Start by marking “Crowned with Guilt (Remember the Reaper, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crowned with Guilt (Remember the Reaper, #1)

Crowned with Guilt

(Remember the Reaper #1)

As a child, I discovered a castle.
It became a sanctuary from the nightmare that was my life, but my fairytale truly began when he found me.
The boy with green eyes and crooked smile.
The boy with stories and an imagination that could take us far, far away.

In our castle he was the prince, and I the princess.
For the first time in my life I was safe, happy.
I was loved.
B
Published June 3rd 2018
Featured Notes & Highlights
S.K.
S.K. - author

Start your review of Crowned with Guilt (Remember the Reaper, #1)
DW
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I pretty much sat down, read and did nothing else until I finished. What can I say, SK Rose’s debut novel was hella good.

Crowned With Guilt was amazing. I was an emotional wreck throughout the entire book. It was just so good. Right on up there as one of my top favorites this year.

Five stars!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
♡ One Click Romance ♡
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS WAS ONE HELL OF A DEBUT!
Now, how do I write this without spoilers...

I read it in one sitting. I could do nothing else but be consumed with each word, each sentence.

The emotions this brand-new author evokes, her writing certainly promises great things to come.

Her story has true depth, heart and soul. I ugly cried my poor heart out. I laughed, a lot.

The characters were incredible. Mary-Beth (aka Pinky Pie) is my favorite, aside from the lead characters.
Andrew, he made my heart beat out of m
moonlight ☾
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing

this book made me feel so much. 🥺 I loved it, but my heart was hurting for Tessa (h) throughout the entire book. She was such a strong character for enduring what she went through and she couldn’t catch a break ughh. Andrew (H) was lovely, his personality was so charming and he just had this ‘ray of sunshine’ aura. I didn’t expect (view spoiler)
BookSmacked
DAYUMMMMMM !!!! OH MY DAYUMMMMMMMNNNNNNN

S.K. Rose comes out swinging with this rollercoaster of a debut. Full of angst, heartbreak and it will have you on the edge of your seat.

This book had me reeling and had my jaw dropping at 13%. I'm not kidding this book has tore me apart at 13% and I thought to myself OH GOOD GAWD what am I in store for.

And let me tell you it's one of those stories that will have you falling in love from the beginning with the idea of the perfect fairytale only to rip you
Katy Birch
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh My Fuck. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book but one of them wasn't me to be blubbering like a right mess. It certainly gave you the feels. It takes a lot for me to shed a tear but this lady made me bawl.

This story is one that you completely invest yourself in from beginning to end. I kinda went nooooooooo when the words 'the end' appeared. I mean seriously, you wounded me!!!

For a debut novel, this seriously knocks your socks off. It was a seamless and invigorating read that clutches
Coco.V
Dec 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/8/2018)!💝

Blurb:
As a child, I discovered a castle.
The boy with green eyes and crooked smile.
The boy with stories and an imagination that could take us far, far away.

In our castle he was the prince, and I the princess.
For the first time in my life I was safe, happy.
I was loved.
But every fairytale has a villain, ours would be no different.
I just never expected
Ellie Messe
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Holy effing eff, Batman!

Dark, angsty, heart warming, heart ruining! One minute your high in happiness the next your suffocating on the shards of your heart. She breaks you just to put you together again; over and over. This story is a beautiful tragedy that I just can’t get over. Best read of 2018. Best debut; EVER. One click it and let SK show you how a story should be told. UGH-MAZING!!!!
Shyralf
Jan 30, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF. Sorry, I tried but could not finish this one.
Joanne
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 amazing stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I don't think I have ever read a book that made me bawl my eyes out & literally made me lose my shit a few pages in, until this book! OMFG and to think this is her debut novel, well done S.K. Rose well done! This book is freakin EVERYTHING!!!

You've totally nailed it & turned me into a proper nutter S.K Rose; I should hate you! My heart, my freaking abused heart! Crushed it, you did, like with your gazillion tentacles! No fucking remorse man!!

But despite it all (your blacke
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first novel by S.K Rose, and an absolute clinker!!!! I read this book in two days, it was just that damn addictive. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions. I actually ugly cried at one point.
I’m not going to go into too much detail, because this is one that you really must read for yourself. You won’t be disappointed.

Well done S.K Rose, I can’t wait to read more of your work! ❤️🌹
Paige
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK!!

This is SK Rose’s DEBUT novel and holy moly is it amazing! All of her words just hit you right in the feels and she has you on a rollercoaster throughout.

There was shouting, tears and a lot of raging whilst on the edge of my seat waiting for the story to unfold.

This book is everything, I have weekly dreams about this book and want to read it over and over again!

I eat, sleep and breathe these characters. I need more of them and this will forever be up there as one of my favourites
DarkRaven Reviews
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well, I don't think these words are going to do it justice but I'm going to try. Simply just saying I love this book doesn't seem like enough. This book tore my heart out multiple times and put it back together again. The emotion and passion that just oozed out of this writer were just phenomenal. I call her a writer but she's more of an artist as this was truly a masterpiece. It's not often I read less than 5% of a book and have to have a break as I sob my heart out. Even before finishing this ...more
Mary-Elizabeth Hively
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I could not get enough of this book! No matter how many times I read it!! One hell of a debut novel!! I felt every emotion along with her! There were so many twists to the story and each one better than the last!! Purely amazing and leaves you wanting more!!!
Rmederios
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an author to watch out for. Her debut grabs you from the beginning til the end. If she doesn't hurry and give me the second book I'll definitely have to go stalker mood and hunt her down. Its an emotional read but I regret nothing!

Your heart breaks repeatedly for Tessa. From the moment you met her til the very end.. Anyone that has had situations happen to them can completely understand how she feels, the self-doubt and loathing. SK rose takes you right in there and you have to be comple
Jennifer Gomez
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap! This is a debut?? Where has S.K. Rose been hiding? This book is so well done. You need this book!

S.K. had me gripped from the start. My heart sank as I read the words she so expertly designed to paint the picture of a tragic life. She gives you hope only to violently rip it from your grasp. Do not let your guard down.

I found myself crying like a damn baby but other times sighing from the sweetness that only innocent children have.

Life got busy for me and I'm not sure if I'm happy or
Katydidnt_doit
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No book has ever made me ugly cry until Crowned with Guilt. SK Rose managed to pull every single emotion out of me with the tap of her keyboard and then left me screaming NOOOOOOOOO at the ending. If you are looking to take a break from the lighter, fluffier romance novels and looking for a darker, angst filled book THIS IS IT!!

Finding out this was a debut novel for SK Rose blew me away. I would've thought she was a seasoned veteran with a library full of works of art. If you only read one book
Ellie Rice
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This woman is truly going places! I am in utter awe.
This story has so much heart, heartbreak, love and angst. There is literally nothing I can say without giving away too much plot, which I hate. I don’t want to retell the story to you because Rose did it better than ANYONE could have.

I will say this, BUY IT. BUY. IT. NOW.

I won an advanced reader copy through a blog takeover. My opinions are my own honest feelings. Best. Damn. Book. Ever.
Samantha
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
O.M.G S.K Rose debut book was amazing, I had a hard time to put this down.
You'll laugh and you'll cry reading this, your most likely also have a book hangover in the best possible way, I can't wait to read more from this Author she does an amazing job gripping you from the very beginning to the very last page.
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow what an amazing debut novel this is. I’ve just spent my afternoon reading this epic story. Apart from stopping to grab nibbles and a drink I’ve literally inhaled this story.

Tessa and Andrews story is beautiful and heart breaking. I seriously don’t know how Tessa survived all that she went through and I was so proud of her. I could understand everything she did. I had goosebumps reading parts of this story. So many feels :(

Omg that ending. I’m so glad book two has been released or everyone
Angela James
May 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What have you done to me S.K. Rose?!

This book is insane (meaning awesomely mindblowing) and I can not even fathom that this is her debut book...New author, say what now?!

Good Lord, this woman has woven a tale that will pull you in and live inside you. I finished it a few days ago and I'm still not over it....It's a journey, a dark and angsty one that will trip your head. There is light in the darkness until it's stolen away again and again. Poor Tessa, this girl is a fighter. She's a survivor
Allisyn
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the best books I've ever read! SK does an amazing job! I was completely bookridden!! I barely moved from the moment I started this book. Dinner wasn't happening, nothing was taking me away from this world that she created! I've seriously never read a book like this and know that I really won't read anything this good until her next book. There are no spoilers from me, all you get is this book changed me. It will change your life as it makes you cry and scream and curse SK. She kno ...more
Danielle Dickson
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For a debut book, this isn’t one to miss!
The way the author pulls you into the world of these characters is mesmerising. You find yourself rooting for them all and hoping that at the end, they all get the outcome they deserve.
But SK Rose keeps you on the edge of your seat and leaves you on one hell of an ending!
If you don’t mind hard content, then read this book!! NOW!
Dawne
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST READ? Only an amazing book by a debut author. A heartbreaking story about a girl that seemed to have rolled snake eyes when it comes to her childhood. I wanted to take that little girl and shower her with love. This book will tear at you, and make you want scream about life’s injustice; then tie you in a knot and sigh enveloped in true love. That cliffy..... Brilliant job!
Lindsay
Jun 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Broken promises

You know how with character development, the character usually starts out as a shit person and then evolves into a golden turd? Yeah, that happened. Only backwards. This book started off heartbreakingly cute. Poor Tessa got dealt a losing hand in the parent department, but she still chooses to believe in fairytales. Her innocent relationship with her next door neighbor is so heartwarming. Until he dies. After that Tessa's life gets progressively worse. And it doesn't really get b
Pammy Shepherd
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
S.K. Rose has totally smashed her debut book Crowned with guilt.

Tessa is one outstanding character and her story tor my heart out, she is such a strong character. When she meets Andrew she gets a spark in her that lights up the story. It truly transforms it into something so innocent and beautiful.

until it’s dark again.

Tessa shuts down, she grows up and she turns into a fighter, she will not let anyone hurt her ever again, she will NOT let anyone tear her heart out AGAIN. She needs nobody.

Unti
Kelly
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the author:- This is my first time hearing about this author and Crowned with Guilt is her debut novel.

the story:- What a tragic heartbreaking story of survival and love.
I commend the author for taking a terrible topic and writing about it without glorifying it and while making the reader feel for the characters.
Tessa wants everyone to think she's tough and for the most part she is but beneath the exterior is a little girl who is still afraid. When tragedy finds her at a young age she learns t
Emma Johnston
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Holy effing wow Batman!!

This is SK Rose's debut novel and what. fantastic book this is. It had me gripped from page one and I read until it was finished. The emotions that are pulled from you by mere words on a page is astounding. I was hooked, pulled in and fell in love with these characters.

Tessa was an amazing heroine. She was strong, independent and trying to get by. She has been dealt the worse hand but still survived enough to get by. Then there's Andrew. The sweetest boy that you'll ever
Amo’s Book
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
My first book of 2019

I can’t believe this was a debut book so as you can see SK Rose is a new to me author.
For a debut book this was brilliant, it had the feels to draw you in break your heart & then repair a bit then crush you 😂
The heartbreak of a little girl living in complete and utter hell. To realise as she gets older the loneliness and evil of the world doesn’t stop.

Growing up,
a princess 👸 and a prince 🤴 as kids dreams of living in a castle 🏰 it’s truly beautiful and you just hope and
Belinda Visser
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I don’t know where to start or what to write for my review. Crowned by Guilt is a page turner and definitely gets your blood pumping and heart racing. This book is wonderfully written, totally soul shattering and breathtakingly to read. Be ready to go on a wild roller coaster ride of emotions. Crowned by Guilt is dark, intense, suspense and anxiety that literally goes through the roof.
I screamed and screamed some more, I was angry and I mean really angry like totally pissed, I had many tear
The Dark Newsletter.com
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark, abuse, new-adult-ish
Emotionally raw, riveting, and intriguing
The characters’ pain, fear, and heartache are all palpable emotions that resonate from the pages.
This is not a romance but a tale of a girl being mentally and physically abused.

FREE
Free for a limited time.

dark
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Famished
  • Famished: Part Two (Broken #3)
  • The Art of Dating
  • Broken
  • Veracity (Jilted #2)
  • Duplicity (Jilted #1)
  • Fighting For Air (The Fighting Series Book 1)
  • Rock Star, Unbroken  (Tragic Duet, #2)
  • Rock Star, Interrupted (Tragic Duet #1)
  • Zero F*cks (Violent Circle #4)
  • Clean Start (Violent Circle, #3)
  • Level Up (Violent Circle, #5)
  • Live Me (Pieces of Broken, #1)
  • Frayed Rope (The Ugly Roses #1)
  • Broken Promises (Burning Mistakes #1)
  • Love Lost Her Way: A tragic story about a girl who lost all hope.
  • Transcending Regrets, No Regrets book 3
  • Unsupervised (Slumming It, #1)
Remember the Reaper is S.K. Rose’s debut series. Crowned with Guilt is book one, Cleansed with Fire is the conclusion.

Rose lives in the hellish desert of Arizona with her newly appointed husband and two obnoxious cats. When she’s not writing, She enjoys reading, gaming, swearing like a drunk sailor, collecting swords, and obsessing over the magnificent sea creature: the octopus.

Remember the Reaper (2 books)
  • Cleansed with Fire (Remember the Reaper Book 2)