Start by marking “Beneath the Earth” as Want to Read:
Beneath the Earth

Beneath the Earth

Laura and her classmates have been looking forward to their senior camping trip for weeks. Three days on an island paradise, away from school and their parents. What more could they ask for?

The camping trip starts out well enough. The island is scenic and just the kind of escape to nature that Laura had hoped for. However, cracks soon begin to appear in her plans. Her boy
Published May 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Earth

Start your review of Beneath the Earth
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
Beneath the Earth review banner

4 Stars
Arc Book Review
Release Date-10/5/18

"Beneath The Earth" is a YA Novel that totally surprised me.
I was extremely interested in the overall premise here so decided to give this a stab.
Well, it managed to hold my attention no problem whatsoever and I read this in one continuous sitting.
This is not an incredibly complicated story but it really didn't need to be.
The onward momentum of the action here easily managed to drive this along in terms of retaining my focus and I was pleasantly enterta
Empress Reece (Hooked on Books)
I picked this out on a whim but I'm glad I did. It's one of those hidden gems and way better then what I was expecting.

It's about an overnight camping trip that turns disastrous for a group of senior high school students when one of their friends goes missing when he's literally pulled beneath the ground. And that's just the beginning of their trip from hell...

The story is geared for teens and young adults but the teen characters are not overly obnoxious like in some books I've read so it can b
Anna Maria
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2018
I didn't hate this book by any means, I actually enjoyed many parts but there were others that frustrated me. Firstly, this is supposedly a horror story. Yes, it's YA but still horror, since there is a monster threatening to devour anyone who comes close. The reaction of the characters in this terrible situation is all over the place, to say the least.

Everyone's life is in danger and nobody knows if they're going to make it from the island alive and what does the main character think during all
Danielle Fisher
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This script was given to me free of charge in return for an honest review.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when I first opened Beneath the Earth. I love YA and was interested in a storyline I never really explored before in the genre. While the concept of monsters is interesting, I was afraid it would distract me from enjoying the plot. I was so pleasantly surprised. Stone is a great story teller and did a great job pulling me into the characters. While the protagonist could use more d
Liv
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Allow me to begin this review by saying that I loved Beneath The Earth. Having read All That Remains Of Me (another fantastic novel by H.S. Stone) I held a fairly high bar where Stone's writing is concerned before I even considered reading Beneath The Earth. So, I wasn't surprised when I found myself binge reading the book in my spare time and being whisked into a fictional land of monsters and drama. I was surprised however, when I finished the book and found myself less than thrilled with the ...more
Joanna
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
*A free ebook version was given in return for an honest review.*

A fast-paced story that surpassed all my expectations.

I expected a Young Adult book, something twisted and a story-line that was predictable. Instead, it was like a rollercoaster - you think that all is going well and the next moment you're heading towards an unexpected drop. One moment you think that Laura and her friends are having a good time, the next moment everyone is screaming and running for their lives.

The story was descrip
Nicole Dunton
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book quite a lot. It had a really good vibe and storyline to me. I could have kept reading about the events on the island. In fact, if they had played it right, I could see this turning into a series. It had really great potential. It was enjoyable and a fresh and unique angle. I kind of got a Tremors does YA feel about it.

That being said, I have to admit that there were a few flaws in the story. It could really use a good polish to really give the story it's full potential
 Reading Reindeer 2021 On Proxima Centauri
Review: BENEATH THE EARTH by H. S. Stone

A fast-paced YA creature thriller with excellent characterization, BENEATH THE EARTH stands on a realistic premise: a California earthquake has resulted in a shift in geography and unleashed something previously confined underground. Something is on the isolated lake island: something implacable, and very deadly. As the Pine Hill High Senior class campers discover, there's nowhere to run and nowhere to hide.
Kit Campbell
Caly ☯ Crazy Book Lady
Aug 28, 2018
Johnny
Aug 29, 2018
Shut Up & Read: {Read It & Reap 916} Beneath the Earth by H.S. Stone 8 123 Sep 06, 2018 06:04AM
Even before he could read, H.S. Stone wanted to write a book. Fascinated by the stories that seemed to leap from his kindergarten teacher's books, he went home and wrote his own book, with illustrations and bound by staples. Of course, since he didn't know how to read or write yet, the book was full of gibberish.

Undaunted, H.S. eventually mastered the ABC's and continued to write throughout his gr