Start by marking “The Jade Rebellion (The Jade Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Jade Rebellion (The Jade Chronicles, #1)

The Jade Rebellion

(The Jade Chronicles #1)

​​Crystal City glistens with diamonds, but its dazzling beauty comes at a deadly price. The capital of Khalendar thrives on a steady supply of gemstones from the neighboring Barrens, a colony of the Empire. Walter Saltanetska translates AI code for the Khalendar government, helping to
Published April 22nd 2018 by Willow Lane Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Jade Rebellion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jade Rebellion

Start your review of The Jade Rebellion (The Jade Chronicles, #1)
Tonja Drecker
Jul 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Science fiction with AI, magic, and all of that mixed into a rebellion...this one was a definite 'read-me-please'.

AI Masters have taken over, leaving humans to exist either on the pitiful side of society or under constant, close watch in the sparkling city. Walter has a special knack for coding and has earned the right to work in a good job. But when his own mistake has the girl he likes captured and placed on a ship to an island, which, according to rumor, is barely better than a prison, he's d
Siobhan
Feb 21, 2019 rated it liked it
I love magic and I love science fiction, so it’s no surprise to find I was eager to dive into The Jade Rebellion. With a world that offers us both artificial intelligence and magic, I was desperate to see how things would play out.

The Jade Rebellion is set in an interesting universe, one that certainly pulled me in. It merges science fiction and fantasy in a wonderful way, creating one of those rare situations where you can clearly see the influences of both. Individually, the two aspects are we
Jenna Rideout
Jul 13, 2021 rated it really liked it
I was granted complimentary access to The Jade Rebellion as part of my participation in a blog tour for this title with Lola's Blog Tours. Thank you to all involved in affording me this opportunity! My thoughts are my own and my review is honest.

I jumped at the chance to review these books when they came up with Lola's because I was interested in book two when it was on NetGalley recently but realized the books needed to be read in order. What luck that this tour was offering both!

This is a fa
J. d'Merricksson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
‘A reckoning. A rebellion. The worlds of artificial intelligence and ancient magic collide.

​ ​Crystal City glistens with diamonds, but its dazzling beauty comes at a deadly price. The capital of Khalendar thrives on a steady supply of gemstones from the neighboring Barrens, a colony of the Empire. Walter Saltanetska translates AI code for the Khalendar government, helping to breathe life into the ambitious vision of the AI Masters. When Walter discovers a terrible secret which could destroy the
Rebecca (Rebecca's Reviews)
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Find my full review at:

This book is like nothing I have ever read before. To say that Science Fiction isn't my favourite genre would be a complete understatement but with a mix of magic I just had to give it a go and I was totally out of element.
Mai
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: scifi
I haven't read anything by this author before, but I certainly will - a promising new voice in scifi. An interesting main character, a compelling story - I liked and enjoyed it.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley, thank you! All opinions are my own.
Giuseppe Rossi
Shruti
Feb 23, 2019
Jodi Hassel
Feb 23, 2019

• Clarissa (Lost Tales Of Solace #3)
  • Strange Gods
  • Spiral
  • The Clockmaker's Tale: and other stories
  • Antithesis: A Collection of Science Fiction and Other Short Stories
  • Fairies and Frosting (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum, #7)
  • Ruabon (Lost Tales Of Solace #4)
  • Into Neon (A Cyberpunk Saga #1)
  • The Dead and the Dark
  • Sairō's Claw (Gensokai Kagai, #1)
  • The Legend of Hobart
  • Blazewrath Games (Blazewrath Games, #1)
  • The Conjuring of Zoth-Avarex: The Self-Proclaimed Greatest Dragon in the Multiverse
  • Breaking the Lore (Inspector Paris Mystery, #1)
  • Dancing in Thatha's Footsteps
  • Maxed Out (The Owl's Nest Mysteries Book 2)
  • Battle of the Bullies
  • The Red Fence
Alanna Mackenzie was born in Toronto, Ontario and now lives in Vancouver, B.C. with her husband and ginger tabby cat. She is passionate about social justice, environmental issues, writing, and exploring the ethical questions raised by technology and artificial intelligence.

The Jade Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Jade Talisman  (The Jade Chronicles, #2)

News & Interviews

With more than 5.7 million votes cast and counted, the 14th Annual Goodreads Choice Awards are now official. Launched in 2009,...