Start by marking “Rough Waters (Drenaline Surf, #2)” as Want to Read:
Rough Waters (Drenaline Surf, #2)

Rough Waters

(Drenaline Surf #2)

Haley Sullivan has waited impatiently for her return to the west coast, her California friends, and most of all, Vin Brooks. But she isn't the only new face in Crescent Cove this summer. When Colby Taylor's parents finally track him down and interrupt his surf competition with a dramatic entrance, the surf star spirals out of control, dragging Drenaline Surf's reputation t ...more
ebook, 2018 Cover
Published June 17th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Rough Waters, please sign up.
chris wilcox Nikki, thanks so much for the answer. I know perfectly well how health problems can put on strain on life or change your life forever since last year…moreNikki, thanks so much for the answer. I know perfectly well how health problems can put on strain on life or change your life forever since last year i ended jobless trying to claim disability after getting diagnosed with an neuropathgic problems. Not what you expect or want to hear at age 43. So while i read a lot before now its ridiculous how much i read. So i hope wverything turned ok with the family health issue as you are a wonderful writer an i cant wait to finish this series. TY again for the answer.(less)

Abbie
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating - 2.5

I wasn't a fan of the first one, and the same goes for this one.

The characters were okay, but again, i couldn't warm to any of them enough to like them. Colby's parents annoyed me though. (view spoiler)

The pacing in this was too slow, and just like the first installment, it bored me.

Overall, Not an enjoyable series for me.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Kristalyn Thornock (The Sarcastic Palmtree)
At First Sight

I didn't need to see this book to know I was going to read it. I could have had no cover at all and I was going to read it no matter what. Rough Waters is the 2nd book in the Drenaline Surf Series and where Chasing Forever Down was my favorite book of 2013, there was no question as to whether or not I would be reading this one. That being said, I like the cover of the book and it looks great side by side with Book 1 Chasing Forever Down.

Characters and Relationships

One of the main t
J.S.
Oct 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh :(

Haley returns to Crescent Cove, as promised, one summer after chasing her forever dream down there. The setting's still beautiful, the characters (bar one) are still wonderful, but the magic has been sucked away by the tide.

From the moment Haley arrives back in the Cove real life stamped a huge steel-toed boot down on her dreams and crushed them. Yeah, so I know reality rarely ever lives up to the fantasy, but that truth was so not what I wanted from this book. I didn't want to be disillus
Priscilla Garcia
Omg I love this series, I loved the first book and I loved this one. Is hard to find series where your love for the series and characters grow. This is one of those series for me. What's not to love, you have hot guys, surfing, drama, and romance.

I still love all the guys, they are so different but you learn to love each and everyone of them.
Even the girls are cool and outgoing.

Vin was my favorite character on the first book, On this book I saw a different side of Vin a more mature and respons
(Read using Kindle Unlimited)

This book was as slow as the first one unfortunately, and once again it seemed that not a lot happened. There was a development with Colby’s parents; (view spoiler)
Isabella
Mar 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I honestly don't even know where to begin. This book is everything I wanted and more. It's hard to explain how flawless this book is, but I'll try.

One of the words that comes to my mind when I think about this novel is realistic. Because that's what it is. It's not one of those fluffy and cliche romance novels where a girl falls in love with a hot guy and blah blah blah, the end. And it's not one of those totally dramatic ones where I can't keep up with anything.

This is different. The situations
Samantha Julmisse
Sometimes it's hard to continue a series. The magic runs out after book 1 and the series isn't really going anywhere but they're trying to make it work. Like making more movies in a series cuz it did so good, seems like a good idea but you probably shouldn't had done it. This is most definitely NOT the case with this sequel. All my favorite characters are back and causing more mayhem while they're growing up and changing. Things fall apart, put back together, the tape wears down and things fall ...more
Mandi
Jul 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole
Jan 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
CAN I JUST TAKE A MOMENT HERE.

SOMEBODY BUY ME A TOPHER BROOKS<3

okay done. So basically I'vebeen waiting for this book for a looooong time. I've tweeted Nikki about it MULTIPLE times over the past couple months, and I'm pretty sure at one point I bothered her a lot. but it's totally okay cause that's what I do best!

Anywho, I stayed up til I finished reading this and lemme just say THE FEELS!
Vin's a dick btw. Topher is my fave, AJ is just amazing, and Haley's relationship with all of Cresent B
Beighley Thornock
Tiffany
Jun 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I love books that can make me have a wide variety of feelings. I especially love a book where I can dislike a character, have another character make me giggle like a schoolgirl and most of all I love it when a book makes me root with all my heart for a character.

This book has so much to offer and it was a great read.
Lindsey Troxtel
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved the first book in this series and could not wait until Rough Waters came out. It did not disappoint, the only downside to the book is that I finished it so quickly and now I have to wait on the next book in the series.
Ashlee Johnson
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book the changes and showing just how much can happen in a few month was amazing, I loved that you still had those friendships to fall back on though...
Liliana
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect

I can't wait to read the next book, it's so perfect and it keeps you reading I love it and I can't wait for the next book.
Lulub
Jan 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG !! I need the next book fast before the Fangirl kicks in and I search for it everyday!!
Cheese Fries
Jul 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Give me more Topher!
Camille
Jul 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Definitely enjoyed this one! It was one crazy adventure, and I'm glad Ms. Nikki did what she did to the characters in this one. Can't wait for Always Summer!!
Namina
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really love this book. Read it in one night.
Ashley Tomlinson
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect book to put me in the summer mood. All of the surfing goodness makes me want to go jump in the ocean and go for a swim and that never happens. I mean, have you ever seen Shark Week? No thank you. Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and everything it had to offer. There was one thing that I didn't like but I'll get into that later.

All of the Drenaline surf group and Hooligans are back with Haley, of course. She's back after being gone for a year to finish her school. She's bac
Ines
So.. I wasn't the biggest fan of the first book but I wanted to know where the story would go. And I definitely didn't expect this.
While CFD was a summery beach romance that evoked just those feelings you would expect from such a book, Rough Waters delivers the exact opposite. Maybe the titel should have warned me.
RW was one big spiral of angry and sad for me. It really felt as if all of the characters did an 180 after the first book, .. also Haileys POV on some of the characters did change that
Sam a.k.a Rory
I enjoyed my reading :). It was really entertaining and hard to put down! I'm not sure how I feel about Haley though, I wish she'd communicate more clearly and be more proactive. The way Vin evolves made me truly sad; I still can't really believe he would act like he did. The romance is less present in this volume, which is not bad. I didn't get butterflies from the few romantic scenes either -- I guess I will have to see how it goes in book 3.
Pene Henson
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Engaging and fun, I loved Godwin's characters and the comfort of their odd little found family at the surf club.
Dena
Jun 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the drama again and enjoyed each and every character
Lyndsey
A great Summer read! Loved the characters. I don't follow surfers but this was interesting to read regardless of that. It kind of made me want to get more informed of the surf world.
Yvonne (The Shadow Realm)
Also posted on: The Shadow Realm

I didn't think this series could get any better because I absolutely adored the first book. But boy was I wrong. This was an amazing sequel! I devoured this book in no time, I just couldn't put it down!

A year has passed, Haley has graduated high school and we are back on the west coast to live out our forever with our new friends. But things don't always go as planned and we suddenly find everything and everyone starting to unravel. Haley quickly realizes that a l
Michelle
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
My Review:
I’m going back to Crescent Cove…. I couldn’t wait to hang with these guys again.

Haley is back in Crescent cove after a year away this time she is planning to stay a lot long but soon she needs to do a bit of damage control. It seems Colby Taylor’s parents have found him and things are about to change. Chasing forever down just hit some Rough Waters (see what I did) :)

Once again Nikki has written a group of characters that I really would love to hang with in real life. Seeing the old
Ginna Moran
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Rough Waters and getting to go back to my favorite beach town, Crescent Cove, to hang out with a group of characters I wish were real. Nikki Godwin does such an excellent job with character development, and I enjoyed how real the relationships—the good and bad—felt between the characters. My favorite interactions were between Haley and her roommates, and I have to warn you, if you read late at night, be careful because my laughter nearly woke up the neighborhood. I also did some yelling ...more
Jessica
3-3.5 stars. Oh this will be hard. I enjoyed this read but there were some parts that didn't sit well with me as well. I will start with the things I really liked. The guys. Still. The group if surfers is just adorable and so lovable. It was nice getting closer to them. Colby, Topher, AJ, Reed, yeah I really love them all. The setting. The surfer world is alluring and attractive. The lifestyle kind of utopic to me and I like how it takes such a big place in this series. But...there was one story ...more
Jess
Nov 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first Drenaline Surf book. I wanted to love this one but I mostly didn't...which is not to say that it didn't have awesome moments. It definitely did. I think my main problem was that the second book focused a LOT on Topher and I wanted to see more of the other characters as well. My other problem was that the ending wasn't really an ending. The book just kind of stopped. I think I would rather have waited and received a more complete book at the end (and, trust me, I HATED waiting f ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Publication Date? 2 16 Jun 17, 2014 08:26AM
  • Mutilate My Heart (Mutilated, #1)
  • Ashborne (The Ashborne Saga #1)
  • Stepbrother Alpha's Baby 4
  • Captivate Me (Captivated, #1)
  • Unforgiven (The Unseen Trilogy #2)
  • The Wedding: One Night with the Prince: A Bonus Chapter
  • Sparrows for Free (Sparrows, #1)
  • Daughter of the Goddess
  • One Wild Night (Wild Rush, #0.5)
  • Everwild (The Healer #1)
  • Crossing the Line (World Apart, 1)
  • VIP (Rock & Release, Act #1)
  • Destroyed (The Thorn Chronicles, #2)
  • Understudy
  • Phantom Summer
  • Runaway (Element Preservers, #2)
  • Reluctantly Lycan (Dakota Wolves, #1)
  • We Won't Feel a Thing
Nikki Godwin is a YA author. Her books are usually about surfers, musicians, or M/M romances. She can't live without Mountain Dew, black eyeliner, and music by Hawthorne Heights. When not writing, she internet-stalks her favorite bands and keeps tabs on surf competitions. Her favorite surfer is Gabriel Medina. If you ever get her started on surfing or music, she'll never shut up. You've been warne ...more

Drenaline Surf (4 books)
  • Chasing Forever Down (Drenaline Surf, #1)
  • Always Summer (Drenaline Surf, #3)
  • With You Around (Drenaline Surf, #4)