Start by marking “Forgiving River (Skullz Ink, #2)” as Want to Read:
Forgiving River (Skullz Ink, #2)

Forgiving River (Skullz Ink, #2)

4.63  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Loxley Erin Parrish

Three years ago, I was left for dead at the bottom of the stairs by the monster that haunts my nightmares. I lost everything that day. My life. My sanity. My daughter.
After waking to find the same monster had killed my best friend, I ran because I was next. The two men who saved me from the darkness brought me to the one who would change my life.

River J

To ask other readers questions about Forgiving River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgiving River

Treasa
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sooo GOOD!❤
A heart rendering read that gives you all the feels as it demands you attention as it sears the the storyline into heart mind and soul! Tears will be shed sucking the life out of you but laughter will come along and pick you back up dusting you off or you will become enraged wanting to reach in and lash out as the drama ruffles your feathers needing to get your two cents in! Thrilling hot chemistry, exciting, fun, intense, edgy, raw, a myriad of emotions, page turning twists and hard
Michelle Brace (Wicked Babes Blog Reviews)
Holy crap this book!!! I am so freaking happy that I chose to read this series by Lynne Leslie. I wasn't sure what her books would have in store for me but you can now consider me a fan. This book had me in tears, left speechless, angry, heartbroken, happy, and so freaking much more. If you haven't checked out a book by this author this is a series to do just that.

I wasn't sure how I would feel about River after the first one. He did redeem himself in the end of the first book but I still wasn'
Kris Riley
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed

Forgiving River by Lynne Leslie is the second book in the Skullz Ink series. I absolutely dove into this book after reading the first. This is the book of Loxley and River. Both of who have their secrets, heart aches, and mistakes. Will those keep them from finding their way to each other?

River betrayed Lox and several of her friends, only to redeem himself in everyone's eyes but Lox's. She struggles to forget and forgive. Yet, Loxley is drawn to River. If only that was Lox's only struggle. He
Debbie Caswell
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in Skullz Ink series and we met these two characters in the first book Fighting for Phoenix now we get a more in depth look at their lives and be prepared this book will turn you into a blubbering mess It is a long time since a book as tugged at so many emotions for me. This author is fast becoming a favourite for me

Loxley Erin Parrish is a strong woman ho has survived a nightmarish past after been left for dead at the bottom of a flight of stairs she has picked herself u
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Oh my gosh I'm sat here a complete blubbering mess. My emotions are all over the place after finishing Forgiving River. After meeting these two characters in a previous book (Fighting for Phoenix) I had an inkling their story would break my heart I just didn't anticipate how much. Both River and Loxley have had difficult pasts dealing with abuse at the hands of people that should have had nothing but love for them but both are survivers and have fought their way through. When Loxley finally give ...more
Jessica Bronder
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
We first meet Loxley and River in Fighting for Phoenix. You could tell that both of these characters had something happen to them in the past and I when I learned the second book was going to be about them I was excited to find out what happened. They might come from upper class families but that doesn’t protect them from abuse. Those that were supposed to care and protect them broke that trust.

Once again Lynne Leslie has me feeling the full range of emotions from heartbreak and sadness to anger
Crissy
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS!!!
Forgiving River was a good read. River and Loxley knows what it's like to live with abuse and loss but their love and strength will get them through the darkest and toughest times. I enjoyed Loxley's character a lot. She dealt with a lot but I loved that she was such a strong character, and every blow she took in life only made her that much stronger. Jason definitely got what he deserved in the end. River has definitely redeemed himself in my eyes and I loved how caring and loving h
Fleur
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
River unwittingly betrayed everyone without knowing or realising the repercussions he would be met with, now after redeeming himself to a certain extent he still has a long way to go with the one person who means the most to him Loxley. Fortunately for him things are about to spiral out of control Loxley and her past she has run from is about to come back and she needs someone who is on her side without hesitation however they both have horrific pasts that will either make them stronger together ...more
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series and it had so many twists and turns I felt like I was on a roller coaster and could not keep my heart under control.
Loxley and River they both have pasts that would make the Pope swear and they are both trying to make their future better but River wants Loxley and she has walls that most couldn't scale and be safe.
But when she let's them down for him holy crap the hotness that came from this book had me fanning myself and needing a smoke afterwards.

This is
Angela
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Leslie has again written a story that will tear you up and allow you to see hope and humanity. Abuse comes in many forms, most of which are featured in this story. I cannot identify with the actual abuse of these victims but I can sympathize with their stories. I liked how the victims are not from lower income families but shows that wealth and status have nothing to do with the vile abusers. The family portrayal in the story really stands out – they do not have to be blood relations, just p ...more
Laid-back Book Bitches
I am still sitting here with tears running down my face. I am still in such an emotional state! This was my first read from this author and will not be my last. I was drawn in to this book right away, I could not put this book down. It has me turning pages faster then I like to admit. I needed to know what was gonna happen next. I had a feelin this book was gonna break my heart and I was right, but I was also fixed. Both River and Loxley have had difficult pasts dealing with abuse at the hands o ...more
Brenda Moser
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by Lynne Leslie. She once again brings you to your knees reading this emotional tear jerker. Her characters are strong and well developed and the story is so engrossing , so captivating you can't stop reading. I loved River and Lox's passion and watching their relationship develop and grow. The author does a beautiful job dealing with some sensitive issues and in moving the story fluidly. I loved reading their story and highly recommend this book. Warning: keep the tissues ...more
Debra Richardson
An enthralling emotionally deep romance. It tugged on many emotions – anger, sorrow, happiness. The storyline is beautifully written, shocking, twisted, and very interesting. The characters are well-developed, strong, and brave. They are broken after years of abuse; however with the love for each other and the love of family and friends they heal and move on to find their HEA. This series is amazing and pulls on your heart strings, but I cannot get enough and I look forward to the next book.

I re
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Heartache an pain are things River and Loxley know a lot about given their past. River is trying to make atonement for his digressions and Loxley just wants to leave hers in the past but the more she tries the more it comes roaring back thanks to her ex. Her friends are on her side but can they help her with the storm coming her way in the form of a crazed ex who has an obsession that warrants destroying or killing anyone that gets in his path towards Loxley?

I received a free copy of this book v
Penny Ellgass
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loxley has lived a horrible life of abuse and her ex just won'the quit. She has built a new life for herself can it also include love and trust?
River did years in prison for something he did not do and suffer physical assault that has left scars. He is trying to make a mends and have a life that includes friend and hopefully a loving relationship.
Join them on their path to healing and love. You need to set aside time to read as I could not put it down.

I received a free copy of this book via Boo
Melissa Ann
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so amazing and heartbreaking. This story shows strength and forgiveness. The story of these two will pull at your heartstrings and have you on the edge of your seat. My heart broke for Loxley’s past but she is such a great strong character, I enjoyed reading. What these two go through is super intense and watching them conquer their demons was a wild and suspenseful ride! Can’t wait to read more of this series!
Charlene
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was eager to read this book knowing the back story between Loxley and River after reading Fighting for Phoenix. Forgiveness won’t be an easy task, but River is determined to show everyone he’s worth it. Loxley had a horrific past, and when that past catches up to her in the present, River might be the only one who can save her! This is a story of abuse, strength, friendship, forgiveness and love.
Nancy
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in the Skullz ink series and book is it just as brilliant as 5e first book which I loved reading. I absolutely love reading this series as you get to feel all the emotions with the characters and you get to feel like you are there with her characters. River and Loxley are get characters you can’t help but love.

poppy
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am absolutely hooked on this series after reading and loving the first book I went straight on to this book. We met Loxley and River in the previous book and I just knew these two were going to break me and I was right this is a fantastic book I was hooked from the first chapter and ended up finishing it in one sitting. This is a pretty emotional book at times. I would recommend this series I just loved it.
Teresa Doherty
Nov 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would give this ten stars if I could, as I write this review I am crying, the emotional rollercoaster in these pages has produced the most beautiful story. River has bridges to build, Loxley just had to keep the walls around her heart intact knowing that she can never be in a bad place again, until River and her past catch her, first class reading for me.

FunUndertheCovers
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not an easy read, but this is a story of how strength, friendship, forgiveness and love can conquer anything!

Jennifer Pierson
Forgiving River is one of those stories that gripped me from the very beginning, while making my heart race cover to cover in all of its exciting goodness. Lynne Leslie penned an amazing story that was highly addictive with her very talented writing style, and frankly, I absolutely LOVE this Skullz Ink series, and will NEVER EVER get enough of this group of friends. There's Loxley Erin Parrish, a strong woman, who survived a past that would curl a normal person's hair. She has sky high walls, fo ...more
Lara
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic gripping emotional story of River and Loxley (Sadie). What doesn't break us will truly make us stronger and Loxley proves that to us with what she has overcome in her life. When she lets River in she finds a strength like none before. Together they are stronger and can fight for what they want.

Hanna
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is book 2 in this series about bad boys who need second chances with the woman they were meant to be with. this is River's story, he is tall dark and handsome and I really enjoyed his love story.

Barbara
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a book that felt like you where there watching it happen a well-written story that once I started I was not putting down until I finished. River and Loxley's story is one I would recommend. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Kimberly
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is a good dark romance read. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is a real emotional read.

Carol
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this is such a great series! It pulls at the heart string. It makes you sad, happy and then leaves you wondering. This is the second in the series, the storyline is great. I can't say enough good about this book. It is a must read. I received it as an arc and voluntarily left my review.
April Collins
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Forgiving River. River and Loxley's story takes you on an unbelievable ride. It makes you wanna laugh and cry. Leaves you wanting more. I don't see how she will top this.
Karen
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is such a gripping story, with so many emotions. Characters are strong and engaging. It is well written. I appreciate reading this book.
Mary
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an incredible story! I did not think you could get better than the first "Skullz Ink" story. I was definitely wrong!! This is a fantastic and gripping story! I loved River and Lox's story! It was enjoyable to see how there relationship developed. I loved how this one ended as well. You will not be able to put it down. It sucks you in from the beginning until the very end. Very captivating, intense and emotional ride.
Mom. Fiancee. Wine Drinker. Hot Mess. Even bigger Walking Disaster. Fluent Sarcasm Speaker. Word Writer. Collector of Readers Hearts. Taco Lover. Book Nerd.

Lynne lives in the quiet country with a bossy mister and two little divas. If you don’t catch her with her nose in a book or her fingers scribbling on paper, she’s usually right in front of the television with her family. She loves anything th