Start by marking “Grasping For Air (Adair Empire #6)” as Want to Read:
Grasping For Air (Adair Empire #6)

Grasping For Air

Desperate measures.
A devastating loss.
A hard choice.
She ran…
How long will her lies have them…
Grasping For Air

**WARNING**
 The Adair Empire is a dark and graphic romance that will push your buttons, and maybe your boundaries. Each book contains a new couple but ends with a plot cliff-hanger.  This is the final book in the Adair Empire

Series mus
Published July 24th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Grasping For Air, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grasping For Air

Neringa Neringiukas
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I freakn knew it! I knew it. But what I knew, you will have to find out on your own. Lol.
Story itself, well I enjoyed but hated it. Hated because it's goodbye to Empire. This series was great.
Island Girl Romance Reads
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful end to an amazing series!
This book was everything and more that hoped to be.
Beautiful ending. Loved it so much.
I can’t recommend this series enough. I had so many emotions when reading this book and I didn’t want it to end.
KL Donn scored with this series and it’s one of my favorite dark series ever. And it’s going to stay with me for a long time.
Thank you KL Donn for this amazing book and series.

5 stars are not enough!
Laundry
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
6 times. 6 times I threw myself into the dark, forbidden, underground world of the Adair Empire. Never, in all the years I've been reading, have I ever been so invested in a fictitious world as I have of this one so intricately created by KL. To say I'm sad this is the final installment is quite the understatement. I have made it abundantly clear in my previous reviews that I'm not a gore fan. I avoid scary movies like the plague. But this series? I would recommend it over and over and over agai ...more
April Symes
This series about the Adair Empire has been such a mindblowing, dark, delicious, intense ride that I never want it to stop. This is the last book in the series called “Grasping for Air”. This book had twists that I didn't expect and I know you wouldn’t think of. I want to give a review that doesn’t really have any spoilers so let me say, in this last book, questions will finally be answered and if you like rollercoasters, then you will love this book because of the range of emotions you get and ...more
Erika PBookHavenBookBlog
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"This is what I've wanted from the moment I laid eyes on these men. What I've dreamed of for weeks on end. Their attention. Their claiming. Their love."

Whew...short, hot, and no holds barred!! Action, suspense, angsty drama, and I devoured it. I've been waiting for this story since these characters where introduced, and I wasn't disappointed, a truly well done MMF with heart, heat, and emotion!!

"He'll take my heart. They both will. Have, already."

The characters compliment each other well, each a
Up All Night With Books
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Outstanding Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

I am left grasping for air after reading book six in the Adair Empire series, Grasping for Air by K. L. Donn. Holy smokes this book! Each book is a different couple BUT you should read the series in order to grasp the whole story. You will not be disappointed.

K. L. Donn has saved her best for this installment. Just when you thought she couldn't think or add anything else possible she has gone outside the box and blown
Codie  Riddell
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Five stars isn't enough to demonstrate what I thought of this book. My hopes and expectations were blown apart from the start. This book has some bombshells, it has twists and turns you don't expect, the feelings it gave me were significant. I smiled, laughed and cried while reading it. This was the perfect conclusion to what has been an incredible journey with the Adair Empire.
Jennifer Finn
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Adair Empire series by K.L. Donn. Daniel Corelli is 30 years old, he joined King Adair’s empire seven years ago when King hired him for his computer skills after serving time in prison. Dimitri Petrov worked for the Justice Department when he was sent undercover to infiltrate Timothy McCray’s organization. He thought it would last a few months but he ended up undercover with one of the worst human beings for ten years. He started out being called captain America by ...more
Cait's Creatures
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing

First of all, can I just say how hard it is to write reviews for cliffhanger books? Cause ugh, this is realllyyyy hard. But also reaalllyyyyy worth it.

If you didn't think this was going to be 5 stars, you obviously don't know how obsessed I am with this series, this author, or Luther. Cause seriously, I'm obsessed with them all. I have the cover for Luther as my background on my phone (which can get kinda awkward at my new job but YOLO).

From the moment I read Luther (cause yeah, totes didn't g
Samantha I Love HEA Romance Book Blog
4.5 Stars

I highly anticipated the release of this book. I was so excited when it hit my kindle. This book is the last book in the Adair Empire series and I am so glad to see it come to an end. I must admit that while this book was such a great dark, steamy read, I was left wanting a little more out of it by the end. I kind of felt that the ending was a little rushed, but other than that this book was so good and fed my Adair addiction!

The characters within this story all worked well together. I
Ruby Ap.
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Ruby by: Been reading author's work since the beginning
I've been waiting to read the last book of this series since reading Carver: Past Lies, which is Carver and Meadow's story but we also get to read about the other characters from the series and see how they are doing. By the end of Carver, I was bawling my eyes out, especially with that cliffhanger we were left with. I was like, "WHY!?"

Luckily, we get to this last book to give us answers to all of the unanswered questions we were left with and I got to say, I was shocked, frustrated, ecstatic, a
Breyana Floyd
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I think my reviews may come off bias, especially when it comes to K.L. Donn lol. I'm always raving about what a talent Krystal has for the written word. And she honestly does have an ability like I've never seen. But with this series, and especially this last book there is a connection between character and reader like never before. Gasping for Air weaved magic for its audience. Each page carried a new twist, a new turn, a new chance to love it, yet hate it all the same because you knew it meant ...more
Carmen  Torres
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grasping for Air by K.L. Donn

I got to know this author in a Kindle World book Until Arsen. However,she quickly had a grasp of my mind. This is the last book of the Adair Empire. Which is a series to die for. While the books are Dark; they're not exactly what you think! These books are about redemption,love, and most importantly familia. In this last book I cried,yelled,cursed and just fell apart. The twist and turns are the stuff of legends. Please pick up this book and series! You'll thank me f
Kari Hansen
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is with mixed feelings that I read the last installment of the Adair Empire. This series has captivated me from the first word of the first book to the last word in this book. It is dark, dirty and oh so emotional. It features characters that live by their own code of right and wrong but when they fall for their women they crash.

This story begins where Carver: Past Lies left us with an incredible cliff hanger so for maximum enjoyment it should be read first. It takes us on an adventure filled
Tracie Douglas
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book, the final book to the series, The Adair Empire, was the perfect ending to an amazing series.

It was also the perfect story. Highly anticipated - it played every emotion on my heart and mind. And when it was all said and done...left me speechless. Beautifully written, KL Donn, proves time and again, she knows how to tell a story.

I loved, loved this book and I was happy to have the surprises it comes with. It's hot. It's electric. It's everything a book should be, and so much more!

Hands
Rachael
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the Adair series. It was bittersweet to see the series come to an end, but what a great way to end the series! I loved the story, and there were so many twists! It was the perfect ending, and I could not put the book down until it was finished. There were so many different emotions throughout the book, and it really pulled you in from the first page. This is a must read, but you HAVE to read Carver first! I would highly recommend that you read the entire series before t ...more
Tianna
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All good things must end. But, when it comes to the Adair Empire, that ending isn’t gonna just be normal! How do you move forward when your world is falling apart? Danika has to move on without Danny-boy and without Dimitri. Dimitiri has to make things work for him and deal with what has happened since Danny died.

The empire is strong and family is everything, but there is a time when you need to step back and take care of you and your life. Dimitri is at this crossroads now.

Honestly, KL Donn mad
Natasha Carrere
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-reads
This woman just doesn’t stop getting better and better! I felt like I just found this series and it’s already done. One of my favorite series so far! Highly recommended and definitely need to start from the beginning!
Lisa J
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm upset, I'm elated, I'm all the feels with this book. Dimitri has lost a lot, but I love what he finds. Hate to see the series end, but love that there will be more of others coming soon.

This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.
Courtney
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KL Donn you have knocked it out of the park with your finale to the Adair Empire! This series has been fantastic from the beginning to this last book. I am still speechless after reading Grasping for Air! For the dedication in the beginning of this one I was hooked. I laughed, I cried, I was shocked. These guys of the Adair Empire live by their own code and yet when they find the women meant for them those women have the power to drop them to their knees. Grasping for Air was the perfect ending ...more
Teresa Lara
Love this series♡Give me more♡D Dannyboy and Nika was awesome
Cynthia Bishop
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The finish line is near. This is the last book in the Adair Empire Series and it was phenomenal. I have waited for Daniel's story since the beginning and as they say you always save the best for last. This story was worth the wait. I have never been big on reading these types of stories but KL Donn has written them wonderfully. If you feel that dark romances are not for I encourage you to just give this series a try. This book does not leave you hanging.
Sherry Hays
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Say it is not so. This is the final book in the Adair Empire series.
I absolutely loved this book.
The story was very well written.
I loved the chemistry between the characters.
I voluntarily read and reviewed this book from an advanced reader copy.
Amanda Rodriguez
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Three tortured souls, three different people and all three have one love...each other. Grasping for air is so moving and takes you on the journey of Dimitri, Daniel and Danika and how they show that with the right amount of encouragement you can overcome your worst nightmare and find true love. The roller coaster that Grasping For Air took me on was so strong that I cried for each one of the characters as they had their ups and downs. Worth the 5 stars and I cannot wait to see what is next from ...more
Lynne Garlick
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have literally inhaled this book in one afternoon, like a fine wine, I could not put it down. I NEEDED to know how this series was going to end, and I was not disappointed!
Where the heck is that golden button?!! I wish I could give more than Five Stars!!
Not going to lie, this series has consumed me.....totally consumed me, body, heart and soul! Each character taking a piece of my heart and burrowing into my soul. Dramatic?! Nope! It's the sign of a truly amazing writer, whose every word draws
Jamie Kocurek
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The perfect end to an amazing series. I feel honored we got to go into the Adair Empire and read these amazing books. It is hard to not include spoilers so I will leave you with this: if you dont pick up this book you are doing yourself a disservice! This book like the entire series was thoughtfully and beautifully written!
Jenn Allen
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such an amazing story! My heart was ripped apart, put back together, twisted and squeezed throughout the entire book. The pain, love, strength, devotion... it's all there. Tears were shed. I hate to see the end of this series, but what a way to go. Absolutely loved it.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Mindy Mccray
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW! Just WOW! This book is absolutely amazing! After reading Carver, I wasn't sure about this book but I'm so glad I didn't give up! KL Donn is a brilliant author who knows how to grab the audience by the heart and not let go til the end! I highly recommend this whole series if you like a good dark read!
Alexandra
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Five spectacular stars! Grasping for Air will leave you breathless...

OMFG! What a way to end a dark and addictive series. Grasping for Air is the cherry at the top of the cake. K.L. Donn killed me with each book in the Adair Empire Series and brought me to life with this fantastic and intense book. It has all the feels mixed with twisted drama and raw romance that made any reader crave more. This is the kind of book that devours your soul and makes your heart beats at its perverse tempo.

I can’
Janine - The World Was Hers for the Reading
Grasping for Air was the stunning conclusion of KL Donn’s Adair Empire. This story picks up where Carver and Meadow’s story ended and tells the tale of the aftermath focusing on what happens to Daniel, Dimitri and Danika.

While each book of this series has led into the next, Past Lies was a gut wrenching cliffhanger. When all hope seems lost, Danika runs . . . she knows she can’t stay and she’d rather face almost certain death by feeling one last connection to her family by returning to her nativ
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Krystal is a proud Canadian girl, hailing from Sherwood Park, Alberta. She has a strong dislike for the winter, and a love for spring. Married to her husband Steve, for 13 years, they have 4 beautiful red headed spawns ranging in ages 6-13. She has a strong love of coffee, sarcasm, and wine. (Not necessarily in that order either.)

She has been a published author for over 3 years now. With over 20 b

Adair Empire (6 books)
  • King: 13 Little Lies (Adair Empire, #1)
  • Luther: 2 Truths and a Lie (Adair Empire, #2)
  • Castiel: With Lies (Adair Empire, #3)
  • Atticus: Secret Lies (Adair Empire, #4)
  • Carver: Past Lies (Adair Empire, #5)