Start by marking “Cats, Cats, Cats!” as Want to Read:
Cats, Cats, Cats!

Cats, Cats, Cats!

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  93 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
In a big house on the edge of town live Mrs. Brown and all of her cats. All day long they lie around and nap while Mrs. Brown does her chores. But as soon as Mrs. Brown pets each cat on the head and goes upstairs to bed...it's party time!
Published March 1st 2004 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Cats, Cats, Cats!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats, Cats, Cats!

Bentley&Lou
May 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
Another birthday present for Katie. The pictures are really pretty watercolors and really pretty funny too. Actually they're super funny pictures the more you look at them. It defines a real cat lady from just a lady with cats since she doesn't get mad when they make a huge mess.
Dolly
Feb 12, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, pets, rhyming, 2014
This is a humorous, rhyming tale about a lady who owns a lot of cats. As I began logging it here on Goodreads, I discovered that Lesléa Newman had also written Dogs, Dogs, Dogs! and Pigs, Pigs, Pigs!, so I thought we'd borrow them from the library as well.

The story is entertaining and fun to read aloud and we loved the antics of the cats. The cat lady is funny, but unfortunately we know a few people who ended up with far too many pets than they can handle, which makes this story a bit sad to me
Amy Rae
Nov 24, 2014 rated it liked it
If you love cats, you'll understand the appeal of this book immediately. If you don't, it might not be quite such a joy to read. For those of us who wouldn't mind being neck-deep in kitties, it's a silly paean to cats, cats, cats.

I'm not the hugest fan of the illustrations--while the piles of cats tickle my fancy, the way Mrs. Brown is rendered doesn't--but they aren't terrible.
Vesra (When She Reads)
A cute little story about an old woman name Mrs. Brown, who has a house full of cats, and how she copes with a houseful of them. Pretty cute book for kids. love the illustration the best

Josiah
Aug 30, 2009 rated it did not like it
This picture book offers rhymes that flow to virtual perfection, and a fun story about a woman and her "family" of cats that should be fun for many readers. The most humorous scene, in my view, is when the woman sweeps up all the cats with her dustpan.
Shonna Froebel
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute story with very good illustrations.
Rachel
Sep 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is cat-tacular!
Beth
Sep 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kiddie-lit
A cute, harmless little book about a cat lady, and how her cats party all night while she's asleep.
Beck
Jun 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
Cute poem and pics about a crazy cat lady.
Melle
Nov 18, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hoarders
Cat hoarding at its cutest and most lyrical. Dreamy soft watercolors, musical rhyming, and a sweet, if not very memorable, story.
Melinda
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
Lots of cats, cute and rhyming story, and a 100% pro–cat lady message. Would read again.
Brendan Howard
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-zahara
Something about this story that smiles on a cat lady made me very happy about being in the veterinary industry.
Marcia
Jan 09, 2014 rated it liked it
A crazy cat woman is glorified in this pretty rhyming book. The water color illustrations are very nice. Humour and warmth make this a nice choice for the very young.
l.
Jul 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My future.
kelly
Jun 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My 3-year old really liked this one. Not only does the old lady have lots and lots of cats, but she cherishes them them all and is amused by thier crazy night-life.
Mary
May 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: storytime-books
Great for kitty storytime!
Veronica Ika
Jan 12, 2016
♥ Susan
Feb 25, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lesléa Newman (born 1955, Brooklyn, NY) is the author of over 50 books including Heather Has Two Mommies, A Letter To Harvey Milk, Writing From The Heart, In Every Laugh a Tear, The Femme Mystique, Still Life with Buddy, Fat Chance and Out of the Closet and Nothing to Wear.
She has received many literary awards including Poetry Fellowships from the Massachusetts Artists Fellowship Foundation and th
More about Lesléa Newman...