Start by marking “Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)

Queen Takes Rook

(Their Vampire Queen #4)

The epic showdown between the last Isador queen and House Skye begins.

Strengthened by her new queen sib, Shara Isador plans to return to her mansion-in-progress for some much needed rest. She especially wants to get to know her new twin Blood and fears she may have made a mistake in taking them. She does not love them. Yet.

However, the sun god and the queen of New York
Published April 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Queen Takes Rook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Takes Rook

Start your review of Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
When it comes to erotic vampires, I believe this series is now my all time favourite. Between Shara's lethal powers and her snark, I am in love with her. It isn't just her Blood who want her. Powerful women can not help but desire her too. She calls others to her because she is the one everyone has been praying for ... someone who can bring justice back into their world. And she will payback in ruthless retribution. Each book in this series just gets better and better. I am not sure how Ms. ...more
Just Josie
Vampires, Aztec mythology, magic, shapeshifters and POWER!

This series has so many great parts! Sometimes a bit cringe-worthy, but I have to admit, I am extremely fascinated by the story. It also slightly bothers me that the Blood keep telling Shara that “ You could kill me right now and it would be my pleasure”. Ehm.. lets pull down that a notch because it’s repeated quite often. Like I know she is your everything, but give her a little fight?

The last half of the book was by far the best. It
Danyelle
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Definitely a new favorite of the series I kind of want to re-read it right now
Parvati Patil
Free 04/23/2019
The rest of the series is free with KU/Prime subscription.
Annabel  Lee
Oct 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The best vampire series ever, it gets better and better ...more
Crystal B
4.5*!!! this keeps getting better and better!! i didn't know there was a 5th book now i have to wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jessica Robbins
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle

Just when I think these books can't get even better Joely throws in a new surprise and my mind is totally blown. Shara is one kick butt main character and it is awesome to follow her along her journey into a remarkably powerful vampire queen. All her Blood combine nicely to form a group that will make anyone happy and they say they protect her so sweet. From nothing to a court of hundreds in a month is
Coco.V
Their Vampire Queen reviews:
Queen Takes Knights here
Queen Takes King here
Queen Takes Queen here
Queen Takes Rook See below!

description

***I received an ARC copy of this book and voluntarily decided to leave my honest review***

Do you know the feeling you get when you try to review a truly amazing book?
Naturally, you want to write a review that does it justice, but it’s hard guys, really hard. Firstly, I’m no way near as talented with words as Joely Sue Burkhart is. Secondly, I’m still processing all the
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
This series gets better with every book! Plenty of betrayal, intrigue and action in this one - to go with the filthy delicious MMF & MFM Sexy times.

Cannot get enough of these characters. PNR Perfection
Katyana
Jul 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this one ... probably my favorite so far. The vampire politics moved to the forefront, and were fascinating. I am really enjoying watching all the threads of this plot unfold.
Raj
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This series just gets better and the only complaint would is that each book could be a bit longer,
Anna
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gods.. That was... I just... Damn.
That fucking hurt, but in the best possible way. And Shara? She was magnificent, there is no other word for it. She certainly came a long way from that scared girl she used to be. She became so empowering, so in her element, it was an amazing thing to watch. I just couldn't tear my eyes off the pages, I had to soak it all in as fast as possible.
So much has happened here that I still cannot wrap my head around. I need some time to process everything...
“But it
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Book four in this Vampire/Reverse harem series

Once more, we dive straight in after the events in book 3.
Shara Isador, last in The Isador line descendant to The Goddess Isis and Vampire Queen, with the aid of her ‘blood’ alpha Rik, Daire, G, xin, mehen, Navarre, Ezra with two new bloods X and I ( I can barely say their names never mind spell them ) with her new ‘Sib’ Queen Matye are left recovering after cementing their joining and a further attack from the sun god Ra.

The enemies are drawing
Lady Elizabeth
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
WARNING:
BLOOD is an intrinsic part of this story and its characters. If you are NOT SURE you’re comfortable with blood + sex and bisexuality I would recommend you step with caution in this book. If you just CAN’T stand the idea, DON’T read this book.

SPOILER ALERT:
If you HAVEN’T READ the books, this review will inevitably have some kind of SPOILER, since this is the 4th book in the series.

I was calling this book the final showdown but I was wrong, this was just the beginning of the final showdown
Tiera McMillian
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yes!! Shara is tired of the crap and is taking ass and kicking names! I am riveted! I’ve always hated when our kick A heroine is always sleeping and passing out after battles. I always feel like umm hello some dudes in the back are still standing get your powerful girl butt off the floor. The author has taken this into consideration and written in reasons!

Shara has really blossomed and is now playing the game in her snarky I bring monsters to heel way! Her show down with Marne and house of sky
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Apr 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This series keeps getting better and better. I'm a little heartbroken next installment, Queen Takes Checkmate, will the last...

Shara and her Blood have blown my damn mind.
And that witch Skye has finally gotten hers.
I can't get enough. The series has been hot, gory, sexy, magical and so freaking good. The author's writing is spectacular and addictive.

Long freaking live Joely Sue Burkhart and her brilliant mind!
Nicole Luiken
Apr 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, romance, sf-fantasy
Read in one day. In addition to lots of steamy scenes, the overall plot arc moved forward as we finished up in Mexico and moved on to the battle between House Isador and House Skye. We got our first peek at Marne Ceresa who will probably be Shara's opponent in the next book.
Katie Hoffman
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! Wow what a read!!! This is the next book in the series. This story has everything. Reverse harem, blood, sex, magic, and so much more. This story will leave you sitting in the edge of your seat. I want more!!! Definitely would recommend this series. Can't wait for next book!!!
Dena
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Next chapter

We are getting to the good stuff with Keisha. This is getting better and better with the mother and Ra. I have been wondering does she need a God to get pregnant? I was just thinking can't wait to find out what happens next.
Maya V
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Yesssssssssss

Finally!!!! There was sooooo much more action then previously that I just couldn't stop reading.... That's what I'm talking about!!!!! We are going somewhere!!!! Stilll...period blood is disgusting. And I am warming up to Alrik. This series rocks
Sabrina A Kirby
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The bloody queen!

Well, I loved it. It was a disturbingly fun read. Cannot wait to see how it all turns out! Blood...
Joanne
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!!! This series is freaking everything!!! Im obsessed with everything about it, the story, the characters, its absolutely addictive!!! Im dying to get my hands on book 5 already!!!
Samantha's ~*Confessions*~
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I swear to Isador house!

I have flown through these books. Just fantastic. I was first pumping at the climax of this story and had all the feels. Love
Grace
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where can I star?
Well let me tell you this: have you ever read a book, where it takes you just the first paragraph and your addicted? If no then this is your book. Joely sue Bukart takes you in an adventure on this fourth installment, you will love it, you will laugh, be intriged and she’d a couple of tears. But one thing I will tell you, you will never regret buying this series. And you know was even better there’s another coming out. I seriously cannot tell you how exited I was knowing this
Ann
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Breezy
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've fallen in love with these books since the very first page! A fresh take on vampires that is delicious, exciting and sexy! All the best ingredients for a vampire series. Something the genre is in desperate need of. Joely spins a tale of love and retribution. Bringing together a modern day kickass heroine with old as time mythology that just makes me beg for more! Shara Isador last daughter of Isis, has arrived! She's come to shake up the status quote, bring the archaic vampires of old ...more
Courtney
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nothing more to say besides INCREDIBLE!!!

One of my favorites series in audiobook!!! I tried to read these books in between and I immediately missed Tristan and Cassandra's voices haha. I instantly purchase these, there is no need to worry if they will be amazing. The answer is always YES .

So Tristan and Cassandra were on point for this audiobook. I loved the New Yorker accent that Cassandra surprised us with. I equally loved the new twins' voices from Tristan. I will say there were a couple
 Diana Davis
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen Book 4)Kindle Edition
byJoely Sue Burkhart
I read this book through the Kindle Unlimited program,

This series keeps getting better and better!

With court intrigue and moves that would make Machiavelli proud, our heroine, Shara Isadora moves to protect her court from Keisha Skye, the Queen of New York.

Shara's powers begin to grow as she receives a feeling to head to New York. In New York, we learn more about her history and her strengths.

Ms. Burkhart does an
Soukyan Blackwood
Nov 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
all reviews in one place:
night mode reading
;
skaitom nakties rezimu

About the Book: House Skye is infamous with the power and cruelty. And their Queen expects to take Shara Isador, the last of her House, to swear to House Skye and be her sib (sibling, sister). Shara, not caring one bit for the cruelty towards herself or anyone else, especially not her Bloods (knights) sees no other option but to fight, and if push comes to shove – destroy House Skye. But to do so she needs a strategy wrought
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Magic of Lust (The Dark Orchid, #2)
  • Power of Lies (The Dark Orchid, #1)
  • Crimes of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #3)
  • Signs of Cupidity (Heart Hassle #1)
  • Bonds of Cupidity (Heart Hassle, #2)
  • Spell of Love (The Dark Orchid #3)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Power of Five (Power of Five, #1)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Mistake of Magic (Power of Five, #2)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Trial of Three (Power of Five, #3)
  • A Heart of Shame (The Redemption Saga, #2)
  • The Crow’s Murder (Kit Davenport, #5)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • First Moon (Lovin' the Coven #1)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

Their Vampire Queen (9 books)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen #6)
  • Queen Takes Darkness (Their Vampire Queen, #8)
  • Queen Takes Sunfires (Queen Takes Sunfires, #1)
  • Queen Takes More (Their Vampire Queen Book 9)