Start by marking “Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)” as Want to Read:
Evidence of Desire (Courting Justice #2)

Evidence of Desire

(Courting Justice #2)

A fast-paced contemporary romance that sizzles from the New York Times bestselling author of Order of Protection where passion for the law isn't the only thing heating up the courtroom.

Published January 8th 2019 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Evidence of Desire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Evidence of Desire

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

Ahhh Romantic Suspense at its finest. I can't repeat it often enough: Lexi Blake is one of the best if you're in the mood for this genre and want a unique plot.

Isla loves contracts, business agreements and negotiations. When former football superstar and close friend and client Trey Adams is under investigation for killing his wife Portia, former NFL player now criminal defense attorney David Cormack is her best bet. He knows the dangers and sorrows of somebody living with chronic traumatic ence
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE AMAZON :https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

5 stars

I have to say that I enjoyed this one even more than the first book!From the first pages I find myself hooked!In my opinion it would be better if you read the first book before you read this one.

description

I loved the characters and especially David.He was exactly what I was looking for in a book boyfriend.Isla is also great and I really liked them together too.

This story has a little bit of everything I like, an intense romance , suspense and d
Mindy Lou's Book Review
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, arc
This was a pretty captivating story form the beginning to end. I loved Gabe and Isla but it was also Trey and Portia's story that had me riveted. You really feel like you get two love stories in one. Sadly, one ended in tragedy but it was still very beautiful. I almost wish we could get a book on Trey and Portia, that's how much their story intrigued me.

Due to the nature of what happens right in the beginning, we get a whole host of side characters and each one played a big role to the overall s
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Review to come

ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
Dianne
Lexi Blake has done a wonderful job of combining romance with a murder mystery filled with tentacles of suspense. Who murdered the beautiful socialite and dedicated wife? Was it her mentally unstable husband, a famous, former athlete suffering from debilitating illness caused by head trauma?

Isla Shayne, the Adams’s family personal lawyer and David Cormack, former football player, turned high-power defense attorney must piece together what really happened or an innocent man may go to jail. On th
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great story with a nice twist at the end that was not expected.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have read many of Lexi‘s books in the past several years so when I picked this one up I knew I was in store for a treat. But what I didn’t realize is how beautifully she can blend a romance with a suspenseful murder mystery.

This story has so many positive attributes. I love David’s character. He has a wonderful soul and is not afraid to show his feelings and support. Isla is also an amazing character.
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: missy
Good lord, give me a sec to get my heart back in rhythm after finishing up Evidence of Desire. Man, that was some suspenseful romantic suspense right there . . .

In trying to keep Trey Adams out of jail, Isla Shayne hires David Cormack, who’s known as one of the best defense attorney’s in the US. He’s ruthless and thorough and will fight to defend his clients at all costs. But he’s also one of the most amazing and handsome man Isla have ever met.

David’s desire is to just do his job. Work is his
Isla Shayne is the family lawyer for retired linebacker Trey Adams and his family, she's used to helping them with business deals or purchasing property but when Trey is accused of murdering his wife she is in completely over her head. She knows Trey is innocent but with the evidence stacking up against him she needs help and there is no criminal attorney she can trust more than David Cormack. As an ex player himself David has a unique perspective on the health issues that Trey is battling and h ...more
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

font-rend-4

A deliciously sexy suspenseful romance!!! Oh Lexi Blake, you have done it again with your latest release, Evidence of Desire. Without a doubt, this book is off the richter scales when it comes to heat, passion, intensity, and conflict of interest. With her strong bold characters, Blake pulls in her readers in with this story of David and Isla. With many layers and her intricate prose, Blake will have you totally smitten and blushing like c
MRIDULA
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romantic suspense, 'Evidence of Desire' is a perfect mix of steamy romance, law stuff and chronic traumatic encephalopathy (which is an actual disease the atheletes suffer from).

Isla is an attorney. Her world is full of contracts and business negotiations. This is why she contacts David Cormack (a criminal defense attorney) when her client and formal football superstar- Trey Adams is charged with murdering his wife-Portia.

The spark between David and Isla is instant, and they pursue their mutua
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
description
Amazing freaking romance here!!! The main characters were my favorite part. David and Isla were a couple I loved reading about.

From the very first moment this story started, I was hooked on these characters. David with his confidence and swagger despite his fears for the future. Isla with her quiet strength and huge heart. They were so amazing as individuals and yet so perfect together.

The story itself was also great. There was mystery, danger, and oh so much romance. The relationship might ha
Shayna
“𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚, 𝙄𝙨𝙡𝙖? 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙚𝙡𝙨𝙚 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚? 𝙄 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚, 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙮𝙤𝙪. 𝙏𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙚 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪.”

It’s David’s turn for his happily ever after and OMG…it was PERFECTION! He was protective and demanding and oh so charming from the very start. Talk about a SWOONY ROMANCE, my friends! Isla Shayne was a pretty incredible heroine. She was strong and bold when she needed to be, but she also showed a vulnerable side and that spoke to the alpha side in o
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)

Evidence of Desire is book 2 in the Courting Justice series but it stands alone. I enjoyed this one much more than book 1-I thought David and Isla were more enjoyable and relatable characters for sure!

Isla is a lawyer to the stars-she helps them with things like wills, business deals, and real estate. When one of her clients is accused of murder, she knows she needs to bring in a great criminal defense attorney. Enter David Cormack from Garrison, Cormack, and Lawless. David is a former pro athl
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Take a romance, wrap it around a mystery, season it with adventure and serve it up with information about a disease few know anything about, and you have the delicious concoction that is Evidence of Desire.

While most of Lexi Blake’s books tend to center around people cobbling a family around them, this one deals more with keeping a family together in the face of major adversity.

Attorney Isla Shayne has lost her own family, but she considers Portia and Trey Adams’ family hers. When Portia is horr
Nadine Bookaholic
You can see this and other Reviews I have written along with various cover reveals, excerpts, and giveaways here Nadine's Obsessed with Books

Evidence of Desire is the second book in the Courting Justice Series, each book can be read as a standalone but you will find characters from each book run through the others this is because the series follows the men and women that work at a law firm. This is David's story.

Sherwood Smith
This book combines a sexy romance, a legal procedural drama, and a murder mystery in which the main suspect, a former pro football player, suffers from CTE (Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy) a degenerative brain disease mostly found in athletes.

I figured out who the murderer was from the gitgo, something I usually am clueless about. It was the introductory language that made me go hmmm, so instead of surprise, I had tension as the story unfolded and I waited to see if I was right.

The hero and h
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Just when I think Ms. Blake can't move me any more, she breaks out a tear jerker with this latest book. I loved this story and within the first few minutes, I'm tearing up. This is a second in a spin off series and it is glorious. For those who are starting out with this book, it's recommended to read the first book to understand the backstory of a couple of secondary characters. Still, this book can be read as a standalone.

Moving through this law firm, David is up for his love story. I liked Da
Juliana
Dec 05, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had a hard time getting into this book and felt like I was missing vital information just because I didn't read the first book. I couldn't get invested in the main love story or who killed the wife. The love scenes were shmaltzy and cringe-worthy because of how cliche it was. I didn't even care who killed the wife by the end of the book. There was no tension in the climax either. Lexi Blake is not for me.
Sandy S
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25--stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date January 8, 2019

Isla Shayne knows she's in over her head. As former all-star linebacker Trey Adams's personal lawyer, she's used to handling his business dealings and private financial matters, not murder charges. She needs to find an experienced criminal attorney who speaks her client's language. David Cormack of Garrison, Cormack and Lawless is exactly what she needs in the courtroom--and the only man she wants in the bedroom.

For David, taking on the Ada
Rebecca
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evidence of Desire is the perfect title for the second book in Lexi Blake’s Courting Justice series because its implications to the plot as well as its characters involved in the court case center around an influx of overwhelming emotions - ones that can lead to both positive and negative outcomes for more people than just the accused.

The murder case that finds its way to former NFL player now criminal defense attorney, David Cormack, is one that could open old wounds and send him spiraling beca
Julie
Shelves: arc
Every lawyer dreams of having the ‘perfect’ clients and creating a practice that anyone would envy. For Isla – clients bring a string of business deals, contracts, and in some cases they add a personal connection to her life. When football star Trey Adams is accused of murdering his wife, Isla knows that her familial connection to this family will hinder the ability to prove her client not guilty. Portia’s death wasn’t just about a robbery gone back, the crime scene hints at a hatred for the bel ...more
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"Over the course of one day, she'd come to view the big, gorgeous lawyer as something of a teddy bear. Could she call him an emotional support attorney and take him with her everywhere?"

The Courting Justice series was my introduction to the word wizardry of Lexi Blake and put her on auto-click status with me. She has blown my mind with her talent.

David won me over when he showed what a supportive best friend he was with Henry. He dropped everything and ran to help him when he called. That's
Heather andrews
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found David to be very charming, “food and information. What more could a man ask for?” He said something to the driver and then followed her out." There are times David doesn't need alot of convincing, “I changed my mind.” He leaned over and picked her up. “We have time. I’ll make time.” He carried her to the shower..." I liked this book, I fell in love with David.
Darcy
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was really hard not to get sucked into this one right away, lost of salacious happenings going on. A famous couple, one of them murdered, the other the could be killer, then there are their kids, are they totally innocent. Through it all we have a group of lawyers working for the famous family, trying to figure out what happened and who the real killer is. Of course being a Lexi Blake book there is romance along the way.

What I really liked about this one was that while the romance between Is
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s no secret that I am in love with Lexi Blake’s writing. She always manages to captivate me and tell fascinating stories. She often includes incredibly delicate topics in her novels, and Evidence of Desire was a prime example of that. She weaved the devastating threads of degenerative mental disorders into an already enthralling suspense novel, making it feel more poignant than so many other novels in the same genre. This may be one of my favorite Lexi Blake stories, and I can’t wait to see w ...more
Nadine Bookaholic
Jan 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: giveaway-entered

David is a retired pro football player turned criminal defense attorney so when former linebacker Trey Adams' is in a bit of hot water his personal attorney, Isla Shane, calls David Cormack for help. Personally I really enjoy
Garden Of REden
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy's Review
3.5 Stars

I can't remember the last time I read a romantic suspense book.  I forgot how much fun they could be.  The 'who did it' aspect of the storyline really makes you focus on what you're reading to see if you can figure out all the clues before the big reveal at the end.  With Evidence of Desire, I did have it figured out by the end but, it took awhile for me to get there. Then it took it one step further and completely blew me away with a twist I hadn't seen coming at all.  The
Paige Turner
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm having a severe book hangover from Evidence of Desire!

Lexi Blake wove the perfect amount of suspense, drama and romance in Evidence of Desire. The characters are strong but sensitive and are willing to do anything for the truth.
David is brought in on a case due to his reputation as a criminal lawyer and his past profession. He's very familiar with the media circus, CTE and other brain injuries. His first order is to protect the Trey and his family. He finds Grey's family lawyer, friend and
Jan 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is another exciting legal thriller from Lexi Blake. This time, David finds himself
defending a retired football player accused of murdering his wife. He also finds himself increasingly attracted to Isla, the family’s personal attorney who is assisting his investigations.

Like the first book, this story offers another insider’s perspective on the messy lives of rich and famous New York socialites. There’s a whole lot o
Ruthie Taylor
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the second book in the series, and I would recommend that you read book 1 first, although it is not essential.

This is a well-paced story combining murder and intrigue with a sports-based twist, and a really, really good romance. David is the ultimate in sexy footballer turned criminal lawyer - and he very kindly takes his time proving it to Isla. Their common love of football, and yet their understanding of the
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Courting Justice (2 books)
  • Order of Protection (Courting Justice #1)