Start by marking “Knit Socks!” as Want to Read:
Knit Socks!

Knit Socks!

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  141 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Knitters love to make socks. Socks are practical and pretty, cozy and colorful. Sock projects are easily carried in a knitting bag, and the patterns are complex enough to be interesting but small enough to be quickly finished. Plus, socks are always fun to wear and great to give as gifts.

Now Knit Socks!, the little die-cut hardcover that sold more than 65,000 copies, is av
Board Book, 144 pages
Published September 15th 2004 by Storey Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Knit Socks!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knit Socks!

Lori
Mar 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: knitter in need of useful material
Recommended to Lori by: Fran
i did it.
i became a knitter.

my mom taught me how to knit my own socks when my pleas for her to knit me more fell on deaf ears.

this is an easy book to follow and gives you enough standard patterns and combos that after my first pair i felt comfortable enough altering the second pair's pattern.
Aug 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: knitters, sock enthusiasts
I've checked this one out a few times now from my library. I think it's heading to the "gotta buy" list
Rhenda Strub
Aug 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
Taught myself to knit socks with this. What a dandy little book. I'll keep reading it until I stop making socks I suppose.
Georgene
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Knitters
Shelves: crafts
When I first got this book a few weeks ago, I was VERY disappointed in it. Having a multitude of knitting and knitting pattern books, I saw no reason to even produce such a book as this one.

However, upon reflection and having spent many hours looking over this book, I've decided it is worth adding to your crafting library. There are several really good hints on how to avoid some of the pitfalls inherent in the knitting of socks, which this book covers. Some of the ideas for socks are really cute
Shawn Bird
Sep 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
The fact that this book about knitting socks is actually shaped like a knitted sock is quite cute, but it does make it a bit awkward to store. There are 15 patterns for children and adults, and I look forward to making several of them over the winter. The beginning section on basics is very thorough, with lots of helpful illustrations. The worst thing I can say is that, due to repeated lack of success with the Kitchener stitch to close the toes, I have happily started knitting my socks toes up, ...more
Tricia
Feb 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
This is it; this is the book that taught me to knit socks. I have a tendency to over think and over process everything. Knit Socks! spelled out the instructions and stitch counts so I didn't have to think about the dreaded heel turn; it just happened and it was the coolest thing ever for me. Seven years later I'm a sock-a-holic and am almost to the point where I could have a separate room for my sock yarns...
Ella
Oct 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: diy-how-to
This is a fine book for basic sock knitting patterns. All of the patterns are the same length and fairly average socks - no ankle or knee length, no interesting spiraling or patterns. Just simple socks. Not a bad book, one or two patterns that I will be bookmarking.
Mckinley
Feb 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Looks a tough intimidating. Will 'practice' knitting and FOLLOWING patterns before trying socks. Then this would be a good book for a variety of ideas and patterns since if one is going to knit socks they should be something more than plain and regular.
Tara Choate
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This might make a good reference book. A lot of good info, patterns, and ideas. I think the ideas could be interchanged to get even more creative.
Linda
Aug 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiber-arts
Everything you need to know about making beautiful socks that fit.
Fangirl
Nov 05, 2009 rated it liked it
A good basic book for anyone who wants to learn how to knit socks.
Deborah
May 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Gorgeous socks.
Ashley Mumpower
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Making best foot forward for my husband. This is the first time I've knit socks from cuff to toe so we'll see!
Mary
Sep 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft, library-books
I re-read this book. It has some pretty nice looking socks. I am still practicing at making socks and don't have the right type of yarn for the majority of these socks (worsted weight).
Daisy
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reading, knitting
Good for beginners.
Pixie
Nov 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
This was a good book with many interesting patterns. The instructions were well written and helpful as well.
Rebekah
Apr 08, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Some cute sock patterns that I will think about for a long time, but probably never make. I'm lazy like that. I like my pattern.
Liz
Jun 21, 2013
Jacqui
Jun 30, 2015
Erin
rated it did not like it
Dec 16, 2007
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Knitting Experience Book 1: The Knit Stitch, Inspiration & Instruction
  • Sensational Knitted Socks
  • One Skein
  • Folk Shawls: 25 knitting patterns and tales from around the world (Folk Knitting series)
  • Socks Socks Socks: 70 Winning Patterns From Knitter's Magazine Sock Contest
  • Scarf Style
  • Sock Innovation
  • Knitting on the Road
  • Knitting Around
  • A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting
  • Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave
  • Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: A Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns
  • Knit Fix
  • The Knitter's Stash
  • Socks from the Toe Up: Essential Techniques and Patterns from Wendy Knits
  • The Knitter's Companion: Expanded and Updated (The Companion series)
  • Cables Untangled: An Exploration of Cable Knitting