Start by marking “This Little Piggy” as Want to Read:
This Little Piggy

This Little Piggy

If You Give a Mouse a Cookie meets Stuck in this clever laugh-riot that honors an underrated superstar in kid-cuisine -- cereal -- and the girl who just can't eat enough of it . . . no matter how large a mess she leaves in her wake!

Once there was a girl who only ate cereal. This kid LOVED cereal. But lots of cereal can make a BIG mess and get a girl in trouble. So
Published January 8th 2019 by Philomel Books

To ask other readers questions about This Little Piggy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Little Piggy

Shauna
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun and irreverent tale of a kid who loves cereal. When she enlists some animal friends to help with post-munch cleanup, things escalate quickly! I love the almost grotesque wide-open mouths on the kid and her menagerie, and agree with the other reviewer who was reminded of David Shannon. The unexpected ending is perfecto. THIS LITTLE PIGGIE is a laugh out loud read-aloud, for sure.
Rebecca Ann
This book is hilarious and adorable. One cereal loving child promises to eat all the boxes she opened, but ends up needing help. She test-drives some animal friends but can't quite find a match in appetite until she meets the little piggy. Everything is going well until suddenly it isn't. The artwork is delightfully chaotic and colorful! This would be a perfect read for preschool or kindergarten!
Lisa
Nanette Heffernan
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jame’s voice is spot on for toddlers. His words even ramble on (perfectly) from page to page with little to no punctuation. Hilarious! I loved the escalation of different characters brought in to solve the messy problem and the cliff hanger in the end that leaves the reader wondering, “Could that actually happen if I don’t clean up after myself?”
Cathy Mealey
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is sure to tickle funny bones for readers who like wildly surprising, over-the-top, and slightly dark endings. Making messes with cereal starts a chain of events that lead the reader onto a creative journey and unexpected friendship. A snap-crackle-pop ending is sure to provoke discussion!
Richard Ho
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Punchy text, delightful art, and a totally relatable premise (what little kid DOESN'T wish they could eat only cereal?) combine to create a hilariously entertaining debut for James Serafino. The final spread gets a yelp of delight every time I read it to my kids. Can't wait to see what James has in store for us next!
Marcie Flinchum
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Little Piggy is a rollicking read aloud. With a girl with an insatiable taste for cereal, who can help her with her problem? Not every animal is a good fit. But then the pig comes along. This Little Piggy would make your young reader giggle until the very end.
Teresa
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The genius of this really fun picture book is that it reads just like a toddler talks, and the absurdity of the situation is hilarious and over-the-top. The unexpected ending will elicit lots of giggles from little ones as you read it with them!
Sheri
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This was different than a story about toes, but about someone who only eats cereal. But the child leaves a mess for the animals in the story to clean up after her. No real resolution for the character at the end because others solve the problem I thought.
Rachel
Mar 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun playful story that has a sense of a nursery rhyme and breaks the third wall at the end.
Stacy
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reminds me of David Shannon. I think kids will find this hilarious.
Sara
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cereal - such a hilarious focus, and speaks to how kids can see the wonder in anything. Loved the twist ending too. The art is unique and fabulous!
Stephanie Lucianovic
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A crazy, wonderfully disturbing, over-the-top story of consequences with incredible and mesmerizing art to go right along with it. The end will shock and awe you.
Dawn Rutherford
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A surprise ending that made me laugh out loud!
Laine
Mar 09, 2019 rated it liked it
hilarious, nonsensical, and filled with wonderfully dynamic illustrations that beg for the eye to linger. for some reason i didn't connect with it, though.
Paula
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Perfect for pre-school/kindergarten kids. Totally fun and chaotic about a girl whole loves cereal!
Hannah Stark
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and well-paced! For every kid who loves funny plot turns and cereal!
Michael
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-reads, story-time
This was super fun. A great read for story time.
Raven Black
Jun 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Reminded me of Llama Destroys the World.
Cassandra Federman
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love love love the artwork in this book! The watercolor and character design are fantastic. And the story is so unexpected. This book is such a fun ride and I'll be reading it to my little one over and over.
Sabina Hahn
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a funny joyful book. I love the illustrations and the story. From the beginning to the end, this book is a delight.
Crystal Swimmer
Jul 03, 2019
DiAnne Warfield
Mar 25, 2019
James Serafino
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Dylan Teut