Start by marking “Mystery Club (Mr. Wolf's Class, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mystery Club (Mr. Wolf's Class, #2)

Mystery Club

(Mr. Wolf's Class #2)

Another charming and funny adventure in the Mr. Wolf's Class series!
Mr. Wolf's students are settling into their new classroom, and Randy, Aziza, and Margot realize they have some questions:

1. What happened to Aziza's favorite Frisbee?
2. Is the girls' bathroom really haunted?
3. Where is Mr. Greens, the teacher who disappeared?

To answer these questions, the three friends sta
Published February 26th 2019 by Graphix

To ask other readers questions about Mystery Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mystery Club

Heather
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's cute. I'm hoping the characters develop more over time.
Olivia
Jun 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-reviews
Find my full review here: http://www.yabookscentral.com/kidsfic...

Super-cute and full of adventure, MYSTERY CLUB is a great comic for reluctant or new readers in elementary school. Featuring a class of animals and their antics, this is a fun comic that is easy to get into. Each chapter features its own connected story, such as the formation of the Mystery Club, their attempt to solve the mystery of a missing teacher, and the finding of all the balls and frisbees that disappeared during recess in
John Isaacson
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Grg
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has a great moral: when it comes to solving mysteries, adults can't be trusted.
tony dillard jr
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s a rainy Friday for the students of Hazelwood Elementary. But that doesn’t stop Mr. Wolf’s class from having a ton of fun. Randy is busily preparing for the sure to be epic birthday party at Intergalactic Pizza Castle. Abdi is trying to devise a way to retrieve his lost soccer ball. The girls bathroom might be haunted. And the newly formed Mystery Club is all abuzz about what happened to their beloved previous teacher, Mr. Greens.

But perhaps the most perplexing mystery is who or what is behi
Barbara
Mr. Wolf has settled into his role as a teacher in a school in the Pacific Northwest in this second graphic novel featuring his diverse classroom. Randy invites everyone to her birthday party. The students are insistent on having lockers instead of cubbies for storage purposes, and they are curious as to whatever happened to their former teacher, Mr. Greens, as well as the whereabouts of various balls and Frisbees. All the little stories connect in some way, and the students even form a mystery ...more
Mathew
I bought the second in the Mr. Wolf off the back of how much I enjoyed the first. Again, Steinke shares his astute observations of children in the classroom and playground environment and, because of this, these anthropomorphic characters feel more real than many human ones that I have encountered in books.
From those children who do all that they can to not do the work they are set, to those incidental conversations that are overheard, Steinke captures these moments in a way that I haven't enco
Raina
I really like Steinke's playful sensibility. I enjoyed Big Plans, and bought a bunch of his Mr. Wolf zines for a teacher friend, and dug those as well when I read them.

He lives in Portland, hence the local interest tag.

Here, he turns his anecdotal teacher story work into a longer form graphic novel, packaged for kids. In some ways, I missed some of the wink-wink qualities of the zines, but I'm not sure I could pinpoint exactly how this feels different... Maybe it's that I remember those zines
Peacegal
May 20, 2019 rated it liked it
This colorful, good-natured, and inclusive comic book series is a lot of fun. Kids will most certainly find things to relate to in Mr. Wolf's at-times hyperactive classroom, and adults will have their memories jogged.

I laughed out loud to the references about the haunted girls' restroom, and wished there had been more about it in the comic, honestly. My elementary-school class also had a haunted bathroom, or so we thought, and it's ridiculous how much time we spent telling stories about the ter
Taylynn
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This graphic novel was seriously adorable! As a teacher, I am trying to expand my knowledge of children (2-5 grade) and middle grade books. This was a fun read which had relatable characters and families that children would be able to connect with. The art style alone drew me into checking this out from the library. I will be picking up more from this author in the future!

Update: I did not realize this was book 2 in the series. That would explain why it took me a while longer to understand the c
Emily Masters
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This elementary graphic novel is cute- I love that the characters are diverse (a duck in hijab, a cat with two mommies) but I wish that they were human. There are so many children’s books where the characters are “diverse”, but they’re animals. Kids deserve to see themselves as the characters instead of as animals who share some of their traits? That said, those traits and families were included, which is a great step. The storyline was a little meandering; it’s very vignette-y but overall ties ...more
emyrose8
I don’t know what it is, but there’s something about these books that make me slightly uncomfortable... maybe it’s the students running rampant around the school or their slightly disrespectful/shaming nature towards each other at times. I get that that stuff happens, especially at school, but books are opportunities for teachable moments to show kids a different way to approach situations. Don’t get me wrong, the stories are fun and the characters/their backgrounds are diverse. I enjoyed readin ...more
Kari
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A completely biased review: Right?
I work with the author and I am #1 dork-fan of his work. Totally biased.
He is an amazing teacher - and an amazing author/illustrator...but even with my star-struck blinders on - I love this series - he gets kids, he puts his heart into his work and you can sense his passion for teaching with a sense of humor and grounded reality in both his Mr Wolf graphic novels!!
Noah
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-books
3 😞😞😞
I'm tearing up... This was a half way dissapointment. I hunted this book and waited until it came out, and I got 😢
Of course the original is hard to beat but this was pretty disgraceful. It felt much shorter and chunkier than the other. Maybe I wasn't in the mood for this, I don't know.
Being cute and sweet but overall a disappointment, 3rd book, redeem yourself!!!
Beatrice Fox
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
aA fantastic little world. I love classroom worlds and this one is great. Very modern too. It's nice that it focuses on the female students of the 4th grade class and their little club. Plus I like the different backgrounds they each have. It's a great little world to run around in. The girls definitely underestimate the adults...which is great!
Anthony
A somewhat flat, and droll story of three classmates in Mr. Wolf's class at Hazelwood Elementary School who start a mystery club. One of the classmates invites the entire class to her birthday party at the local pizza parlor. Some science facts are included throughout the story, and a rat problem exists at the school, and pizza parlor.
Susan
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
Bold and cheerful drawing style. Simple layout and clear text bubbles make it easy and fun to read. Kids will be drawn to the idea of forming a friendship club to understand everyday mysteries. Lovely follow up to the first installment of this series, but can be read as a stand alone. Applause for the diverse characterizations of students and their families. Recommend for 6+ to 10.
Marcie
Like this one even better than the first. And of course I love to support a teacher/graphic author. Really does know 4th and 5th graders, but I'm sure I'll have 1st to 3rd graders wanting this a the library.
Heather Culley
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The many different kinds of children, depicted with a loving hand.
Mompop
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
spoiler alert

if you only advocate for a "traditional" family this book might not be for you.
Rebecca
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Love this series!
Amber
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
nice drop in of lesbian moms!
Karrie S
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hah. Their “rats” wear clothes 😆
B
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not as cute as the first book, but I love how diverse the classroom is .
Kit Feral
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A+ for diversity!
Maya
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a kids book, it was actually decent.
Heather
Aug 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute. I liked the first one better.
Brenda Kahn
It sure was fun to visit Mr. Wolf's class again. He's still a bit clueless. His students know just how to maximize this to their best advantage.
Ellen
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
Certainly a book geared at elementary students, but could be good for lower readers in 6th grade too... The art was cute enough, but the story is pretty clunky.
Holly Letson
I have been enjoying this series very much, and I look forward to future volumes.

Mr. Wolf's Class (3 books)
  • Mr. Wolf's Class (Mr. Wolf's Class, #1)
  • Lucky Stars (Mr. Wolf's Class, #3)