Start by marking “Shift” as Want to Read:
Shift

Shift

Seventeen-year-old Perry Teasdale is a dreamer.

She’s not the kind of dreamer who waltzes through fields of wildflowers, twirling her skirts in a starry-eyed daze; or the kind who aspires to be the biggest rock star the world has ever known (not that she’d complain, if that accidentally happened). She’s the kind of dreamer who can’t get a decent night’s rest, because her
Published June 1st 2018 by M.A. George

To ask other readers questions about Shift, please sign up.
M.A. George Yes! Thank you so much for asking. The eBook version is now available at online retailers. The links are posted on my website, or you can use some of…moreYes! Thank you so much for asking. The eBook version is now available at online retailers. The links are posted on my website, or you can use some of the links provided here on Goodreads. (less)

Start your review of Shift
Khurram
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I recived a free copy of this book in exchange of an honest review.

A great book. Great story with great characters. Actually the characters are the greatest thing about the book. The character development, leads to great developments in the story itself.

I also liked that M.A George does not leave anything undone, or puts anything in by chance everything in this story has a reason. No matter which reality it is in everything comes together.

There are plenty of geek jokes and references that were
M.A. George
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Who, me, biased in my five-star rating?

This story has been a long time in the making, but I'm thrilled to finally see it ready to leave the nest. Perry is a protagonist full of sass, who will do anything to save the people she cares about, and I hope readers will adore her as much as I do.

Mark your calendars for June 1st. Thanks for reading!
Marla
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author-gift
Ms. George has become one of my favorite authors. She just keeps getting better and better. This time we have brother and sister Ezra and Perry. Ezra is in college and Perry is a senior in high school. They are best of friends who lost their parents and live with Aunt Jess. Perry has super vivid dreams that feel like they actually happened. She is also an artist and draws her dreams, which the pictures are all over her bedroom wall. Then one weekend she and Aunt Jess visit Ezra in college and ...more
Darlene
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book. How could I resist? I love Ms. George's writing. The minute I open one of her books I know I am in for a fun ride. Shift is no exception. I added to my sleep deficit by spending too many hours after bedtime looking for a good place to stop reading for the night. But I wanted to know what was going to happen to the characters in this story.

I finished Aqua, which I also loved, a bit ago and couldn't wait for more. My biggest
Myndi
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an amazingly creative world this author has created with this book. Seriously, it blows my mind the way authors minds work.

I love the idea of multiple universes and people who are the same or similar in each of them. Even more than that, I love the idea of people who can travel among those universes and carry with them the knowledge of each one. How amazingly unique and complicated. I love the author's use of language and math and science in the story.

Perry is a fantastic character. She's
Kitlina
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review!"

This book guys, OMG this book.

How in the multiverse did you think of this Ms. George? How are your neurons wired? How can a mere human make something so amazing?
Are you sure you don't reside in some parallel universe?

It is rare that I find a book that changes my perspective on life. I have a hard time finding my words right now since I just finished it. This is a book that I want to live in.

I loved the characters throughout
Misty's Book Space
First off I want to say thank you so much to the author for providing me with an ecopy in exchange for an honest review.

This was my first book by this author and I was pleasantly surprised by it. This book is told from Perry's POV so you learn what is going on when she does. Even though she is clueless as to what is going on she is such a strong, fierce, badass woman and I love seeing female characters who can take care of themselves and aren't afraid to put people in their place if need be.

Max
Rebekah
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, own
I was sent a copy of this book to read and review by the author and it was AMAZING. I’m not just saying that, I promise. I am BLOWN AWAY by how outstanding this novel was. I laughed, I cried, I fangirled. I couldn’t wait to see what happened next!!! I was engaged from the first sentence to the last.
The characters and the sibling relationships were AMAZING. The writing was beautiful and flawless!!
There wasn’t much of a plot as this was a very character-based and world-based book, but it really
Mike
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
An alternate-worlds novel, and a good one. Once I'd suspended my disbelief about identical people being born in extremely different worlds (there's a kind of gesture towards making this vaguely plausible, and you really have to accept it in order for the premise to work), I didn't find anything else that was hard to credit in a plot-hole sense.

The plot moved along nicely, in fact, driven by a quest that was fresh and original, with a cast of appealing-but-flawed characters led by the
Rosetta Overman
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of Shift is confusing, please don't let this turn you off, it's meant to be that way. I loved this book, even when I found myself lost, I enjoyed the narrative. Perry has a strong voice and the story itself moved swiftly despite its length. At the end, I found myself wanting to know more. I loved the multiverse idea and how it was utilized throughout the books. Each world felt different enough that getting them confused would be impossible. Impressive, considering how many of them ...more
Amber M. McCarter
If this had spent more time on the complexities and possibilities of this multiverse set-up, it could have been 4 stars. Unfortunately, the focus of this story was the adventure/drama/romance angle, rather than "intellectual" concept. Nevertheless, it was entertaining and well enough written. If there was a sequel, I would probably read it.
Vesper Vesper
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

See this review and more by clicking the logo!

Upon coming across Shift, I knew immediately that I wanted to read it. I mean, what's not interesting about a dreamer that actually hops to different realities? I don't read a lot of books with plots like this, which makes it easy to get me interested if done right.

We follow Perry, the young woman who shifts without knowing (at least, until she's told about it and finally realizes it for herself). She's extremely friend and family-orientated,
Zili
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, drama, sci-fi, uni, ya
I received a copy from the publisher (via NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review!

I'm a huge sci-fi nerd and can talk for hours about the idea of a multiverse or metaverse. I'm always there with my hand raised ready to sign up for a new story that has anything to do with such a concept. Over the years I've read some wonderful parallel universe stories and some really terrible ones as well. I'm happy to say that I enjoyed Shift and loved the idea behind it.

Imagine if Parallel universes a real
Dani
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-review
*I received this book from Netgalley. My review is completely my own opinions and thoughts.*

I found this book to be very enjoyable. It had a mic of adventure, romance, violence, and mystery. It took me a little bit to understand what was going on, which is why I gave it a 4 instead of 5 as it was confusing as they jumped into different timelines. Once I got the hang of it though I accepted it would take me a second to figure out where they were. I think having a thing saying where they were
Buttercupp77
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science-fiction
This is an incredibly well-written read. The author creates a multitude of worlds - each of which is interesting enough that I would have read about it on its own - and yet the story is cohesive.

The character development is very well-executed, which I think demonstrates the author's clear skill as the protagonists travel between worlds. There are a couple of characters that I wish had been better developed, but the ones that were most important to the story were exceptional, so I can overlook
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
After having increasingly vivid and exhausting dreams, Peregrine “Perry” discovers that she is a Shifter who can exist in multiple versions of reality. With the assistance of her older brother Evan and his friend Max, Perry begins to learn how to control this newly discovered ability. Then, out of nowhere, tragedy strikes and Peregrine finds herself on a journey full of adventure, pain, and, of course, love.

Perry is stubborn, full of sarcasm and definitely has a “flair for the dramatic”. Like
Kit Campbell
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
I enjoyed this! It's a neat twist on idea of multiverses, though that's more of a backdrop to the main story, which is about the characters and what they're willing to do for those they love.

The characters are interesting across the board, from main character Perry all the way to self-absorbed Kellen and mysterious-and-possibly-deranged Thaelia. Perry does get stuck in "I'm mad and will dig myself into a hole" mode quite a bit, but it's not too bad. The relationships between the characters are
Renetta
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun read! I don’t read too much science fiction but this felt very fantasy and I love that, so it worked for me!

Our protagonist is a very spunky and sarcastic girl. At times I thought the sarcasm could use a break and just about then she would be serious for a minute. Great timing there. I do love her personality and the other characters too. I might have a book boyfriend in Max. What a dreamy character. In love and loyal to the end. Ahhh it makes my heart flutter and that’s rare.

There
Jenn : Godzilla is King
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-r2r-books, autumn
I really enjoyed this book, there was a surprise on every page which kept me on my toes and made it so that I needed to find out what happened next. I liked all the characters and felt like I knew all of them personally by the end of the book. I laughed and I cried at some of the sad scenes. One thing that kept nagging at me though was throughout the whole book the story reminded me of something familiar and it took me most of the book to figure it out. This book reminds me of a TV show I used ...more
Mandy Stump
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"I received an ARC copy of this book."
What a fantastic read. This book was so different. Had a strong female lead. She was smart and funny. I love when the FMC doesn't take any crap from anyone. Also loved Max. You have to read it to hear about him *sigh*.. let's just say I love nerdy. I just really loved this book.
Vicky Quenault
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic story with an original plot.
A little slow to start, with the jumping around from ‘dream’ to ‘dream’, but once passed that a very good read.
I loved that the protagonist didn’t immediately fall in love with the hero like in most stories of this type.
I received a complimentary copy from VRO in return for an honest review.
Sara Goldsmith
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the concept of the dream world that Perry has is intertwined with the waking world.
H.S. Stone
May 07, 2018
Kate
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was SOOO addicting!

George manages to transport you to a whole new world where Perry, a shifter, can transport into different dimensions. Yet when tragedy strikes while in one, she must enlist some help along the way in order to save someone she cares about.

The writing in this book is so witty and ironic and hilarious, that I was seriously laughing aloud through the whole book. Perry is a very likable protagonist. I literally could not wait to hear what comes out of her mouth next
Mary T.
Aug 17, 2019
BookwormishMe
Jun 26, 2018
BookwormishMe
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meet Perry, one teenage girl with a vivid dreamlife. Until the reality hits that her dreams aren’t really dreams at all, but alternate realities in which she lives. M.A.George hits it out of the ballpark with this fantasy/scifi book that brings into question all of our realities. Are we really dreaming or are we visiting another Scape that we inhabit.

It’s a crazy concept, but one that George handles with ease. Perry’s primary locale is right there in Oregon where she lives with her crazy Aunt
Kim Hartwell
Sep 10, 2018

• The Distance
  • Flux
  • Infinite
  • Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4)
  • Lady Emmeline and the Swansong Caper (The St. Penrith's Series Book 2)
  • The Misadventures of Pongo McVitie (The St. Penrith's Series Book 3)
  • Flames Over Frosthelm
  • Skeleton with a Heart (Death Knight #1)
  • Delaney's People: A Novel in Small Stories
  • Kyle Achilles Series Complete Collection
M. A. George is part mother of two adorable children, part super top secret agent…Oops, probably just lost that job.

Writing is what keeps her up into the wee hours of the night. Fortunately, she has a lot of energy (Read: caffeine is her friend). She has a bit of an obsession with music (It does a fantastic job of tuning out rambunctious children while she attempts to focus).

She sincerely hopes