Start by marking “Girls Will Be Girls: A Novella and Short Stories” as Want to Read:
Girls Will Be Girls: A Novella and Short Stories

Girls Will Be Girls: A Novella and Short Stories

3.26  ·  Rating details ·  35 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
The "Babka" SistersSit down, "shah," you ready? You got your tin can going there, you want to make a test, make sure my voice is good, everything is working all right? OK, so now I'm gonna tell you a story, a story I never told nobody. Why I'm telling you, a stranger, I don't even know, but all right, "eppes," it's time.

Once upon a time, a long, long time ago, around the S
Published January 1st 2000 by Alyson Books

To ask other readers questions about Girls Will Be Girls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girls Will Be Girls

Oct 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
I liked a couple of the short stories, but so many of them blended in together and characters and situations just became blurred and forgettable. A lot of them just read like boring stereotypes.

The novella is one of the worst, most clichéd stories I have ever read, but I kept going in morbid fascination. The characters are dull, self-centered, and totally unlikable. Lesbians are either femme or butch, totally conventional and totally unbelievable. If I heard the butch character (supposedly so ch
Rebecca
Found in the farmhouse at summer camp and read in a rush. Totally fun take on 90s, New England, lesbian culture. Lots of butches and femmes and first gen lesbian moms. Great to read something outside of my normal ken. Also I have betrayal on the brain these days and it was an interesting take on girl-on-girl fidelity. Totally recommend. Especially if you are reading the farmhouse copy at Rowe.
Tatiana
Nov 12, 2007 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lez
i need a negative star for this book. i thought i got rid of it ages ago. made me terrified of lesbian fiction because i thought all of it was this bad.
Ashley
Feb 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: queer folk!
lesbian chick lit short stories. fast and easy read!
Libby
Apr 03, 2007
Cb
Jan 06, 2008
Loudial
rated it did not like it
Dec 18, 2013
Ely
Jul 06, 2014
Nik
Jan 24, 2008
Lesléa Newman (born 1955, Brooklyn, NY) is the author of over 50 books including Heather Has Two Mommies, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Writing From The Heart, In Every Laugh a Tear, The Femme Mystique, Still Life with Buddy, Fat Chance and Out of the Closet and Nothing to Wear.
She has received many literary awards including Poetry Fellowships from the Massachusetts Artists Fellowship Foundation and th
More about Lesléa Newman