Start by marking “'MANIK” as Want to Read:
'MANIK

'MANIK

4.58  ·  Rating details ·  532 Ratings  ·  203 Reviews
I’m Beatrice Kennedy, but everyone calls me Beat. I live a low-key life, fresh out of college and drifting from town to town until I find my home.
I love music, and how it stirs even the deepest and untouched parts of your soul. Depending on what you choose to listen to, would depend on what it touches. It’s the drug we all damper in, only different strains. My strain is J

Natalie The Biblioholic
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I knew when I picked up this book to read that it was going to drive me crazy. That's the expectation I have for any story coming from Amo Jones. She has this way of evoking such strong emotions from me and I thought I was prepared.

While reading 'Manik I found myself grinning and laughing, staring at the words in utter disbelief, wanting to throw my kindle (I didn't... that ish cost me good money), getting turned on, getting turned off, and scratching my head in confusion. Blow-my-mind, spank-
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
Available now

Amo Jones delivers another dark romance filled with twists and turns to keep readers riveted to the pages.

Beta read
Snow

I have to be totally honest and say that I absolutely didn't dig this story...😕

Make no mistake, I love Amo very much, she always pents up all things dark in just a little more twisty and disturbed and chaotic...and whereas I usually completely respect the true deep level of dark...I also need consistency of it.

And yeah, I probably go on everyone's nerves who obviously dont realize or dont care about the 'issue' I m addressing here, and that's also okay, cause you have the right to think so, just
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
OMG! What did I just read?! Amo Jones legit just owned me with Manik. I haven't felt like this since Frost and good Lord she deserves all the praise in the world for this book. Aeron "Manik" Romanov-Reed and Beatrice "Beat" Kennedy were FIRE and they just burned down the whole world with this story!

If you're looking for spoilers I wouldn't even know where to start. This isn't that kind of review. But what I can say is that this wouldn't be another gripping novel by this author if this story was
Na
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"How can someone so achingly beautiful hold a soul so dark. Or maybe that's how it works, maybe the most beautiful faces hide the darkest souls."

'Manik was my first book by Amo Jones. And it definitely won't be my last. This book is simply incredible. Incredibly dark, incredibly well written, incredibly thrilling, incredibly everything.

"Looking into his eyes is like looking into the center of a storm, one that will suck you in an spit you out"

'Manik has it all: dark souls that capture you right
Mimiorphee
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc
With a cover and a title like these, it was  impossible for me to stay away from this book!

Manik is a captor/captive story, where Beatrice (Beat) is thrown into Aeron (Manik)'s dangerous world. Manik is a rapper but as the story unfolds we learn how deep the secrets run.

This is a read in 2 parts and that's exactly how I felt while reading.

The first part utterly blew my mind. The fast-paced intrigue had me furiously turning the pages. It kept me on edge and completely stressing out for the heroi
Camila Matuella
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
3,5 *manik* estrelas

Máfia →temos
Pegada dark → temos
Um mocinho phoda → temos
Uma mocinha meia boca → também temos e por causa disso diminui as estrelas, muita coisa não fechou pra mim em relação a ela e varias das suas atitudes. Vejam eu não tenho nada contra mocinha fracas e essas coisas, mas eu tenho com personagens incoerentes que não se sustentam até o final e falando de final esse também foi meu outro problema aqui, eu teria super mudado esse final. Mas no geral foi um bom livro.

Tongan Book Lover (Ofa Tafa)
✯✯✯ TONGANBOOKLOVER BOOK REVIEW ✯✯✯

Book: MANIK by Amo Jones
Reviewed by: Ofa Reads
Rating: 3.5 STARS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manik. Such a fucking head trip. Literally. This book can be read as a standalone (fucking finally lol) and I have long awaited the day I got my hands on it. An action-packed romance about rap, the mafia and filled with so much darkness, black was all my soul was bathed in whilst reading. I've been a loyal and obsessive fan
Kahea
***5 ‘Make Sure You Feed The Right One’ Stars***

Duuuuddeee.

Can we say Mindfuck??

Just a little bit?

Okay. Maybe more than a little...

Because that was some twisty, turny, angsty, dark shit going on and I loved every second of it. I mean I expected the angst and the dark, because let’s be real ~ this IS Amo Jones we are talking about ~ but some of those twists had me going “Whoa. Wait. Back up. Let’s rewind here because I don’t think I read that correctly” But I did and it was a mindfuck. Now tha
BookSmacked
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t want this to be over !!!! Manik was one of my most anticipated reads. When it comes to Amo Jones I can always count on her to deliver gritty reads with intense characters.

Manik was a presence !!! I don’t know how else to describe him. Dominating, Intense and impossible to ignore. I found myself getting caught up in him, consumed by him. I couldn’t help but love him even when his actions were questionable and sometimes downright cruel.

This storyline was brilliant and I’ll be honest when
Anne Milne
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You've done it again Amo, completely pulled me into a story that I wasn't sure what I was going to be reading. I've read the synopsis I've seen the teasers but they gave nothing away and I'm so glad.

I loved the slow unfurling of Beats, not just her personality but who she is. I thought I had her figured out and then boom everything is turned on its head. Now Manik is an in your face character, he owns every facet of who he is. I loved every crazy scary passionate part of him.

The thing I love abo
 Charlie  ✰ WLTB Blog ✰
Shelves: 2018, arc-from-author
Amo has done it again.
Had me from the first chapter and I have not wanted to put it down. This book is so freaking amazing. Dark and twisted. In addition, intense it will have you sitting on the edge of your seat.
I loved the characters, the story, I love everything about a book it is so well written.
Manik I just love him. This is hands down my favorite book by this author, for now, haha it could all change again with next book. Cannot wait to see what the author has in store for us next.
If you
Rebecca
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve only just discovered Amo Jones’ dark romances, so I haven’t quite delved into all of her demented and distorted goodness, but with that being said, I’m quite well-versed in ‘mindfuck’ reads, and I can unequivocally say that Manik is such a story, and while it’s confusing, at times, due to the manic-like pace to the plot line and the twists and turns that leave readers’ heads spinning, that’s exactly what makes Manik and Beat’s story all that it is because their lives don’t follow a normal p ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"I'm drawn to his shadows so I can see who they reflect."

Amo Jones never fails to blow my mind. I love her twisted mind and the characters that she gives a voice. Never a dull moment and never a minute of sleep until I turn the last page. She's always good for a book hangover.

Manik is one of her best alpha assholes. I know that you will love/hate him as much as I do. "She's awoken the beast."

Beatrice (aka Beats) is a gifted dancer but is currently working as a bartender. She's stayed at her
Hayley
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the words of Britney fucking Spears "She did it again"

That’s the thing with amo’s books, her books are fucking stunning, from her beautiful covers and gorgeous formatting... it grabs you! Then when your eyes capture Chapter One— you’re hooked, fucking hook, line and sinker.

'Manik, Jesus that man and his fucking hot mouth—he has you drooling and having heart palpitations with his that mouth of his! And hot damn the fucking chemistry with him and beat— 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

'Manik was everything and more, and
Caro Richard
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Review to come closer to release.....
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book from the author and I voluntarily reviewed it. Thank you Amo Jones!

This book was different from what I expected. Different in the sense that there was a duality to it I did not see coming. A duality that both works and makes me twitchy. MANIK vs Aeron. Jekyll and Hyde in a sense. I was expecting a full-on dark rapper with dark rhymes and daemons eating at him. I mean there was some of that, but I craved more of it. It felt like it came second to his second life - t
Elizabeth Sherrell (Elizabeth’s Pretty Little Reads)
I don’t know how she does it, but no matter the level of darkness. Level of messed up. Or the type of tough situations placed in her books, Amo has me devouring the entire thing, while questioning myself the entire time. I’m pretty sure it’s the reason I love reading her books.

“How can someone so achingly beautiful hold a soul so dark. Or maybe that’s how it works, maybe the most beautiful faces hide the darkest souls.”

MANIK—I was freakishly obsessed with it—and him, the actual character. Th
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow just wow. Can that be my review as I’m not sure what else to say. I’m blown away by these words. No matter what I say I won’t give this book the words it deserve but I’ll give it a try.

I’m not going to go into the storyline. I really don’t want to spoil it for you so I’ll tell you a wee story about me and this story....

I read lots. It’s my passion. But this week I’ve had way too much on my mind. For a few days I just didn’t bother reading which is rare for me. I had a few hours spare and I
Heather C
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

That. Right. There. That quote is everything to me. Jones has this rare ability to bring out the beauty in the darkest areas and MANIK is no exception. It's raw, gritty and deliciously dark.

I'm going to start off my saying that the ONLY thing that held me back from a 5 star rating was because I'm so used to this explosive darkness from Jones from the
Liana Vanoyan
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a stunning story... What a cover. This is the story of heartbreak,lust,betrayal, loyalty and love...love that overcomes everything and everyone in it's way, shattering every obstacle. You will delve in the world of Manik aka Aeron Romanov-Reed, where there is nothing but anger, lust and loyalty. At first we meet Manik, who is cold, ruthless, demanding, but as we dig deeper, as Manik meets Beatrice aka Beat, we see that Manik transforms into Aeron, with feelings, deep person who not just wan ...more
Brit
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ever since I read Amo Jones' novel The Silver Swan I've been obsessed. Like really unhealthy stalking obsessed. I have fallen in love with many of her characters. But MANIK takes it to a whole new other level that no other author could touch. This novel is very dark, very sexy, very hot. The sex scene will have you getting soaked with just words. I recommend this novel not because Amo is my home girl, because this novel is one of her best. I dont call her the twisted queen for nothing. So please ...more
Doris
Shelves: arc
Captivating Darkness

Brace yourself for darkness which is what you may expect from a bratva book that is not afraid to take you places that don’t see coming. This book took me in and didn’t let me go until the very last sentence and it was one h*ll of a ride the whole way through. The author wrote the characters in the way that made you feel a part of the dark world of the bratva with all the ugliness that comes with that. I have to say that I am now an Amo Jones fan and look forward to reading m
KELLY (THE QUEEN OF RAMBLING)
I was tagged in a post claiming that this book right here was one of this authors best works to date, admittedly her use of long winded words have ceased to exist which I'm glad of, so kudos to her, her writing has improved immensely in that aspect. Nowwwww if she would just tone down the craziness she throws into her stories, (sometimes, less is best) I would've enjoyed this more, sadly still this author is hit or miss for me.
Tyi
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5/5

MANIK. The writing and the storyline is amazing. The characters are not one dimensional but rather complex. Beat is a character that I've never met before. She gives the textbook definition of I've never met a girl like you. It is funny how Aeron Romanov-Reed, who is better known as Manik, gets pulled into her orbit so easily. He doesn't know what to make of the girl he can't quite classify.

There were parts throughout the story that I had to take a step back and reread because it was too f
Natalie Bailey (LifeandLoveofaBibliophile)
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
MANIK!
Are they’re any words? Not really

I’ve read hundreds of books. Good ones and bad, but it’s books like this that remind me of why I read.
I will happily read the same stories over and over again if it leads me to a fucking amazing book like this.

Honestly Amo Jones is a league of her own. Every book she writes is different and full of such intricate twists they easily steal your heart and soul. Manik is beautiful and unique. It’s breathtaking and somewhat fucked up. Its
Shyralf
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Stars! Well, I’ll say! Damn! Amo Jones is on point as usual. She killed it, in this one. I was getting a little worried sometimes, but then events played out and I was relieved. This was another epic impressive read by this author. Aeron Romanov Reed aka Manik is one crazy mo fo who is crazy in love with Beatrice aka Amaya Corvo. I love ❤ their crazy chemistry. This book was addictive, I didn’t want it to end. Definitely recommended.

I’m waiting for her to finish up a few pending series.
Reading with 2 book lovers
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This cover makes me so so happy. I have a big thing for covers and this one drew me in right away.
The main character in this story beat was also one of my favorite things about this book.
I devoured this in a day.
MellysBooks
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can you say DARK DARK DARK!!
I love an amazing dark romance. & as always Amo Jones has not failed to disappoint me.
Manik was everything I expected and comes so close to kicking Raze off my number one spot.
This story was mind blowing, with off the chart chemistry with Beat & Manik.

You meet to different characters from different sides of the tracks. One night brings them together. He has secrets, dark secrets. He’s kidnapped her, will she forgive him for both and give him her heart? Or w
MillsyLovesBooks
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amo is back with her latest book, and what a book she has given us!! Manik is up there with her very best work. It's dark, gritty and utterly captivating.

This story was so much more than i ever expected and i'll say it again weather this makes my review boring it's honest. Go in blind! i say this about every Amo Jones read, because her books are so captivating that to get hung up on reviews, i feel will spoil your reading experience. So sit back enjoy and get completely lost in Amo words.
Some Like It Hot!: ʜȯƗƗie ϻember-ϻeet Amo Jones 9 26 Oct 09, 2018 08:49PM
Amo Jones is a small country girl totally winging this author thing (she's probably doing it all wrong). She likes cake, loves wine, and her religion is magic. She's a profound work-a-holic, but when she's not writing, you can find her chilling with her kids & partner at the nearest beach, with a cocktail in her hand.

New Zealand is not a state of Australia and rugby is the best sport ever pla