Start by marking “The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Kingdom of Copper (The Daevabad Trilogy, #2)

The Kingdom of Copper

(The Daevabad Trilogy #2)

Return to Daevabad in the spellbinding sequel to THE CITY OF BRASS.

Nahri’s life changed forever the moment she accidentally summoned Dara, a formidable, mysterious djinn, during one of her schemes. Whisked from her home in Cairo, she was thrust into the dazzling royal court of Daevabadand quickly discovered she would need all her grifter instincts to survive there.

Now, wit
Hardcover, UK Edition, 619 pages
Expected publication: February 21st 2019 by HarperVoyager (first published January 8th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about The Kingdom of Copper, please sign up.
whatsjennareading No, this is an adult historical fantasy/action adventure.

Melanie

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

1.) The City of Brass ★★★★★

“It is time we get some vengeance for what they have done.”

Friends, this was such a phenomenal installment that was such a treat to read. This is an own voices Muslim Fantasy series, and a historical setting of the early 1800s, which barely touches upon the Ottoman Empire. And The Kingdom of Copper picks up five years after the events of The City of Brass

This is a story about djinn, and ma
Aimal (Bookshelves & Paperbacks)

Please note this review contains spoilers for the first book in the series.

A big thank you to Harper Voyager for sending me a copy for review!

The sequel to S. A. Chakraborty’s magnificent The City of Brass largely takes place five years after the events of the first book. There’s a prologue at the beginning, detailing the immediate aftermath for each of our three main characters. However, the major bulk of the novel takes place several years after Darayavahoush’s ‘death,’ Alizaydi al Qahtani’s p
Will Byrnes
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can you ever make a new world that properly addresses the wounds of the past? - from Lightspeed interview
The Kingdom of Copper is the second in S.A. Chakraborty’s Daevabad Trilogy, and it must be trying harder, as the first was amazing and this one is at least as good. I suppose you might pick this book up and have an entirely fine time reading it, but I would not advise it. If you have not read the first one, The City of Brass, jump on your flying carpet and dash off to your local bookstore. (
Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽
Me at 60%: I think I actually like this sequel better than the first book!
Update: YES. Yes, it is better than the first book! Genie djinni DAEVA battles FTW! And most of the confusing bits from the first book have worked their way out. The story's a lot more coherent and the plot moves along much better.

A strong 4 stars, maybe 4.5. We'll see how it settles. Review to come!
Kilikina
ME AFTER READING THE LAST LINE OF THE DESCRIPTION
description
________

UPDATE: release date pushed back to January 2019........⚰⚰⚰

Dying for even a SLIVER of info about this! 😩
Roshani Chokshi
Chakraborty's debut, CITY OF BRASS, was one of my top 10 reads of the year. Kingdom of Copper is without a doubt in my top 5 of 2019. Sprawling and opulent, the world of Daevabad and it's fascinating magical intrigue soars to new heights in this sequel. I continue to cheer for Nahri. Dahra is conflicted and broody as ever, and Ali...Oh Ali. He is my heart. I just want him to be happy *weeps*. Chakraborty pulls every emotional string with this sequel. At its heart, it is a story of family and the ...more
Ruby
Jan 10, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My experiences with The Daevabad Trilogy thus far: A Graphic Journey

Me upon finishing The City of Brass:

Me upon realizing I have to wait 11 whole months until I can read the Kingdom of Copper:

Me, waiting for the next installment of this series like:

Kristen Burns
4.5 Stars

Review:
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher. This has not influenced my review.*

It is such a treat to find books that are this detailed and nuanced and feel so real. The writing, the characters, the story, the world building, it all came together so perfectly and was so well done that it felt like I was reading about real people. This was one of those books that legitimately made me forget I was reading. I was just there, fully immersed in the story.

Much like in the first
♚ ember
Jan 24, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I would, like, 600% sell my soul to an ifrit to have this book in my hands right now. where are magic lamps when you need them?
jia ✨
I NEED THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I CAN'T WAIT A YEAR TO READ THIS.
Rosamund Hodge
Heart-pounding and heart-wrenching and an utterly perfect sequel.
julia ☆ [owls reads]
#1 The City of Brass: ★★★★★

Jocelyn

*screams eternally*
Maddie
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well I'm motherfucking broken.
Vicky Who Reads
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I’m obviously not the most experienced at reading or reviewing adult fantasy.

But unlike with The City of Brass (which I admit I read somewhat haphazardly), I really put my all into paying attention to The Kingdom of Copper.

And you know what?

It was so worth it.

Even though I remembered basically nothing from book 1 at the beginning of The Kingdom of Copper, somehow I managed to jog my memory as I read the sequel, and it was so subtle I cry at how well Chakraborty brought up book 1 wit
Merline
Shannon put her whole foot in this book. Do yourself a favor and treat yo self to this book and these characters and this world. Pre-order this. I need time to write a full review because I'm so emotional right now. my heart is full, but I'm emotional. ahhhhh. I need book 3. I don't know how I'll survive the wait.
Acqua
Jul 05, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy, db, tbr-sequels
This may be one of my most anticipated books for next year but this cover does kind of look as if someone is being abducted by aliens
Kibby
This book is so good it makes me want to cry. Full review should be up tomorrow. Omg, what do I do with my life while I wait for book 3????
Nada Hosny
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the land whose essence still flowed in her blood and beat in her heart. Cairo, the city she missed so fiercely it took her breath away at times.

CRAZYYYY!
I'm gong crazy.
The book is from 3 POV: Nahri, Ali, and Dara.

I personally, don't like multiple POV, i get attracted to one side of the story and get bored when i get to the others pov. but did that happen in this book? NOOOO!
Every single chapter/POV was amazingly interesting! so PACKED AND INTENSE. but when a chapter ends and another one with
Angela
Shehzeen Muzaffar
2019? SERIOUSLY? AFTER THAT ENDing? I NEED IT NOW!!!!
Brittany Kantack
HOLY HELL.
I wish I would not have read this before it came out. I wish I would have saved it for before the 3rd book was released so I could binge it like a favorite TV show.

I was hesitant to start this as the first book was *just okay* to me. I think the concept was really fresh, and something the YA fantasy community needed. It just didn't captivate me as much as this book did. I could not put this down. It was a page-turner. I devoured this book. It had my heart pounding with every page turn,
Lauren [DontGoBrekkerMyHeart]
My favorite book of 2018. Hands down.
RTC
Madeline
Dec 27, 2018 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-book
DNF -- The second book in a trilogy is too often used as a "filler" book. Not only does Kingdom of Copper fall into this category, it is 600 PAGES OF FILLER

This series has so much potential, but nothing warrants 600 pages of boring set-up. I just can't do it. 2019 is the year I don't force myself to finish books that don't interest me. Thank u, next.
Nkisu
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I SHOULD'VE WAITED UNTIL BOOK THREE. MY BRAIN IS A MESS. HOW SHANNON WAS ABLE TO SURPASS THE PERFECTION THAT IS THE CITY OF BRASS, IS BEYOND ME. I'll need some time to collect myself before writing a full review because damn, this book.
Kalie
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's nothing like that feeling of sweet, sweet relief when the follow-up to one of your favorite reads of the last year ends up being just as wonderful. SWEET, SWEET RELIEF, my friends.
Rea
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-fav
YALL ARENT READY
Emilly The Book Scamp
**Spoiler free for all my good guys and gals out there in the big, big world**

Once more, readers return to Daevabad only to find themselves stunned at its unimaginable glory.

And by stunned, I mean absolutely, gobsmacked, mouth open-and-home-to-three-generations of flies stunned.

This was absolutely amazing and a fabulous follow-up to S.A. Chakraborty’s debut, City of Brass.

Nahri is once more the center of attention as she languishes in, at once, the safest and most dangerous place in the world fo
Adiba Jaigirdar
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, sci-fi-fantasy
I can't. Holy shit. The City Of Brass was amazing but how has Chakraborty surpassed that amazingness tenfold? Full review when I pick my jaw off the floor and recover from that rollercoaster of emotions because MY GOD.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
S. A. Chakraborty is a speculative fiction writer from New York City. Her debut, The City of Brass, was the first book in The Daevabad Trilogy and has been short-listed for the Locus, British Fantasy and World Fantasy awards. When not buried in books about Mughal miniatures and Abbasid political intrigue, she enjoys hiking, knitting, and recreating unnecessarily complicated medieval meals for her ...more

The Daevabad Trilogy (3 books)
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
  • Untitled (The Daevabad Trilogy, #3)