Start by marking “Ruff vs. Fluff (Queenie & Arthur #1)” as Want to Read:
Ruff vs. Fluff (Queenie & Arthur #1)

Ruff vs. Fluff

(Queenie & Arthur #1)

New York Times bestseller Spencer Quinn returns with a laugh-out-loud series about the most epic rivalry of our time . . . Arthur the dog vs. Queenie the cat.
From the outside, Queenie the cat and Arthur the dog appear to have a lot in common. Both pets live in the charming Blackberry Hill inn. They both love their humans, twins Harmony and Bro. They both have a fondness fo
Published March 26th 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Ruff vs. Fluff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ruff vs. Fluff

Lmhoyer
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, i-recommend
ReALLY good 👍 give it 5 stars
Really suspenseful and funny!!!
AMY
Feb 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Middle School
293 pages. This book is told in alternating chapters by a cat and dog. It seems like it is on a middle school reading level. It was boring to me after reading two chapters. I don’t think elementary kids will get into this one. Cute cover though.
Ms. Yingling
Jan 24, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

Arthur, an enthusiastic but somewhat misguided mixed breed dog, and Queenie, a particular and discerning cat, both live with their humans at the Blackberry Hill Inn, which is near some mountains (in Maine?). Harmony and Bro are the children who play hockey, and Mom runs the bed and breakfast. When a gues, Mr. LeMaire wants to hike the Sokoki Trail, he wants to hire the children's cousin Matty for twice the going rate, but he is busy. Instead, he hires the children, and i
Lis Carey
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story aimed a younger readers, though its length may conflict with its cat and dog narrators in finding the right audience.

On the other hand, I really like Spencer Quinn's animal narrators, and he writes a good mystery, so, I may not be the only older fan of his adult mysteries that is ready to enjoy a somewhat simpler tale from him.

Arthur is a bouncing, happy, loves-everyone sort of mutt. He's not too smart, but he's very loyal, loves his family, and has an excellent nose. Queenie is
Sue
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aty52-2019
Ruff vs. Fluff is the adventures of Queenie the cat, Arthur the dog, and their humans - Mom and the twins Bro and Harmony. Together they own the Blackberry Hill Inn which is struggling financially. When their sole guest, Mr. Lemaire, ends up dead, and their cousin Matty is blamed, they must unravel the mystery with only an old map and postcard to go on.

This is a children's book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Ruff vs. Fluff is told from the alternating perspectives of Queenie and Arthur. If you ow
Kate Foran
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Have you seen the movie Homeward Bound? This middle grade mystery is pretty much narrated by Sassy the Cat and Chance the dog. There’s a murder! Kids find a body! Cousin is framed by bumbling cops! Can kids and pets (who hate each other) solve this crime and save beloved cousin?

There is an audience for this book — it works like a real mystery story and the animal points of view are fun. But finding a reader for it in my class tricky because the length and text difficulty mean that it’s probably
Catherine
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Queenie the cat and Arthur the dog live with their family, a mom and twins Harmony and Bro, who own the Blackberry Hill Inn. In alternating chapters, readers get the points of view of the egotistical and vain cat and the exuberant and not-too-bright dog. When a guest of the inn turns up dead and an incompetent sheriff arrests the wrong man, the cat and dog join the twins in trying to solve the mystery. This is a fun mystery and the cat and dog narrators are wonderfully entertaining. Queenie and ...more
Deuce Naftel
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jf
The writing is becoming predictable. At least the dog's point of view. i realise middle schoolers and elementary aged readers will not have read the Chet and Bernie series, but I feel Spencer Quinn is recycling too much material sometimes. True Arthur the dog isn't as quick and smart as Chet, but he shares an awful lot of similarities. I was willing to overlook that in the Bowser and Birdie series, but it is getting old. I love Bowser and am very sad Spencer Quinn decided to stop writing about h ...more
Theresa
Mar 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-school
I love both the Chet and Bernie (adult) series and the Bowser and Birdie (middle school) series but I didn't like this one as much. It was entertaining but had too many stereotypes: Queenie, the cat, was aloof and vain; Arthur, the dog, was goofy and dumb; the sheriff was fat and lazy; and the villians were simply greedy and sly. Quinn typically writes much better than this.
Annika K.
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book thoroughly. It is funny and Queenie and Arthur's personalities are so different. In the end, I couldn't put the book down because of the suspense! The reason why I gave this book only four stars is because the first 50 pages, I thought, were a bit hard to follow. Stick with it though!
ReadaBook
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great series. The ending gets tidied up pretty fast (& raises a question or two), but a fun beginning to a new series told by a dog and a cat. Creative and enjoyable.
Already looking forward to book #2!
Julie
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
As a Scholastic Insider I was given an advanced copy of this book to preview for my 4th grade students and it was a lot of fun to read! I loved the cat vs dog point of view and look forward to sharing the book with my students who love mysteries.
Chaitra
It’s funny enough but it’s also basic. I was expecting something along the lines of Chet and Bernie, and didn’t realize this was a middle grade mystery. I wish I’d paid more attention to the description rather than looking at the evil expression on the cat’s face.
Judi
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I bought this book intending it for my third grade grandson I enjoyed it immensely! I love that the vocabulary was not watered down but that also means younger children might have a little trouble with it. Can't wait to hear what my grandson thinks about it.
Wrenn Nicodemo
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a cute mystery in a new series for young readers. The cat Queenie and the dog Arthur alternate as narrators.
Cheryl
Rebekah
rated it it was ok
Feb 24, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
Spencer Quinn lives on Cape Cod with his dog Audrey, and is hard at work on the next Chet and Bernie adventure.

Spencer Quinn is a pseudonym of author Peter Abrahams.

Series:
* A Chet and Bernie Mystery

Queenie & Arthur (2 books)
  • Paws vs. Claws (Queenie & Arthur #2)