Start by marking “Hunt the Moon” as Want to Read:
Hunt the Moon

Hunt the Moon

(Mated by Fate #1)

Who’d think to bring silver bullets to a wedding? When Isabelle “Izzy” Meyers arrives in Montana and discovers her human foster brother is marrying into the local werewolf pack, she wishes she’d brought an arsenal. Werewolves can’t be trusted, and Izzy should know…she is one.

Luke Wyland never planned on becoming an Alpha. He’s still navigating how to protect the pack from
Published June 11th 2018 by Carina Press

Sandra "Jeanz"
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
REVIEW
I like to try new authors and when I found this book by Kari Cole I wanted to read it. The blurb had me intrigued.

I would say the cover depicts the characters of Luke Wyland and Isabelle Meyers, there is also a full moon in the background of the cover behind the two shifters.

The genres listed for this book include Romance, Sci-Fi, and Fantasy which fit the book very well.

The books central characters are Isabelle and Luke. Isabelle has lost both her parents in an incident many years ago in
Heather andrews
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well now, Luke isnt one to hold back his thoughts, “what?” Luke asked. “That’s not possible.” Could Isabelle have survived this long on fruit and vegetables? “Is this why you look half-starved?” he blurted." Luke just loves to tease his woman, "his eyes glimmered with amusement. “Fine . Fine. I’ll turn my back. You don’t have to, though. I’m not shy.” There are times Luke has trouble processing things, “what?” Maybe he was having a stroke, because he didn’t seem to be processing language very we ...more
Cara Connelly
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My new favorite paranormal author!!
I was lucky enough to score an advance copy of Hunt the Moon, and even before I got through the first chapter I was in love with the Alpha hero! His Mate was, shall we say, more reluctant to surrender to his charms. Lol! But when she did it was super sweet and smokin’ hot all at once. The suspenseful plot kept them on their toes from start to finish, and the secondary characters—like the sexy sheriff Vaughn—definitely need their own stories please! All in all,
Eva Millien
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just visited a brand new world by debut author Kari Cole. This promising new shifter world – Marked by Fate – is well developed with strong, enthralling characters that easily draw readers in and invite them to stay. Kari Cole brought her world to vibrant life with well written descriptions that made it easy to picture the each and every scene as it happens and made it easy for the readers to imagine they are part of the story.

The hero and heroine, Luke and Izzy, of the first book – Hunt the
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Hunt the Moon by Kari Cole is the story of Isabelle “Izzy” Meyers and Luke Wyland. Izzy has come to Montana for her 'brother's wedding. When she arrives with him she quickly learns he is marrying a werewolf shiftier and that he has become a part of their 'pack'. Izzy too is a Shiftier but she and her twin sister were taught to hide it because they were monsters. It impacted them so much that when they finally were so mistreated by their grandmother they fought back when they were around 12 years ...more
Christy Hovland
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exceptional Read

I don’t generally read paranormal romance, and this is my first shifter novel since *gasp* Twilight. I freaking loved Hunt the Moon. Every word. Cannot wait for the next in the series!
Angel Hatfield
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luke wondered who would have thought being Alpha would involve so much paperwork. A truck rumbled out of Townes Aviation. Luke’s cousin Dean barged into the conference room wearing his deputy sheriff uniform. Fifteen months ago four of their packmates including Dean's sister and Luke’s father were murdered. Then Dean said said they had another missing person - a human - Eric Conroy who was the county clerk. No one had seen Eric since he left work yesterday. Dean said he had a bad feeling and so ...more
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

4 Stars

Kari Cole is a new-to-me author. Not realizing this was the first in a new series, there were a few times I thought I was reading a continuation and just rolled with it instead of being confused. Now that I know it's the first book, I wonder if this is a spin-off of another series? There was slight confusion, as backstories were told as if the reader experienced it firsthand in another book, with most of the pack already
All Things Urban Fantasy
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed-by-kim
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

It’s great to find a book where characters suffer hardships without becoming martyrs. Many urban fantasy characters are products of their horrible, violent upbringing and are horrible and violent because of it. HUNT THE MOON is about healing, about having the capacity to heal yourself and heal others. It’s about family, both the one you are born to and the one you choose; it’s about accepting who you are.

Luke is the new Alpha of his pack, but he doesn’
Jaycee Jarvis
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An emotionally engaging shifter romance with a thoroughly swoon worthy hero. The heroine's heartbreaking backstory was handled with the depth and compassion reminiscent of Catherine Anderson. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Jeanne Estridge
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read the first 48 pages of this book as a contest judge a couple of years ago. It has such a strong beginning that, when I discovered Md. Cole had submitted only 48 pages and not the full fifty, I was pissed. I wanted those two more pages, darn it!

It finally got published and I just finished reading it. The completed book fulfilled the promise of those initial pages. There are lots of candidates for bad guy, but I didn't manage to choose the right one. Because she does a good job of keeping th
Bookish
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.

I Voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Ok before we even get into this let me just say, oh my freaking god wow. I have never, and I mean never, liked a debu
Saly
Feb 17, 2019 rated it liked it
A decent shifter book with a hero who is a reluctant alpha, a mass conspiracy and the hero meets his mate in the midst of this. Our heroine is a abused, terrified tough-ass ex army Captain who has tried to stifle her were heritage as she was abused for it. Not too bad.
Jamiewillis3524gmail.com
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't usually read paranormal books, they just aren't my thing. However, I loved this book! Hunt the Moon, takes a deep look at abuse, self loathing, and bigotry. I found muself crying at one point. It was a joy to watch Luke help Izzy come to terms with who she really is. I will definitely read the next installment by Kari Cole. I highly recommend reading Hunt the Moon.
Dylann Crush
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don't typically read shifter novels but based on the recommendation of a fellow author, I had to dive in. I'm glad I did... I thoroughly enjoyed Luke and Izzy's story. I couldn't wait for the secrets of their pasts to unravel and appreciated the fact that Izzy was a fighter to the end. I'll be looking for more from Kari Cole! :)
Chris
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great New twist on shifters

I love this book. The story is compelling and the characters...so very wonderful! Ms. Cole tells a great story that will keep you chomping at the bit until the end. I can't wait for Book 2!!!
Jeannie Zelos
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Hunt the Moon, (Mated by Fate 1), Kari Cole

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance, Sci-fi and Fantasy

I enjoy paranormal romances, so this appealed. I did feel at first as if I'd made a mistake as it seemed to be rather cliché ridden and I thought it was going to be one of those where frankly the romances are more or less the same and only the characters and settings change. As the story continued though I found I was wrong, it took its own path, and was a decent read.
I did find Iz
Stacy
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I very much enjoyed HUNT THE MOON

I really felt for Izzy. Learning about her life and the role that being a shifter played in her past was heartbreaking. It was easy to connect with her and feel her pain as she fought the beliefs and habits that were tortured into her. Even when she was scared out of her mind she was there for those that needed her and was willing to put herself in harm's way quite often. I really loved how Luke treated her and stood by her even though she pushed him away. I also
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
www.instagram.com/twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv

Hunt the Moon by Kari Cole
I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.
I found out about this book from another author at a book convention. I mentioned I loved paranormal and boom she hooked me up with the author info!!
Again, I am a huge paranormal girl and can be a little picky so trying
Demetra
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
September ‘18 favorite

I’m really a newbie in PNR romance. This book was a recommendation by a fellow blogger @ Bookish Creation blog and I’m so glad that I picked it up. This is only my second shifter romance and I definitely loved it!!

I don’t know where to start! I loved everything about the book. What makes it even more amazing is that this is the author’s debut novel, something I didn’t know till I finished it 😮

Luke and Izzy, such an explosive and perfect match! Luke is the Alpha in the pack
Carly
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-received
A fun first installment in a brand new shifter series! The action really picks up towards the end of the book (and the story hints at a greater shifter conspiracy at work, which is always one of my favorite tropes in PNR), and the romance is both fun and moving. Isabella is an abuse survivor, and the story deals thoughtfully with her recovery when she finds herself falling for the Alpha of the pack. Luke might be a wolf Alpha, but he's not the kind of pushy overbearing Alpha hero you might expec ...more
Dawn Liddle
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy to read and review for wicked reads review team.

I felt this story was a little slow to start but once it did I really enjoyed it.

It's full of angst and heartbreak, you feel it as you go through the journey with Izzy.
I enjoyed that the second half of the book kept me on my toes, so many twists and turns.

I liked Izzy as a character, all she had been through and she still refused to be victim or back down even though she was terrified.

The chemistry between her and Luke w
poppy
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A great start to the series and a really good well-written shifter book. This was a really good romance and I enjoyed getting to know the characters it held my interest and kept me reading with an action-packed storyline. I really enjoyed Izzy and Luke's story and cannot wait for the next book
Melonie Johnson
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: rebelles, mermaids
A fast-paced action-packed story that still made time for some tender moments. I enjoyed the heroine's arc and how she learned to accept who she was and also opened her heart to love and be loved.

Looking forward to the next book in the series!
Lauren loves llamas
Trigger warnings: (view spoiler)

Despite the fact that I'm not that big of a fan of insta-love, I'm a ridiculous fan of werewolf romances.  So, I was a little leery of reading the first book in a series named "Mated by Fate," but the blurb was irresistible.  I'm so glad I did!  This was an absolutely delightful read!

Isabelle is ridiculously kickass, and I simply adored her.  After their parents' death in a car crash, Izzy and her twin
Tina Christopher
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, quite the ride! A lot of characters, so a little tough to get into, but once you’re settled a great read. Enjoyed the slow burn of the romance. Izzy has a dark and believable back story. The author doesn’t hold back and puts her characters through the wringer. Intriguing worldbuilding and definitely curious about the next book in the series.
Thank you to Carina and NetGalley for the review copy.
Ada
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: shifter
Hunt the Moon was one of my longer shifter readers in recent weeks. I was excited to finally find a book I wasn't going to finish in one setting. Most of the shifter books I keep coming across are just short length ones so this book was a good change. I honestly wish goodreads adds more flexibility to it's rating system because this was more of a 2.5 stars read.

The overall gist of the story is that Izzy is brought up with a different viewpoint with regards to the wolf genes. This creates the co
Carrie
Jun 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
This book was so good, I couldn’t put it down! It felt like I was already joining a world that was previously built in a series all its own, but I came to find this was the first book of what I hope is a long and awesome series.

Izzy is joining her brother as he prepares for his wedding. It seems a rather ordinary outing for normal humans, but there are just oodles of secrets hiding behind every corner. Because of her tragic and abuse-filled past, she’s got a few issues surrounding werewolves. Th
Johanna Sawyer
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: may-read, netgalley
Thanks Netgalley for an ARC to read and give my honest opinion.

A brand new werewolf series... the cover was amazing and this blurb just caught my eye. This is a first read by this author and book one in the series. Izzy comes to town to attend her brother Freddie's wedding and imagine her surprise when she finds out he is marrying a werewolf. She can tell because she is a werewolf herself even though she has suppressed that side of her. Luke, the packs alpha takes one look at Izzy and knows she

• Burn Into Me
  • Bride of the Wolf (Shadowmen #4)
  • Guardian's Bond
  • All Good Things Exposed (Good Things #2)
  • Elemental Mating (A.L.F.A., #1)
  • Jinx and Her Werewolf
  • Omega's Lie (Fated Dates #1)
  • Underwater (Serendipity, #1)
  • His Bunny Kicks Sass (Sassy Ever After Kindle Worlds; Sass and Growl Book 1)
  • Damage Control
  • The Omega's Wolf Protector (The Shifters of Distance #1)
  • Blind Trust (The Boardroom, #2)
  • The Pretend Marriage (Werewolf Romance, #1)
  • Heart of the Jaguar
  • Mandy's Story (Fang Chronicles, #4)
  • True Storm (True Born Trilogy #3)
  • Ride the Wicked Woodsman (Night Falls, #1)
  • Bear the Consequences (McMahon Clan, #1)
Kari Cole is an award-winning author of paranormal romances. Her action-packed stories have earned several awards, including the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart®, Kiss of Death’s Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense, and Toronto Romance Writers’ Catherine. She lives in upstate New York with her college sweetheart, two way-too-smart-for-their-own-good sons, and a rid ...more

Mated by Fate (2 books)
  • Touch the Sky (Mated by Fate, #2)