Start by marking “Antoni in the Kitchen” as Want to Read:
Antoni in the Kitchen

Antoni in the Kitchen

Antoni Porowski, the food and wine guru on Netflix's sensation Queer Eye, meets people where they live—literally. With appealing vulnerability, he shows cooks of all levels how to become more confident and casual in the kitchen. The verve and naturalness of his approach earned raves from Food & Wine and Bon Appétit to GQ and the New York Times, which noted his dishes ...more
Published September 9th 2019 by Rux Martin/Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

To ask other readers questions about Antoni in the Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Antoni in the Kitchen

Start your review of Antoni in the Kitchen
Rachel Reads Ravenously
Is this a cookbook or a thirst trap??

I’m not rating the cookbook. I flipped through it, and there was honestly maybe one recipe I could see myself making. But I kind of figured based on what Antoni cooks on Queer Eye never seems super appealing to me. But I think lots of people will love this cookbook.

Follow me on Facebook Blog Instagram Twitter
Tucker
May 17, 2019 marked it as not-released-tbr

Many thanks to Bridget at HMH for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

[12/10/19] - Congratulations, Antoni Porowski, on winning the 2019 Goodreads Choice Award for Cookbooks!

----------

i have it. now, i can stare at pictures of him in a not at all creepy way (just kidding it will very creepy)

----------

He's a cook and he's hot

| Goodreads | Blog | Pinterest | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram
Dash fan
Antoni in the Kitchen is a delicious cookbook that combines scrumptious recipes, modern twists, with a Heartwarming look into Antoni's life and his inspiration.

I loved the his top ten culinary Mantras. They are fun and do able lil tips. But most importantly don't bit too much pressure on cooking it should be fun.

I loved the chapter names.

Apps and Snacks
Green Veg and other sides
Soups and stews
Peas and rice
Weeknight healthyish
Animal
Bakes

A few examples of recipes
* slow roasted garlic
* radish in
Hannah Kane
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-nf, nonfiction
Will I make anything in this photoshoot of Antoni being hot in kitchens? I will not. But I sure enjoyed flipping through it.
Beth Polebaum
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
There are some good recipes in this book. (Try the turkey keftes!) I would have preferred more pics of the food and fewer of Antoni, cute as he is, lol.
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
A great read - Antoni shares with the reader memoirs from his childhood; family meal times and shares recipes that you will love. The best thing about the recipes is that the ingredient list is very specific - instead of saying a juice one lemon (this is one of my biggest gripes about some cook books - I grow citrus, the size of the fruit varies so much, so when a recipe calls for the juice of a lime or lemon or orange for example - what size are we talking? Antoni provides an actual measurement ...more
Nic
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
I don't usually read all the way through cookbooks, but I did this time. I mean, I didn't read the full recipe every single time - especially meat ones, since I wouldn't make those - but I read all of the recipe intros and all of Antoni's little cooking tips. Interesting, useful, and often cute and fun. I enjoyed it - and look forward to making some of the recipes! I'll try to remember to update my review once I've done so and can comment on how they turned out.
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

Antoni in the Kitchen by Antoni Porowski is a cookbook that is unlike any other that I have read. The recipes are fresh and fun, while the images and commentary will satisfy fans of the Netflix series, Queer Eye. It is an easy to follow book that contains a multitude of ideas for home chefs.

One of my favourite TV personalities, Antoni Porowski, has created the ultimate book for his fans. Even if cooking isn’t quite your thing, the cookbook has so many gorgeous
Emma
Jan 01, 2020 rated it did not like it
Bizarre. Very bizarre.

I don't really know who this guy is but I felt deeply uncomfortable by the 47 photos of him included in this cookbook featuring absolutely zero food but only him gazing longingly into the camera.

After finishing this, I reread the blurb hoping to assuage my confusion. I'm more confused. Casual? Half of these recipes call for artisan cheeses or other ingredients I can easily attain now that I live in a large city but let me tell you boy if I asked for Emmenthaler in my small
Camille
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit I don't know Antoni Porowski and I've never watched Queer Eye (I've heard of it though). So this isn't a fan review. I wanted to read this book because the recipes sounded interesting and different. Boy was I not disappointed!

The design of the book is beautiful, the photographs, fonts, etc, everything works perfectly in harmony. The recipes are original, varied and sound delicious. I would call them healthy but hearty, which is what I love. There are some cool tips and ideas as
Miss Susan
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
food photographs are super pretty but there's not a lot here i'd actually cook -- i think i snapped photos of maybe half a dozen recipes? also my man antoni does a lot more entertaining than i do, god as my witness, i do not and will not spend time making pretty appetizers the way he does, at most i'll do a side salad + dessert if i have company over

(on my own the dessert stays but otherwise, i don't believe in sides, when there's a salad on my table it's hearty enough to be a whole meal)

i was
Heather H.
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anything with a recipe for poutine is A++ in my book.
Mashiara
Dec 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sachbuch
I feel like I should only mark this read after having tried out every single recipe, but I want to share the joy. So. Much. Great. Food. Omnomnoms
Nicole Gaudier
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
I made some delicious recipes from this book! I like that Antoni stayed true to who he is as a cook & what he is interested in food wise.
The book also has beautiful images.
Sarah H
Dec 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I don't even know how to rate a cookbook...I made a bunch of the recipes. The pizza rice bundt cake thing was a big hit at Friendsgiving. There were as many pictures of Antoni as there were of food. The foreward talked about his personal history with food, but I thought it could have been much more personal. But this is a cookbook, not a memoir.
Rebecca Ann
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: a-cooking, adult
Swordfish is not paired-down, Antoni! I'm straight up only going to make this grilled cheese recipe because my version of paired down is a pack of ramen with frozen vegetables, but I was just here for the pictures of food and the fashion-model catalog of Antoni in different outfits.
my bookworm life
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was very kindly sent a copy of this book from the publishers via Instagram, all views are my own.

This is one of the best, if not the best, cookbooks that i own! , it has a bit of everything and it put together brilliantly! , the recipes look delicious and are so easy to follow too. It has a wide range of dishes to choose from, covering appetisers, snacks, pasta dishes, meat dishes, vegetable sides and bakes. I have made a few things from this book and found each one very easy to follow the
Sep 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: cook-books
I think I’d eat most everything in this book though I don’t expect to actually make any of the recipes.
Emily Beh
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
When I first got the book, I was very ready to give this a 3 although I love Antoni & Queer Eye, etc.. However, after I finished reading the book, it was very hard not to give it more. To give it any less would be so unfair. Yes, the recipes aren't fucking extraordinary/weird in the super cool ways like Adria or Redzepi, but there is so much effort and love put into this book (read it then you'll know what I mean; like fucking heart emojis coming at you). The book feels like the warmth of a ...more
Tara
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I got this book from the library a little before Thanksgiving and thought I might try a recipe to incorporate, but I didn't end up trying any of the recipes. The book starts with a short memoir-like introduction from Antoni and then a billion pictures of him, so many photos of him it's quite amusing. Since I'm vegan there weren't that many recipes that started out vegan, but I am usually fine adapting, there were a few I would have tried. I liked how he incorporates his polish roots and culture ...more
Maddie
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Am I allowed to say I read a cookbook? Because I really like this cookbook. It's super pretty, Antoni has great tidbits with each recipe and I feel comfortable trying at least a couple of these recipes. My one complaint is that he'll say something like "this was a very affordable dish I made as a broke college student" and then one of the ingredients will be something a regular college student 100% wouldn't be able to buy at, like, a Wal-Mart or Target or whatever. It's still an absolutely ...more
Aoife
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully illustrated, clear instructions and no esoteric ingredients; this is a wonderful cookbook for everyone from beginners to seasoned chefs. A great range of recipes and options; there's something for everyone in this book. I'll be spending most of my time in the Bakes chapter!

A great new cookbook, sure to become a family favourite.
Jenny Thompson
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Will I make many of these recipes? I did feel inspired to dump some frozen peas in some mac and cheese last night, so... not really, but sorta, I guess. Did I enjoy this cookbook? Very much. He definitely has a more comprehensively stocked local grocery store than I do, but at least he generally included easier to find substitutes for uncommon ingredients. The photography (as well as the main subject, of course) was beautiful.
Karrie Wagner
A picture book of Antoni in the kitchen or recipes from Antoni in the kitchen? Still out for debate. Thankfully Antoni is as delicious as his recipes so either way I'm thankful to have a copy in my kitchen.
Christina
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
The best part of this book is the gorgeous photos of the gorgeous Antoni (oh, and the food). I love that he incorporated personal stories and shared cooking tips along with recipes from his background. He can make more than hot dogs!
Mary
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every single recipe I’ve made from this cookbook has been amazing. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by simple recipes like the cauliflower steaks and the butter beans and tuna. He also has more complicated recipes like a lamb bolognese that blew my mind.
Shany Larouche
Oct 12, 2019 marked it as references
Shelves: books-i-own
I went to the last stop of the book tour of Antoni in the Kitchen in Montreal.
Super happy that I had the chance to see him talk about food live and noticing how passionate he is.
It's contagious! Excited to try some of these recipes.
BookishCrab
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
The guy can cook and I like the idea of foodie-memoir. . . also love the idea of tater-tot poutine. Nice photography, too.
Sydney
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by the writing and backstory Antoni provides in this book along with the recipes. The book and all the pictures are gorgeous!
Shvaugn Craig
Some really interesting recipes I'll probably try out this winter.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Over the Top: A Raw Journey to Self-Love
  • The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier
  • Happiness Is Baking: Cakes, Pies, Tarts, Muffins, Brownies, Cookies: Favorite Desserts from the Queen of Cake
  • Naturally Tan
  • Binging with Babish: 100 Recipes Recreated from Your Favorite Movies and TV Shows
  • Nothing Fancy: Unfussy Food for Having People Over
  • Rachael Ray 50: Memories and Meals from a Sweet and Savory Life: A Cookbook
  • Karamo: My Story of Embracing Purpose, Healing, and Hope
  • Indian-ish: Recipes and Antics from a Modern American Family
  • Mostly Plants: 101 Delicious Flexitarian Recipes from the Pollan Family
  • Cravings: Hungry for More
  • The Little Women Cookbook: Tempting Recipes from the March Sisters and Their Friends and Family
  • Zaitoun: Recipes from the Palestinian Kitchen
  • The Clean Plate: Eat, Reset, Heal
  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood: The Poetry of Mister Rogers
  • My Drunk Kitchen Holidays!: How to Savor and Celebrate the Year: A Cookbook
  • Bibliostyle: How We Live at Home with Books
Antoni Porowski is a Polish-Canadian Emmy award winning reality tv personality, actor, chef and model. He is known for his role as the food and wine expert in the Netflix series Queer Eye.