Start by marking “Carry and Drag (Open Wounds, #1)” as Want to Read:
Carry and Drag (Open Wounds, #1)

Carry and Drag

(Open Wounds #1)

Lift. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

Qualifying to compete on a national level is all that’s on power lifter Dagen Rourke’s mind. After an injury sidelined him the previous year, his only goal has been to overcome the physical challenges and mental demons to get back in the game. Falling into bed with the new artist at his brother’s tattoo shop was never part of his training schedul
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 140 pages
Published May 18th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Carry and Drag, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carry and Drag

Start your review of Carry and Drag (Open Wounds, #1)
Lyn
Solid 4 star read for me.

I know when I read novellas chances are I'm going to be left wanting more. This case is no different. However, I'm hoping to get more of Dagen and Ollie in the coming books. It's obvious these two care deeply for one another, but I need a declaration of love. I want to read about their plans as a couple. Ollie is still in need of some emotional healing, and what are Dagen's career goals now?

Overall, I'm impressed. I think this is a strong start to a great series. It wa
Anne Boleyn's Ghost
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up because frankly, I don't tend to expect much from novellas by new-to-me authors. And frankly, I was pleasantly surprised here! Carry and Drag may be a novella, but it is a well-written one, with an engaging premise and well-crafted characters.

Gifted tattoo artist Ollie needs a fresh start. He gets one in the form of a new job and a new roommate, Dagen. An aspiring strongman who epitomizes “gentle giant”, Dagen wants Ollie. More than that, he wants to care for Ollie. Ollie doesn’t think that he
Barbara➰
I first saw this book in another author's fb group. It looked like something I'd be interested in and I'm always willing to give new authors a try. Some of my friends read it and said "It's definitely a Barb book".

See....I love me some gentle giants. Guys who are big and could wreck havoc just with their hands. They are sweet and gentle and aware of their size and how they come across to others. But they are more than willing to do anything to protect what's theirs. Dagen was just the type of h
AussieMum
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Series Reread August 2019 -book 4 out soon
Still sweet.

Re-read September 2018
Still just as sweet as the first read but still wish there was more time spent with the two MC together. Now on to the sequel.

Original review
I really enjoyed this and wish it was longer. A good introduction to a new series. Although the sex initially kind of came out of nowhere I really liked Dagen, the sensitive power lifter. As well as the rag-tag bunch of men that make up his family. Look forward to the next one.
Chris
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
Not bad at all for the start of this series. I liked these characters and really enjoyed the family vibe.. love it when a group of people band together and show acceptance. compassion and love.
Eden Finley
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a decent read :) and a great start to a series. I'm definitely interested in all the side characters and want to know their stories, especially Niko and Vidar, and Magnus and Rory.

I just wished there was a little more of everything. More emotion and more depth. Ollie and Dagen just happen, and apart from finding each other attractive, I don't know WHY they fall for each other. Just that they do.

That being said, it was a great and quick read, and I *think* it's a
Line
Dec 04, 2018 marked it as maybe
Freebie at the zon.com right now: https://smile.amazon.com/Carry-Drag-O...
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
4.5 Stars

Dagen isn’t thrilled when he learns he’s getting a new roommate, until he lays eyes on Ollie. Not only is the guy gorgeous, but Dagen finds himself drawn to him emotionally, as well.

Ollie is running from the abusive relationship he’s found himself in for the last couple of years. He’s told himself he won’t let himself trust again, but there is just something about Dagen that makes him want to let his guard down.

Ollie’s story is heartbreaking and I just wanted to cuddle him
JenMcJ
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had to force myself to finish this book. It was just a very basic book with a predictable plot and stale characters.
Lelyana
Shelves: 2018, from-author, arc, mm

Aww...this is sweet and adorable. I was skeptical before, as this is a first book I read from this author. But I was wrong. I enjoyed the story. Dagen is a sweet giant, and Ollie cannot asked for better lover but him.
I will sure read the next of the book of these brothers. REcommended!
Dawn Nicole Costiera
May 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars for this fabulous debut!!
Carry and Drag by Michelle Frost was such a pleasant surprise. I was looking for a quick read, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I am so happy I did. This lady can write. It is third person, which some times I have an issue with but she did a great job with it. I followed along effortlessly. I loved each and every character. I found the plot fun and endearing....
It revolves around a Tattoo shop, a gym and a great bunch of guys! The timid Tattoo artist, Ol
Barbara
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kudos to Ms. Frost for a job well done on Carry and Drag. This is a wonderful MM Novella that captured my attention and emotions from the very start. The book is very well written with characters you can’t help but fall in love with. The storyline is funny, flirty and sexy as heck with all those Rourke Brothers and their friends. Plus, there are moments of aghast that will have you gasping.

Ms. Frost’s flair for words will keep you turning page after page as we meet the Rourke brothers and the s
⚣Michaelle⚣
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.7 Stars

Not a bad start to a new (for me) series. I do wish that there'd been less attention paid to the detailed minutia of working out & diet that comes with training for the Strong Man competitions. Maybe balanced with more details of the tattooing instead?

I'll put the next installment on the TBR though since there is a pretty big cast of side characters that could have their own stories...

EDITED TO ADD: While some people like the age-gap or other pair
Amanda
Jan 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
A very nice satisfying short read. I was skeptical going in after finding out this is a short story but since there are already 3 books in, I decided to give it a try. First of all, Dagen isn't a MMA fighter as I thought he would be. He is a 'strong man' competitor, is sort of involved lifting and pulling kinda thing. I don't understand the rest of the jargon mentioned.

Ollie is the new tattoo artist hired by Dagen's brother and ended up being Dagen's roommate. Ollie's background stor
Mateo
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great cover and a good story with enough drama, could be more if the end wouldn't arrived so fast but it a was a pleasant one.
Mainely Stories
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Just WoW!  I had no idea what to expect, initially just thinking that I simply had missed this author before now because it seems illogical that this is her FIRST NOVEL!

I wasn't sure that I would like the story until page 4...yes, page 4 and from that point on, I was captured.  A strong man, a powerlifter who recognizes something, some level of need and pain in the new tattoo artist brought in to the fold by his older brother.  Ollie has secrets, it is easy to see and the story of Ollie finding his way
Neta
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A new author for me and a debut M/M novella to boot, I have to say I am very impressed.
One of the most interesting things is how Michelle Frost choose to break some of the patterns of this genre and these types of characters. She did so with small details and subtle character traits I adored finding out. Even though there might be some things to improve, I just loved all these characters and the relationships between them so much this story was a true pleasure to read.
I just wish it
Anke
Jun 11, 2018 marked it as nope
Shelves: sample
Tried the sample today and decided - this is not for me.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I don’t normally have good luck when reading new to me authors, but this was quite good. I am looking forward to the next in the series.
Kristina
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Carry and drag

As soon as i read the blurb for this story i knew i needed to read it asap and i did in just under four hours and i loved every single minute and i can not wait till book twos release...
Erin
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, 2018
Loved this! I can't wait for more books in the series!
Nat ReadingAllNite
Nov 18, 2018 rated it really liked it

This was a cute story with a family of brothers, one who owns an MMA gym and a tattoo studio. There’s also another friend or two making up their group. I kind of lost track. Dagen is a bodybuilder and strongman training for competition. That was interesting and I had to google it to find out a little more. Oliver flees a bad situation at another tattoo shop to work for Vidar, Dagen’s brother. Moving into the upstairs apartment with Dagen, nature takes its course. Another fleeing young
~nikki the recovering book addict
It’s a win!!

After a few lacklustre books this was much appreciated. Slightly short but oh...so sweet =]

See, this is the problem with me. I can rant and complain with the best of them when a book irritates me but I have nothing to say when a book really makes my day.

I suppose I can list down what this book had going for it. For starters, good writing! It was smooth and transitioned well. No awkward or abrupt nonsense. The characters were not one dimensional which is always much a
Amy Dufera
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Michelle Frost. And I was pleasantly surprised. Carry and Drag was a wonderful book.

I love the writing style. It is fast, with a good plot, and some great characters.

Oliver is a tattoo artist who is starting his new job. He is told he will be rooming with Dagon, who is training at the attached gym for the Strongman Competition. Dagen is not excited to be given a roommate, but Ollie was extremely grateful to be able to have a place to live with suc
SoCalBookReviews
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First book in a new series by a new Author And it was Great. This book Totally left me wanting more though, so I think it was a pretty great setup for the series to come. I really wish this wasn’t just a novella though, and that we had gotten a longer story for Olliver and Dagen. They were both likeable characters, but since it was on the shorter side we didn’t get a whole lot of interaction between just the two guys, we got to also meet some of the other characters as well; which I’m Assuming w ...more
iam
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtqia, arc
This was great!

Carry and Drag is the story of Dagen, a weightlifter who just recovered from an injury and is now training for his next competition, keen to win to contribute to the family business and prove himself to his brothers, and Ollie, a tattoo artist who wants to start over new and is waiting for the other shoe to drop as the opportunity he's been given just seems too good to be true.

I liked all aspects of the book:
The romance was lovely, with Dagen being ki/>
Kirk
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was instantly sold by the blurb as it was set around a gym and tattoo parlour and the two MC's Dagen and Ollie were very likeable and they had a great slow burn with a boat load of UST which I love, I just wish the burn could have simmered a little longer but as this was a novella, things needed to progress. Dagen was a big, strong power lifter and I adored how soft and caring he was with Ollie, seeing to his every need. The intimacy between them was beautiful and so, so hot.

We wer
Lisa Cullinan
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-read, 2018
What a great start to this series!!!!

I absolutely loved this story about Dagen and Ollie and the circumstance in which they find each other just when they need someone the most. They’re both so lovable that you can’t help but root for their happy ending.

Dagen is a big dude, who weight-lifts at a competitive level and trains at his brother’s gym. A painful injury takes him out for a while, but as he conditions himself to get ready for a major event, Ollie strolls into his life.
Alex (HEABookNerd)
Series: Open Wounds #1
Rating: 4 stars - it was enjoyable

After an injury sidelines professional lifter, Dagen Rourke, he's ready to come back and conquer the strongman competition to win it all. The last thing he needs is the distraction of a new roommate with a troubled past. Oliver Vos is running away and all he cares about is surviving, even it means taking a chance on Vidar Rourke’s tattoo shp, Open Wounds.

I wasn't sure what to expect going into Carry and Drag but I absolutely loved this reall/>After/>
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Book listed under wrong author of same name 11 86 Jul 14, 2019 11:10AM

• First Light (Heartsville, #2)
  • Below the Belt (Baum's Boxing #1)
  • Family Rules (Breaking the Rules, #1)
  • Jace's Trial (Trials in Abingdon #1)
  • Center of Gravity (Compromised, #0.5)
  • Full Disclosure (Real Estate Relations, #1)
  • James—Uncontrollable (Man Up #4)
  • Magic Runs Deep
  • Alpha's Destiny (Texas Heat #1)
  • All That Shimmers (Piece Us Back Together)
  • A Breath of Innocence (Guns n' Boys #8)
  • Ricochet (Out for Justice #1)
  • Coach's Challenge (Scoring Chances, #5)
  • Boy Next Door (Hot Off the Ice, #4)
  • Safe Place (Rainbow Place, #2)
  • The Decision (Single Dad Support Group, #4)
  • Bishop Ridge (Sawyer's Ferry, #2)
  • Defend (Hard Hit, #8)

Open Wounds (5 books)
  • Take Down (Open Wounds #2)
  • Matched Intensity (Open Wounds #3)
  • Age Rules (Open Wounds #3.5; Breaking the Rules #5)
  • Vidar (Open Wounds, #4)