Start by marking “Quarantine: A Love Story” as Want to Read:
Quarantine: A Love Story

Quarantine: A Love Story

Oliver wants a girlfriend, and there's a girl back home who might be interested in him. The problem is, he has to spend his spring break on a volunteer trip in the Dominican Republic. Flora, on the other hand, isn't really looking for a boyfriend. She just wants to end a miserable spring break visiting her dad and her new stepmom in the D.R.

The solution to both their probl
Published March 26th 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Quarantine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Quarantine

Stacy Fetters
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
"We keep looking at each other wanting to run away and be alone together. Though at this moment, gazing into those cool-breeze eyes, I feel like we already are."

They say that you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover but I’m telling you that with this book, you definitely should. The cover grabs your attention and the story captures you completely.

Quarantine is a love story that starts in one of the weirdest ways possible and ends like a Hollywood dream. This was cute, fun, super entertaining and
Emily
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
*I received a free copy of this ARC in return for a honest review.*

Oliver and Flora are two strangers on the same flight returning from the Dominican Republic to their native Brooklyn. Oliver is trying to get home to go to a party with the girl he's had a crush on for years, Flora is returning from spending spring break with her dad and new stepmom. When the CDC takes the entire flight into custody upon entry into the US, Flora and Oliver are thrown together into a situation neither are prepare
Maddie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. This book was pretty dang underwhelming. There wasn’t much that I liked about it, except the mental health rep and the cuteness that ensued occasionally. However, those things didn’t help to make this story seem more realistic or make the characters more likeable. The main characters, Flora and Oliver, make horrible decisions constantly. Oofa doofa.
Ashley
Apr 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well this was just a fun book! As someone who had an insanely bad case of regular mono, the illness bit was realistic. As a nurse, some of the hospital/quarantine stuff was not 😂

All in all though, I really enjoyed this one. The concept was unique, the split POV perfect, and I just really liked Flora and Oliver. This will be a perfect summer/vacation/beach read, if you’re looking for one.

I look forward to any future books from this author!
Lindsay Katz
Nov 18, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars.

I really liked the concept/idea of this book BUT I do have to say that it seemed really unfinished. It could've used another round or two of editing before putting out any ARCs. I was hoping it would get better by the end and it kind of just fell flat for me. Still fun to read + super quick!
Ashley
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
See my full, rambling, infectious disease nerd review here. It has gifs!

Poor, anxious Oliver is just wrapping up a Spring Break volunteering trip in the Dominican Republic. He just wants to go home, attend a party and somehow work up the courage to ask a girl out. Flora just spent the past week on a disastrous visit to her dad and her airheaded stepmom. Flora and Oliver find themselves on the same flight home from Punta Cana to Miami, and from there, back to NYC. Because they both live in Brookl
Sarah Hunnicutt
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
#kidlitexchange #partner Thank you, @kidlitexchange and scholastic for lending me a copy to review! All opinions are my own.

On my blog, I gave this 3 and a half stars but good reads won't give me that option.

This was a cute story about two teenagers who get stuck in quarantine together for 30 days. Oliver was doing some mission work in the Dominican Republic while Flora was visiting her dad and new step-mom.

Things get interesting when a passenger on the return flight to New York is super ill an
I received this eARC from Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.

Oliver has been setting the stage for making his longtime crush his girlfriend. First, he needs to rush back from his spring break volunteer trip in the Dominican Republic to get to a party back home. His crush invited him and he hopes to seal the deal. However, on his return flight home, he sits next to an uber gross and uber sick dude, who turns out to have a new deadly version of mono. Oliver and the other passengers from th
J Mccarragher
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidlitexchange
@kidlitexchange #partner “Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network for the
review copy of this book - all opinions are my own.” Quarantine is just what it says: a love story. The twist: teenagers Flora and Oliver don’t know how to share their feelings even when they are the only two people in the room! Coming back from the Dominican Republic, they wind up on the same plane and in contact with an annoying passenger who erupts in coughing fits, spreading germs everywhere. Due to a tropical mono diagno
Isabel S.
Jan 04, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was just okay, it wasn’t amazing. I normally love this kind of contemporary cutesy story, and I thought that the premise of the book was perfect for me. It began with Flora and Oliver meeting on a flight back from the Dominican Republic, with seats right behind someone with tropical mono. Upon arrival to the U.S. the entire flight is put into 24 hour quarantine, and Flora lands herself in 30 day quarantine by tampering with her thermometer and giving herself a “fever”. She then drags O ...more
Arrow Nox
Apr 06, 2019 rated it liked it
3/5 stars

Okayyy, so Quarantine: A Love Story was on my list of top 19 anticipated books of this year, and I was pretty disappointed, to be honest. I feel like I would’ve rated this more if I didn’t have such high expectations, so it’s kinda brutal, admittedly.

Talking about the positives, I really did like Flora and Oliver individually; the character development was a little lacking, but the build-up did happen although delayed. Together, they were both so cute and I really did love their chem
Lottie
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Highly disappointing read. I wish I had not chosen to read this book. Lacks general intrigue; I immediately wished for a refund. Relatable aspects such as social media, and extremely detailed work. Realistic fiction, a little cute; could be enjoyed by teens who have nothing better to read.

I believe the book isn't so much of a romance as the cover states. There was hardly any romance at all (they only kissed twice). I bought this book in hopes of a juicy romance, but was dissatisfied with what th
Michele
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Thanks to @kidlitexchange for the free copy of this book to review! Quarantine by #katiecicatellikuc comes out March 26 from @scholasticinc

Flora and Oliver are both returning home from the DR when they are sent to quarantine because of a sick man on the plane. Thrown together by fate, these two teenagers embark on 30 days of staying in the same hospital room. Even though they are away from their lives they must still deal with them. Loved the teenage angst and confusion in this book. Although i
Mel
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways, reviews
Was looking forward to reading this one. Parts were cute as the quarenteens had to make it through 30 days of isolation together. Overall though it fell pretty flat and at times was repeating scenes and just got mushy, gushy, and boring. It was a fast read for a nice spring day and I would read other books from this author as it did flow quickly. Curious what the story could have developed in since the ending kinda left you hanging and wondering. I won this book in a goodreads giveaway thank you ...more
Darla
Mar 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had high hopes for this book, but it was really just a smidge above mediocre. The plot captured my interest and I really liked Flora and Oliver -- Kelsey not at all. The social media thread was fascinating to watch from the posting side of a trending story. For me the whole quarantine time was underutilized. There could have been more going on. The quaranteens should have been reading books! I know I would have been. Could make a fun romcom. #Floriver!

A big thank you to Enchanted Lion Books an
Michelle
Nov 21, 2018 rated it did not like it
It was cute and a quick paced read. I got mildly invested in the characters and everyone’s roles were pretty clear. Some of the characters motives were confusing like the intern caring for them. It was just cute enough but it didn’t change my life or anything. The ending left me feeling short changed and miffed, but it was pleasant enough that i’d try another of this author’s books in the future.
DevanshiC
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Quarantine: A love story is a book about love. I personally dislike it only because of there not being a lot of action in the book. Others who prefer love stories more than action stories might like this story better than I did. The story is very interesting it's just when I read on my interest started to fade.
Bickering Book Reviews
For a more in-depth review watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFZa...

This was a cute story with a great premise however the characters and their relationship needed a little more development to make it great.

We received eARCs of this book from the publisher through Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Becky
For a more in-depth review watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFZa...

Flora and Oliver have never met but their fates are about to be entwined. The two teens happen to be on a flight from the Dominican Republic that is quarantined because of a rare tropical disease. The two find themselves isolated together in a hospital room which may lead them to developing a connection.

This was a cute and basic romance that basically followed the expected course. Flora and Oliver had several adorable mome
Kelsay
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute, quick read. The story was nice, albeit predictable. I thought Kelsey’s character was a bit over the top, and I was confused about Joey’s role. I did appreciate the development of the relationship between Flora and Oliver. They were quirky in a compatible way. Overall, an enjoyable first read of the year.
Jessica Arnold
Apr 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF about chapter 10. Just couldn't get in to this book or relate to the 2 main characters. Not the book for me, though it does seem like it will focus a lot on their relationships with each other and their families.
Carina
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was such a sweet and cheesy story. It was really easy to read, and the characters were very enjoyable. The plot was simple, but still intriguing. It was very comedic, and the oblivion of the characters were unbelievable at times.
Aubree Jones
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i think it is good
Mayah
Mar 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The books were interesting but the ending, in my option was not as satisfying as it could have been.
Jenn
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Super fun, super fast read - perfect for a trip to the cottage or a weekend away.
CJ Ochoa
Apr 14, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 rushed ending making it feel like the author ran out of story.
Ava D
Apr 16, 2019 added it
My favorite character was Flora because of her way of assessing problems. Something that surprised me was when Flora actually got sick. I would change the ending so the Oliver realized Kelsey was a jerk quicker and so that Flora and Oliver would get together quicker. I think it was a good book I personally enjoyed it but sometimes I felt like the book wasn't too specific.
Marissa
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Little White Lies
  • The Sound of Drowning
  • Unleaving
  • The Pioneer (The Pioneer, #1)
  • In Another Life
  • Sorry Not Sorry
  • The Light at the Bottom of the World
  • Eden's Root (Eden's Root Trilogy, #1)
  • The Last 8 (The Last 8, #1)
  • The Devil on Her Tongue