Start by marking “Rise of the Dragons (Rise of the Dragons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Rise of the Dragons (Rise of the Dragons, #1)

Rise of the Dragons

(Rise of the Dragons #1)

Mega bestselling author Angie Sage takes flight with an epic adventure that imagines dragons in the modern world. Includes 9 collectible game cards that unlock an online game! The first in a thrilling multi-author series.

Comes with 9 collectible game cards that allow YOU to join the dragon battle!

Once our world was full of dragons who lived in harmony with humans. But aft
Published February 26th 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Rise of the Dragons, please sign up.
Yahli I just finished the book and it has nothing to do with the Septimus Heap series, it's an entirely separate series.

Kales
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I am sad to say that this was not one of my favorite new middle grade books. It was something I had high hopes for and it just fell short.

I will say this: the world is pretty cool. It's a fun new adventure with dragons and inter-dimensional travel. However, the way this book was executed was sloppy, confusing and hard to follow.

There were two stories 1) a young girl from our world who is slowly losing her mother to an unknown illness and 2) kids from another world, with dragons and magic. It was
Madison
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, middle-grade
I adored The Magyk series by Angie Sage and it remains a perennial favourite with our library’s young readers, and so I jumped at the chance to read and review the first book in her newest fantasy series, Rise of the Dragons. With the promise of game cards and a matching online game, Rise of the Dragons promised to be an exciting release. The new world Sage has created and her daring plot of intrigue, dragon battles and family bonds is both thrilling and thoroughly enjoyable. It is sure to be a ...more
Dolank
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars for a 8-12book! And a series, at that. 😉
As a child of the 80s, that was obsessed with the movie Flight of Dragons, (1982), this book was right up my inner child's imagination. I actually wonder if the author has ever seen the movie, or where her inspiration came from. Hmmm, dragons...

Oops, about the book. Good vs evil, the oppressed vs the entitled, family lost and found, and of course, some man eating dragons. The characters are lovable yet fallible, the plot line moves quickly
Hollyberye
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a decent book. It has interesting characters, especially including the dragons, and the world is pretty well drawn. I liked it more than I initially thought I would, and followed along better than I initially suspected I would. However, it is not at all of the calibre of the Septimus Heap books. Perhaps that is because so very much has already been written about dragons in fantasy books. I was able to follow the abrupt character transitions that some have complained about, because the au ...more
Hsu Lee
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
It was a great book full of action + adventure !
I fell in love with this author thru the Septimus Heap series.
I have to say that this new series did not disappoint.
Dragons are just myths and legends, but we know the true.
When Joss finds a dragon egg, he gets a big surprise when the dragon bounds with him.
Now the adventure begins.
Read the book to start in this adventure with Joss, Allie, and Sirin.
Loved the c
Stevo Brock
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a Best of the Best for the month of April, 2019, as selected by Stevo's Book Reviews on the Internet. http://forums.delphiforums.com/stevo1.... Search for me on Google for many more reviews and recommendations.
Engel Dreizehn
Nov 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
ARC Copy...decent dragon action and world building going so far spilling into the modern times. Wonder how the card-game element will be like...
Louis Santos
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Characters were pretty interesting and I did enjoy the story. Probably a 3.5/5 from me
Sarah Collins
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful homage to Anne McCaffrey and the Dragons of Pern. A great choice for readers who love Wings of Fire or How To Train A Dragon. I can't wait for more!
Tracey
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dragons, orphans, cruel overlords, and a Lost World--what's not to like? Kids will love this series starter.
Trish
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great new middle grade series by the author of the Septimus Heap books. Very exciting, and will have collectible game cards.
PaleHorsemen
Atlanta Bushnell
Apr 13, 2019
Aeryn
Mar 04, 2019
Angie Sage (born 1952) is the author of the Septimus Heap series which includes Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, Syren, Darke and Fyre. She also wrote the Todhunter Moon series, and the Magykal Papers, an additional book with extra information about Septimus' world. She is also the illustrator and/or writer of many children's books, and is the new writer of the Araminta Spookie series.

Angie Sage grew