Start by marking “Catwad (Catwad, #1)” as Want to Read:
Catwad (Catwad, #1)

Catwad

(Catwad #1)

From New York Times bestselling author Jim Benton, meet Catwad! He's blue, he's a bit of a grouch, and his best friend is a dim-witted cat named Blurmp who can see the bright side of anything. From pizza and computers, to love and happiness, this crabby tabby has a funny take on just about everything, and he's not afraid to share it. This collection of short comic stories ...more
Published March 26th 2019 by Scholastic Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Catwad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catwad

Tegan
Some of these made me laugh out loud, some were just okay. I liked that it was just a series of little scenes. I liked the preview of the second book and the shout out about the importance of libraries.
Matt Tramell
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This might have been the stupidest thing I've ever read in my entire life. The entire time I read this, I wondered, why? Is this why I'm here on earth, to read Catwad? I began to read, and I began to hate myself. Slowly I fell into a pit of depression. I saw no way out, until the book closed, and I was done. So, why do this to myself? Because my students voted that I should buy this for the class. So, I used my hard earned money on the book. And now I'm dead inside. Catwad is a cancer that feeds ...more
Rabbit
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Catwad is hilarious and sarcastic all at the same time! Great read!
Lesley
I don't even know how to rate this, since I am clearly not the audience for it. :D
Elaine
Nov 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: soyamrg
Garfield and Odie are sort of updated into these chubby cat characters Catwad (hateful bully) and Blurmp (brainless optimist named for a fart sound). Some “stories” are two-page comics/jokes, and some are a little longer but all with the same theme -- stupid cat is stupid and mean cat is mean. For example, one section finds Blurmp excited about spotting tiny fairy unicorns. Catwad ends up with multiple stings screaming, “They’re mosquitoes, you idiot!” And Blurmp dreamily responds, “So many luck ...more
Andrew
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Catwad is a bright, fun new graphic novel about two cats-- Catwad, a grumpy, cynical feline, and his best friend (and polar opposite) Blurmp, a happy-go-lucky, carefree kitty. Antics and absurdity perfect for fans of the Dog Man series. Catwad's attempts to smile put a real smile on my face!
zapkode
{My thoughts} – I have to admit that the title of this book is rather interesting. This is a neat little graphic novel for younger children that is part short comics and part short comic stories.

The illustrations are bright and engaging. The characters are Catwad who is mean and Blurmp is well not the smartest kitten of the litter. The two of them go at it like cats and dogs for the most part and Catwad doesn’t seem to have any issues with making Blurmp see that he isn’t amused with his lack of
RedPoppyReading
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Catwad,” by @jimbentonshots, had us bursting out laughing on the first page! Catwad is a very grumpy cat. Blurmp isn’t the brightest cat, but always sees bright side of any situation. Together these two cats are hilarious! Told in short comics the cats deal with love, pizza, staying in a hotel, fairy unicorns (aka mosquitoes) and more. If you love laughter and silly books, this one’s for you! When I asked my daughters how many stars out of five they would give this book, my seven year old said ...more
Christina
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The very entertaining graphic novel, Catwad, stars the grumpy cat, Catwad, and his best silly friend, Blurmp. We have the joy of following their day to day shenanigans and the funny predicaments they get into. There’s no real story but micro-moments.

I love both characters because they balance each other out. It’s a different kind of friendship. Catwad doesn’t dislike Blurmp; just happiness and fun. Blurmp, meanwhile, loves Catwad unconditionally.

There is an air of whimsy to the art. It’s powerfu
Kristin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I flipped through CATWAD: It’s Me when it was first sent to me and almost tossed it directly into the donation pile. Luckily, before my rush to judgment could cause a CATastrophe, my kids saw it, grabbed it, and devoured the book over and over again. They loved the goofy, sometimes gross, sometimes adorable, and surprisingly tender mini-tales of Catwad, the grumpy cat and his effusively joyful companion Blurmp.

So I read it. And I loved it.

Full review: https://mutterschwester.wordpress.
Akoss
Dec 07, 2018 added it
Shelves: chapter-book
@Kidlitexchange #partner - I received a copy of this book from the Kidlitexchange network in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Releasing 3/26/19

Cat Wad reminds me a lot of the animated series Adventure Time. I am not a fan of that show because I don’t get the humor. The same goes for this book. So I decided not to give it a rating.
Now I have to say that to the correct audience this book is guaranteed to be a hit. It just wasn’t for me and that’s ok.
Meghan
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm a 90s kid, and while I find comfort in my 90s cartoons - I apparently don't find much comfort in current variations that are similar to 90s cartoons. Catwad is very Ren & Stimpy-esque, minus the music from the show... The entire work produced one chuckle in me, but I'm sure certain kids are going to enjoy the heck out of it. I read it because I happen to like graphic novels, but maybe this just isn't my type of humor?
Emyrose8
Apr 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Half of this book is pretty funny and half is pretty dumb. But I know my kids are going to love it. Some parts actually made me lol.

Note- bodily function humor, some minor making fun of friends, some slapstick comedy
PirateKitty101
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Catwad was a fun book. I liked that there were two different characters that were so different, and how the author made it funny when they clashed. It didn't have a lot of different context, but for a quick and easy read, I would recommend this book.
Renee MA
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
Written in small 'chapter-ettes', Catwad is a quirky look at two cats with vastly different personalities. While Catwad will not invoke deep discussions or true thought, it is a great way to lose an hour of your life and just laugh. So grab a friend, snuggle in, and hope neither of you 'blumps'.
Fatima
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute little comic about best cat buds. It reminds me a lot of Ren and Stimpy or as close to Ren and Stimpy as Scholastics could probably get. One cat is grumpy and the other is stupid but they're best friends and I'm excited for the next one!
Erin
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
My kids both read this book. My daughter, age 6, loved it. Thought it was very funny. My son, age 8, didn’t like it as much. He said it reminded him of captain underpants. He thought the chapters were too short. Seems like a good transitional book for kids getting out of picture books.
Dinah King
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was stupid funny. Emphasis on stupid.
Kristy
So dumb. But also really funny. Kids will love it!
Tam
Mar 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Super quick read.
Not as funny as I anticipated.
Jacki
So bad, it's good, and so stupid, it's funny. Perfect for that 7-8 years range when they've just started to understand humor and think Garfield is the pinnacle of sophisticated comedy.
Nicole
Super silly humor that somewhat reminds me of an age-appropriate Ren & Stimpy. Sure to be a hit with the middle-grade crowd.
Abby Cooper
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Funny graphic novel - lots of short stories I think kids will really enjoy.
Danielle Norris
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is sooooo dumb it is HILARIOUS!!!
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
My son likes cats and graphic novels/comics so we bought it at his school's book fair. Pretty simplistic. Garfield, Grumpy Cat, etc. rate better.
Edward Sullivan
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
A grumpy cat and his dim-witted friend. Not terribly original.
Caren
Pretty funny actually.
Courtnei
this is hilarious.
Hannah Lewis
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this because I love cats.
Kate Blau
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So silly my favorite comic was do you?
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Benton began his career in a custom design t-shirt shop where he started designing his own characters. At the same time, Jim did illustrations and artwork for magazines and newspapers. People magazine named him "the most visible cartoonist in America" .

Benton also created greeting cards and worked in the magazine and publishing industry. In 1998, his SpyDogs characters became an animated series, T

Catwad (2 books)
  • It's Me, Two (Catwad, #2)