Start by marking “Her Savior (A Rescue Series Novella #2)” as Want to Read:

Her Savior (A Rescue Series Novella #2)

Heroes aren’t born. They’re made through hard work, discipline and the love of their country.

Brenton “Trigger” O’Connor, has seen many things in his years as a Marine sniper. He’s seen the destinations of war - the heartache of losing a friend. The last thing he was looking for while back home was finding love.

Avery’s world has been one battle after another. If it’s not he
Published 2018

To ask other readers questions about Her Savior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Savior

Monica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet romance story about Brent and Avery who had a thing for each other as teens but never acted on it. Now years later she's dealing with a nasty break up and a man who is abusive and wont leave her alone. Brent will do everything he can to protect her.

Sweet story and I enjoyed it. I did find the flashbacks and inner dialog used a little too much. Once the flashbacks are over its hard to get back into it. I like having a backstory of what happened but it interfered/interrupted with the flow o
Rose
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I've read this author and I really liked this story. Lots of action and a great story line. I thought Brenton was a really fantastic Hero. And I adored Avery. She was smart and sweet. Yeah, she made some mistakes but nothing that hasn't been done before. And she wasn't afraid to admit those mistakes, learn from them and move on.

My biggest complaint, and the one thing I really didn't like, was that there were some things left unresolved with the ex. Had that part of the st
Vickie Chaisson
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Savior is an emotional rollercoaster of adrenaline fueled events. Avery has had a rough life being raised by her alcoholic father after her mom died. Actually it was more like her raising him if it hadn't been for a great best friend there would have been no normalcy at all. Avery get involved with an abusive man and he keeps being abusive even after she breaks it off. She has secretly been in love with Brent since high school but they have never told each other how they felt. Schuler's char ...more
Cynthia
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW life can suck big time when everything in your life is bad from father to boyfriend. Been there done that which made this story very easy to relate to. I can’t think of much of anything worse than finding the man you could live a lifetime with only to have to keep him at a distance because of all the crazy people in your life who won’t let go. I doubt you could read this and not have it touch you in some way. Avery is trying so hard to move on rebuilding her life from alcoholic father and an ...more
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: military, om-drama
Brenton and Avery have had feelings for each other since their teenage years. But they've never acted on the feelings and as they got older, with Brenton going into the Marines they never had their opportunity.

Avery isn't having the best of luck in life right now. Her father is an alcoholic, and because of his episodes she's missing more and more of her general studies classes. She has an ex that is convinced they aren't over and is beating her physically and spiritually down.
Brent is tired of
K.A. Graham
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
by Barb Shuler

☆☆☆5 stars☆☆☆

Avery has had a tough past, dealing with an abusive boyfriend and an alcoholic father, and the ramifications afterwards. She has trust issues that could fill a vault, as should be expected.

She's doing her best to move on and create a happy life for herself, when she meets Brent. He's a hot military man that comes in and sweeps her off her feet. Knowing her past is still lurking in the shadows, she keeps Brent at a distance, but
Andrzejewski Amy
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love reading military romances. In Her Savior Avery and Brent were perfect together. Brent and Avery's love for each other ran deep. Brent returns home from being on tour. Once home he learn's that Avery's ex Melvin was extremely abusive to her. Brent steps in to be her protector and keep her safe from her demanding ex. Melvin won't take no for an answer and has created lots of trust issues for Avery. Will Brent succeed at breaking down the walls that Avery has built up? Will Brent also be abl ...more
Patti
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 4 (KU copy)

The personalities of these characters are what stood out the most for me. Randilyn would be perfect for her own center stage. I felt a bit of a disconnect with no one recognizing the signs of trauma syndrome. Physically violent abuse is a very hard topic and usually goes hand in hand with emotional abuse resulting in both inner and outer destruction . This author portrayed the victims trauma with skill enveloping a reader in its ugliness. The savior in this storyline p
Jill
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love Avery and Brent, they were made for each other. Avery is guarded because of her past and then she meets Brent while she is starting over. She keeps him at a distance at first, but they're destined for each other. Brent makes it clear to her that he's hers and he'll do anything for her and protect her no matter the cost.

Then the past comes back to haunt Avery, but Brent has her back!!!

Great Read!!!
Amy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing story. I definitely connected with this story as I was in an abusive relationship myself. Not to the extent she was. But, Avery is such a strong and amazing woman. And Brent and his family are so very awesome. I was sucked into this book from beginning to end! I definitely want to see what's next!
Dmcl
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great story with lots of action and passion. Brutal at times and might be a trigger for some, but done well and not sensationalized. Tight, well-written story with characters to care for. An easy read for a lazy afternoon.
Mona williams
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow talk about intense! she is getting away from a bad man and her father. he is coming home from a mission after losing his friend. than he sees her and wants her and to protect her. you must read this book!
Ashley Martinez (ilovebooksandstuffblog)
Her Savior

A cute swoon worthy romance. It was sexy, it was suspenseful and it was sweet. The characters were made for each other. I enjoyed their relationship and journey together.
Darlene
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A beautiful passionate romance between Avery and Brent. It is an intense read, involving abusive relationships and dangerous situations. A heartfelt story I found myself crying, shaking and rooting for a peaceful future for Avery and Brent.
Helen Simpson
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
CONFUSING AT TIMES I FELT LOST WHERE THE STORY DIDNT FLOW PROPERLY, BUT ONCE I GOT INTO THE STORY I REALLY ENJOYED IT. I LOVED HOW PROTECTIVE BRENT WAS OF AVERY. ALL THINGS CONSIDERED A REALLY GOOD READ AND AM SURPRISED BY AVERY BEING SUCH A STRONG CHARACTER AFTER EVERYTHING SHE WENT THROUGH.
Ruth Bishop
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it

Recommended
A very sweet romance with lots of ups and downs.Brent(Trigger) is a marine sniper him and Avery were raised together he was on tour. He came home to find Avery's ex is bothering her. Can he keep her safe and convince her he has always loved her.
Karole Petty
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just the right amount of sassy and hot romance and action.... Great book! Love the characters and loved the story. Barb is now on my TBR list of authors!
Lori Hammons
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brenton and Avery finally tell each how they feel just as Avery has left an abusive ex who won't let go. But Brent keeps saving her. I loved the danger, suspense and Randilyn!
Mindy
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What a great story. I read it the first time when it was supposed to be a short story as part of an anthology. It was a terrific story, with all the elements needed to keep me interested.

I'm now reading it for the second time because the author decided to release it as a full on novella and the new content that has been added is amazing. It all fills out the story perfectly and makes the characters more dynamic.

Avery and Brent are an amazing pair and their story is awesome. Plus, the payback t
Amanda Campbell
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It was different from the first book in the series but not in a bad way. I enjoyed the way Barb wrote the characters, you got to see who Brent and Avery were without losing too much of the story since it's a novella. There were a few twists that I really enjoyed that made the story more intriguing. A quick, sweet military romance who has you swooning.
AnnaMarie Gardner
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow this was so well written, Avery and Brent draw you right in. I adore Randilynn she makes you smile and your heart swell from the love you know she has fir her best friend Avery and all her family.
Lela
Sep 29, 2018
Jessica71208
is currently reading it
Jun 19, 2018
Barb is a Carolina Girl by right and a Texan by birth. By day she’s a desk jockey for a rural transportation company and a book lover - reading through as many books as she can. At night, though, she turns into alter ego, a writer. Cape, optional, depending on her mood.

Her stories are a mix of real life events, personal experiences and the craziness of her own imagination, and the imaginations of