Start by marking “Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #2)” as Want to Read:

Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident

(Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #2)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  110 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Sassy and Waldo love school! Everything smells like meat and dirty socks! And they love being able to help Stewart.

When Stewart has to stay late after school for a Junior Office Supply Enthusiasts meeting, Sassy and Waldo are left alone to raid the cafeteria's refrigerator. As Sassy and Waldo's after school antics escalate, hilarity ensues as the two dogs start a club...by
Published January 29th 2019 by Scholastic

Be the first to ask a question about Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #2)
Rachel Harder
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing better than 2 Dogs- their loyalty to their owner, their love for meat and cheese, and their obsession with clubs. I loved this book so much. Waldo and Sassy did not disappoint.
Kimberly
Thank you @kidlitexchange and @scholasticinc for a review copy of this new middle grade, chapter book. All opinions are my own. Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident will release 1.29.19!!!

I read this book with my 8 year old daughter. She had recently bought the first book, Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School, and was excited to introduce me to Waldo and Sassy. This is such a fun concept for a book. The two main characters are dogs who follow their owner, Stewart, to school. One
Cindy
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun, silly installment!
KidlitUnderground
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mg-series
#kidlitexchange #parther - Thanks @kidlitexchange and @scholasticpress (with a little help from Julie Falatko and Colin Jack) for the Advance Readers Copy of the second book in this fun series!
Yippy dog Waldo standing on the shoulders of bulldog Sassy continue to disguise themselves as Salty. In Book #1, they followed their preteen master Stuart to school to make sure he wasn’t getting eaten by monsters. (Spoiler: none of Stuart’s teachers are nuns).

Unfortunately, Stuart is up against a worse f
Amanda
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 7-year-old dog fan gave this one "a high five stars" -- which is his highest award so far, for a book. I have to admit, this was a LOT of fun to read aloud and we are anxiously anticipating the arrival of our copy of the second in this series.

I read some of the other reviews, and please allow me to say, as a parent: NOT ALL BOOKS HAVE TO TEACH SOME MORAL LESSON!!! Jeesh, can't we just every now and then have some FUN? Plus, I seem to remember that in my college and graduate school years, som
Whatmykidsandiread Juli
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first of the TWO DOGS IN A TRENCH COAT series that I’ve read, and it was so great! Its such a funny premise for books: Waldo and Sassy are two dogs who wear a trench coat and pretend to be a student at Bea Arthur (ha!) Elementary so they can be with their boy, Stewart. 🐶

This is the 2nd book and this time around, the dogs START A CLUB BY ACCIDENT. Mostly because the they can’t ever figure out that a club isn’t a sandwich.
And they don’t want to join the Office Supply Enthusiasts Club w
RedPoppyReading
Dec 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident,” written by @julie_falatko and illustrated by @colinjackstories, is a pure delight. This comedy of errors had my seven-year-old, five-year-old and I laughing through the whole book! The main character is Salty, two dogs stacked on top of each other, who come to school as a human student to keep their human owner, Stewart, company. Salty accidentally starts a club (a club sandwich?) that focuses on activities of napping, eating and running in c ...more
Barbara
In this, the second in this humorous series, Sassy and Waldo continue to accompany their beloved human, Stewart, to school. They attend classes in a trench coat and are known as Salty, a transfer student. They love cafeteria food and learning new things. But mostly, they love being with Stewart. But when he joins an after-school club focusing on office supplies, something his parents love, the two canines have to find a way to stay busy while waiting for him. Naturally, they head to their favori ...more
Ms. Yingling
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Public library copy

Sassy and Waldo still love going to school (What? You haven't read Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go To School? GO DO THAT RIGHT NOW!) in order to make sure that their boy, Stewart, is safe. Of course, they also enjoy lunch (Meat! Cheese! Meat WITH cheese!) and doing homework, and everyone is completely convinced that they are a student named Salty from Liver, Ohio. When Stewart starts attending the Junior Office Supply Enthusiasts Club after school, Sassy and Waldo are willing to
Brenda
Aug 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Waldo and Sassy pick up on the fact that their boy, Stewart, is not thrilled about the club his parents signed him up for - Junior Office Supply Enthusiasts. As combined dogs/person, Salty tries to help makes things more exciting for Stewart, but a lack of snacks make that difficult for the dogs. While they are off in search of food they mistakenly start a club. Waldo and Sassy see it as an after school playdate, but to the other kids it is more - and there's a float and a parade involved. Fun!
Margaret Boling
6/17/2019 ~ Perfect for readers who are ready to move beyond Junior Fiction (i.e. Notebook of Doom and The Ghost Patrol); Waldo & Sassy (a.k.a. Salty) are hilarious. I can't wait to introduce this series to the readers in my elementary library. In addition to the humor, each book (so far) has a bit of a problem that the human character, Stewart, has to overcome. By the end of the story, he's figured out how to speak up for himself; in this case, he wants to be in a different club than his parent ...more
Kristen
Aug 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
If possible, this book was even funnier than the first. I just love the absurdity of it all. Who would really believe that two dogs in a trench coat are really a human boy? How can dogs talk? Are these people blind? None of that matters, because this story is played entirely for laughs. And frankly, that's just what a lot of kids want and need. Hilarious, well-written nonsense wrapped up in a zany plot.
Melissa Mcavoy
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3rd, 2019, 2nd, animals, humor
I loved the first book in this series, and read this one right after and was confused and underwhelmed. Maybe like humans and club sandwiches, (you have to read the book) there are only so many you can eat in a row before you need a break. I look forward to checking in with kids and finding out if they feel the same or if perhaps adults can only stand goofy, non-sequitur fun in small doses.
Dawn
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
One of my students gave me this book to read. He said, "This is really good. You have to read it."

I can see why he thought it was really good. It's silly and fun. Ever wondered what your dog is thinking? This book will give you insight into that! These dogs love their owners, meat, cheese and running in circles. Seems legit!
Marie
Mar 18, 2020 rated it did not like it
Putting aside the absurd pretense- that no one would notice two stacked dogs aren't a human student- every character in the book had the exact same sense of humor, and that was irritating. If you pulled a random quote out of the book, it could be any student speaking. Really long and not that great.
Pam
Mar 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: middle-grades
The humorm continues as Waldo and Sassy create an after school club to eat and run in circles. Elementary level readers will enjoy the concept of dogs attending school in disguise and fully participating in activities.
Clark
Jul 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very entertaining read, very fun and kid-like. I like how the dogs act, and how the kids look up to and like the dogs, while the dogs are just being themselves. Definitely recommend for an entertaining read.
Lizz Axnick
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-not-read
These books are so silly but they always make me laugh out loud. I look forward to the next one
Katelyn Patterson
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
We have laughed all the way through these books!
Audrey Day-Williams
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This whole series is HILARIOUS! I have recommended and gifted these books to so many people and it's seriously upped my cred.
Nora
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Someone in my family wrote this and it is such a funny story but you should read the first one to understand it fully. Also my dogs name is Jeffy because she took dog name suggestions
Marlee
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
So much fun! I read this aloud to my daughter, and she laughed out loud in almost every chapter. Hilarious characters and plot.
Sara
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I laughed and it was so lovely and I love the Can I Pet Your Dog references as well.
Lesley
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Not as good as the first one but Waldo and Sally are still excellent!
Caren
Jun 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Terrible. It would be so confusing for kids.
Kelly
Apr 12, 2019 rated it liked it
This is an easy-going series. Simple enough plot, silly story, and I think very relatable to the beginning chapter book reader.
Steph
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Awesome books, awesome author. :-)
Joelle
Nov 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
Cute story I'd recommend for 2nd-3rd graders. I think kids would think it was funny.
Viviane Elbee
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-books
The second book in the fantastically funny series about two dogs who disguise themselves as a human child to go to school. Kids really enjoy these and can’t wait for more.
Caroline
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Jeffy had our hearts! And Waldo and Sassy are so loyal.

• WeirDo (WeirDo #1)
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Along the Tapajós
  • Dory Fantasmagory
  • Witches in Training (Hex Vet, #1)
  • The Cardboard Kingdom
  • Pie in the Sky
  • Stick Dog (Stick Dog, #1)
  • Fenway and Hattie in the Wild (Fenway and Hattie #4)
  • Even Weirder! (WeirDo #2)
  • Rosie the Dragon and Charlie Make Waves
  • Katt vs. Dogg
  • The Dark Lord Clementine
  • We're Not from Here
  • Words on Fire
  • Spiky
  • Bear and Fred: A World War II Story
  • Wild Reptiles: Snakes, Crocodiles, Lizards, and Turtles (Wild Kratts) (Step into Reading)
Julie Falatko is a modern day gadabout with the ability to have deep and meaningful conversations with kitchen appliances, who can parallel park with an 87% success rate, and who writes stories about misunderstood animals trying to find their place in the world. Please hold your applause until the end.

Julie grew up in New Jersey, an only child surrounded by books. She decided at age 8 that she wan

Two Dogs in a Trench Coat (4 books)
  • Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go to School (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #1)
  • Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go on a Class Trip (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat, #3)
  • Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Enter Stage Left (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #4)