Start by marking “Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Be Still My Heart (Four Kings Security, #2)

Be Still My Heart

(Four Kings Security #2)

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  1,096 Ratings  ·  175 Reviews
Former Special Forces medical sergeant Russell “Red” McKinley knows a thing or two about wounds, like the fact some can take a lifetime to heal, if they heal at all. The scars Red carries run deep, and living with PTSD often means battling the memories of his past. Injuries he received while working an executive protection case with fellow Kings and co-owners of Four Kings ...more
Published July 28th 2018

Wendy
ghjok.png (535×110)

I really love this author and everything she writes. I really enjoyed the previous book in this series "Love in Spades", and this one was just as good...maybe even a bit better ;) That probably has to do with the fact, that I am getting to know these "Kings" better, and as a result I am falling in love with each and every one of them !!

https://www.google.com/search?q=falling in love gif

This time it's Red and Laz' turn. Those of you who have read the first book, already know Red and Laz, and those who haven't should go back..and read the first bo
Meags
4 Stars

This series is proving to be consistently fun, steamy, and exciting.

Here, we follow the budding relationship between Four Kings Security member Russell ‘Red’ McKinley and fashion photographer Lazarus ‘Laz’ Galanos.

Red and Laz initially met in book one (Love in Spades), forming a special bond when Red provided comfort and support to Laz after Laz was hurt by his now ex-bf at Colton’s pool party. The sparks between these two ignited at first sight and they quickly connected in a haze of h
R * A Reader Obsessed *
3 Consistent Cochet Fluff Stars

I can totally see both sides for those who love and don’t love this series, and I’ll basically leave it at that.

What made this story was Red. He is the biggest teddy bear who ever teddied, and he’s been crushing hard on fashion photographer Laz. When someone wants Laz dead, it’s the perfect opportunity for Red to get close to protect the man he’s falling hard for.

Light on the angst despite some heavy topics, this was never short on the smexy and had some nice das
Susan
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, gbr, hurt-comfort, lgbtq
Unpopular opinion alert!

I loved the first book in this series and now I’m so disappointed I didn’t love this one. I can see why lots of people will probably like this, but for me it was just missing something.

I loved how Red and Laz met in the previous book, but that was actually the most interesting about their entire relationship. I was really interested in them in the first book, but here? Not so much.

Red and Laz met during a party at Colton’s in Love in Spades. It was there that Red rescued
Cadiva
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quality addition to the series

This is another great romance in the Four Kings series, focusing on former medic sergeant Red and fashion photographer Laz.

It was a lot less angsty than I was expecting from the blurb and Red's PTSD didn't play as big a part as I thought it would. The majority of the story plays out as a bit of a romantic suspense when someone tries to shoot Laz at a photo shoot.

I also have to say, of all the scenarios I was envisioning, the actual villain didn't come on my
*~*~*Hyperion & Interabang*~*~*
True rating ... 1.5 stars - rounded up because the sex scenes were hot!!
Look at my updates in the meantime; it explains why I did NOT like this book [and it was all Laz's fault]!! I'll probably paste my updates into this review!!

This book was a MASSIVE FAIL for me :-/!!
BWT (Belen)
Aug 07, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-fiction
Four Kings Security #2

Laz, who we first met in Love in Spades, returns as a main character in Be Still My Heart and finds himself needing Four Kings protection after someone tries to kill him during a photo shoot. Luckily for Laz, Red is there, once again, to make sure nothing bad happens to him.

The chemistry between Red and Laz in Love in Spades and becomes even more palpable in Be Still My Heart. They're perfect for one another, but they both have some baggage; Red's PTSD and Laz's trust issu
Debra
This was just a bit too sweet and fluffy for me. Between Red's PTSD and the prior abusive relationship Laz had been in, I think I expected a different feel to the story. Although I enjoyed the characters individually and the two had sexual chemistry, they didn't really excite me as a couple.

The relationship part takes the main stage again in the book, with the mystery of who is after Laz being secondary. There were a couple of things that didn't make sense to me with the wrapping up of that par
Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Shelves: m-m
So good. Charlie never disappoints
Santy
Red and Laz were perfect for each other and barring Laz's superhumanly athletic ability of jumping to conclusions, this book made for a very pleasant read.

There were a couple of typos here and there but, I still thought the story was pretty good. I really wished Bryan had gotten some on-page retribution levelled against him because my o my, he was such an unpleasant, nasty, vindictive, evil, little man. Sheesh.

I must admit I saw the bad guy coming from a mile away so I guess the mystery/investig
Bev
3 stars. Oh dear 😔. Not sure what happened there, but I even skimmed the story in parts. I found it rather [dare I say it] dull and ordinary?? We had mis-communication [Laz was a complete moron several times during the story], lots of bitchiness and cat fights from models and ex boyfriends, and a whodunit mystery which if you worked it out was quite obvious. There was still some good banter between the Kings but they mostly acted like teenagers and not adults, and whereas I quite enjoyed it in L ...more
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, lbr, ebook

In this second installment, we have Red and Laz, who met towards the end of Love in Spades when Red saved Laz after his then horrible bf caused Laz to slip and fall. This is a bit of an opposites attract sweet story. A bit sweeter than what I was hoping for, but that’s ok every now and then. However, this doesn’t have quite the fire of the previous book. It still has the same fabulous camaraderie that Ms. Cochet is so good at creating – giving readers a group of guys to get to know and love.

Thin
Chris
Shelves: military-crime, lgbtq
Red & Laz ... so sweet ❤ I’m enjoying the Kings, their camaraderie, loyalty diversity humor and this book highlights it all. Red, still suffering from his PTSD has been longing for Laz after radio silence for three months. Wondering what happened he continued on but harbored a little uncertainty. Thanks to the effervescent Ace, Red rubs into Laz and the story unfolds. It’s clear Laz didn’t want to be clingy so he kept away. Too many fears and worries, he figured he’d lost his chance. Well th ...more
Elsa Bravante
Del mismo estilo que el primero de la serie, no sé si es el estilo en general de la autora porque es lo único que he leído de ella. Un antiguo SEAL muy grande y muy pelirrojo y un fotógrafo, leo y leo y soy consciente de los clichés en cuanto a las profesiones, los latinos, las parejas homosexuales, pero no puedo evitar estar muy entretenida y reírme ante el OTT de algunas situaciones, he de confesar que incluso me han parecido muy monos xD. Creo que es una serie que si eres consciente de lo que ...more
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, kindle-unlimited
Mood totally affects my reading experience. There is just no way around it. This book is the perfect example. After the first book I just wasn't sure if this series was going to be for me but no, I enjoyed this so much more than I did the first and I know it was because I was in the mood for it. I needed a fun and easy over the top read and I knew Charlie's new series would deliver.

She delivered. I had a lot of fun with this one and it has totally made me invested in the team and anxious for eac
Amanda
The second book for Four Kings Security tone is quite similar to the first one. The team camaraderie is fun and a little over the top. These guys are so mushy and Ace is funny as ever and driving Colton crazy. This is Red and Laz book, which we meet them previously when Red saved Laz when he was hurt by his sleazy ex-boyfriend.

Red and Laz had lost contact for months, and once they meet again, it sorta like a whirlwind. The entire 50% of the book took place in just two days whereby Laz's life wa
Alex
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steamy
That was so adorable...
It seriously made me swoon...

description

I mean, really. I'm with Laz here. Can Red be more PERFECT??

So, A few months since the last book and that 'moment' between Laz and Red that has electricity go nuts around them.
Laz backed off because of his insecurity due to his piece of shit ex boyfriend.
While Red have no idea what to do and he starts to think that maybe he just imagined this 'thing' that happened between them...
Luckily Ace, Troublemaker extraordinaire, ambush them so they f
Natalie
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second volume of a romantic suspense series that offers moderate intensity, low angst and concentrates on the romances. Red and Laz initially connected in book one after a dramatic breakup for Laz. Picking up a few months later, Red meets up with Laz at a photo shoot just in time to rescue Laz from a sniper attack. Laz has no idea who might be after him so he holes up at Colt’s house for safety during the investigation where he and Red use the chance to begin building a relationship. ...more
Volha
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
** 3.6 stars **

The book was nice. I liked the camaraderie and the different personalities of all the guys from Kings Security. Laz and Red were cute together, their smexy times were passionate and steamy. I liked that! The fashion industry inner workings and back-stabbing ways were interesting and slightly intriguing. About 60% of the book felt kind of boring and way too mellow to me. I just couldn't get into the story. I expected at least the same level of intensity as in the first book which I
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
3-3.25 stars

Meh. I feel like I'm in a slump maybe. I'm not loving any books and it kind of sucks because this book was about Red and I loved Red in the first book. I still really love him. His story just made me want to hug him and never let him leave.

I'm going to make it my mission that maybe I'll come back to it one day and enjoy it more. But right now I just got really bored and started to skim.

An arc was provided in exchange for an honest review.
Stacy
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~5 Stars~
I Love this author and really don’t think it’s even possible that they could write a “bad” book. This book was Awesome, and I enjoyed it just as much as the first book in the series. You should definitely for sure read book one “Love in Spades” before you take a crack at this book though because Colton and Ace’s book is hilariously great as well; and you will get to know and learn some details from that book that will lead you right into this one.

I love all of the Kings we’ve met so far
Lisa
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an ok read. Liked book 1 better. I guessed who the guilty person was quite early on.
Joyfully Jay
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

Be Still My Heart is the second book in Charlie Cochet’s Four Kings Security series. We met both Red and Laz in that first book and got a glimpse of their attraction to one another, so I was excited to see their story here. This book has a lot of the same fun playfulness I enjoyed in the first book, with a nice sense of friendship and camaraderie among the characters and a strong sense of brotherhood from the Kings. I liked seeing the strength of their connections a
Kendra T
We saw some lovely attraction and tension between Red and Laz in Love in Spades, and I am so glad to see that it starts off present in this book as well. Of course, there is some meddling by Ace, but that makes it more awesome. Red is not working for Laz, so it definitely helps that there isn't the stress to make King blow his top (haha). I loved getting to know Red more and seeing him fight the nightmares/deal with PTSD with Laz by his side.

The mystery/story line in this book is carryover from
Daphne
Jul 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-read, 2018-books
I love the premise of this book and adored Laz and Red’s interactions in the last book. And a team of ex special agent security people are de facto hot - no doubt about that.

My main objection to this book is that the banter among the men just went too far as happened with this author and Dex in the later THIRDS Books. Witty banter adds so much, but when it’s done with too heavy a hand, the people seem annoying or... weird (and not quirky cute weird - just... weird). I don’t remember Ace being s
haletostilinski
4.5 stars!

This was really good! I was excited to delve into Red and Laz's story after their introduction in the first book.

Red is still recovering from being shot, so he still isn't back to work with King's Security quite yet. He hasn't seen Laz in months since he left Red's bedside when his best friends/brothers showed up, because Laz thought he was being a burden.

Laz, just getting out of an abusive relationship with Bryan, has some shit to go through in this book, and Red continues to - and
John-Torleif  Harris

I didn't really connect with either Red or Laz in this book. While I liked both characters in the previous book, and was excited for their story, I don't feel that either character actually got much growth in this book.

Red only had one episode with his PTSD (that we saw), and he was clearly concerned about its impact on their relationship, but nothing came of it in the plot.

Similarly, Laz was remarkably well adjusted after having been in such a long term abusive relationship with Bryan
Bo
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a disconnect for me for some reason. I was bored with the characters, and didn't feel a connection. This was another book where I knew who the bad guy was pretty early. I was disappointed the "amazing" security guys didn't even feel suspicious at all, or investigate more people. It was more than disappointing. I hope the next one is better.
I~❤️~Books
✮4 Stars✮
Diane Dannenfeldt
I absolutely loved it. Red and Laz were perfect for each other. The mystery was good, and I never figured out the bad guy. The misunderstanding that people were all upset about? I got it. It worked for me. I so totally didn’t feel like Laz overreacted because of what he had went through previously. I’m glad that it wasn’t dragged out either. I can’t wait for Lucky’s book, I can hear the fireworks already.
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

Four Kings Security (4 books)
  • Love in Spades (Four Kings Security, #1)
  • Join the Club (Four Kings Security, #3)
  • Diamond in the Rough (Four Kings Security, #4)