Start by marking “Crooked Raven” as Want to Read:
Crooked Raven

Crooked Raven

(Otherworld #1)

“Sometimes you must let go of who you were to
embrace what you could become.”
“And if that damns me to Hell?” she asked.
He smiled. “Then we shall meet again.”

There is an island that protects the young not because they are lost, but because they were taken. The Island of Oneiroi is not a mere destination for children and dreamers – it’s a sanctuary for the murdered and venge
Published June 26th 2018 by Talis Jones

To ask other readers questions about Crooked Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crooked Raven

Start your review of Crooked Raven
Lili  Marcus
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
This book is really fascinating. The plot is certainly original. Yes, I did feel a vibe of Peter Pan while
reading still the whole idea of Oneiroi as a detour to afterlife is really unique. When I first read the synopsis, I thought this series is very promising and I’m happy to say that it delivered. I was hooked the moment that mysterious stranger showed up to take Adrianna’s brother. More hooked when the term, ‘Whisper’ was mentioned and I knew by then I’m off to a great read and deep explorati
Angela Cuéllar
pooled ink Reviews:
4.5 Stars

Crooked Raven launches a breathtaking tale of two siblings who will fight through Hell to save one another. Flowing with beautiful prose and a plot that both burns and delights, this is a must read for fantasy lovers.

It's a bit Peter Pan meets Game of Thrones in Narnia, which of course had me excited haha
Lauren James  (storied.adventures)
Full review on my blog, Storied Adventures

A fantasy story that feels part Peter Pan and part Alice in Wonderland (Specifically the Queen of Hearts).

Really fun and interesting story and characters. The writing itself was beautiful but the execution was a little hard to follow sometimes. Like, one minute they would say they were going to do something, then the next they did a whole other thing. I am still interested in reading the rest of the series!
Cecily Wolfe
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully written fantasy with believable characters that really explores what it means to be a hero, as well as love for family. Adrianna is easy to cheer for, and the story is, while bearing a very classic feeling, unique and refreshing. I'm definitely on board for book two!
Debbie  Victorino
WOW

This was a really good book. It had a great storyline and strong characters. It was very well written. And once you start reading it your hooked. It will grab you and not let go. There is an island called Oneiroi and it protects the young. It is where the murdered go and vengeance is served. Adrianna foster brother died. She finds out she can take her brother to this island. But is it a good choice? Will they be safe? Or will this be the end? A definite must read I highly recommend!!
Sarah Price
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
A fantastic book worth the read for the delightful story, comforting plot line, and an unconventional main character thrown into a world where a war is looming across the island of Oneroi. She wants to become a hero with the ultimate fighting skills and stamina, however becoming the hero isn't as easy as she thought it would be, it seems it takes a lot of work to become the hero.

So to conclude If you love a good fantasy story with war, pirates and corrupt crowns, then you must read this book yo
Kelly
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely recommend this book! How would you love to go to an island if you have died violently and be able to go seek your vengeance? This book had an unbelievable storyline and enjoyable characters!
Rendz
Oct 16, 2019 added it
DNF @ 40%
No star rating bc I feel like that requires making it past the half way point.

This book was just not for me. I tried to appreciate some of its aspects, like the Narnia reference, but I just didn't find myself enjoying it. I didn't really care for any of the characters, or the world, or the politics. The world itself was a little confusing. The magic system was probably the only thing that kept me reading for that long. But in the end I didn't feel present while I was reading, it was jus
Jordan
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Find this review at Forever Lost in Literature!

Crooked Raven is an imaginative tale set on the Island of Oneiroi, a place where children are protected and that acts as a bit of a different sort of afterlife for many. There is definitely a very Peter Pan sort of vibe from the story, but Jones makes this story wholly unique and full of adventure. Still, there is a bit of a classic overtone that lingers throughout the book in the best way possible and that really drew me in.

For some reason, however
RDCooper
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: talis-jones
Enjoyable read. Well put together. The island is certainly full of adventure. Can't wait for the sequel.
Claire Sholar
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Most amazing book I’ve ever read! Truly original and filled with exciting plot twists. This is a must for your to-read list! 10/10 recommend!
RDCooper
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Fun to read, I couldn't put it down. The characters are well developed and interesting to follow through the story.
Whisper
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Interesting, intriguing, and different from what I was expecting. At some points it got confusing for me because I wasn’t sure who’s point of view I was reading from but overall a very good book.
Danny Wilkerson
rated it did not like it
Jun 26, 2018
Janet Marugg
Nov 18, 2018
Megan
Nov 29, 2018

• The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)
  • Romanov
  • Sea of Darkness (The Vampire Pirate Saga #1)
  • Trick of Shadows (Daughter of Darkness, #1)
Talis Jones is a Mexican-English author of magic and mischief. Graduated Suma Cum Laude with a degree in Theatre she has explored both stage and film, now finding herself drawn towards the literary world as a new venue for storytelling.

Dog mom, Broadway enthusiast, and life-long bibliophile, Talis currently resides in North Carolina.

Find out more about Talis and her books at www.talisjonesofficia

Otherworld (3 books)
  • Carrion Crow
  • Wings of Ruin

News & Interviews

“The truth is a myriad of perspectives. None false to its owner, yet none true to its neighbor. Not quite. Not exactly.” 1 likes
“Followers, soldiers, supporters. I have them all in vast numbers. But friends? They're a different sort of beast I am still learning to hunt.” 0 likes