Start by marking “Resistance (Chicago Defiance MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resistance (Chicago Defiance MC, #1)

Resistance

(Chicago Defiance MC #1)

Isn't it funny?
The way your life can alter in the blink of an eye.

My club – constantly under siege by the Italian mafia.
My city – in a war lasting two generations caused by our fathers.

Yet, in amongst the turmoil, I met her.
In a froyo store.
This sassy woman who’s ready to throw down and defend her friends against my brothers and me.
But we aren't the enemies in this story
Published (first published May 20th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Resistance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resistance

Start your review of Resistance (Chicago Defiance MC, #1)
Sabrina
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: yummy-bikers

Resistance is my first read from K.E. Osborn and was a great introduction to her writing. I thought the story was very intriguing and the characters were all very easy to like. It's no secret that the MC genre is a favorite of mine, and there are a ton of books out in it. So reading this book and seeing how Ms. Osborn was able to still put her own unique spin on a genre that already has so many different authors writing in it was amazing.

I did wish there was a little more romance shown between
Kay's Blushing Book Reviews
description

Resistance by KE Osborn

Chicago Defiance MC Book#1

Heely and Torque’s story is sweetness coated in danger and topped with ultimate resistance!

Torque is the President of the Defiance MC. Like all Motorbike Clubs, their members are their brothers, the club is their home. They will defend their family and territory with their very lives. The Andretti’s (Italian Mafia) threatens both. The ongoing war between them shifts when a mysterious new comer stirs the pot in a dangerous and deadly game o
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Let’s start with the cover:

How gorgeous is it?

Then, the blurb…

This story isn't full of partying and fun – it's chaos, carnage, deception, and lies.

SOLD IT. I was all up with that.

But then I started reading and… it was not what I was expecting. I struggled a little bit reading it but some of the characters, specially Heeley's brother and sister, made the book worth finishing.

It was not that I didn't like the major characters, it was that I didn't feel their chemistry—it felt forced. Also, Torqu
Michelle Krystel
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was given an advanced readers copy of this book and have decided to leave a voluntary honest review. This was very first book by this author. As soon as she sent me the blurb I was like he'll yes I love Mc romances they are best kind! Torque is not your average biker president yes he is demanding and gets what he wants. But he also knows when to reel it in, he has a bit of soft side. Which is extremely admirable. But he's also one sexy bad ass. Heely I love her sass, how she doesn't let men wa ...more
Jos
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars
Ehhhhhhh this just didn’t grab me or even keep me invested. There was a lot going on and I just couldn’t connect with Torque and Heeley, idk, they just didn’t mesh for me:(

Will I continue with this series, probably not.
Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
This review MAY contain spoilers. Read at your own risk.

I really didn't like this book. It had some redeeming qualities, but there were too many things that irked me to actually like it. If I'm being honest, I almost stopped reading around the 30% mark simply because I was bored and had no desire to continue reading. It's a bloody miracle that I did decide to go on. I am not the type of person to DNF a book, otherwise, this one would have definitely been abandoned.

I am just going to start off w
Debra Johnson
2 stars for as far as I got.

Dnf @ 32%.

I just couldn't take it anymore.

Review later
Donna
I was so thrilled to read this new MC Romance, and even more thrilled to find out it was the beginning of a new series!! So I started reading with my fingers crossed that it would be a really good one!!

OMG!!! Where do I start? And how do I explain to you why this is an outstanding MC Romance?! And ESPECIALLY how do I do this without gushing out a bunch of oh I love it, I love it, I love it!! Which I do!!

Anyway, let me see...where to start. Well, how about this! There is both the Chicago Defiance
Shelley
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will he be able to Torque her into staying?🤷‍♀️

Resistance is the first book in the Chicago Defiance MC series and also my first book by KE Osborn. I liked Heeley and her siblings as they definitely made the book a bit more light hearted and humorous in the beginning. This book is also what you would expect of an MC story - in particular, the women, the violence but also the brotherhood and family aspect😁

Torque is an unusual biker Pres but I liked him. Because Osborn is a new to me author, I foun
SheLove2Read
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great. I was more interested in other characters (like Sensei!) than I was the two main characters. I may give book two a try but not right away.
Coco.V
Feb 05, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/5/2020)! 🎁
Kathryn Kelly
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot say too much because I don't want to give the storyline away. Heeley and Torque's story was amazing! I loved every moment of the ride K.E. took us on! The danger and passion will keep you at the edge of your seat. This is a great beginning to a new series. Welcome, Defiance MC!
Shannon Godwin
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great MC book! Heely is so sassy, you can’t help but love her. Torque, she knocks him on his &$$! He wasn’t expecting someone like her when he ran into her store. I really enjoyed this book & loved the twist & Suspense in it. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen in the next book. Watching Heely work things through in her head & Torque dealing with the unexpected at his clubs door... this book is full of action & hot sex. I do love that Torque is staying true & loyal but also worki ...more
Christine
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A chance encounter helps Heeley and Torque find each other. From two different sides of the track but they have the best chemistry going. Love the sass and hot sex but can’t wait to see where the story leads next.
Rebecca Delgrosso Kennedy
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 Stars

I enjoyed this book SO much! Sometimes you’re given and ARC and you cross your fingers that you’ll like it or at least find some good things to say about the book. With Resistance, I didn’t have to worry at all. It’s a quick read and it kept me interested the whole time. Reading it gave me serious Sons of Anarchy vibes in the very best way. The two main characters are very likable. The guy, Torque, who even though he’s an alpha male, isn’t obnoxiously so. And Heely, the good girl med
Charlotte
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*WARNING* for adults due to sexual content and some fun violence.
Torque is the President of the Defiance MC, he has lived through some devastation. Torque thinks of the MC as his family and always puts them before himself. Torque and a few of his brothers needed a place to lay low one evening and they ducked into a Froyo shop, that's where he saw her.
Heeley does not want to do into the family business. Dairy, I've cream, froyo, is NOT what Harley wants for her life. Heeley wants to be a doctor.
Michelle
Nov 20, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mc, dnf
DNF --I tried so hard to get through this book.

But I couldn't. At 63%, I had to stop. At the very least, Rylan (Torque) wasn't so bad. Everyone else just annoyed me. The heroine, I can't even remember her name, wasn't relatable or realistic. For someone going to school to be a doctor, she seemed too immature and ridiculous with her jokes and sass.

Aside from the story and characters being bland, the writing was too clunky for my taste. Every little detail is present in this book. Personally, it
Kylee
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hot Damn!!!!!! Resistance will have you gripped and held hostage to the pages from the start. KE Osborn knows how to take us on one hell of a ride when it comes to her MC series and Torque and Heeley’s story is perfect proof of that. This first book in the Chicago Defiance is witty, full of angst and grit, packed full of drama and has some seriously steamy scenes that might just melt you to the core. You will not only fall in love with this couple but the whole entire club. If you haven’t yet pu ...more
Emily
As President of the Defiance MC, Torque has to wade in when members of his club get into trouble. That is how Torque finds himself hiding in a Froyo shop getting a tongue lashing from feisty server Heeley. The attraction was immediate but with threats surrounding his MC is the time right to build something with Heeley who is in med school and has goals of her own? Can Torque protect what is quickly becoming his?

Entertaining, I loved Heeley she is a firecracker. Torque is full of swagger that ooz
LaVida Brisco - One Last Page Book Blog
Defiance

I have to admit I went into this book by K E Osborn just from a video shared on FB and she just rocked my world. This action packed adventure drew me in and tilted my world on its axis and that ending was just explosive. I can’t wait for the next one!!!
Lisa Book Stacks
May 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book1

Book 1 introduced too Harley and the Pres of the biker club. An accidental meeting becomes hot and dangerous in this book. When new trouble comes to Chicago
Missy Brown
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely great start to a new MC series. Resistance marks the first book for me by this author and I am hooked. I am loving the Chicago Defiance series. K.E Osborn has a writing style that I just really like. Her character development, how she writes them, portrays them and just the pace of the story caught me.

President of the Defiance Mc, Torque loves his brothers and his club. But there is a war that has been brewing for years and years with the Mafia. One day while avoiding trouble,
Bonnie Mancuso
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
INCREDIBLE BEGINNING!!! I love a good MC story, and KE Osborn doesn't disappoint. The storyline is incredible. Action packed and full of twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. The characters are amazing. Torque is one hot, sexy, bad boy, alpha biker. He's the president of Defiance MC. He meets Heeley when bursts into her families froyo shop in his attempt to escape the Andretti. Heeley is a little spitfire. I absolutely love her character. She's studying to be a doctor. She rid ...more
Shirl
Jul 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2020
Second time writing this... what the hell??

This is my first book by this author. I really liked it!! There were a few sentences that I had to reread to figure out what she was saying but I figured it out easily. I will say if an author is from another country but writes a book that takes place in America then American English should apply. Just my opinion.
Torque is the president of the MC. He inherited from his father when he died. He does a great job and thinks things through before acting un
Julie
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. From the moment I started the characters just grabbed my attention and the story held my interest right to the end. It was fast paced, and full of surprises which kept me guessing. The tough guy Torque had all the usual MC alpha male traits and more which made him a very interesting character and Heely’s a “good girl” but no pushover, she worked as a med student and makes extra money at her parents Froyo store.
I enjoyed how this story came together. There was twists and drama
LaToya (Readingbythebayou)
Resistance!

So happy a friend recommended this series to me. I really enjoyed this book and will definitely finish the rest of the books. Torque is the president of the Defiance MC. He has a heavy burden on his shoulders. He has suffered losses in his life and is trying to be the best president he can to his brothers. He meets Heeley while taking cover from a rival group. She's full of sass and beautiful and he is drawn to her. Heeley is a pre-med student working in her family's froyo store. Heel
Madeleine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author and I am hooked! I've been wanting to read her books for a while now but, never had the opportunity until recently. I love MC books and this one was so good. Torque is the President of his MC. Heely is the smart mouthed beauty he meets when they "loiter" her froyo shop. I could not stop reading. Diving into #2 now.
Robin
Mar 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I had a bit of a struggle with this book. I read a lot of MC books and this one was different and it was hard for me to become invested in these characters. The story had all the makings of a carnage filled, rough and gritty MC read, but just didn't follow through. It was a little too nice, too tidy and the Pres too unsure. I did enjoy Heely and the interaction between her, her brother and bestie.
Lee-anna Dunk
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Holy yakooza batman we have another set of hot alpha bad boy bikers to make our panties melt clean off our ass's.. As usual K.E Osborn brings a lil something something to the table and never let's her readers down. with this brand new MC series to add to her ever growing repertoire. Readers will enjoy this book that brings a brotherhood together in the face of uncertainty a long drawn out war that started over a decade ago that began with Torques father and the head of the Italian mafia . yet du ...more
Barbara
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG Ms. Osborn has done it again. Resistance is wonderfully written with characters you can not only believe in but they will get under your skin and feel like family. As for the storyline, that is where she has blown me away once again. She has a magically way with words that just seem to make the storyline come to life as you read along. I could actually see and feel the action, the turmoil, the characters personal struggles and inner feelings as I turned the pages.

Torque, the president of the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Tool (Ruthless Kings MC, #3)
  • Boomer (Ruthless Kings MC, #2)
  • Reaper (Ruthless Kings MC, #1)
  • Poodle (Ruthless Kings MC #4)
  • Blood & Bones: Trip (Blood Fury MC, #1)
  • Charge (Steel Bones Motorcycle Club, #1)
  • Stoney's Property (Devil's Riot MC: Originals, #1)
  • Ryder (Outlaw Souls, #1)
  • Tank (Lords of Carnage MC #10)
  • Betting on Forever (Battle Born MC #1)
  • Chaos (Kings of Carnage MC, #1)
  • Reckless (Black Thorns MC, #1)
  • Reaper's Rise (Ruthless Kings MC, #0.5)
  • Rafe (Devil's Flame MC Book 1)
  • Roman (Savage Kings MC - South Carolina Book 1)
  • T-Bone (Satan's Fury-Memphis #9)
  • Nyx (A Dark and Dirty Sinners' MC Series, #1)
  • Brood (Hell's Riders Rhino Chapter, #1)
With a flair for all things creative, International Bestselling Author K E Osborn, is drawn to the written word. Exciting worlds and characters flow through her veins, coming to life on the page as she laughs, cries, and becomes enveloped in the storyline right along with you. She's entirely at home when writing sassy heroines and alpha males that rise from the ashes of their pasts.

K E Osborn comf

Chicago Defiance MC (8 books)
  • Penance (The Chicago Defiance MC Book 2)
  • Deviance (The Chicago Defiance MC, #3)
  • Sufferance (The Chicago Defiance MC Series Book 4)
  • Acceptance (The Chicago Defiance MC, #5)
  • Balance (The Chicago Defiance MC Book 6)
  • Defiance (Chicago Defiance MC #7)
  • Allegiance (Chicago Defiance MC, #8)