supposed to shed raw emotion and be violently different. More people need to embrace their differences. You don’t want to look back at photos when you’re eighty years old and think Damn, none of those opinions really mattered. I should have just been me."

Shut the front door. Close the curtains. Hide yourself from anyone. Amo Jones has a new book that will blow your socks off. Literally punch a hole de
Juls
2 eye rolling stars

Normally i am all for this kinda shit. The more drama and angst the better. I thrive on that shit. Give me 5 baby mommas and a heaping side order of misunderstandings and i'm pure gluttonous and giddy from the fire mix in my belly.
But this one was just too all over the place. The beginning of the book i wasnt really sure what the hell was going on. Ame's would be mad and then Maddox was mad and honestly i was like wtf did i just miss??? All the back and forth in time was a wa
Helen Altafulla
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amo Jones...
That crazy Kiwi author...
Jesus Christ!!! What an amazing ride this woman has taken me on, filled with so many twists and turns, I got major book related whiplash.
I always have a certain high expectation when reading an Amo Jones book, and every single time, it exceeds it and completely blows it out of the water.
It’s not any different with Flip Trick.

The main characters, the side characters, the BIG MAJOR TWISTS, loved every single little bit.

Amethyst is a woman who has this IDGAF
Stacey (Total Book Addicts Blog)
MADDOX STONE.... YESSSS FUCKING PLEASE!!!

Ok so Flip Trick is the first book I've ever read from Amo *runs and hides*

I know.... What the fuck?! Where you been living Stacey? Under a rock? Hahaha.

But let me tell you this fucking book... gahhhh it was so fucking AMAZING!!!

Maddox ♡ seriously where can I find a man like him. He's sweet but also naughty and hot as hell. The sex. God the sex was on fucking point!! Lol.

Ame ♡ Seriously frickin love her. I want to be best friends with her. She's so diff
Brit
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my favorites from Amo Jones. This book gave me all the feels. All the angst. It had me sitting back in bed and just wondered why Amo! Why did you give me all these feelings. These two gah two characters drove me crazy. I highly recommend reading this
Amo Jones is a small country girl totally winging this author thing (she's probably doing it all wrong). She likes cake, loves wine, and her religion is magic. She's a profound work-a-holic, but when she's not writing, you can find her chilling with her kids & partner at the nearest beach, with a cocktail in her hand.

New Zealand is not a state of Australia and rugby is the best sport ever pla
More about Amo Jones

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Sometimes following your heart, means losing your mind” 0 likes