Start by marking “Lachlan's Protégé” as Want to Read:
Lachlan's Protégé

Lachlan's Protégé

She never knew nightmares.
Until she became mine.

He gave her none.

She was an angel.
He was a monster.

She wanted to escape.
He wanted to destroy her.

They were at war.
And only one of them would win.

Warning: Dark Romance.
18+ due to sexual content, profanity, abuse, graphic v
Published August 15th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Lachlan's Protégé, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lachlan's Protégé

The Life of Anna by Marissa HoneycuttThe Dominator by D.D. PrinceComfort Food by Kitty ThomasSick Fux by Tillie ColeTears of Tess by Pepper Winters
DARK READS
195 books — 133 voters
Untouchable by Sam MarianoLucca by Sarah BrianneTwisted Emotions by Cora ReillyReign To Rule by Zoey EllisReign To Ravage by Zoey Ellis
Dark/triggers
100 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)

description~WRITING - PLOT - PACE~
To be honest, I am a bit unsure on what rating I want to give this one. I am flip-flopping between 3-Stars and 4-Stars. If I rate it based on enjoyment alone, then it is a solid 4-Stars. That said, I did have a few issues with it (more about those in a bit). In any case, this author does dark serial killers well, and this book was no exception. The writing was very good. The pace was OK. The plot was engaging and kept me turnings the pages. It had some good twists and tu
Dri ✰
DNF @ 48%

▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬⋆▬

It seems like I'm not in the mood for this book. *sigh* Maybe I'll come back to finish it. Maybe not.
I can’t connect with the main characters.
I wasn’t able to like the heroine, her personality didn’t please me at all.
So I tried to find something else in the story that I liked... but at this point I'd rather stop it before I come to hate everything.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
thumbnail_LACHLAN_Teaser6

Arc Book Review
Release Date-15/8/18

I was really looking forward to "Lachlan's Protégé"; it had one of those blurbs that was just oh so intriguing and it certainly didn't disappoint capturing and retaining my interest ever so easily.
I didn't like this quite as much as "Psychopath's Prey" but have to say it was a very close second indeed.
I adored the way this story was told with present time and flashbacks and it certainly managed to keep me on my toes as I was never quite sure of Lachlan
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
4.5 Stars

Wow! My first book from this author but I'm blown away. This is a spoiler free review because you just need to go in blind for the most enjoyment.
Once upon a time, an angel and a monster fell in love.

This was an unconventional love story that was dark, gritty and emotional. Yes! I was surprised with all the feels I had with this one. Lachlan is the ultimate anti-hero who most will call a monster. I mean he is a serial killer after all. How can you love a serial killer you may ask?
Expresso
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the first sentence on page one I knew this story would give me LIFE! Mason is legendary for her darkness and is completely unapologetically authentic!

Allow me to convey this story’s backdrop is a religious cult. If you are sensitive to the subject, STOP NOW. Walk away from the tunnel!

Valencia, a renowned ballerina, is the spoils of war brewing for decades. This story is so well written I couldn’t figure out the “whodunnit”! I mean really....who would have thought that joka? Yeah pretty va
Bookgasms Book Blog
Aug 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have become a fan of V.F. Mason after Psychopath's Prey and was so excited to read Lachlan and Valencia's story. This story was intense, sexy and addicting and I could not get enough of their snappy banter and hot af attraction!

Without giving away any spoilers I enjoyed the feel of this story and the reasoning behind Lachlan's motive for doing what he did. This story was consuming and I could not put it down. I will honestly say though that the first 15-20% confused me alot as I felt the autho
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark, loved-it
This is another awesome read by this author. I really need more time to read all of her previous books. Although I’ve read a few I know I need to read more.

Lachlan and Valencia’s story is a dark intense read. Two completely different people from two different worlds. I felt as if I was mumbling to myself so much while reading this. It’s just that kinda book for me.

The author knows how to grab her readers attention and keep it from start to finish. This is one of those books I wish I could give m
Paula D
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-favs
Wow I’m blown away! What a intense, crazy, dark, deep story! Valencia i love how strong of a character she is. That no matter what she never gives up. Lachlan what a dark soul but while reading you understand why and you think to yourself wouldn’t you want revenge. Two people in different worlds collide and become trapped in darkness and maybe the little of light will bring them together. At points this was a very tough book to read it shatters your heart. But in the end who is the devil and who ...more
Kira
Too much abuse, and there wasn't enough good to balance it. Lachlan wasn't someone I could root for. His desire for revenge made sense, but he had a weird way of going about it. (view spoiler) I probably would have liked him more if he had shown growth by the end.

Valencia irrita
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

The devil and the angel once met in a faraway place, only later to find out that their chance meeting and blissful week were the well-constructed plans of a serial killer.

Lachlan is my favorite kind of character. The ultimate anti-hero. He is dark and cold. He plans and sets into motion a complicated end-game. One that is really not clear until the very end of the book. There are little crumbs left for you to follow but it isn't until the last 20% of this book that you really see what is going o
Renee
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

She never knew nightmares. Until she became mine. She was a ballerina. He was a serial killer. She ran away from him. He caught her. She begged for mercy. He gave her none. She was an angel. He was a monster. She wanted to escape. He wanted to destroy her. They were at war. And only one of them would read.

Holy wow!!!! This book is amazing. It has a lot of twists and turns and I swear it kept me on my
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Once upon a time, an angel and a monster fell in love. And both of them paid dearly for it."

Lachlan's Protégé was everything I've come to expect from V.F. Mason's writing style. Gritty, sexy and a little bit disturbing. Aimed straight at my dark heart.

Circumstances throw Valencia into the arms of Lachlan, or that's what she thought, little did she know she was nothing but a means to an end. A pawn in a game she had no idea she was playing.

It’s hard to talk about the plot without giving somet
Julie
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mmmm! A very dark story. Lachlan certainly had many deep issues and his actions and choices of dealing with them were horrific to say the least. And Valencia unfortunately finds herself his next target.
The story had me hooked right from the start. I was enthralled with the sick, crazy story, and it had twist and turns that kept me turning the pages for the next surprise. The only annoyance I felt was the constant flashbacks, there was quite a lot and I got a little confused as too where we were
Shyralf
3 1/2 ⭐⭐⭐ Stars! This was good read. What happened to Lachlan as a child was terrible, which contributed to the person he became. The heroine had a sheltered upbringing and became a ballet dancer. Both MCs had great chemistry. ...more
Sharon
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have truly enjoyed some of this authors dark and twisted stories and this was no different. This story was dark, twisted, intense, and addicting!

So for most of the story we don’t know what is driving Lachlan's so there is this huge puzzle that we are given piece by piece in flashback. As a result, the first 25% or so was quite confusing since you don’t really connect with the characters since their pasts are so complex. But if you can push through the never ending flashbacks you will truly und
Tianna✸loves books✸
Not for me

Lachlan is a serial killer. Valencia is a ballerina.

“The time has come though to clip those wings of hers and bring her not to mortals, but underground to the depths of hell so I can taint her light with my darkness and prove that no matter where you come from, you are never immune to it.”

Lachlan and Valencia spend a whole week fucking each other in Italy. But then they part ways. And the next we see that Lachlan owns almost everything where Valencia is concerned.
And yes she already ha
Cheryl Whitty
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
My god Lachlan’s protégé is a compelling, but dark read. This is no fluffy romance, it is psychological torture. The story is told a dual pov which works very well for this story. Also we see plenty of flashbacks as we learn about Lachlan and Valencia stories.
This starts as a normal romance, but quickly moves into something much darker. No one is who you think they are, as we the author leads you down a darker road.
V.F Mason has wove a dark but compel
Marah
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it

An ARC of Lachlan's Protege by V.F. Mason was given to me in exchange for an honest review.

This is my first book by V.F. Mason and I have to say I loved the concept of Lachlan's Protege. The character of Lachlan really draws the reader in. Lachlan is dark and dangerous, but readers' can see that he has a reason for all the acts he commits even if you're deciphering what's going on as the story progresses. I love how V.F. Mason is great at leaving the readers in the unknown. You won't know what's
Elie Kelly
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

He has come to drag her to darkness...

An aspiring ballerina, Valencia as set up only three goals for herself: get on that damn stage, dance like her life depends on it, and make everyone around her happy. She learned early in life that emotions and acting out of boundaries only lead to disaster. So this time she does everything by the rules.

However, the angel is very well about to fall...

Lachlan has his own reasons to get the beatiful ballerina as his captive. But in the battle of wills, who wil
Joyffree
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The road to he'll I'd paved with good intentions

Marcus Aurelius once said, “The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.”
If only Lachlan had held that belief close as he sought his revenge the outcome might have been a bit more desired? But alas that was not to be

Our characters :
Valencia - raised under the guise of purity as a vessel for the future. A prominent player on the board, too bad she was unaware of that fact. Really liked her stubborn streak and she was honest about
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
Aug 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-read
4.5 devastating stars!! Wow!! Incredible book.

I read a book by this author called “Psychopath’s Prey” and she hooked me with it. So I knew coming into this book that she had no problem with making good want evil. This book makes you want the bad guy. I am not talking like motorcycle bad boy I am talking serial killing, crazy SOB!!

“..Sinners and saints don’t mix.”

Lachlan is that crazy SOB and damn if he isn’t extremely sexy, bad, crazy, funny, and I know this may sound crazy but he does have a b
Demetra
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, e-books
4.5 Stars

It's been a while since I've read a truly dark romance. V. F. Mason turned out to be an excellent choice. Since I haven't read before a book from the author, I didn't know what to expect. Let me tell you that this book surpassed all my expectations!

The book starts out with the plot somewhere in the middle and we get to find out more while reading forward. I was a little confused at first but after I found out more information, I was sucked into the story!

Valencia is a ballerina, held ca
MillsyLovesBooks
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
V.F. Mason always hooks me in with new book coming soon!! She knows how to write a fantastic Anti hero, dark and twisted story.

Lachlan's Protégé is told in both the past and present day, with dual POV. I love when a grippy story does this i feel it gives more of an insight into both characters and the events that helped shaped them into the people they are now.

Lachlan and Valencia had great chemistry, but what really gripped me was the way their lives were interwoven. I just couldn't put this
Brittany Hively
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lachlan's Protege is a story full of broken people and the monsters that broke them.

From the beginning, I loved Lachlan. I knew he was dark, twisted, and a bit deranged, but that was okay. I knew there was a reason and it wouldn't be pretty. I loved Valencia from the beginning too. I could sense this girl who needed to break away and go after her own dreams and the fight she had in here. These two, they were just so easy to love.

I sat down and couldn't stop reading this book. I had to keep goin
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

I swear I think V.F. Mason has tapped into my deep dark soul because Lachlan’s Protégé was another dark romance that I didn’t want to put down. I am purposely keeping this review fairly short because it would be easy to give spoilers away and I don’t want to do that. This book could trigger some people so if you aren’t a fan of dark romances or know that you have triggers take care when reading Lachlan’s Protégé.
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God, I loved this story. There is so much wrong with it, that at one point I had to think is there something wrong with me because I loved it so much.

This is a dark and twisted story for everyone involved. Lachlan and Valencia are entwined from childhood to bad Valencia don't know that when she first meets him. Lachlan makes sure that he is present in Valencia life in everything she is in and takes interest in. When he finally decides he has everything ready for her, he makes his move.

Valenci
Reckless Readers
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
'Once upon a time, an angel and a monster fell in love. And both of them paid dearly for it.'
What the fudge was that... Like seriously what was that madness?!
I've been a book funk lately where nothing really hold my attention. Well hello to one of the darkest novels I've read in long time. I am only describing this is a few short sentence because it has to be read, you cannot give this amazing novel a spoiler review.
It's disturbed, horrifying tragically destroying nightmare of a fairytale that h
Wikki Stephens
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy...!

I never would have thought in a million years I’d have chosen a book about a ballerina and a serial killer as a pairing. That said, holy cow! This book deserves the praise it’s receiving and more. Absolutely well done! You understand the motivations and the twists are PHENOMENAL! Very well written! I’ve recommended it to two different people already. I’ve told them they need to stop whatever they are doing (including eating and sleeping) and just read this book. I couldn’t put it down! I
100sweet
Sep 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
This was not a good story. The h struggled growing up and then her relationship with the H was another struggle. He treated her badly and she couldn't resist him because her body would betray her. I didn't see him make any sacrifices for her; it was all about him. Then the h is again mistreated for several months. It sucked and was too depressing. The H definitely didn't show real love for the h.
KFForever
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
kfforever

Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

This is my first book by this author and I am warning you now to prepare your heart and guts. This is a dark standalone story that might cause triggers for some readers.

Valencia is a talented ballerina dedicated to her art, she led a sheltered life. Her goal is to be the prima ballerina in her dance company and anything else is second place until she meets Lachlan. Little does she know that getting involved with Lachlan will not
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos, #2)
  • Prison Promise (Prison Saints #1)
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
  • Stockholm
  • To Have and to Hold
  • Preach. (Church, #2)
  • Destroy Me (Crystal Gulf, #1)
  • Twisted Secrets
  • Fading Out (Living Heartwood, #3)
  • Forgotten Promises
  • Death by the River
  • Where We Began (Where We Began Duet , #1)
  • Captive Beauty
  • Condemned Series:  Books 1-4
  • Taking Avery (Lilith’s Army MC, #1)
  • Villains & Vodka (Top Shelf #2)
  • Dirty (Bad. Dirty. Power. #2)
  • I Found You (Starting Out #1)
Visit me on Facebook: http://bit.ly/2e1wFpE
Reader group: http://bit.ly/2iXZd0l
Website: vfmason.com
Instagram: authorvfmason
Twitter: @Author_VFMason

V.F.Mason always loved reading books and had quite a few fights with her mama over the genre she liked (romance, duh!) She studied filmmaking and thought that would feed her desire for stories, but that didn't happen.
Finally, when she was tired of all
“My pain should always be only my own. The monster got the angel.” 0 likes