Start by marking “The Sinner and the Saint (Ellery Mountain, #8)” as Want to Read:
The Sinner and the Saint (Ellery Mountain, #8)

The Sinner and the Saint

(Ellery Mountain #8)

Army medic Ben Rockwell is in Ellery to work with the Veterans Center creating a new specialist unit for post-trauma care. Desperate to make amends for battlefield decisions he regrets, he is focused on the unit and nothing else. Until some stranger moves in next door and throws him a curveball. He’s no hero, even though everyone says he is, and the lies burn inside him.

Le
Published April 24th 2018 by RJ Scott (first published April 23rd 2018)

Cadiva
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure, when I heard RJ was heading back to Ellery Mountain, whether it would still be as good as the seven previous novella given that all the characters had been nicely getting on with their lives in Mickey's book.

But, I should have had faith as we get two new characters with links to the area who are another perfect fit into this small town with its close knit community and strong friendships.

I laughed out loud at the reference to long running British TV hospital drama Casualty, and I
Truuss
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, m-m
Gosh, what a lovely read this was.

Their first introduction to each other isn't a good one, they irritate each other to hell.

Ben, is an army medic, also works in a new burn unit in Ellery, which is his life goal.

Nick's life is a mess, he is hiding and living temporarily next door to Ben making things harder.

I snorted my drink more than once through my nose because, jeez, it was really funny at times.

Ben is demanding and calculating. When he and Nick are both in town at the same time, the
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
latest addition to Ellery mountain series, and it's as good as the previous books.
if you liked them, read this one too 😊
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Nick Merrick left England amidst of storm of media attention. Berated for breaking his engagement to the daughter of a prominent member of Parliament, and for being gay and participating in a sex tape scandal, he seeks out the anonymity of his friend Jason’s house in Ellery Mountain while he unwinds and takes time to assess where he’s going with his life. He doesn’t meet his sexy neighbor Ben until Ben reports a break-in at the house where Nick is staying. Not knowing Jason gave someone access t ...more
Anne Barwell
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, m-m
This is the first RJ Scott story I’ve read, and I really enjoyed it. Ellery Mountain is a series where each book centres on a different couple, yet those from previous books turn up in later books too. I love this kind of series as it brings with it a mix of meeting new people, yet still checking in on previous characters. As seems to be a trend with me of late, I’m starting with the latest book in the series so need to play catch up. Needless to say, jumping into the series at this point wasn’t ...more
DTM
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great read in this series!! I was a little concerned because it's been a while since I read the other books, but no worries at all as this can really be read as a standalone, but I highly recommend the entire series. There is some seriously awesome snarky banter in this book and the boys really work to get to their happy place. It's a hot, angsty read, which I love. My only issue, and it's just the way this series is written, is that once they get there, the book rushes to end even with ...more
Ruthie Taylor
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is a real treat for any Ellery Mountain fan ... a new story, with some lovely catching up along the way. I have read the whole series over the last few weeks and would recommend that you do the same, as it makes for a really rich experience, which this new book just tops off perfectly.

Somehow we get to meet back up with everyone, but also enjoy a feisty new romance. The first two occasions that these two men meet a
WycEd Reader
Check out our The Sinner & the Saint Blog Tour post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆☆
This is a real treat for any Ellery Mountain fan... a new story, with some lovely catching up along the way. I have read the whole series over the last few weeks and would recommend that you do the same, as it makes for a really rich experience, which this new book just tops off perfectly.

Somehow, we get to meet back up with everyone, but also enjoy a feisty new romanc
ButtonsMom2003
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
I love this series!

The Ellery Mountain series is set in the beautiful Smoky Mountains, a place that I have visited many times. With RJ Scott's exceptional description of the scenery in the fictional Ellery Mountain I had no trouble visualizing the place at all. Even if you've never had the good fortune to visit there you will enjoy the books because RJ's writing will allow you to easily imagine you are there.

One of the things I like about these books are that they are novella length stories. I r
ChaosMoondrawn
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
This story in the series revolves around an actor named Nick who is hiding out in Ellery due to a scandal so he can avoid the press. Ben, a veteran and a doctor, is in town temporarily trying to set up a burns unit extension to the center for veterans.

Although part of a series, you could read this alone since the author is good at recapping who each character is in a brief/concise way when they wander into a scene, but it is a lot of people to have thrown at you all at once. Just think of them a
Heather
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rj-scott, series
Ben Rockwell comes to Ellery to work with the Veteran's Center his friend Daniel Skylar started to help make amends for battlefield decisions by working with the Center's residents. Nick Merrick has come to Ellery to escape the paparazzi and the scandal he created back in England. Ben and Nick find themselves in each other's orbits and despite their plans will a couple of hook-ups lead to more?

I've missed the Ellery universe and the men within its city limits and the thought that this is the las
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

The first time British ‘It Boy’ Nick meets Ben, he’s wet, naked and about to be arrested. The relationship does get better but it takes a while for the aristocratic actor and the military doctor to find their feet.

Both Nick and Ben are pretty typical romance novel leading men. Ben is a veteran with PTSD working to set up a clinic to treat wounded servicemen. He is selfless and just a little bit lonely. I loved Ben, but Nick is
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
4 Stars!

Nick Merrick practically escaped from London to hide in Ellery at his friend's home hoping that by the time he's ready to go back, the huge scandal of him leaving his fiancée because he's gay has died down. But things aren't quite so cut and dry and he's not a bad guy.

Ben is rattled when a stranger moves in next door to him, and after calling the police on him, they don't exactly start things off in the right way. However, the attraction is there and since Nick is only staying in Ellery
Josh Dale
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: struggles, romance
The story starts with Nick in hiding from the press, Hiding out in Ellery mountain at his friend’s house.
We also have Ben who is looking after Jason’s house (Nicks Friends). So, we start with Ben believing that Jason’s is being burgled and calls the police. This mishap causes irritation between them. There is a spark between them and in a way they both share similar problems.
Nick is hiding from the press after making suggestions to the press, that there is a sex tape of him cheating on his wife.
Lora
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars

Ben and Nick meet in unusual circumstances - Nick’s just out of the shower without even a towel and Ben is protecting his friend’s house which he thinks Nick is an unwelcome guest in. Needless to say, they aren’t great friends, but they are attracted to each other...will the instant sparks lead to more than desire?

I enjoyed this story as I have all of the Ellery Mountain stories. There isn’t a great deal of angst and the characters were both easy to fall for. I hated how they th
R
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Nicholas Merrick comes to Ellery, Tennessee to hide. A B list action movie star hiding from the world after he jilted his fake fiancée/best friend. Scandal following him. After a misunderstanding with local police and a hot medic, his life settles in to small town gossipy life.

Ben Rockwell is in Ellery to facilitate building a Veterans burn clinic. Hiding from what he considers the sins of the past. He never expected to find a beautiful intriguing man to call his own.

They start out as sex partne
Jenn
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’m so glad we get to back to Ellery Mountain and meet two new characters and be a part of their journey! Not that these two have the best start, but hey, they work it out! I really enjoyed this read, it was a great mix of emotion and chemistry and love too! It may take these two a minute to figure it out but once they do there’s no looking back for Ben and Nick!

Both Ben and Nick are running from a part of their lives, Ben trying to escape the guilt he’s left with from his time in the military a
Terri
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
There are so many great couples in this series, but I worried at first about this one. Ben and Nick didn't make a good first, second, or even third impression on each other. Soon, though, I was rooting for them. The neighbors with benefits setup had some intensely hot moments, and the slowly growing friendship was great. I loved the way they slowly began to trust each other. I also enjoyed the glimpses of some of the other couples from the prior books. These men are like friends, and it's great ...more
Amy
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I loved this book! Ben is a veteran and doctor in Ellery and wanting to make up for things that happened when he was in the war. No relationships. Then he meets Nick, movie star, running from scandal across the pond. Nick was the same, no relationships, hook ups only. But when one thing leads to another, those feelings start, emotions start becoming involved and soon they can’t get enough of each other. Can their past be left behind and a future be what they need and want together?

RJ Sco
GundiRo
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The 4 stars are for the description of the scenery and the coming up of the "old" heroes mainly. It's a nice story but with just changing the sex scenes everything could easily have happened between a female and a male.
Laurel Looney
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever been to Ellery Mountain? If not you definitely need to go especially after reading The Sinner & the Saint. You need to go meet all of these amazing guys. This story may be my favorite from this series. I mean Nick and Ben are absolutely amazing together even when they weren’t getting along. Please take the trip to Ellery Mtn or if you’ve already been there be sure and go back for another visit with The Sinner & the Saint.
Dan
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a lovely book! Wonderful characters, and so sweet! I wish we had more details about Ben's life in the army, and Nick's family, but from then on I loved everything of it
LeeAnn
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Once again Rj Scott has introduced us to two men, men she has come to know well , and made them a part of a group of men we will love, root for, and enjoy reading their story.
Their beginning did not start well, but soon the attraction grew, the connection grew and then love was finally allowed into the equation. The sexy Brit and the sexy ex military doctor. Both fighting things in their lives, but they find they can depend on each other in the hard times to have each others back. This was a wo
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
The Sinner and the Saint is the eighth book in the Ellery Mountain series, and we meet with Nick and Ben. Nick is an actor, by way of rebelling to his silver spoon family. Ben is an army medic, dealing with his own form of PTSD. Both of them are in Ellery for reasons of their own (which the reader finds out as the story moves along.)

Whilst I have thoroughly enjoyed this story, I nevertheless felt a slight disconnect with both characters, but Ben mainly. He gets together with Nick just as a hook
Bo
May 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a Tad Below Standard

I love this series--each of the couples have come together in serendipitous and wonderfully compatible ways, and each of them is a whole person. This edition, while living up to the usual angst and commitment to further the goals of the various rehab and medical ventures, misses a couple of marks for me.

Nick, the spoiled and wealthy and guilt-ridden Brit actor who escapes to Ellery Mountain, and Ben, the possible PTSD doctor who goes there for reasons that are also guilt
Valerie
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed getting to know both Ben and Nick. They both have things that they are running from, but their attraction from the start is off the charts. And the way they meet is very original and the secondary characters are wonderful. Although they gave into their desires at first and truly don't think about a relationship, once they start to get to know one another, both men develop feelings and I loved the ending. It's a sweet story and I enjoyed getting to know this world.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to his good friend Jason, Nicholas Merrick, a wealthy British actor, has found a hiding place in Ellery, Tennessee. Nicholas is hiding from the paparazzi, thanks to a scandal he himself concocted to help his best friend. Jason owns the mini-mansion where Nick is hiding—which Nick has forgotten to let anyone know.

Dr. Ben Rockwell served as an Army medic in the Afghanistan war. He had to make some very difficult choices during the war and now suffers from his own form of PTSD, especially gu
Laurie
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve miss the gang in Ellery Mountain. So I’m glad we got to go back and visit. This book is another wonderful addition to the series.

Nick is a good guy. He’s from old money, and an actor. He’s doing what he can to get out of a bad situation, marrying a family friend, Heather. But she’s now met the love of her life and is pregnant. Neither family will accept this. So Nick makes a statement to the press about being gay and becomes the fall guy. Hiding from the press, his family and everyone else
Mainely Stories
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm joining this party late but fortunately, when reading a series, you can always go back to the beginning and that is what I will most certainly do because this story was yummy.  The beginning was smoking hot and the story really never cools off.

We have the doctor, former Army medic and the British actor from a conservative family who feel that they have the right to plan his life and direct the show.   Ben, the Army medic, is considered a hero by the townspeople as he saved the life, during
Gillianpaytonhotmail.Com
Brilliant addition to the Ellery Mountain series

I loved this book, bringing back much loved characters and a few new ones, this is the story of Ben and Nick. Both men running from their pasts, meet and decide on a casual relationship, before moving on. But the more time they spend together, the more they want to be together. But when Nick's last comes barrelling back into his present will their growing relationship survive. A great read and thoroughly recommended
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A USA Today bestselling author, RJ Scott has published over one hundred novels after discovering romance in books at a very young age. She realized that if there wasn’t love on the page, she could create it in her head, and has become a lifelong writer.

She lives and works out of her home in the beautiful English countryside, spends her spare time reading, watching films, and enjoying time with her

Ellery Mountain (8 books)
  • The Fireman and the Cop (Ellery Mountain, #1)
  • The Teacher and the Soldier (Ellery Mountain, #2)
  • The Carpenter and the Actor (Ellery Mountain, #3)
  • The Doctor and the Bad Boy (Ellery Mountain #4)
  • The Paramedic and the Writer (Ellery Mountain #5)
  • The Barman and the SEAL (Ellery Mountain #6)
  • The Agent and the Model (Ellery Mountain #7)