Start by marking “Crossing the Line (The Line, #1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (The Line, #1)

Crossing the Line

(The Line #1)

He's a killer able to reach even the most untouchable marks and she's his new obsession.

Watching her from his balcony, Hunter can't fight the force pulling him toward the girl who just moved in across the street. But, when the police take her away, he has no choice but to follow.

Published July 17th 2018 (first published July 12th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crossing the Line

Start your review of Crossing the Line (The Line, #1)
Fre06 Begum
Zoe
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gritty, suspenseful, and risqué!

Crossing the Line is a twisty, fervid tale that takes you on a journey into the life of Adelaide Cole, a sweet young woman who after moving to a new city to start afresh inadvertently finds her life turned upside down after she witnesses a murder, is placed under protection, andthe dangerous and intense Hunter enters her life.

The prose is tight and seductive. The characters are consumed, obsessive, and impulsive. And the plot told from alternating POVs is an
Snow

I m not sure how to put it nicely...

This could have worked if there weren't any romanticizing of the anti-hero...

And then it might have worked as a crime action packed drama...maybe

But due to several illogical, naive and quite lame, or, even more, unnecessary solutions in the plot, this story just didnt work for me.

With all due respect towards the author, I do acknowledge the efforts put into the realization of the storyline, but there just wasn't enough credibility nor connection needed for me
Jessica Calla
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, my second Stockholm Syndrome type book in a week! Loved this book by Nikki Rose about Addy and Hunter! Let's see if I can do with without spoilers: When Addy tries to restart her life with a new apartment in the big city, things go downhill when she witnesses a crime. Hunter, who lives across the street from her, finds himself intrigued by Addy and keeps an eye out for her. Addy has to get into witness protection, and suddenly, everything she thought she knew about the crime she witnessed, ...more
Coco.V
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (3/6/2019)!

Blurb:

All Addy wanted was a new beginning and a chance at a normal life after leaving her cheating ex. But, after she witnesses a brutal crime, she's forced to relocate while the
Nikita Oberoi
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
Crossing the line

Nah, not my kinda book. Neither liked or disliked the story.. it was okay-ish. I guess it might have worked for me as a crime action packed..

The story had potential, the start was really nice but then with every chapter my interest deteriorated. I don’t want to spoil this book for you guys that’s why I am not giving any spoilers. It might be of your taste, give it a try.
Missy
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Captivating Storyline and Intriguing Characters
I underestimated this book and was more than pleasantly surprised! The story line was mind blowing and there was never a dull moment! It has made it on my favorite list, with a new character crush!

The characters are strong, likable, and well developed. As Nikki Rose’s debut novel, she is a genius and mastermind of suspense. The way she weaved the plot together, unraveling just enough of the back story to keep you guessing until you needed to know.
Liz
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, mystery
In fiction, romance is so much better when it is laced with murder and mayhem! I can take ‘sap’ but I do enjoy when it’s balanced out with something different.

In Crossing the Line, Addy, our female main character, has recently moved into a new city after her engagement broke off (and good riddance, the guy is a douche!) and she quickly makes new friends. After a night out with her new acquaintances, she witnesses a horrific crime in a dark alley. Just like that, boom, she’s whisked into a cop
Alison
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was only due to a fellow blogger asking if I would like to read and review Crossing the Line that it even touched my radar. I’ve not read anything else by Nikki Rose so I could only base my opinion as to whether it might be worth a shot on the cover image and blurb.

Now I do like my romance to have a bit of an edge, anything that mentions crime, brutality and witness protection is likely to send little quivers of interest up my spine.

Poor Addy, has come from a brutal background with her ex,
Patty
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my, this book was not what I was expecting at all. Totally twisted and I loved it! This story was so thrilling and exciting. I was turning pages till I could not turn anymore and I still wanted more.

All Addy wants is a new fresh start in life. After her ex cheated on her she moved to the city to do just that. But then one night she ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now she is on the run from a killer. Little does she know that this killer will want more than her death, he wants
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

Having never read a book by Nikki Rose, I really didn't have any frame of reference to go by when leaping into this fictional world. All I knew is the blurb intrigued me and I absolutely love suspenseful romance! Their is something about the mystery and and the twist and turns that keeps me in knots and on the edge, anticipating what will come next. After reading Crossing The Line, I can say that Nikki Rose did just
Aqsa
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it

idk this was trash
Kat  Snark
Nov 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars!

Read my full review on Cover to Cover Book Blog.

Disclaimer: I received this book free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, but it does not influence my opinion of the book nor the contents of this review in any way.

This review does include spoilers

I was first intrigued by Crossing the Line by the blurb. I love dark romances, and haven’t been reading them of late, so this one really caught me. He’s a killer (and a bit of a stalker), obsessed with a girl across the
Norma
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was given the opportunity to read this book for an honest review. I will be reviewing the entire series, and this one was well worth the read! Crossing the Line focuses on the story of Hunter and Addy. This story had me on the edge of my seat from the very beginning, refusing to let me put it down. I HAD TO KNOW!

At the beginning, you think Hunter is nothing but a killer, but as the story unfolds, you find out the truth. At first, I didn’t like him, I was completely turned off by him.
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Crossing the Line is an original read, and the reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because there was some unnecessary things that could have been omitted, as not only did they piss me off in a huge way, but Hunter is now on my crap list. Addy has started her life over again, by breaking off an engagement, moving to a new apartment in a very different area than her & the douche fiance were moving to. She quickly witnessed a horrific crime, which landed her in Witness Relocation, and it's there ...more
Sally Mieske
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Crossing The Line is Hunter and Addy’s story. Nikki Rose is a new author to me, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I liked their story. It kept interested all the way to the end.

I have mad respect for Addy. She moved away from all of her family, even after finding out her ex-fiancé was cheating on her.

I wasn’t sure how to feel about Hunter at the beginning of the book. He kinda came off as a creeper . Come to find out, that couldn’t be farther from the truth. He always had Addy’s best interests
Beauty And The Books
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kristen
At first I was not sure how I was going to feel about this book. I read lots of reviews on this story and some were not so great but I'm so glad I gave this book a chance. I enjoyed this story a lot but I feel like it's of those books your either really going to enjoy or really going to hate. This book was amazing.
AnneKR
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hunter’s life is filled with terror and violence. One night he happens to look out from his balcony across the street to the next building and sees a beautiful, carefree woman dancing while unpacking. Intrigued, he can’t help but to keep watching her discreetly. He wants to meet her and when it finally happens, it unfortunately is not the way Hunter had wanted or expected.

Addy is dealing with breaking off her engagement with her cheating ex and moving into a new city. When she goes out for a
CeeJay Daisy
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
DON’T PASS UP THIS NEW AUTHOR’S FIRST BOOK...
Just because this is the first book by Author, Nikki Rose , don’t let that keep you from reading CROSSING THE LINE....I loved the story, I loved the characters, Hunter and Addy, and I will be waiting for Book 2 to be released...There is never a dull moment, and when you feel like you have it all figured out, it takes another twist or turn....
Congratulations, Nikki Rose on your first of many books to come...
Tammy
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by this author, and it defs won't be the last. Loved it, loved how the reader was kept in suspense, loved the chemistry between Addy and Hunter. I believe this was a debut novel for this author and if it is already this good I can't wait to read more
Suze Bickerton
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was intrigued to read this book, which is described as a romantic suspense novel, as it's not something I would normally read. Suspense yes, romance no. So, it was going to be a different experience for me.

I liked Addy immediately. She's starting a new life after leaving a cheating ex, settling in, making new friends and has a new job to start. But then it goes horribly wrong when she is the only witness to an awful crime. For her safety, she is moved to a small town under a new name. and
Sidd Burth
Aug 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
At first, it looks as if Nikki Rose has written a book that is more thriller than romance. Her free-flowing narrative alternates between points of views, sometimes tense and partly logical, and at other times naive and immensely erotic. Her book touches upon an issue that has been close to my heart: trafficking of humans.

Witnessing something horrible and then living one’s life in the prison of a witness protection program is even “more horrible”. A young woman restarts her life in a new city and
Claire
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This review originally appeared on BrizzleLass Books.

Hunter is a paid killer, cold, meticulous with attention to detail that is unmistakable. Addy is the girl next door, happy, carefree, and she has the attention of the killer, just not as his prey…at least not the kind of prey you would expect. Then she witnesses a murder and her life spirals out of control.

Nikki Rose has offered a debut novel full of sneaky twists and plot developments that leave you with no idea where this book is going to
Rina's Reads
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Nancy Chastain
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hunter is a man of mystery. His life is full of secrets and danger. He didn't release what was missing until the empty apartment across the road was no longer vacant. Hunter became obsessed with watching her every movement. There was something about her that called to him.
Addy was new to the city. Determined to put the small town life behind her. New beginning is what she craved. Just as she is settling in her life is turned upside down. In a moments notice her simple existence will never be
Anna
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first romantic suspense novel and I was pleasantly surprised! Addy and Hunter are characters that grab your attention from the beginning. I found myself wishing the book was longer because SO much happened at the end with twists I never saw coming. I had to go back and re-read everything to make sure I captured it all. Nikki is an author that I look forward to reading more from in the future!
James Ransier
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this novel, it kept me on the edge of my seat and honestly I loved it. I love anti-heroes and people always assume they need to be borderline bad guys but anti-heroes need love too. All in all I loved it.
Samantha Hanson
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark love story

I saw an ad for this book on insta a few week back and couldn't wait to read it. The story was written flawlessly and the characters were so easy to love! 5 stars from Reviews by Reds!
Tiffany Ransier
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful debut novel! The characters were intriguing, the plot kept me interested, and Addy was a great heroine! I love reading romantic suspense and this hit the mark perfectly. I can’t wait to read more of her work.
Paula Genereau
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story. It's full of suspense and romance. I couldn't put it down
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Silenced By Sin (Heaven's Guardians MC, #2)
  • Undone
  • Primal Need (Primal Howlers MC Book 2)
  • Daddy's Heart (Windy City #5)
  • Defiance (The Chicago Defiance MC Series Book 7)
  • Waiting for the Sun (Hand Over My Heart Duet, #2)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Devils & Dust
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Back to You this Christmas
  • Dr. Dan
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Venom
  • Chased By The Light (Scion, #1)
  • Play Me (Jaded Ivory, #5)
  • Sacrifice

The Line (3 books)
  • Blurring the Line (The Line, #2)
  • Drawing the Line (The Line, #3)