Start by marking “Lachlan's Protégé” as Want to Read:
Lachlan's Protégé

Lachlan's Protégé

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  36 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
She never knew nightmares.
Until she became mine.

He gave her none.

She was an angel.
He was a monster.

She wanted to escape.
He wanted to destroy her.

They were at war.
And only one of them would win.

Warning: Dark Romance.
18+ due to sexual content, profanity, abuse, graphic v

To ask other readers questions about Lachlan's Protégé, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lachlan's Protégé

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
To be honest, I am a bit unsure on what rating I want to give this one. I am flip-flopping between 3-Stars and 4-Stars. If I rate it based on enjoyment alone, then it is a solid 4-Stars. That said, I did have a few issues with it (more about those in a bit). In any case, this author does dark serial killers well, and this book was no exception. The writing was very good. The pace was OK. The plot was engaging and kept me turnings the pages. It had some good twists and tu
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have become a fan of V.F. Mason after Psychopath's Prey and was so excited to read Lachlan and Valencia's story. This story was intense, sexy and addicting and I could not get enough of their snappy banter and hot af attraction!

Without giving away any spoilers I enjoyed the feel of this story and the reasoning behind Lachlan's motive for doing what he did. This story was consuming and I could not put it down. I will honestly say though that the first 15-20% confused me alot as I felt the autho
Expresso-Girls Just Wanna Have Books  ; A Mafia Romance
From the first sentence on page one I knew this story would give me LIFE! Mason is legendary for her darkness and is completely unapologetically authentic!

Allow me to convey this story’s backdrop is a religious cult. If you are sensitive to the subject, STOP NOW. Walk away from the tunnel!

Valencia, a renowned ballerina, is the spoils of war brewing for decades. This story is so well written I couldn’t figure out the “whodunnit”! I mean really....who would have thought that joka? Yeah pretty va
Julie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mmmm! A very dark story. Lachlan certainly had many deep issues and his actions and choices of dealing with them were horrific to say the least. And Valencia unfortunately finds herself his next target.
The story had me hooked right from the start. I was enthralled with the sick, crazy story, and it had twist and turns that kept me turning the pages for the next surprise. The only annoyance I felt was the constant flashbacks, there was quite a lot and I got a little confused as too where we were
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 devastating stars!! Wow!! Incredible book.

I read a book by this author called “Psychopath’s Prey” and she hooked me with it. So I knew coming into this book that she had no problem with making good want evil. This book makes you want the bad guy. I am not talking like motorcycle bad boy I am talking serial killing, crazy SOB!!

“..Sinners and saints don’t mix.”

Lachlan is that crazy SOB and damn if he isn’t extremely sexy, bad, crazy, funny, and I know this may sound crazy but he does have a b
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
V.F. Mason always hooks me in with new book coming soon!! She knows how to write a fantastic Anti hero, dark and twisted story.

Lachlan's Protégé is told in both the past and present day, with dual POV. I love when a grippy story does this i feel it gives more of an insight into both characters and the events that helped shaped them into the people they are now.

Lachlan and Valencia had great chemistry, but what really gripped me was the way their lives were interwoven. I just couldn't put this
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Once upon a time, an angel and a monster fell in love. And both of them paid dearly for it."

Lachlan's Protégé was everything I've come to expect from V.F. Mason's writing style. Gritty, sexy and a little bit disturbing. Aimed straight at my dark heart.

Circumstances throw Valencia into the arms of Lachlan, or that's what she thought, little did she know she was nothing but a means to an end. A pawn in a game she had no idea she was playing.

It’s hard to talk about the plot without giving somet
Terri Lynn
Jul 17, 2018 marked it as to-read
Author -- V.F. Mason.
Release date-- August 15th 2018

I am looking forward to reading this. V.F. Mason is one of a kind. I love her writing.
image: description
Liz
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dark, twisted and suspenseful story and I devoured it!

Happy reading!
Meghana Sarathy
This book was brilliant from start to finish and I literally savoured it. V F Mason doens't disappoint and she met all my expectations!! This is my second book of the author (First being Psychopath's Prey that turned out to be one of the best books of the year for me) and though it dealt with a similar theme, it was very diff in its execution and storyline and I totally loved it.
I really don't want to delve into the story as anything I might tell might be a small piece in the big puzzle and a po
Elie Kelly
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

He has come to drag her to darkness...

An aspiring ballerina, Valencia as set up only three goals for herself: get on that damn stage, dance like her life depends on it, and make everyone around her happy. She learned early in life that emotions and acting out of boundaries only lead to disaster. So this time she does everything by the rules.

However, the angel is very well about to fall...

Lachlan has his own reasons to get the beatiful ballerina as his captive. But in the battle of wills, who wil
Elie
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital
He has come to drag her to darkness...

However, the angel is very well about to fall...

Alicia Harrietha
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, so Lachlan's Protégé is the first book that I have read written by V.F. Mason and I was not disappointed one bit. I do love a good dark romance and once I got into the nitty gritty of the book I found myself completely engaged. However, I have to admit I was a little lost at times with dates and memories and such but it didn't take away from me enjoying the book.

Lachlan is dark, sexy and can let lose all sorts of twisted desires. I really disliked him in the beginning and even throughout th
Hanan
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely thrilling heart pounding read!
Loved Lachlan’s Protege!
The characters in the book are so freaking fascinating,every single one!
Valencia and Lachlan though are such complex intriguing people.
Each has their own reasons for how they live,what they base their decisions on and nothing,not even what they truly long for and desire will change their mindset.
Their circumstances and environment has set into motion their actions and the way they view and live life.
The monster wants to ta
Leanne
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a dark romance whore. Throw anything taboo at me and I'll lap it up like a cat does cream. Thanks to the blurb of this book i knew that this was going to be my cup of tea straight from the get go...serial killer, monsters and destruction, what else could a girl ask for?!
Ill tell you what...a warning like this to really get the blood pumping..."18+ due to sexual content, profanity, abuse, graphic violence, and adult subject matter."

There were a few things that bugged me a little, it was a t
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark reads always leave me in a jumble of emotions and make me think hard on gray areas. V.F. Mason takes it a step further and makes me crave the emotions that bubble up, the emotions that sympathize with a serial killer. The emotions that make me revel in the dark and the monsters we all hide. She gave me Lachlan, a tortured, rage filled, sadistic murderer. Then she made me fall deeply in love with him. She gave me Valencia, a talented, lost, sassy ballerina. Then she made me yell at her to lo ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
Holy Twisted Mind F*%^ Batman! Lachlan’s Protégé is a dark, twisted romance that will tie you up in knots.  From inside the mind of a serial killer comes his idea of revenge and something he didn’t count on ‘love’.   I loved this story and the complexity of the characters.  They were not shallow and had depth beyond what I was expecting.  If you are wanting a good suspense novel to read I highly recommend Lachlan’s Protégé, it is a 5-star read.

Valencia Moore is the ideal woman.  She is a beauti
Brandy Roberts
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another amazing story by V.F. Mason , Lachlan's Protégé would be one of many books that I've read by the author and I know I want to read more as soon as possible . This is a dark romance so be prepared this isn't an easy coupling but the author finds a way for it to work . Story line keeps you into what is going on with the characters and how this will end it throws you into a roller coaster of emotions .
A must read
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero=8
Tyi
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was in a terrible book funk. I didn't know what to read next. Even listening to an audiobook wouldn't do... I was really stuck until Lachlan's Protege. I knew from just the prologue this was going to be amazing. The main characters, Lachlan and Valencia, had a straight love/hate relationship. The sexual attraction was there but everything was falling to the wayside until one event. I'm not going to call this event a fateful one. It wasn't but it was needed for both main characters.

The twist a
K.  Ramjohn
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lachlan's Protege was nothing like I expected. It was unique, suspenseful and at times disturbing. This was a dark read. There was torture, abuse, bloodshed and murder in this story. There was also romance and friendship included.
Told in both the past and present day, this story gave us dual POV and we were able to gain great insight into both characters and the events that helped shaped them into the people they become.
Lachlan and Valencia had great chemistry and that was what had me hooked f
Rahmayanti
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ten star for Lachlan's Protege!!!
I'm not even sure what to write in my review here cause ...oh my heart just ...i love love love this book! If you love dark with twisted plots, characters that would make you cry and love and hate and lusting and break your heart and fix it although not in one perfect pieces, if you love romance in all its bad and beuty, in all its dark and sunshine at the end of the tunnel...if you want to read about the angel who makes the monster bleed, then Lachlan Protege is
Paula D
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow I’m blown away! What a intense, crazy, dark, deep story! Valencia i love how strong of a character she is. That no matter what she never gives up. Lachlan what a dark soul but while reading you understand why and you think to yourself wouldn’t you want revenge. Two people in different worlds collide and become trapped in darkness and maybe the little of light will bring them together. At points this was a very tough book to read it shatters your heart. But in the end who is the devil and who ...more
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is another awesome read by this author. I really need more time to read all of her previous books. Although I’ve read a few I know I need to read more.

Lachlan and Valencia’s story is a dark intense read. Two completely different people from two different worlds. I felt as if I was mumbling to myself so much while reading this. It’s just that kinda book for me.

The author knows how to grab her readers attention and keep it from start to finish. This is one of those books I wish I could give m
Codie  Riddell
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book had me curious after reading the blurb. I started it and had a moment of what the hell am I reading and why am I unable to put it down. This book is raw, intense, violent and heartbreaking on multiple levels. I felt all the emotions. I freaking loved it. Unfortunately I couldn't devour it in one sitting like I wanted to due to life, it was the longest 3 days of my life only being able to read so much at a time. Definitely worth it though. I can't wait to see what comes next!

***Reviewed
Kelly Williams
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review. This book is disturbing with a capitol D but equally as good. I was sucked in from the very beginning! What a twisted tale and plot. Lachlan sure knew what he was doing and manipulated Valencia. I'm glad it ended the way it did. I didn't see that twist at the end coming. This book was also very hot and dark at the same time. Valencia knew what Lachlan was but was still drawn to him and ultimately loved him. I love all the books by ...more
Melissa Ann
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is dark, twisted and the story of these two characters is woven so perfectly in this book. Lachlan has a terrible past and is out for revenge, over the years he meets Valencia, a aspiring ballet dancer. These two right off the bat have hot chemistry but go their separate ways after she has to leave to return home. The next few years Lachlan crosses paths with Valencia and that’s where the real story begins and it’s one heck of a dark and sensual ride.
NC Reader
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 BURNING STARS!!
Revenge, lust, love, heartbreak, life & death..... it’s all in there. Good vs Evil, Heaven & Hell, Monsters and Angels... Mason delivers another fantastic read that shouldn’t be ignored.

“I once heard a saying that a fish and bird can fall in love… but where will they build their nest?”- Valencia

“Sociopaths are shaped by their environment” -Lachlan

“Dead people don’t need our tears. They can’t help them anyway. A simple truth that everyone should accept.” -Lachlan
Lauren R.
Jul 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an angsty, dark & twisted romance that left me gasping even after the Epilogue!
I was gripping hard to my kindle & shouting OMG so many times I lost count.
Be ready to fall hard & then pick yourself up with Lachlan's story.
Author V.F. Mason outdid herself with this book. <3 it!
A Top 2018 Must Read!

5 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒popped!
**ARC provided by author for review***
Ratula
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Full Blog Review: http://bit.ly/2vBTTsf
Visit me on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2e1wFpE
Reader group: http://bit.ly/2iXZd0l
Website: vfmason.com
Instagram: authorvfmason
Twitter: @Author_VFMason

V.F.Mason always loved reading books and had quite a few fights with her mama over the genre she liked (romance, duh!) She studied filmmaking and thought that would feed her desire for stories, but that didn't happen.
Finally, when she was tired of all
More about V.F. Mason