Start by marking “Kessy Lane” as Want to Read:

Kessy Lane

A slowly unraveling mystery of a girl’s disappearance and wild rumors about what may have happened. A group of friends, a weekend, a cabin by a lake—what could go wrong? The problem is that twenty-one-year-old Kessy is missing. She drove up with the group, she arrived, and then . . . she disappeared into the dark fog. In this slowly unfolding mystery, the question of Kessy ...more
Published July 17th 2018 by Novel Page Productions

To ask other readers questions about Kessy Lane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kessy Lane

Start your review of Kessy Lane
Julie
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I floundered through most of this. I was expecting s mystery but it was a hodgepodge of opinions and thoughts. There were so many points of view that I couldn’t connect with any of the characters and quite frankly didn’t care what happened to them. I almost gave up part way through but kept going, hoping some huge revelation would occur but alas, it did not happen. #NetGalley
Sya
Oct 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
I only managed half of this book and even that was a struggle. The writing and grammar are awful and the multiple points of view and disjointed storytelling make it really hard to read. Nice premise, terrible execution.
Debbie Vedder
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: never-again, 2019
I had to skim over a lot of this book just to get through it. This is a book about a group of friends that went to a cabin by the lake looking for a friend who went missing. The introduction of all the characters was very awkward and repetitive. The desciption of the dude's hoodie exceeded the description of the dude himself. Character development was poor. I didn't like any of these people. They all showed utter disregard for the safety and whereabouts of their friend, it was almost ...more
Erin Hudgens
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’m sorry, but I didn’t like this book at all. I was confused from the get go. And for so many reasons.
The names-Tracy, Trever, Jon, Josh, Chris, Christy, Kessy and Cory confused the heck out of me. No definite character anything’s to be able to tell them apart.
The characters were unlikable, or just not memorable.
The plot was like those comedy skits where people go in and out doors and always miss each other somehow. For almost the entire book.
The two groups were instantly volatile towards
Christina Marie Reads
Jul 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
I was rather disappointed with this one. The writing style and story telling was quite painful to follow. Right off the bat, you have no idea what's going on. Character details are practically non-existent and yet you know exactly what they are wearing to the point where you are told that the jeans are blue (no, really?) Like someone else mentioned - great premise, terrible execution.
Dorie
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
By Don R. Goebel
2018
A Novel Page/ Itasca Books

A night hanging out with friends. A cabin in the woods. Except Kessy Lane has disappeared into the fog, and there are few clues, but they know she was wearing a pink hoodie when she disappeared, Broken bottles.....drunken fights....Kessy's disappearance almost gets lost, But she is gone. Photos are not much help.....will they ever find her?
This is a slow ride, but the build is so good. Great story and delivery. Highly Recommended.
Thanks
Book Smeller Jessica Prien
Aug 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
Written by Don R. Goebel
Rating – 1/5
Genre – Suspense, Thriller, Mystery

Friends hanging out at a cabin in the woods. It’s all fun and games, until Kessy vanishes. The only detail anyone can remember was the fact that Kessy was wearing a pink hoodie. Her friends are concerned and decide to approach the next cabin over. The group staying in this cabin are not friendly and when approached about Kessy a fight breaks out. One of the girls in the cabin is wearing a pink hoodie that resembles
Lisa M
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you Goodreads for a copy of Kessy Lane. A simple camping trip turned upside down when 21 year old Kessy goes missing. Twists and turns throughout ... not my favorite book because I had a difficult time keeping track of the groups of people but overall a good read!
Karen Seibert-Combs
Oct 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I had a difficult time reading this book. It revolves around 2 groups of young adults who rent cabins in a remote wooded area. Staying in cabin one is a small group of 7 friends. Cabin two has a large group of young adults, a lot of random strangers that show up for a wild week-end of booze and drugs. The first evening a girl from cabin one gets lost in the fog filled woods. A person from cabin two invites her in to their cabin. She tries to blend in with the crowd and not call attention to ...more
David
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very cool thriller.

Will add more to this review later.

5/5
Kathy Stasa
Sep 22, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was a struggle to read. A group of friends goes to a cabin in the woods. Kessy, one of the friends gets lost on the first night. The friends think she may have gone to another cabin nearby where something happened to her. The friends go to the other cabin over and over again to find Kessy and get in fights with the occupants of the other cabin, return back to the main cabin, re-group and return again to the other cabin numerous times to find Kessy. This goes on and on. Too many ...more
Lydia Wallace
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great book. What was suppose to be a fun trip with a group of friends staying in a cabin turns into a horror when twenty-one year old Kessy turns up missing. Her brother suspects she got lost in the fog and ended up in the cabin down the road where a lot of drinks and drugs are being used by a large group of wild people. A Polaroid photo surfaces which seems to show a girl in a pink hoodie which is what Kessy was wearing when she disappeared. Kessy's brother and friends panic and storm over to ...more
Debbie Schiedel
Nov 24, 2019 rated it did not like it
Thank you to Goodreads!!! I really appreciate the chance to read every book I win. This book however was a major disappointment. I was very excited for a mystery but this was a hodgepodge of people all with similar names: I couldn't tell them apart. Characters were not developed well at all. I did not form any kind of a bond with anyone in the story. Only emotion I felt was annoyance, especially with Kessy. Story jumped around a lot time wise and from multiple perspectives. In the end, I ...more
Alexandra D.
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
I struggled with the style and with the names as well (more characters had similar names so it was hard for me to keep track who is who). Also, it started out very slowly, and to me it's hard to continue reading when the story seems boring and nothing grabs my attention. The same questions and conversations reappeared again and again, and it was annoying. This book is not for me sadly.

Thanks for the ARC copy.
Rhi G
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The book started a little slow for Me but started picking up in the middle. The details are pretty vivid which makes it easy to picture everything going down. It was mysterious and left you wanting to know what would happen next. I do like that you got to read through different perspectives unfortunately the characters were very unlikeable and I didn't connect to any of them(maybe laura) I also got some of the characters mixed up not remembering who was who.

Won this in a goodreads giveaway.
Johnny Wimmer
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
We recieved this book in a Goodreads giveaway, and it was good. The book centralized around a missing person, Kessy, who the other characters spent most of the book searching for. Definitely a unique cabin mystery, that enters psychological proportions for missing persons. Nice easy read, and I liked the endng, you will have to read to find out!
Sasha
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
First I would like to state that I have received this book through the Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. I would like to thank the author for giving me this opportunity and honor in being able to read this book. When I received this book I began reading it at once. I enjoyed the authors writing style. This book was an interesting read.
Sharon
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately I found this story both disappointing and difficult to read. While I did finish reading the book, the abundance of characters and a back and forth questionable storyline created a desire to discontinue reading during my experience.

I extend my thanks to goodreads and the book's giveaway sponsors for the opportunity to obtain and read a copy of this book.

2.5 star read.
Dana Scott
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
I never felt like I was sucked into this story. It started suddenly, brief descriptions of characters but tons of dialogue between characters. Hard to follow a lot of the time. A girl goes missing and two groups of strangers deal with it in completely different, but abnormal ways.
Patty
Oct 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Kessy Lane by Don R. Goebel is a Young Adult mystery book. Friends spend a weekend in a cabin on a lake. When 21 year old Kessy goes missing, her brother and friends try and solve the mystery of her disappearance. This book was very interesting it has so many twists and turns. It also had a very unique plot line. It took me awhile to sort out all the characters, I found it a little confusing. I recommend this book for people looking for a unique thriller.

I received an ARC copy of this book from
Kayly
May 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
I struggled with the writing, a couple of the characters had very similar names and it bounced around which made it tough to follow so I gave up.

It may be excellent for someone willing to spend a little more time with it but it wasn’t for me.
Brenda
Jun 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
A weekend of fun turns into something VERY different.
It took a while to get into the flow of this book as it jumped around between characters. It helped that the font changed depending on the character.
This was a goodreads giveaway win.
Maria
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaways
I was waiting for the mystery but it never really happened. It was really just too many point of views that were difficult to keep straight. I found myself not knowing what was happening and had to reread to understand were the story was at.
Amanda Martaus
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Hard to follow and hard to truly get connected to the characters.
Kathleen  Conrad
Aug 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Thank you Goodreads, I was happy to receive this copy due to winning it. It took me a while to read it. This was not my favorite but I enjoyed it.
Mary Fenton
Jul 26, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: giveaways
I could not finish this book. It was poorly written.
Terra Lewis
Nov 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Terrible
Stacy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I couldn’t even get halfway through this book. The storyline is so confusing and the constant change in character point of view makes it super hard to follow.
Kathy Webb
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
I won this book in a GoodReads giveaway - thank you to everyone involved.
This book is a really good thriller - I enjoyed it - it's an easy to read book.
Michele Hopkins
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Somewhat confusing, strange, and jumbled. Needed to be workshopped or heavily edited before being published like this. Good thoughts about story but executed poorly.

• Diamond City (Diamond City, #1)
  • How Quickly She Disappears
  • Carnegie Hill
  • The Grammarians
  • The Nightjar
  • Harbour Street (Vera Stanhope, #6)
  • The Topeka School
  • Hidden Depths (Vera Stanhope, #3)
  • The Good Dog
  • Mr. Know-It-All: The Tarnished Wisdom of a Filth Elder
  • Salvation Day
  • Supper Club
  • A Hero Born (Legends of the Condor Heroes #1)
  • Kingdom of Exiles (The Beast Charmer, #1)
  • Telling Tales (Vera Stanhope, #2)
  • The Falconer
  • Silent Voices (Vera Stanhope, #4)
  • Mother Knows Best