Start by marking “Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)” as Want to Read:
Two Dark Reigns (Three Dark Crowns, #3)

Two Dark Reigns

(Three Dark Crowns #3)

One Crowned, Two Exiled, A Revolution Rising.

The battle has been fought, blood has been spilt and a queen has been crowned, but not all are happy with the outcome.

Katharine, the poisoner queen, has been crowned and is trying to ignore the whispers that call her illegitimate, undead, cursed.

Mirabella and Arsinoe have escaped the island of Fennbirn, but how long before the i
Published October 4th 2018 by Pan MacMillan (first published September 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Two Dark Reigns, please sign up.
Lapisqueen1 I understand where you are coming from, and why it can be stressful waiting for a new sequel to come out, but you have to understand that the author…moreI understand where you are coming from, and why it can be stressful waiting for a new sequel to come out, but you have to understand that the author is working really really hard to give you a good book series. Maybe you should try thinking about it in the author's perspective. :)(less)
Romina honestly I feel the same. Katherine has been my favorite from the start. and Arsinoe's story is honestly more about Jules than Arsinoe herself.

Caitlin
Jun 30, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I THOUGHT IT WAS A DUOLOGY BUT NOW THERES FOUR BOOKS WE HAVE ALL BEEN BLESSED
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
OMG...the madness

Like it's predecessors, I consumed this book.

Just to change it up, I'll do character rankings rather than just sister rankings.

Character Rankings:
Katharine ≈ Arsinoe > Billy ≈ Mirabella ≈ Pietyr > Jules >>> Emilia

First off, congratulations to Mirabella and Jules for stepping out of the role of my least favorite character(s). But it's not much of a surprise when Emilia Vatros is literally one of the most annoying, over-bearing characters of this entire series.

Sh
Fables&Wren
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
REVIEW TO COME

Side Note: Do you think Kendare Blake named the books to confuse us?

01: Three Dark Crowns
02: One Dark Throne
03: Two Dark Reigns

Makes me curious to what the fourth book is going to be called LOL

- - -

I don't think anyone understands how excited I am for this book. This series is the first book I see when I walk into my apartment, I literally have dreamed the story-line multiple times because I just theorize what is going to happen in my off-time, and I am pretty sure I am obsessed-
Nadhira Satria
Oct 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: most-anticipated
The devil works hard but Kendare blake works harder.

bECAUSE THAT ENDING. BYE. I CANT LIVE LIKE THIS

I WAS PLANNING TO DO A REVIEW BUT I CANT. NOPE BYE
Hamad
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“Some people leave too much space behind when they are gone.”

🌟 To be honest, book extensions usually suck and I was skeptical when I went into this one. I was afraid that it will be slow and nothing much will happen in it… Turned out I was right!!

🌟 The series was going in the right direction in book 2, it was a good improvement on book 1 but this once again, felt like a debut to me! This series was supposedly a duolo
Cesar
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars

Before reading Two Dark Reigns, the previous two books in this series were decent. I liked them enough but I didn't love them. I liked the world the series takes place in as well as the magic and lore behind it. The character themselves were also complex and interesting given the circumstances they were in. However, I felt like there was something missing from them. I hoped that Two Dark Reigns would rectify the problems I had.

And it did in the best way possible.

Two Dark Reigns is an impr
April (Aprilius Maximus)
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
3.5 stars!

Definitely my least favourite in the series so far. Nothing really happened in this one until the very end and the rest of the book was pretty slow. I can't wait to see how the story wraps up in the final book though! I really don't know how they're going to get out of this with a happy ending!
Nikki (Book Allure)
SHE BETTER NOT HAVE EXTENDED THIS MERELY FOR CAPITALISM BECAUSE I LOVE THREE DARK CROWNS
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
Not a big fan of this one unfortunately :(
Faye*
Aug 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Woah, it took me forever to get through this book. Don't ask why... I guess life just got in the way, then I lost my reading motivation a bit, then I had to slip in one of my favourites because...well, reasons...I really don't know. LE SIGH.
Anyway. This one couldn't grip me as much as the first two did but I think that also was due to my "kind of slump" half way through. So, I'm giving it a solid 3 stars and am definitely looking forward to reading the conclusion of this series.

*****

I just reali
Mizuki
Pre-review: OMG (view spoiler) I can't wait!

Secondly, allow me to pimp my Three Dark Crowns fanart:

(link: https://www.deviantart.com/vampir
Clumsy Hobbit 🍄
What I want from this book: for Madrigal to die please :)
Rissa
Sep 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Krystal
SO GOOD!!

WARNING: This review contains spoilers for the previous two books of the series.

This series honestly just keeps getting better. It's so dark and twisted now! I was not expecting such fantastically macabre things from a ya fantasy about competitive queens.

So the third book opens with a mini history lesson, which was fun. I love when we get dark pasts that affect the present. That historical thread was probably one of my favourite aspects of this novel. It made the whole story level up a
Lara (Bookish_turtle)
GUYS THE COVER!!! It fits in so well wit the others in the series and it looks so dark and mysterious. I can't wait to read it!
Shaun Hutchinson
BLOODY FANTASTIC.
Miia
Sep 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Um excuse me how dare you end it like that? Me probably gonna die here slowly while I’m waiting for the last book to come out.
Sabrina The Trash Queen
SO CLOSE!
I’m happy.
Keri
Well, that was disappointing. I feel like I'm pushing at this 3 stars cause I didn't hate it but it also didn't really do much for me...

(view spoiler)
The Enchanted Library
Wow... just wow.
Fatih Turgut
There's a rumour explaining that the book of this title is: Two Dark Heirs. And the last book is rumoured to be: Last Dark Queen
Sheila Goicea
BUT THE COVER, YOU GUYS!!!

description

Elisa
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ooohh wraths.

Holy friggin’ killer fog.

Ok, I kind of have NO WORDS.
No words that will make any sense, at least. My mind is just a series of images and exclamations of surprise, dismay, and general anxiety.

This book was SO worth the wait.

So much is happening, in everyone’s life. And there are new forces to be reckoned, which are scary and mysterious and horrifying... and overall, the story continues, just as intriguing and amazing as always.

I still cannot pick a favorite, because even when they a
Rae
Read this review and others on my blog: https://thriftybibliophile.com

Two Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake picks up where One Dark Throne left off, with Catherine as queen and Mirabella and Arsinoe on the run.

I really like this series, so it's not surprising that I also loved Two Dark Crowns. The whole book was an entertaining, nail-biting experience. It was well-written and fast-paced, never a lull in action or forward plot progression.

The story itself is an interesting one. The concept of three tr
Shaina
Ok, it is time. The last book was left on a cliffhanger. This one is really thick and a lot happens. I thought, surely they will get to a semi-happy place before the end!
It even gets; should I say it? Okay, I must. Yes, for fans or for those who have not read these; this dark fantasy grows even darker.
Mmhmm, I know.
Katherine fans will rejoice as we see a lot of her. There are all the stories here and I would definitely have read the novellas as well before reading this. It will help you out h
Vignesh Kumar
This is my most anticipated book of this year... I loved this book so much! The pace has been increased vastly and it's becoming more darker as it goes, which I love!

The story starts with Queen Katharine as the Queen Crowned and Queens Arsinoe and Mirabella in the Mainland. First of all, I love Katharine and the way the story goes around her. I didn't like Arsinoe in the last two books, but I am slowly starting to like her in this book. Mirabella is as always, sophisticated and elegant even in
Jessica
Sep 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is so lush and different! It reminds me of Game of Thrones, in that it has so many factions, but they all have a fairly good claim on the throne, and all of them are sympathetic characters in some way.

Although I do not care for Emilia. I hope that she's supposed to be unlikeable, otherwise I guess it's on me that I want to slap and then shove a perfectly innocent human in a closet. But she annoys me and she is causing problems for people who already have problems, thanks. I also tho
Sylvia Mercedes
Didn't love it as much as book 2, but still couldn't put it down! Can't wait for book 4.

RTC
So, I write books. The Anna Dressed in Blood duo is horror, The Goddess War trilogy is mythology, and Sleepwalk Society is contemporary, because the world don't move to the beat of just one drum. What might be right for you, may not be right for some. Love to read, too. Fiction, philosophy, good books, bad books, because you take the good you take the bad you take them both and there you have a st ...more

Three Dark Crowns (4 books)
  • Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1)
  • One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2)
  • Untitled (Three Dark Crowns, #4)
“With her weakening gift, she could be burned, and Arsinoe imagines that for a girl who used to dance with fire, there could be nothing worse.” 0 likes
“You don’t threaten the life of a queen and live to tell the tale.” She flips the knife, catches it. “Taking the life of a queen… now that is another matter” 0 likes