Start by marking “It's Me. (Catwad, #1)” as Want to Read:
It's Me. (Catwad, #1)

It's Me.

(Catwad #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Jim Benton, meet Catwad! He's blue, he's a bit of a grouch, and his best friend is a dim-witted cat named Blurmp who can see the bright side of anything. From pizza and computers, to love and happiness, this crabby tabby has a funny take on just about everything, and he's not afraid to share it. This collection of short comic stories ...more
Published March 26th 2019 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about It's Me., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Me.

Start your review of It's Me. (Catwad, #1)
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Look, its not a literary masterpiece. But Im giving it 5 stars. I read this to my 5-year-old and I swear, we have never laughed so much. We were crying in uncontrollable fits of laughter. Him, at stupid jokes (and for some reason I hate rain was the funniest line in the whole book). Me, laughing at him laughing mostly... He thinks it is the best book he has ever read.

And I must admit I enjoyed it too. We all need a bit of crude, childish, utterly stupid humour in our lives... And lots of
Matt Tramell
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This might have been the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life. The entire time I read this, I wondered, why? Is this why I'm here on earth, to read Catwad? I began to read, and I began to hate myself. Slowly I fell into a pit of depression. I saw no way out, until the book closed, and I was done. So, why do this to myself? Because my students voted that I should buy this for the class. So, I used my hard earned money on the book. And now I'm dead inside. Catwad is a cancer that feeds ...more
Kerrie
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man! That book was hilarious!!! It definitely made my day.
Tegan
Some of these made me laugh out loud, some were just okay. I liked that it was just a series of little scenes. I liked the preview of the second book and the shout out about the importance of libraries.
Traci
Jun 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm counting this, even though it took me less than a half-hour to read it. I debated for a bit, then realized that it would be hypocritical of me NOT to count it, as we're in the middle of our Summer Reading initiative at work, and we tell the kids all the time that it doesn't matter *what* you're reading, as long as you *are* reading. Which I did!

It's a very cute graphic novel aimed at children grades 3-5 (maybe even 2nd). I picked it up because I love Jim Benton, having seen his Happy Bunny
Elaine Fultz
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: soyamrg
Garfield and Odie are sort of updated into these chubby cat characters Catwad (hateful bully) and Blurmp (brainless optimist named for a fart sound). Some stories are two-page comics/jokes, and some are a little longer but all with the same theme -- stupid cat is stupid and mean cat is mean. For example, one section finds Blurmp excited about spotting tiny fairy unicorns. Catwad ends up with multiple stings screaming, Theyre mosquitoes, you idiot! And Blurmp dreamily responds, So many lucky horn ...more
Peacegal
Apr 25, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars -- This wildly wacky comic brings to mind the Nickelodeon humor of Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Life, and Spongebob Squarepants. Yes, the humor is dumb--aggressively so--but it's also really funny, and I found myself chuckling more than a little at how over-the-top and bizarre it all was.
Lesley
I don't even know how to rate this, since I am clearly not the audience for it. :D
Emily
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Hilarious illustrations!
Jane Van Hof
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Made me giggle and I needed that!
Heather
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gross. Juvenile. Completely ridiculous.

I loved it!
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Catwad: It's Me by Jim Benton, 127 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL Graphix (Scholastic), 2019. $9. Content: G

BUYING ADVISORY: EL (K-3), EL ESSENTIAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: HIGH

Catwad is super grouchy because of his dim-witted friend Blurmp. Blurmp looks at the bright side all the time and loves everything, especially pizza. Catwad and Blumrp have hysterical adventures, such as visiting a gross hotel, Blurmp getting sick, and Catwad smiling so hard he turns inside out (very rare). Although Catwad is grumpy and
Andrew
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Catwad is a bright, fun new graphic novel about two cats-- Catwad, a grumpy, cynical feline, and his best friend (and polar opposite) Blurmp, a happy-go-lucky, carefree kitty. Antics and absurdity perfect for fans of the Dog Man series. Catwad's attempts to smile put a real smile on my face!
Rabbit
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catwad is hilarious and sarcastic all at the same time! Great read!
Kary
Jun 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Extremely silly - reminded me of Ren and Stimpy. My students will love it! Better order multiple copies.
I may have been a little partial to this starting out because I love Benton's Franny K. Stein: Lunch Walks Among Us. But these cats- one grumpy and smart, the other happy and dumb- are really a funny friendship duo. Their antics are certainly unique, and I like that they can remain friends despite their extreme differences.
Jason
Benton certainly knows his audience and he delivers to that niche in bucketfuls. There were moments this reminded me of Ren & Stimpy, but even at 125 pages, I needed to take a couple breaks.
Kirsti
I wanted to see what the fuss was about. This is a fun kids' book with lots of farting. A very easy read.
Becky B
A collection of comics/short graphic novel stories featuring grumpy Catwad who hates everything, and Blurmp, his overzealous friend companion he tolerates who might be missing a few marbles.

Oh boy, Blurmp was...special. He definitely made me laugh more than once with his antics. Catwad is grumpy, but in a lovable way. The two are definitely good foils for each other. Catwad saves the world from Blurmp's less than inspired ideas and Blurmp saves the world from Catwad's bad moods. Readers who like
Kelly
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was so funny, and so wrong in areas, but very funny!
Anthony
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Silly fun with Catwad, a blue cat that's a little grumpy and his best friend Blurmp, a happy go lucky cat who sees the best in everything and everybody. Laugh out loud humor, even for the grumpy.
Rachel
Dec 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic_novels
This is a great, humorous read, especially for younger kids and middle grade kids. If you like "Captain Underpants", read this!

I enjoyed it as an adult for it as a quick read and it's dumb humor.
Ezra
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Its me. Its great
Sharon Buxton
Aug 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
graphic novel
Angie
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
For fans of Garfield, Spongebob, perhaps even Renn and Stimpy.
Cecelia
Jul 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jim Benton (he of Happy Bunny fame) has started publishing a new graphic novel series about a character named Catwad, and Ive been trying for an hour to figure out how to describe it. In the first book, Catwad: Its Me., Catwad reminds me of nothing so much as a book version of the Grumpy Cat meme. Or a cross between Grumpy Cat and a Garfield comic. Whichever way you slice it, the book is full of biting, physical humor, and it will be a hit with kids no matter their reading level!

Catwad is a cat
Josephine
Aug 07, 2019 added it
Shelves: brady
Silly
Stacey
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quirky little childrens book that made me laugh out loud at times-the drawings are delightful. It reads much like Spongebob and Squidward. ...more
Dolores
Aug 05, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Cute
Emily
Aug 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Silly and cute
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Sparkly New Friends (Unicorn and Yeti, #1)
  • Mystery Club (Mr. Wolf's Class, #2)
  • Sunny Rolls the Dice
  • Middle School Misadventures
  • Pug Blasts Off (Diary of a Pug #1)
  • Lupin Leaps In
  • The Breakaways
  • The Super Side-Quest Test! (Press Start! #6)
  • Narwhal's Otter Friend (A Narwhal and Jelly Book, #4)
  • Stargazing
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Bird and Squirrel All Tangled Up (Bird & Squirrel, #5)
  • Cats Are a Liquid
  • Guts
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Peter & Ernesto: The Lost Sloths
  • The Runaway Princess
  • Click
Benton began his career in a custom design t-shirt shop where he started designing his own characters. At the same time, Jim did illustrations and artwork for magazines and newspapers. People magazine named him "the most visible cartoonist in America" .

Benton also created greeting cards and worked in the magazine and publishing industry. In 1998, his SpyDogs characters became an animated series,

Catwad (3 books)
  • It's Me, Two (Catwad, #2)
  • Me, Three!