Start by marking “The MISSadventure Brides Collection: 7 Daring Damsels Don’t Let the Norms of Their Eras Hold Them Back” as Want to Read:

Love Is One of Life’s Greatest Adventures
Seven daring damsels don’t let the norms of their eras hold them back. Along the way these women attract the attention of men who admire their bravery and determination, but will they let love grow out of the adventures?

Along the Yellowstone River by Debby Lee
1832 Montana
Heather Duncan takes over her father’s fur trapping busines
Published December 1st 2018 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about The MISSadventure Brides Collection, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The MISSadventure Brides Collection

Start your review of The MISSadventure Brides Collection: 7 Daring Damsels Don’t Let the Norms of Their Eras Hold Them Back
MJSH
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review is only for “MissTaken Identity” by Kimberley Woodhouse from this MissAdventure Brides Collection.
This novella is the first of Kimberley Woodhouse’s writing that I have read and I’ll definitely be reading more of her books in the future. Her writing style is easy to follow, the plot is fun and well-paced, and her characters are memorable.
This “mis”-adventurous story brings to life Abigail, aka Chuck, who dresses like a man to travel freely without an escort. She’s a wealthy single
Deanne Patterson
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Seven authors have written novella length stories about women who are ahead of their time thinking wise despite what society thinks of them. They defy the odds whether it's to raise llamas,drive cross country,take over her father's fur trading business or other things these ladies have the progressive thinking thing down pat. I admire women who go outside of the social norm expected of them and they have all my respect. Bravo!
Published December 1st 2018 by Barbour Books
I was given a complimentar
Karen R
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fun collection full of adventure and romance! Arranged chronologically from 1832 to 1936, these unique stories feature some spunky, brave women who breakaway from the societal norms of their time to experience life head on.

Some of the stories are more serious and have some action or a mystery involved, and some have a bit more humor when the heroines get themselves into jams. I enjoyed them all, especially Mary Davis' story of two suffragettes attempting the first cross-country road trip by w
Alysha (For The Love of Christian Fiction)
I have only read “MissTaken Identity” by Kimberly Woodhouse so far, but I will be finishing this collection soon!

My review will be for “MissTaken Identity”.

I really enjoyed this story!
I love the troupe that was used.

The suspense elements were well thought out and executed nicely.

I loved the characters. Abigail was a spit fire and I loved her sarcasm and ready response. Even in the midst of trials she was optimistic.

Both characters made sure God was at the center of their lives and I really enj
Tiffany Marin
Love is one of life's greatest adventures. This anthology chronicles seven daring damsels who don't let the norms of their eras hold them back. Along the way, they each attract the attention of men who admire their bravery and determination. Of these authors the only one I was really familiar with was Kimberley Woodhouse, but I'd heard good things about a few of the others. I enjoyed getting to know their work, as well.

Along the Yellowstone River by Debby Lee: I really liked Heather's strength
Becky
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it

Usually Barbour Publishing will gather the best of the best for their collections. The time era begins in the 1800s and goes to the Great Depression. Some of these novellas do not have the same quality of writing that the others do. Overall, the average would be a four-star book.

One of the "misses" goes fur trapping in light of her father's death. Another raises llamas in spite of her father's
Kailey
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this collection! These stories were so unique! Kimberley Woodhouse’s story was my favorite! It is nice to read a collection about strong women that don’t let social norms hold them back. I think there’s a good message for readers to take away from this book. I would recommend this book for readers of any genre. This made me want to check out these authors and their other books.

*I received a copy of this book from NetGalley. I was not required to post a positive review. These ar
Suzie Waltner
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the many things I love about these novella collections is that when my review schedule is overloaded (as it’s seemed to be these past couple months), I can sit and read on novella in an evening then come back to the next one as I have the time (which is how I am currently going through the Miss Adventure Brides Collection).

These stories are about headstrong women who ignore the social expectations of their era and maybe get themselves in a little bit of trouble.

In Kimberley Woodhouse’s M
Amy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for MissTaken Identity:

In the busyness of life, novellas can be fun stories to sit and read in one sitting to be transported to a different time and place. And when they are written well and pack a punch of excitement and fun-will that is even better. In MissTaken Identity by Kimberley Woodhouse we get a story of course of mistaken identity, but also of comical situations, danger, adventure, and true love.

Abigail Monroe, wealthy and besieged upon by suitors, decides to have an adventure
Phyllis
Nov 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Seven stories of daring women

With authors like Mary Davis and Kimberley Woodhouse, I knew I had to grab this collection. I’m glad I did because I was introduced to some new authors whose works I would like to read more of.

One of my very favorites from the collection is Zola’s Cross-Country Adventure by Mary Davis. At first, I was afraid that it was going to be a little like The Great Race but I should have known better. (Not that I don’t enjoy the movie!) Though the story takes place around the
Sydney
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review for MissTaken Identity by Kimberley Woodhouse

MissTaken Identity by Kimberley Woodhouse is a sweet and funny western that readers will thoroughly enjoy. It’s about wanting to get away from society’s expectations and being on one’s own for some excitement and adventure. This story is filled with one silly and laughable mishap and mix-up after another. And it’s also about finding love where one least expects it. This short story is one that readers of historical and western fiction will deli
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Review of "MissTaken Identity" by Kimberly Woodhouse:

A wealthy and naive young woman gets in over her head when she's on her first solo adventure traveling in disguise as a man. Abigail didn't foresee any trouble notwithstanding the warnings she received, and yet was so incensed when she's exposed to the realities of a man's world in Texas- smelly stagecoach passengers and all ;) I didn't understand why she maintained her facade instead of clearing up the mess from the get-go. She would have hel
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The MissAdventure Brides Collection is a beautiful group of novellas featuring seven women who go above social norm during their time period. Miss Taken Identity by Kimberley Woodhouse is a great read, that you will enjoy. It is story of good character depth, suspense, romance, humor and faith. I love the humor and the banter of the back of forth between the two main characters of Jim and Abigail. I love the conclusion of this story.

I love these novella collections because you get great stories
Linda
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Seven delightful novellas set in chronological order from 1832 to 1936 feature strong women who push against the social mores of their day without being outrageous (or obnoxious) or unbelievable. The story lines are unique and each author has obviously done her research. As I love to have happen, I learned new information in each book. The protagonists were fun and feisty, and their romantic leads strong and swoon-worthy. Messages of faith, forgiveness, second chances, and salvation are effectiv ...more
Cathy Cermele
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I occasionally enjoy collections like this one because you get a full length story and can go onto another one or do other things that need your attention. I also like finding new to me authors which I did in this book.

I was more than interested in this collection as soon as I saw the cover and the authors who contributed to The MISSadventure Brides. I knew it would have sweet stories that would be relaxing and fun to read.

There are bound to be a few favorites when reading a collection like this
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
MISSTAKEN IDENTITY, one of the novellas in this collection, is a story with one sassy woman who's landed herself in a whole lot of trouble, but also into the hands of one handsome Texas Ranger. The humor runs throughout the story, as does a touch of danger and suspense. There are plenty of sparks flying in this one, particularly in regards to the romance. There is also a sweet inspirational element. The ending feels a little rushed, or maybe just jumped to without much transition. An overall, ve ...more
Dani Moore
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
These Seven stories of Strong Women, facing tough circumstances with courage, faith and the hand of God guiding them will warm your heart, brighten your day and provide a small reminder to look for Gods hand even in the darkest of times.
Heather in 1832 When her father dies under suspicious circumstances. By Debby Lee
Abigail in 1883 who takes her eccentric ways a bit too far. By Kimberley Woodhouse.
Leah in 1885 going to teach in Possum Hollow had sounded like an adventure. By Cynthia Hickey
Maddy
Patti Whitson Stephenson She Lives to Read
This has to be one of the best story collections ever! Each story is written by a great author. The ladies in these stories show ingenuity and courage, even when the complex situation they find themselves in was of their own making. There’s some light-hearted laughs throughout these stories as well as some suspenseful moments. Every story was well-written and seemed complete. I never felt as if the endings were rushed. As I write this review, it’s during a holiday season. and I’m finding the len ...more
Emily Yager
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this collection. Full of fun adventures and romance. Some were filled with humor others a bit more mystery.

My favorite one in the collection is MissTaken Identity by Kimberly Woodhouse. Abigail a spitfire and full of sarcasm, who ends up getting arrested by a charming Texas Ranger. That is only the start of her trouble.

A great group of novella's that are well worth the read.
Erin
May 31, 2019 added it
Shelves: westerns, kindle
I read "Riders of the Painted Star" by Kathleen E. Kovach and really enjoyed it! What a fun and distinct setting. 4.5 stars!
Jill
Nov 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
7 Daring Damsels Don’t Let the Norms of Their Eras Hold Them Back by Mary Davis, Cynthia Hickey, Kathleen E. Kovach, Debby Lee, Donna Schlachter, Marjorie Vawter, Kimberley Woodhouse

This compilation of seven historical fiction Christian romance stories is so much fun! I loved the sass and spunk of the main characters in each short story. I have never read most of these authors. However, that is changing immediately.
If I had to pick a favorite story or two, it would be difficult, but I wou
Kim
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewd
These women wanted to show that they could handle themselves with out a man's help. The only problem was that they with God's urging fell in love with the man who was willing to help them be independent. Seven women have the MissAdvetures that will bring them true love when they're not looking for it. Travel through the American west and on these adventures of a lifetime.

Along the Yellowstone River Debby Lee 1832 Wyoming Wilderness
Heather is a very smart woman and has some medical experience. L
Cas H.
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love the novella collections. I like reading short stories that make my heart light. There are 7 stories in this book. Some of the stories I like and some I did not like. That is the beauty of a novella collection. I get to try out new authors without reading a 15 hour long book. I loved that the authors remained true to the time period in which they wrote. My favorite story was Maddy's Llamas by Marjorie Vawter. I hope you read this compilation.
Sunnie
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories, every single one! They were so sweet, some very funny as well. Loved their "Miss"adventures which made the book's title very appropriate. Each of the stories was unique and different.

There were some new authors for me and I found that quite refreshing to read a new writing style.

Very good compilation of stories and a great way to spend my reading time!

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley. All thoughts are my own.
Laura Meyer
Nov 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over all the entire book was enjoyable! I was reading this collection for Kimberley Woodhouse's novella, "The MISSTaken Bride". She did not disappoint! What a sweet, sassy heroine! This was quite a different version of a Texas Ranger finding his lady. A throughly enjoyable story that left me with a smile on my face. "Maddy's Llamas" was an unexpected story that took heartache, & turned into love. If you are looking for an enjoyable collection to unwind with this holiday season, this is one to ge ...more
Marie
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
#AlongtheYellowstoneRiver
This short story was full of adventure and mystery. Heather is a strong female character that makes this story so interesting and enjoyable.
#MissTakenIdentity
What a fantastic little story that kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. The characters were genuine and the story very believable.
#LessonofLoveby
Another sweet story this book delivers. The new teacher is a cute fireball and the school board member is being given a run for his money
Anne
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This collection of novellas was about some spunky girls who know how to work hard and achieve their goals. I really enjoyed this collection of stories. Each story brought a different scenario of how women over time showed bravery, courage, and strength. Although they are all fiction it is inspiring know that women truly did face and overcome similar scenarios.
Lilian
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a compilation of seven stories from fictional women who lived in the 19th and 20th Centuries and how they were defied conventions of their time. These damsels rise above their distressing circumstances through their bravery and determination with a little help from their love interests. As compared to the other Barbour Bride Collections that I have read over the last couple of months, The MISSadventure Bride Collection has a lighter tone consistently throughout the book.

Picking a favour
Amy
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The MISSadventure Brides Collection is a collection of seven stories. These stories include:
Along the Yellowstone River by Debby Lee
MissTaken Identity by Kimberley Woodhouse
Lesson of Love by Cynthia Hickey
Maddy's Llamas by Marjorie Vawter
Zola's Cross-Country Adventures by Mary Davis
Detours of the Heart by Donna Schlachter
Riders of the Painted Star by Kathleen E Kovach
I thought all of them were great. This a fun collection of mostly new to me authors. I am giving it four stars.
Madi's Musings
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed certain novellas in this collection, MISStaken Identity and Lessons of Love being two of them. The characters are endearing and genuine, and provide the reader with humorous stories. As is with every collection, there are particular stories that pique the reader's attention more than others. Missadventure Brides is a fun collection that contains plot twists, solid, Biblical lessons on revenge and forgiveness, and the importance of honesty.

My full review of this book can be found
Christian Book Gi...: book giveaway drawing 1 8 Dec 13, 2018 07:45AM

• The Great Lakes Lighthouse Brides Collection: 7 Historical Romances are a Beacon of Hope to Weary Hearts
  • The Liberty Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #6)
  • More Than Words Can Say (Patchwork Family, #2)
  • Reason to Breathe (Chandler Sisters, #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • The Golden Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #8)
  • Ladies of Intrigue: 3 Tales of 19th-Century Romance with a Dash of Mystery
  • The Patriot Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #4)
  • Mending Fences (The Deacon's Family, #1)
  • Storing Up Trouble (American Heiresses, #3)
  • Echoes Among the Stones
  • The Noble Guardian (The Bow Street Runners, #3)
  • The Unexpected Champion (High Sierra Sweethearts, #3)
  • The Chisholm Trail Bride (Daughters of the Mayflower, #12)
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • Under the Midnight Sun (The Heart of Alaska, #3)
  • My Heart Belongs in the Blue Ridge: Laurel's Dream
  • On a Summer Tide (Three Sisters Island #1)