Start by marking “How to Self-Publish a Book: For the Technology Challenged Author” as Want to Read:
How to Self-Publish a Book: For the Technology Challenged Author

How to Self-Publish a Book: For the Technology Challenged Author

Ditch the overwhelm. Right now.

You’re an author … and you want to self-publish, right? So why haven’t you yet?

I’ll bet it’s because you feel overwhelmed. There are so many steps to take when self-publishing, and no one easy way to take them. Until now, that is.
How to Self-publish a Book by Barb Drozdowich is ready-made to help you do just that. Its step-by-step, friendl
Published April 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about How to Self-Publish a Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Self-Publish a Book

Jane
I can't believe how much information is in this book! I was expecting a basic overview of how to stick a book up on Amazon and not much else, so I was shocked to see just how much of the process this book covers. It starts out with some basic terminology used in the book world and then builds on that by describing the physical anatomy of a book. Author Barb Drozdowich then continues on to describe how to actually write and prepare a professional manuscript before even starting to get into the pu ...more
Babs
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, publishing
How to self- publish a book is very informative. With the authors background she knows what she is talking about. This book is not just for beginning authors it is also for the seasoned author who wants to try indie publishing. Not only does Barb go over all the key points she includes links and explains what each item is. If you forget why you go along you can use the glossary at the end of the book. Easy step by step to keep an author on track of what to do. She even assigns homework that help ...more
JAnn Bowers
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I like reading books by authors who share tips and tricks about how to improve in writing, publishing and marketing. This book was just that. It was full of information for any beginners..
Kay
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Barb Drozdowich tells she she knows why things work in self-publishing and then shows her vast understanding of the process as she lays out the whole range of these things in simple demos. She actually calls it “author-directed publishing” and I find that more accurate and more encouraging. As a beginner, this is the book I’ve been waiting for! With her tech background and deep experience, Barb has given us a dense and complete manual we can really use if we are babes in the publishing and techn ...more
Literary Soirée
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“How to Self-Publish a Book” provides an insider’s guide to self publishing, whether in book or digital format. The author has 16 self-published books and knows the digital arena intimately. Her expertise has also been honed through teaching non-techies digital language in lay persons’ terms. Written in an easy style that highlights key points, with resource links and a glossary of terms, as well as step by step instructions useful for newbies and skilled authors alike.

Thanks to the author, publ
Willy Marz Thiessam
Barb Drozdowich in her new book "How to Self-Publish a book" has produced something lovely. Its easy to read and is packed with well researched information as well as practical advice. This is also very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in publishing a book, even if you don't self publish. This book gives you a great lay of the land with up to date information that will help you assess the best way to make your work sell.
Starr Waddell
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent and informative book for new authors who intend to self-publish. I'll definitely suggest to my clients. Thanks to the author, publisher, and NetGalley for a copy of the ARC.
Lady Elizabeth
Nov 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
As someone who reads about how the Indie Authors go about writing, publishing, launching, marketing and getting an income from their books, this was golden. This book was packed full of information that will be useful to me in the future.
I was expecting to find surface level information about self-publishing a book but I was pleasantly surprised when that was not the case. Not only it's useful, currently applicable and easy to read, but also fun.
The author did a great job at sharing her knowledg
Jamal Mazrui
Sherin
Aug 28, 2018
Deborah Huffman
Oct 02, 2018
Barb can teach anyone to use WordPress. She is a voracious reader of Regency Romance, taxi driver, gourmet chef in training, and slave to a cute puppy.

Barb has taught in colleges, universities and in the banking industry. More recently, she brings her years of teaching experience and a deep love of books to help authors develop the social media platform needed to succeed in today’s fast evolving p