Start by marking “Deadly Payload (Rim Country Mysteries #4)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Payload (Rim Country Mysteries #4)

Deadly Payload

(Rim Country Mysteries #4)

Dead birds raining from the sky. Poison in the water supply. Spies on the back porch.

A lifeless crow shatters the windshield as Rita Avery, her daughter-in-law, and her granddaughter arrive at Arizona’s Rim Vista Park. Rita dodges bird carcasses on the road home, where she finds her husband Cliff and son Travis gravely ill from a mysterious pathogen with no cure.

The CDC a
Paperback
Published July 17th 2018 by Short on Time Books

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Payload, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Payload

LORI CASWELL
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2018
Dollycas’s Thoughts

“It started raining dead birds as I turned my Lexus into the driveway of Rim Vista Park. A crow thudded against my windshield, leaving a web-shaped crack and a red smear as it slid to the hood.”

Okay, Ms. Randau, with a first paragraph like that you totally got my attention.

I missed the first two adventures with Cliff and Rita but book #3, Deadly Choices made my Best Reads list last year and when they traveled to New Jersey in the novella, Deadly Reception, for their daughter’s
Margaret
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When Rita Avery's town is infected with a deadly virus, she's determined to find the terrorists who poisoned the water supply. With her son and husband critically ill, she has a strong personal investment. Before the bad guys can strike again, Rita strives to untangle a complicated murderous conspiracy. Rita captures the reader's attention with her smart investigation and courageous determination to to save her family and her town.
Hannah
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Payload seriously kept me on the edge of my seat. I really enjoyed the strong female lead and who doesn't love a Russian spy every once and a while! Such a thrilling page turner!
Ellen Whitfield
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book in the series I've read, and I jumped in without a problem! I love Randau's characters, they're all so well written and grounded, and Rita especially is wonderful. The situations they are in made me incredibly tense, and I really enjoyed her writing style! Going to have to pick up all the other books now :)
Marissa DeCuir
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This thriller has so many twists and turns, from crime to poisoning to Russian spies! Very fast-paced and full of suspense!
JKS Communications
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Deadly Payload is a perfect book for anyone who enjoys suspense with a strong female lead!
Jessica Bronder
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As Rita Avery is on her way home with her daughter in law and granddaughter a bird falls from the sky and shatters her windshield. When husband and son are very sick. Others in the town are becoming sick and it looks like someone has poisoned the water. Even though the CDC step up to try to find a cure Rita knows that those she love won’t survive long enough for that cure. So she steps up and with the help of a homeless vet and herbalist/nurse friend to find a cure for the illness and stop whome ...more
Erika
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, thriller
This book starts with a shock (dead birds raining from the sky, anyone?) and the tension remains fairly steady throughout. Something in town is making people very ill and recently licensed PI Rita Avery is determined to discover what is going on in time to save her husband and her son.

There are some interesting characters in this book, including Mary, a homeless vet who suffers from PSTD, and Taylor, Rita's herbalist / nurse friend. Even though this is book #4 in the series, enough little bits o
Nancy Luebke
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: goodreads
I really enjoyed this mystery. I received this for free and voluntarily chose to review it. I've given it a 5* rating. This pulled me in from the first and was very fast pace. It had a lot going on and I needed to know what happened next.There were a few false leads which stirred things up a lot. I was pleasantly surprised by this book.
Louise Pledge
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Deadly Payload" was full of suspense, which is always good. I was a little confused at times; perhaps it was because this was Book #4 in a series, and I hadn't read the other three, or maybe it was just me.
but it didn't inspire me to go back and read the others.
Amy
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Reads like an early draft of a promising novel.
Carol
RO G'ma
Susan Kennedy
Ann Ellis
  • The Amish Widow's Faith
  • A Rake Reformed (Gentlemen of Worth, #6)
  • Gabriella Gigabyte: Secret of the King Cobra
  • Out of Tune
  • Best Laid Plans: a romance novel (Greywater Chronicles #2)
  • Fire at Sunset (The Firefighters of Darling Bay, #4)
  • When Opposites Attract... (The Barrington Trilogy, #1)
  • For Love or Liberty (The MacGregor Legacy, #3)
  • Watergirl
  • The Holidays (Choose Your Own Misery #2)
  • When Love Matters Most (San Diego K-9 Unit #2)
  • Lady Justice and the Assassin
  • All Good Things (The Good Life #2)
  • Head Over Halo
  • The Gerbil Farmer's Daughter: A Memoir
  • Last Chance Mustang: The Story of One Horse, One Horseman, and One Final Shot at Redemption
  • Silk Stalkings (A Material Witness Mystery #3)
  • Reaper's Novice (Soul Collector, #1)
A native of the southwestern U.S., Karen Randau has been writing and telling stories since elementary school. She holds a degree in journalism/public relations from The University of Texas at Austin and has enjoyed a long career in marketing communications.

In her work with an international non-profit, she has traveled to numerous developing countries, witnessing famines, violence, and hopeful peop

Rim Country Mysteries (4 books)
  • Deadly Deceit (Rim Country Mysteries #1)
  • Deadly Inheritance (Rim Country Mysteries #2)
  • Deadly Choices (Rim Country Mysteries #3)