Start by marking “Following” as Want to Read:

Alden thinks he witnessed a murder, but when the dead girl turns up alive, he must figure out the truth in this chilling novel

Alden likes to follow people. He's not trying to be a creep, he just wants to be an investigator some day, and it's good practice.

But spying on people comes with risks...like seeing popular Greg Matthews seemingly murder his girlfriend, Amy, behind
Published February 5th 2019 by Sourcebooks Fire

To ask other readers questions about Following, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Following

Nikki
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs
I really liked the twists in this, but there were elements that made the overall story not work as well as I’d have liked.

Alden is slightly creepy, but I actually really liked his backstory and reasoning for training himself up as an investigator. He’s also a good kid trying to do the right thing. However, he is definitely too hooked on “proving it fully” and that’s a little frustrating to read.

I liked Charlie less, as she flip flops over supporting Alden, being doubtful of him, and just plain
Jerico
Review and some reactions to be posted soon together with the book summary. Finished this months ago. Only have had the chance to update my profile very recently and indeed will be back real soon.

P.S. Just to give you a glimpse why I gave this book just exactly 3 stars, its storyline seemed predictable and quite tedious to me. Although it made me wonder what would happen next (for the slightest bit), I hadn't given much thought to the idea that it would somehow make me throw things around that
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Meg Kimball
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm appalled by the sloppy writing I found inside this book. There were typos and varied grammatical errors. I'm not sure whether to blame the author or his publisher, but it read like a self-published book.

Some of the errors I found:

* One sentence had a space between the last word and the period.
* "Try and." As in, "I'll try and get it done today." It should be try to. Otherwise, you're both trying and doing whatever.
* Awkward, clumsy writing. Here's a sentence: Within seconds there were pe
Darlene
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A riveting and entertaining page turner for YA mystery lovers. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and guessing until the last page. And just when you think you have it figured out, you may be in for a surprise.
Karla
Apr 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Alecia
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book and like almost every book the kids parents are dead. The end is happy the book has one big major twist in which...(stop if you haven't finished this book)... you find out amy wasn't ever on his side and Greg actually helps him when he says that Greg didn't kill Alysia or whatever her name was so he stalls long enough for the cops to come. When I read the back and it says "Alden likes to follow people" The first thing I thought was he is a weirdo. Also when I looked at the ti ...more
Ashley
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. The characters felt like realistic high schoolers and it was a fast-paced, quick read. I loved knowing one of the twists ahead of time because I knew more than the characters, but I still had to find out how the twist worked just like they did. There were just enough hints that you could solve the mystery a step or two ahead of Alden, but there was no way to know 100% for sure you were right until he confirmed it. I loved that Alden and Charlie fought without actually fighting, ...more
John Clark
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alden's behavior and mindset skirt just shy of really annoying for most of the story, saved by his perseverance and the realities that drive his behavior. Once you get used to that, it's a pretty decent mystery.
Boeds
May 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was led astray. What a silly, ridiculous book with shallow (and stupid) characters. Booooo.
Lori Greene
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Was a bit.confusing in parts but overall very good
Susan
mik
Apr 09, 2019
Mandie
Feb 25, 2019 marked it as gave-up
I received a copy of this from Edelweiss+ in exchange for an honest review.

Unfortunately, I just couldn't get into this one. The language just wasn't engaging, and I really didn't care whether he really saw what he THINKS he saw or not.

I admit that I didn't make it too far into this book, but the writing style just really isn't for me.
Anita