Start by marking “Tree of Dreams” as Want to Read:
Tree of Dreams

Tree of Dreams

Dear Coco and Leo,
I miss you! We all miss you! The whole forest misses you! I hear their thanks and wishes in my dreams. I hope you do, too.

Prepare for a journey into a world filled with what so many crave -- the sweet savoring of a chocolate drop. A drop that can melt even the most troubled realities. But in this nuanced, heartrending story, before good can emerge, there
Published March 26th 2019 by Scholastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Tree of Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tree of Dreams

Ian
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book! Chocolate, the rain forest, environmental activism, and accessible for adults + kids! What's not to love?
Emma Cailene
This book blew my mind.

I feel like when most people hear about oil drilling destroying rain forests, they think, that's too bad. They feel sad for a few minutes--at most. And then they move on.

This book made it personal.

Tree of Dreams is a high quality novel unlike any other I've read--and as of now, I've read 661 books. It is a book about forgiveness, and courage, and standing up for what's right. It's a novel that made me step outside my comfort zone, and confront what a catastrophe it is tha
Stacie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tree of Dreams, by Laura Resau, is a middle-grade novel that will satisfy your stomach, mind and heart. The story of Coco, a 7th-grader living in the Colorado mountain town of Heartbeat Springs; it is a tale of fierce love, mouth-watering chocolate, changing friendships, magical dreams, and ultimately - forgiveness. It also shines a light on environmental issues in the Amazon rainforests, including the dangerous effects of deforestation, oil exploration and drilling.

Coco and her mother run a ch
Kate Waggoner
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
Thanks to the @kidlitexchange network and the publisher for the review copy of this book – all opinions are my own.
Tree of Dreams by Laura Resau (set to release March 26, 2019) is a deliciously sweet middle grades novel about friendship, forgiveness, doing the right thing, environmental conservation, and chocolate. Coco, a 7th grader, helps her mother run their chocolate shop, El Corazón. They’re a small bean to bar factory located in a tiny resort town called Heartbeat Springs in Colorado. A n
WheeldonHS
This was such an unexpected jewel! I chose it on a whim and didn't expect much and was greatly surprised with how wonderful it was. My five year old son has been listening to the story and is now fired up to help protect the rainforests. The way the Grandmother tree was portrayed was beautiful. I really love the beautiful way the author described the interconnectedness of all living things.

I highly recommend this book!
Laura Pritchett
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can I just say how much I love this book? I love this book. Chocolate, friendship, rainforests, family--and taking care of it all while having adventures galore. Adult readers as well as the kiddos will find this book delish. No joke. One of my favorite reads of late.
Ms. Yingling
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
E ARC from Edelweiss Plus

Did not meet the needs of my collection at this time.
Steve
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book because I am writing a profile of this writer for a local magazine (we live in the same city, and our kids go to the same school). I really enjoyed the book and enjoyed interviewing the writer, who is passionate about her work and passionate about her experiences and friends in Latin America. It's middle-grade fiction written from the perspective of a young girl, but this middle-aged man was captivated, and I even managed to learn a few things — about the Amazon and about chocol ...more
Erika
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
@kidlitexchange #partner (Thank you to the #klenetwork for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own.)

TREE OF DREAMS by Laura Resau

Young chocolatier Coco’s four chambered heart loves four things: her mom, her former best friend Leo, her grandfatherly friend Gali, and her chocolate shop, El Corazón.

It’s getting difficult to compete with the new, cheap donut shop across the street, and Coco’s mom has to start thinking about closing their beloved shop.

Coco begins having vivid dreams of
Sandie, Teen Lit Rocks
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a great MG read. Well researched and touching.
Stephanie Bange
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Award-winning author Laura Resau takes readers once again on an adventure to Latin America – this time to the jungle of the Amazon River in Ecuador.

Coco and her mother own a chocolate store in Colorado which is failing miserably. Unless things pick up, they will go out of business. Both she and former best friend/now rival Leo win a mysterious contest that takes them to the heart of cacao country where they seek the treasure that the ceiba tree has sent to them in their dreams.

Not really magic
Mar 06, 2019
Regina
Apr 13, 2019
Lylah
rated it did not like it
Dec 12, 2018
Steph
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous and totally unique! Friendship, bravery, and embracing change are themes in this novel, but it is incredibly different than other middle grade novels because of the cultural and environmental focus. I also long to taste the delicious treats mentioned, and a trip to the rain forest may be in my near future! Gorgeous story.
Heather Loyd
Marcie Wessels
Jan 10, 2019
Kelli
Jan 10, 2019
I'm the author of the young adult novels The Queen of Water, Red Glass, What the Moon Saw, The Indigo Notebook, The Ruby Notebook , The Jade Notebook, and the middle-grade novels Star in the Forest and The Lightning Queen. My novel Tree of Dreams is coming in March 2019 with Scholastic. I grew up in Maryland, then moved around for ten years (as student, ESL teacher, and anthropologist), making my ...more