Start by marking “True North (Bad Idea Book 3)” as Want to Read:
True North (Bad Idea Book 3)

True North

(Bad Idea #3)

Poor. Violent. Criminal.

They said I’d amount to nothing, and I believed them.

Until I met her.

Layla saved me from my worst, but sacrificed her best to do it. Now the tables have turned, and it's time for me to bring her back to the land of the living.

But I might be too late.

Because sometimes our worst demons are those we never expect. And sometimes getting rid of them isn’
Published May 31st 2018

Start your review of True North (Bad Idea Book 3)
Talia (Red Hot Ink)
There are no words to express how great this book is, if not by saying that True North is my favorite read by 2018 and will stay so until the end of the year.

This book was pure perfection from the first paragraph to the very last. It was as if the author had read my mind about everything I wished this book would be and then wrote something ten times better than what my fantasies may had been.

I loved how much happier this book was compared to the first angst-filled two. After seeing Nico and
Cristina
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my God! I’m not ready to give up on Nico and Layla! I finished this series and I need more! I don’t know what could possibly happen in a next book (the book I need), but I want so much more. I loved this couple.
However, if there will not be another book about Nico and Layla, at least give me a book about Gabe. Because he is funny and he’s the next Soltero. Dr. Soltero. This sounds good.
Melanie A.
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, kindle
3.5 STARS!
"I knew that one day I would find my true north. I just never imagined she would be this beautiful, inside and out. I never imagined she would be you."
Nico and Layla . . . what a journey! One I'm so glad I took.

In this last installment, Nico and Layla are dealing with the aftermath of her relationship with Giancarlo.
Here we are, finally with our chance to be together, and there's this hulking ghost between us, taunting with his shadows.
I loved that the author didn't just
Carlene Inspired

In advance of this review I would like to state that True North is the third novel in a series and I had not read the previous two novels prior to reading True North. It is labeled as a standalone, but I personally just went back and read the other two and I can say the series is more enjoyable as a whole. That said, not reading them first did not hurt my reading or review of this novel, because Nicole French knows how to write series novels that individually carry themselves and are only
Na
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Saudade. A longing that never leaves. The bitter and the sweet. Just like us."

True North, the third book in the Bad Idea series by Nicole French. A wonderful and satisfying conclusion to Layla's and Nico's story.

"For better or for worse, neither of us ever learned to take the good without the bad, the pleasure without a bit of pain. Love always had to hurt a little."

Nico and Layla are such easy lovable characters and I got pretty much attached to them through the series. Not only because Nico
Brooke Gunderman-Harris
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description

Nicole French continues with the Nico and Layla's storyline and I couldn't have been more excited to read this as soon as it hit my iPad! I am a HUGE lover of Nicole French and I literally cant ever get enough of her writing and this storyline is one that sucked me in from the first book!

Nico and Layla have come such a long way from the first book and this book was such a great installment to their story. They have had so many obstacles in their way but they always find a way to make it work
Ann Kelly-Uhryn
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am willingly sharing my review with Endlessly Reading book blog.

True North is book three of the Bad Idea series, you definitely need to read the others first. I highly recommend this book. Nicole French is phenomenal at writing angst, the previous books in this series she has had me near tears with Nico and Layla's story and True North was the same. But fear not, you will slowly have your heart down back together. I have loved Nico and Layla from when I read Bad Idea, my first taste of this
Jo
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Five Star Read, 1-Click now. This Nico and Layla had me swoonin' from the beginning. I don't do spoilers but you won't regret this last book in the trilogy. I love Nicole French's books, never disappointing always sad when they end.
The only ugly thing is revenge reviews!
wait and buy the book, nbd! I do it for my favorite authors. Please don't let Negative Nellys ruin an amazing read and our trilogy closure, Au La Merde!
A true fan , I will love all your libres! GREAT JOB
BooksCastleIgnite
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Omg Nicole you did it again!!!

True North is such an phenomenal, beautiful, and epic love story!! Nico is seriously a hero in my eyes!! Nico’s character is the antonym of strength and courage for Layla, and I just love these two characters so much. They will always have a special place in my heart !!

I love how I was able to see how much Layla and Nico has developed throughout the series. To see them grow up to the loving people they are in the end is amazing !

I have to say that form all the
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
A perfect conclusion for Layla and Nico

"If I am his true north, then he is mine. Together, we'll never lose our way again."

TRUE NORTH is the third book in Nicole French's Bad Idea Series. It is also the heartwarming conclusion to Layla and Nico's story. Even though this can be read as a standalone, to have a deeper understanding and more enjoyment from this story I recommend that both Bad Idea and Lost Ones be read first. For a little further information on Nico, Broken Arrow is also a
Jolene St Germain Triggs
Shelves: arcs
I don't even know what to say, I am still in AWE of this series, and I finished it hours ago! So buckle up, I'll try to put why I LOVED this series so much into words...
First of all, her world... I said about the previous two books, a HUGE reason I love this Author is she spends alot of time on not JUST the characters, but their surroundings. The tapestry she weaves is palpable, I truly feel immersed in this city and culture during this time. I really can feel the world through these characters
Up All Night With Books
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Heartwarming Stars
Review by Lisa
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

First I have to say I just love the name of this book and the story behind it!! True North by Nichole French is the third and final installment in the Bad Idea series. And what and ending it is! Without giving anything away, I will say that this installment will surprise you with a few twist and turns and a perfect ending.

Very well written, with all those loose ends tied up including some that you may have forgotten
Felicia
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good finish to this series. I think I was expecting Giancarlo to play a larger part in this story. Even though he was taken in the beginning I kind of wanted something more to happen to Layla and Nico other than his mother's storyline of almost getting deported. But whatevs. This was still a cute ending. Layla and Nico, they are relationship goals! Hot damn. I need to find me a man like Nico! Where he at though?! Hahahaha. But for real. I loved this series. The first book was good and ...more
Teri
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ok I didn't throw anything although I did want to shoot her father. Years of heartache and healing have come to pass and these two finally set on a path of being together. There are still challenges but challenges make us strong. . . if they don't kill us first. While the beginning of their story was filled with trauma and torment, fear and longing this part of the story is mild in comparison. The author gives us a chance to breathe with them as their journey continues. The story is still ...more
Lissy Liz
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this couple.. their chemistry was something else.
Lisa Reynolds
May 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When you find your True North!

What an amazing series. This is one of my favorite couples this year. Nico and Layla mean so much reading about their journey. I'm hoping this really isn't the end for them but even if it is, I'll cherish them like I really knew them. Their story will suck you in and make you feel like your experiencing everything with them. The writing of their story was that great. When I read Bad Idea, I didn't think I was going to like it as much as I did. I not only liked it, I
Kymberly Dingman
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If I could rate this book more then 5 stars, I'd easily rate it a million stars. Once again Nicole French knocks it out of the park. This books was everything I've come to expect from her and more. It was a perfect way to end this trilogy. Nicole has a way with words that will make you feel what the characters are feeling. after reading all 7 of Nicole's books I would read anything she put out, no questions asked.
Joanne Coughlin
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Truly Epic Love Story

I had no idea the 1st book was part of a series! After reading it, I. Immediately downloaded book 2 and 3 and continued right away, unable to put it down! Absolutely amazing storyline, beautiful heroine and hero. I was completely drawn into their love story, their resolve to be together. Absolutely loved it! A definite must read!!!!
Olivia Jamieson
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and loved it. I loved how it wasn’t just fully then being happy all the way (although I would have loved that anyway) but it showed them having problems and the way she felt with the attack was very realistic. The whole ending to their love story in this final book was just amazing and I loved it, it read it so quickly just to show how much I did love it.
Jennifer Pinter
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real Love

How can I say what I need to say about this incredible series without giving anything? Well simply superb. I could not put it down and waiting excitedly for this release and Nicole French did not disapoint. Read the series! I've already recommend it to tons of Friends and family. Spite fire is also a great read. Nicole please give ua more!
Deborah G.
As I finish reading the final pages of this three book series by Nicole French I'm quite saddened that it's over. I have a few couples in the romance genre that will always be my favorites but Layla & Nico claim the top spot so far in 2018. There were parts in the series that were slow & redundant but overall I truly enjoyed the author's writing style. She grabbed my attention and drew me into the imperfect lives of Nico & Layla as well as their families. I felt their love, angst ...more
Janet Harrall
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great ending to a great series. I really got into this story and was rooting for Layla and Nico all the way through. They both had so much baggage and flawed pasts but true love conquers all .
Both characters really grew up and matured in this story and one or two characters got what was coming to them, namely Layla's dad !!.
Well worth reading!!.
Spunky N Sassy
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 5.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's Review~~~~~~~~~~

This is the final book in the Bad Idea series and one I have been wanting to read. In this book we follow Nico and Layla's story and the repercussions of her time with Giancarlo, the horror that she is still facing. Not knowing if she will ever be a normal girlfriend to Nico again. Nico is determined to be there for Layla as well as save his mother from being deported. Their lives seem to be coming together but unexpected events may
Jackie
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well what can be said about this book True North. Its the third in the series and Wow just Wow what a fantastic read it is. I loved it from the start Nico and Layla are made for each other. They have had there fair share or up's and down's,happy or sad good or bad, but who doesn't, these characters are both so loveable, and they are growing from strength to strength, with so many obstacles in the way, with the love they hold for each other they can conquer anything.This book pulls on your heart ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed this angsty read by Nicole French. This is the final book in the Bad Idea Series and I can honestly say I am sad to see it end. I fell in love with Nico and Layla from the beginning of the series and this book did not disappoint. I highly recommend the whole series and to start at the beginning.
Heather
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the final book in the three book series by Nicole French. It was truly amazing. I loved it so much. It was great to see how Nico and Layla's story ended. Nicole wrote their story so well with such great characters and an amazing plot. Just a perfect book and series!! 5 stars
Jen
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

The storyline and the characters drew me in from the moment I started reading the 1st book. This trilogy was so well written, I may never open another contemporary romance book again. WOW...Just a phenomenal must read!!!
Dawna Stevenson
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I’ve very much enjoyed this series. Fun read.
Andi
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m so glad I started this series. It’s amazing. So emotional, such beautiful writing and a happy ending (finally). Love Nico and Layla! Must read.
Shirley Foster
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review

Love it going to go back and read the other two really real situations, makes you think and be aware..
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Love Trap (Quicksilver Book 3)
  • Lured by Lies (Truth or Lies #0.5)
  • Tomorrow (Kingsley, #1)
  • After Tomorrow (Kingsley, #2)
  • Like Father Like Son (Father/Son Duet Book 1)
  • Different as Night and Day (Father/Son Duet Book 2)
  • Incomplete
  • Bend (Waters, #1)
  • Caged in Winter (Reluctant Hearts, #1)
  • The Debt (Mafia Vows, #1)
  • Where I Found You
  • The Italian
  • Pervade London (Pervade Duet, #1)
  • Kiss My Ash
  • Lass
  • Breaking Kate (Acceptance, #1)
  • Pretty Reckless
  • The Promise: Mafia Vows Two

Nicole French is a USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance. She's also a hopeless romantic, low key fashion addict, and total bookworm.

Keep up with Nicole French and receive your FREE copy of one of her books when you subscribe to her newsletter: bit.ly/NicoleFrenchNewsletter

When not writing, she

Bad Idea (3 books)
  • Bad Idea (Bad Idea #1)
  • Lost Ones (Bad Idea #2)
“He believes in me when I’m not sure I can. He assures me, again and again, that I’m stronger than I feel.” 1 likes
“If you had asked me two years ago if I believed in soul mates, I would have said no. But here is a person toward whom, from the start, every cell in my body seemed drawn. I just don’t make sense without him. And I don’t want to, either.” 1 likes