Start by marking “Shenanigans (Shenanigans, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shenanigans (Shenanigans, #1)

Shenanigans

(Shenanigans #1)

Kandi Cain inherited her Dr. Doolittle abilities from her grandmother and became a psychic pet detective. To her dismay, she just acquired the power to communicate with the spirit world, but dead people give her the willies.

Just when Kandi thought her life couldn’t get more complicated, the neighbor from hell moved in next door. The nasty guy’s name is Dutch Callaghan. Ho
Published April 27th 2018 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Shenanigans, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shenanigans

Samantha K
****Warning!!! Do not read this while drinking anything or you’re likely to spew your drink all over your Kindle!****

I loved this book! It was light hearted, silly and OTT ridiculous but oh so entertaining!

The H was a tall, seriously sexy police detective. He was also apparently an ass to the h but that happened prior to the beginning of the book. Unfortunately, we (the reader) don’t experience their first meeting. I wish we did as I can only imagine how entertaining it would’ve been.

The h was
Romance Novel Giveaways Lauren Seiberling
Looking for a fun adventure?

I've read several of Gail's books, and they all have just such a fun tone to them.

Don't get me wrong, these aren't carefree-froo-froo books. Nope. Gail clearly brings her experience as a 911 operator into her stories with enough action and graphic details to have you doing a double-take, especially in this story!

This book had me laughing out loud at one sentence and gasping in shock at the next. The Happy For Now ending left the book open for Book 2, and I can't wait
Betty
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shenanigans by Gail Koger

Absolutely hilarious dialogue that Gail is so wonderful for creating my one and only complaint is that it just seemed to come to an abruptly quick ending even though it's a will be continued story. Still wouldn't have missed reading this cuz it's gonna keep you smiling 😃 I RECOMMEND READING THIS!!!

Treena
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
That was fun but it was too short! When is book 2 coming out?
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
omg so funny....book needed editing...was all over the place...but i loved it...left a smile on my face :))
Sophia
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
A psychic pet detective is all about saving the animals and causing a certain arrogant, cocky homicide detective grief. Shenanigans is zany, sexy, and a rollicking good time on the streets of Phoenix.

Kandi Cain (oh yes, she's heard it before) had an unconventional childhood to say the least. Daughter of a woman obsessed with Christmas and a man who was once a mob enforcer, blessed with the psychic gift that allows her to understand, control, and speak to animals. Kandi naturally skipped out of h
sandi l grissom
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lmao....Gail Koger

This book is truly one of the funniest books I have ever read. The action is fast paced and the humor is one of a kind. Gail Lover has a true gift for writing. I have enjoyed her writing, and she is on my automatic but list.
Mari (Smut Duchess)
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Typical Gail Koger book. Psychic pet detective vs. real detective. Lots of silly, absurd fun. Can't wait for the next book.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review
Funny and witty, Kandi Cain will bring a smile to a reader's face. Kandi's unfortunate first name is courtesy of her Christmas obsessed mother. Who names their child a stripper name? Luckily for Kandi, she is able to follow in her grandmother's footsteps and develop her psychic ability… talking to animals. When Kandi's latest client for her pet detective business asks her to find a beloved Yorkie, Kandi knows it will be a problem. Her client bought a gun and nearly shoots Kandi by accident. Thi
Renee
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shenanigans is fast paced, hysterically funny and full of twists and turns. Kandi's control of and use of critters is nothing short of hilarious. The scenes of her talking with Tinkerbell are just genus. The Shenanigans she gets up to are pure fun. Her mother is a kook and her father is downright scary, but they love her and will do anything to protect her. She and Dutch started off as antagonists, but are starting to fall for each other. The byplay between them is funny and a budding romance is ...more
Gskm
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So funny

Love this author. When I saw the notice on the release, I got the book. And stayed up till wee hrs reading, laughing, enjoying, reading. This is about a physic pet detective (that is not the funny part) and the mayhem that ensues as she seeks to find missing pets (that’s not the funny part) all while dodging the ever so sexy detective neighbor. Her friends, her Ex mafia enforcer dad, her Christmas loving mom, her mortician friend, dressing up in costumes, getting animals to do weird stuf
Alyssia McGee
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow hold on to your leashes!

This story is action packed and funny! I loved it. Busting a illegal fighting ring. A ninja nun! This girl’s friends and family will keep you in stitches! She rescues animals and finds lost pets. Her Dr Dolittle abilities keep her jumping. Now she can talk to the dead. The hot jerk neighbor is a cop and makes life real interesting! She kick his butt in a nuns habit. He turns out to be crazy about her. Oh can’t forget Tinkerbell! She a yorkie that Kandie was hired to f
Dee
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fast, funny, and worth every minute of reading!

Saw Shenanigans on Twitter and thought it sounded really cute. It is!! Cute and fun and a little bit sexy (go, Dutch!) and kind of wonderful. The cover is a bit disconnected. It's serious looking and the book isn't. Well, except when pet psychic Kandi Cain is being shot at. Or when Dutch threatens to arrest her. Or when El Muerte the cage fighter asks Kandi if she wants to die. But other than those times, nope, not serious at all. Maybe you have to
ERNESTO VERGER
Apr 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shenanigans

Enjoyed the banter between characters. Thought Dutch was written as a jerk worked with his characters’ situation. Kandi was a cool character and felt she could of made Dutch work harder for her affection after saying those callous words when they first met. Overall enjoyed reading it. Great job Gail. I’m a true fan and it gets really hard to wait for your next book.
Liza O'Connor
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gail Koger does it once again. What exactly does she do? She writes wacky, bizarre, funny, delightful, craziness with fabulous characters that you’ve never seen before. Stories so good that you’ll want to read them many times.

Shenanigans is a superb addition to her playful madness.
This book is not sci-fi. Instead, it is a paranormal earth story that I absolutely adore. Honestly, it’s my favorite so far. And there is a book 2 coming. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

Shenanigans is about a young, smart-ass woman
SandraBarg
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Funny Insta Love Story

First, I love books with quirky animal storylines, so this did it for me. I did not realize it had a cliffhanger, and I would have to keep buying more books to see how the story ends. I thought it was very good, so I will get the next installment when it comes out. I recommend this book!
jeanie mummel
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Don't let the chickens out!

This was way to short but it was so very funny! Sadly it ended when I felt it was barely started but even though short it was leaving me giggling enough that my husband was having me read short little blurbs that I found so very funny. Ms. Kroger has again wrote a delightful story that was original and left you wanting more.
Brandie Teagle
Apr 29, 2018 rated it liked it
its a cute story but unfinished.

i love this author, she is funny, spunky, and its never possible to read one of her books without cracking a smile, or laughing outright. This book as well. But, this book cuts off before you get a sense of the characters, and it is not worth the 2.99. I was very disappointed.
Julia
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

It was so funny kandi's mum was so weird but funny with her Christmas obsession and permanently dressed as an elf. The things kandi gets up to the ninja nun I just love tinkerbell and her sidekick Jana. Wonderful story funny great characters and catch lines and shitting pigeons. Can't wait for the next instalment of the series great work Gail
llv
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rating: 4 stars

This book was very similar to the Coletti Warlords series but in a contemporary setting. Despite the fact that it took a long time to warm up to Dutch, I really liked this book. There was very little romance in it but I liked that as it gave the book a more realistic feel. (At least as realistic as a book about a psychic pet detective can get.) Word of warning the story is left unfinished. It doesn't really end in a cliffhanger but there are many dangling plot threads.
Erika
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Funny

I really liked this book. It was very entertaining to me, it made me laugh. The only thing I didn’t like and why I gave it 4 stars is because I felt like it ended in the middle of the book.
Kathleen Lowery
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful!!

I loved,loved,loved this book, I am in love with Dutch and tinker bell haha and Kandi the psychic /New medium is a perfectly able to handle bad guys,good guys and those someplace in the middle, a great read and looking forward to more shenanigans please!
Macleisha
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

This was super funny. I loved all the characters. Got to work on the romance a little. A tender moment or two between the protagonists would have been stellar. I’m looking forward to the second one!
Michelle
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
😂😂😂

What a funny and brilliant book loved every minute😂(which I read in one sitting) Can't wait to see what Kandi does next and looking forward to see how Samson character developes
Smittie
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Fun

I really enjoyed this book. It made me laugh out loud. The story was interesting and great characters. There isn't a cliffhanger though it definitely leaves you wanting more. Highly recommended it. 🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕 Rating.
Wendy Dinwiddie
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this zaney, wacky book. It has lots of alpha male, crazy friends and family. My only complaint is that is was way too short, more like a novella, though I hear there is a book 2 in the
Stacy A
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So funny

OMG This book is so funny. I couldn't stop laughing. Great characters and great writing. Can't wait for the next one!!
Chris
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Wow!! Just loved this story can’t wait for book 2, it had me from beginning to end, has great humor!!! Very hard to put down. A+++ and then some❤❤
Kathy Aronoff
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A funny short romp featuring Kandi Cane, think female Dr Doolittle meets female Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Kandi has the ability to communicate with animals and sees dead people, which brings her to Det Callaghan. There's an insta-luv element to the story -however it's book one and the Det & Kandi will no doubt have more adventures together. Tinkerbell was the star of this story for me.
Elizabeth Sandick
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seriously funny

This book was absolutely hilarious I had to re read certain parts because I missed them because I was laughing so much can’t wait for the next one well done Gail

• Storm Front (Security Specialists International, #2.5)
  • Big Bad Bite Returned (Big Bad Bite, #2.5)
  • Heroes Live Forever
  • Stellar Proportions (Cosmic Soul Mates, #1)
  • Rhapsody and Rebellion (Enduring Legacy #7)
  • Persephane Pendrake and the Cimaruta
  • Ruthless (Nomad Outlaws Trilogy, #1)
  • Love Unexpected (The Saunders Family Saga #1)
  • Hard Drive: A Bad Boy Billionaire Romance (Tech Titans Book 1)
  • Take a Chance on Me (MyHeartChannel Romance)
  • The Songs of You and Me
  • Honeybear Halloween (Bearfield #3)
  • The Lust Boat (Lothario, #1)
  • Dreamer (The Kali Lockton Trilogy, #1)
  • Burned Bridges (The Crossing #1)
  • Wild Prince (Takhini Shifters, #4)
  • Controlling the Elements (The Manipulator Series #1)
  • Kaleidoscope (The Vision Chronicles, Book 1)
I was a 9-1-1 dispatcher for thirty-one years and to keep insanity at bay, I took up writing. Not to worry. The insanity isn’t catching – much. Other than the addiction to chocolate and the twitch in my left eye, I’m good. My current project is THE TROUBLE WITH TIGERS.. A LOL romp.

WOOT!! I was just informed Sassing Saul and The Trouble With Tigers are on the list for most anticipated new books in

Shenanigans (2 books)
  • The Trouble with Tigers (Shenanigans, #2)