Start by marking “Moondust Lake (Miramar Bay, #3)” as Want to Read:
Moondust Lake (Miramar Bay, #3)

Moondust Lake

(Miramar Bay #3)

From the internationally bestselling author of Firefly Cove comes a powerful novel of healing old wounds, surprising second chances, and letting the heart lead the way . . .

What to do with a life where everything he’s worked for is shattered?

A top executive in the family business, Buddy Helms lives and works under the thumb of his powerful father. He’s proved himself time
Published December 25th 2018 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Moondust Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moondust Lake

Kathleen Gray
Dec 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Buddy Helms has finally decided to seek help in dealing with his demons- most of which relate to his difficult relationship with his father. Jack Helms is more than a difficult man and his actions and words have laid waste to his relationships not only with Buddy but also with his wife Beth and daughter Carey. Kimberly Sturgis is the therapist who helps Buddy and his mom to unwrap their issues and move into the light. It's not really the third in a series but rather the third in a group of books ...more
Melissa
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
I didn't like this book as much as the first two in the series. I found the entire thing quite disjointed and never connected with any of the characters.
I appreciated the themes of forgiveness and needing to come to terms with what happens in the past in order to move forward to a positive future. Each of the characters completes this journey and it is meaningful. However, Jack is the antagonist and is portrayed as a villain, and most of his scenes don't even appear on the page, and those that a
Kathy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Moondust Lake by Davis Bunn is an engaging novel of healing and love. Although this newest release is the third installment in the Miramar Bay series, it can be read as a standalone.

Buddy Helms has finally worked up the courage to leave his family owned company. Patriarch Jack Helms runs the company yet he refuses to acknowledge his son's accomplishments. At the same time that Buddy is moving on, his mother Beth makes the shocking decision to leave his father.  Beth is hoping her departure will
Amy
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Moondust Lake is the third installment from Davis Bunn's Miramar Bay series. I enjoyed the book and give it three and a half stars.
Christine
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
This wasn't nearly as good as the other 2. I felt like there were a few chapters missing...character development and the part that actually happened at Moondust lake.
DR
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is quite different from other Davis Bunn books - & I have read a lot of them.... For me it was quite difficult to get ‘in’ to the story, but as it progressed I became more & more gripped.
Most people have encountered a bully at some stage, whether it be within the family, at school, at work – but hopefully not to the degree of this one. A lot of us have also experienced some form of counselling, so one way or another there is much in this book for readers to identify with. We can b
Kevin
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed MOONDUST LAKE, the third book in the Miramar Bay series, though the connection to the series is tenuous at best (readers get a brief scene at Castaways in Miramar Bay). Also tenuous at best is the title of the book, a location where a couple scenes in the book took place, but those scenes could have taken place anywhere.

And then there's the speed that events happened. The Helms family, minus father and oldest daughter, enter therapy and a week later the source of the need for therapy i
Nancy
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gvl-pl-new
This is the third in a series but each book can stand alone and it seems only the CA
geography is the shared component (learned via written reviews).
Stumbled on this as a new book in our local library.. having read this author before and liked him ..I borrowed it.
Very interesting and different from the other books of his that I have read..this is about a prodigal father and his family.
Topics: Dysfunctional family, family counselors, hospice care.
Buddy and Kimberly romance.
Book discussion q
Doug Yonce
Dec 10, 2018 rated it liked it
I chose to read this book because I have been a fan of the author for years. But I forgot that the author is so versatile, and this book wasn’t as interesting to me. I prefer his thrillers and adventures which teach spiritual values more than the stories like this. That said, it was very well written with excellent character development, and I was able to follow easily despite the fact that I hadn’t read earlier books in the series. I received an advanced digital copy through #NetGalley in excha ...more
Mary Phillips
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Outstanding book but so!e of the stories needed to be developed a !little more the growth of the love affair

Between Buddy and Kimberly. Buddy's nearly instant rehab at Moondust lake. The closing scenes were a little cluttered.
Really love the morality of the main actors. Scenes described well and kept me in the story. The overall
Story was good and I. Hope my critique is not viewed as harsh.
Paula Pugh
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow! This is some novel filled with great writing and a tense storyline. It has a family teetering toward total and utter destruction. There is a son intent on capturing his demons and put things right. There is the wife and mother trying desperately to find what remains of the love her husband once held for his family. It is a rugged journey for every character to find peace.
Becky Tatar
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I like the book, but I just felt that it needed some good editing. I felt like I was reading an early draft. The flow of the writing was not very good. Good story, and all that, but just not as well put together as it could have been.
Lucinda Vinoski
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Fair Christian story with a common plot of family squabbles.
Charline Romine
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting.

Another perfect story that one can learn the lesson of life from. A depth of conscience to help realign ones own life. Well done, Davis Bunn.
Barbara
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Davis Bunn is a favorite author, but I prefer his other genres. A fast read, but way too much melodrama in a compressed format.
Anna Kelly
Dec 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Too many characters to follow v
Elaine Atkins
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read this book in two days. It is an excellent story and the author does a great job keeping you interested in the story! I enjoyed it!
Adpa
Wendi Shipe
Jan 14, 2019
JoAnn
Dec 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Moondust Lake is a beautifully written inspirational romance. I throughly enjoyed the plot and the author’s writing. Will definitely be reading more of this author’s books. I received an arc from Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Shondra
Dec 28, 2018
Melva
Jan 06, 2019
Lake Wales Public...: December 2018 New Titles 1 3 Dec 03, 2018 12:25PM
Davis Bunn is an internationally-acclaimed author who has sold more than seven million books in twenty languages.

Honored with four Christy Awards for excellence in historical and suspense fiction, Davis was inducted into the Christy Hall of Fame in 2014.

His bestsellers include The Great Divide, Winner Take All, The Meeting Place, The Book of Hours, and The Quilt. A sought-after lecturer in the a

Miramar Bay (3 books)
  • Miramar Bay (Miramar Bay #1)
  • Firefly Cove (Miramar Bay #2)