Start by marking “Do Over (Brooks Family Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Do Over (Brooks Family Book 2)

Do Over

(Brooks Family #2)

She’s devoted to her daughters.
Years ago, when her cheating husband left, Ella Brooks realized how much she’d changed and wasn’t sure how to get back to the woman she used to be. When she meets Tyrone Evers, the last thing she’s looking for is another relationship, but it turns out that the police detective is just too tempting to resist.

He’s devoted to his job.
Tyrone m
Published May 4th 2018 by Garden Avenue Press

To ask other readers questions about Do Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do Over

The CurvyJones
May 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: challenge-2018
A great read... with a twist!

Thoroughly enjoyed this read by Delaney and I love love love the twist on the trope, here! Can I say that this ended a little differently, in a very small way, than I hoped for but is all good and satisfying overall. Grab this one, it’s awesome.
Maria Rose
The cover and synopsis of Delaney Diamond’s latest contemporary romance Do Over were what drew me to it; the execution of the plot and the sexy results are what will make me take a look at her extensive backlist. Ms. Diamond’s Brooks Family series is about an extremely wealthy African American extended family who run an assortment of businesses including a fashion house, a brewing company and a chain of restaurants. Do Over is the story of heiress Ella Brooks and a cop who meet under less than i ...more
*Dee Kaye's Book Bin*
Loving the Brooks Family series! I've always enjoyed second chances or Do over-type stories and Ella's story with Tyrone made the heroine realized that there was no Brook's curse--- she just married the wrong guy but so too did Tyrone marry the wrong woman! Ella's girls were so precious but her mother, 'Queen' Sylvie was back and running things again! She's not as bossy and controlling as in Passion Rekindled but that's only because of Oscar!

5 Second Chances stars *****
Deena
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm here for this different spin Delaney Diamond put on this one! For once, the heroine is the billionaire and the hero is the average Joe. And his name is Tyrone, lol. I assumed that Tyrone would be intimidated by Ella's wealth, but nope. He was comfortable in his own skin and in his calling to help people. I loved that about him. Ella wasn't what I expected, either. She was matter-of-fact about her background and made no apologies for it, She also somewhat low-key about it. It was what it was. ...more
Honeyeater
Jan 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, romance
dnf at about 35%. I'm sad this one didn't work out for me, unfortunately the romance just didn't work - My theory is there wasn't quite enough internal monologue to make the attraction feel legit.

Also, I know this is romantic fiction and not a police procedural but I really hated that Tyrone did some things that I don't think are correct or ethical with his policing. It turned me off him in a big way.
Kenya Wright
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's DD. There's nothing else to say. :-)
Natalya | TheIslandReader
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ella Brooks is a member of the uber-wealthy Johnson/Brooks family. She is recently divorced and the mother of two little girls. Ella returns to her home earlier than anticipated from her vacation and is unfortunately met with an unwelcome surprise. She is robbed at gunpoint and taken of her possessions. The detective on the case is attractive Tyrone Evers. These two are drawn to each other but both are hesitant for different reasons. She is hurt by her ex-husband’s actions, isn’t sure if love is ...more
Cheryl Mcneil
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are certain Authors who just know how to write a good story. Delaney Diamond is one of those Authors. Do Over is the second book in the Brooks series, featuring Wealthy Socialite Ella Brooks and Detective Tyrone Evers. Unfortunately, Ella is the victim of a burglary and Detective Evers is assigned to the case. There is definitely a physical attraction between these two, but the Detective needs to keep it professional. The Author has good descriptions of the Characters so you get a good vis ...more
Deena
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
So good!

Vondetta Carter
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ella Brooks is Sylvie Johnson's oldest daughter. She is a divorcee that is gun shy of relationships. Upon returning home from a trip, she is terrorized in her own home. Tyrone Evers is a detective who has been burned in his marriage. Tyrone is assigned Ella's case but holds little hope to it ever being closed. However, when the two meet sparks like from the 4th of July explode between them. Neither knows why.
If you like suspense and drama, this is the story for you. Can two from the opposite sid
Ruby
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed It!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. In my opinion, Do Over is a book that has a different twist to the second chance at love theme. Ella and Tyrone meet when Ella was robbed and Tyrone is the detective assigned to the case. Ella and Tyrone had both been married and divorced and neither were interested in a relationship. Despite that, there was chemistry from the beginning and their relationship only heated up from there. As things progress, we see how they both overcome their pasts and
Celeste
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing and endearing second chance

Delaney wrote the heck out of Do Over. Ella finds her voice and identity, after a traumatic experience. It is what leads her to Tyrone. Can I say, the use of the name Tyrone was on point. As the character embodies each characteristic of a man whose name is Tyrone.

Back to the overall review. Sylvie is one of my favorite motherly fierce characters. Straight no nonsense. It was good her and Oscar's story was entwined as a lesson for Ella to learn from.

The story ha
Vernell Renee Howard Griffin
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Story!

I'm glad Elle found herself, found her voice and courage to get back to who she were as an individual before marriage, motherhood and divorce. It is important to know and express what you want in a relationship. Elle had to do that to move forward because if she didn't the same baggage would've been transferred to the next relationship and that is definitely a no, no. I'm glad Elle got what she wanted as well as Tyrone because now the happily ever after starts. Great Read! ReneeG 👍
Latasha Martin
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!!!

I enjoyed reading about Tyrone and Ella's love journey. They both had wounds from past relationships that threatened their current relationship together. They met under uncanny circumstances but developed a friendship that evolved into a loving relationship. They could be their true selves with one another. Even with them taking a break, time healed those old wounds allowing their love to bond them even closer together. I can't wait to read what happens next with them in the upcoming
Ms Donna
Nov 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yummy

I Love romantic stories and this novel was deliciously romantic. Thank you Delaney Diamond, your ability to write down that which is in your imagination and your sharing your imagination with others has been a Gift to me today. Tyrone was a detective, serious about his job and dedicated to being a Life Saver. Ella was just a little rich girl. Tyrone could care less about her money., he was into saving lives and making a difference. In spite of it all they tried a do-over relationship with e
Shawnette
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
ENJOYABLE little switch of the woman being wealthy and the man being an “Average Joe”...but I like that Tyrone wasn’t the least bit intimidated by Ella’s fortunes or her domineering mother. I like the fact they both had baggage to overcome and work through in order to move forward in their budding romance and I was intrigued by the mystery/suspense of the robberies. And Ella’s little girls were just adorable...love a romance w/little kids...looking forward to the next book in this series.
Tina Jackson
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it

Two people with emotional scars from their previous marriages meet after a incident. She's the victim of a criminal act and he's in charge of solving the crime. They are from completely different worlds but the attraction is immediate and strong. Enjoyed reading Ella and Tyrone's journey to love.
Love Africa Book Club
Do Over is a story about second chances.

Ella walks into a home invasion and Tyrone is the detective investigating her case.

Both of them come with baggage. Neither of them want to get involved let alone fall in love. Can they let go of their pasts and trust each other?

Ms Diamond writes swoon-inducing romance that will make you sigh with pleasure.

An absolute must-read romance.
Tonya
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally a strong heroine

Finally a story with a strong female lead that knows what she wants and isn't afraid to show it. The book moved a little in the beginning but I saw it through and I'm glad I did. The author did a great job of showing how people make current partners pay for crimes of past psrtners.
Amaka Azie
May 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This author makes her characters so beautifully flawed. You feel the emotional connection between the couple and root for them. Loved Ella and Tyrone together. A prim and proper heiress with a naughty side to her and a rough bad-boy police officer with a gentle side to him. A perfect combination. Well written and engaging. And ever so hot! Can’t wait for the rest in the series. 😀
Selina Durio
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great family

The Johnson family and now the Brooks extension are such a great group of people. The distinct personalities of each parent and sibling create such a wonderful dynamic. Tyrone and Ella have a lot of emotional baggage from their previous relationships that the odds are stacked against them, but it was evident they were meant to be.
Priscillia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely

Wonderful story. Drama is on point.... Love the development of this story and the characters too. Honesty and simplicity are the words that come in mind when reading this book.
Nicole Baker grant
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great Read

I enjoyed reading Do Over. Ella and Tyrone first marriages didn't turn out the way they thought it would but everyone deserves a second chance at happiness. I definitely recommend this book.
Angela
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love they Relationship💕

Their story line were beautiful, the way Tyrone love her and was so protective over her was cute, love the Brooks family, why Stephan can’t play by the rules 😀 Book 1-2 & 3 👍🏾
Deserie
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love to die for

Delaney this book was awsome or lots of laughter intence loves the two main characters in this story.
It was breathtaking loving Ella sticking to what she wants and gets what's she want
Can't wait for the other books coming soon.
Lisa
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A do over indeed!

Ella and Tyrone were both in a bad place relationship wise! A chance robbery united them and now they get to try again. Loved the story, loved the chemistry! Overall a pretty good read!
Sabrina Hamilton
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Second Chances

Both Ella and Tyrone have been hurt during their previous relationships. That didn't stop them from falling in love and taking us on that journey with them as they navigated through life. Another great story from Delaney Diamond.
Lee Holden, E.
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read

Excellent read, I enjoyed the characters and storyline. Tyrone and Ella are a good match. They both had relationship baggage they needed to overcome. I recommend this book.
Caroline Bartee
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do Over

Do over again and again, cause that's exactly what I'm going to do read over and over again. Tyrone

and Ella, were steamy hot. Tyrone brought out the freak in Ella, and I love how they made each other

laugh. Sophia and Hannah were too cute.

Waiting for Malik story
Tigger
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the story!

• Young, Rich & Black: An Afterwards Novella
  • The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2)
  • Best Woman for the Job
  • Less Than Forever (Love Always #3)
  • Baby Love
  • Being Barron 2: Reed & Skye (The Barron, #2)
  • You Can't Plan Love (Southern Love #1)
  • Playing with Temptation (Pleasure Cove, #2)
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • Guarding His Body (The Donovan Friends, #1)
  • The Player's Proposal
  • Tall, Dark & Alpha Boxed Set
  • When Valentines Collide
  • Undeniable
  • A Little Bit Naughty (Moments in Maplesville, #2)
Delaney Diamond is the USA Today Bestselling Author of sweet, sensual, passionate romance novels. She's also the owner of Garden Avenue Press, a digital-first press where she publishes other authors. Born and raised in the U.S. Virgin Islands, Atlanta, Georgia is now her home. She reads romance novels, mysteries, thrillers, and a fair amount of nonfiction.

When she's not busy reading or writing, s

Brooks Family (3 books)
  • Passion Rekindled (Brooks Family, #1)
  • Wild Thoughts (Brooks Family, #3)
“The right man can open up a whole new world and change your life.” She flicked her gaze up to him. “You weren’t that man. But don’t worry, I’ve found him.” 0 likes