Start by marking “Priceless: An Ironfire Legacy Novella” as Want to Read:
Priceless: An Ironfire Legacy Novella

Priceless: An Ironfire Legacy Novella

(The Ironfire Legacy #1.5)

A little ambition can turn into a lot of trouble—even for the city’s wiliest double agent.

After years of rebel spywork in the dragon-human war, Nula Thredsing is ready to claim her legacy.

As the Scepter of Commerce’s new liaison to dragons, she’s one step away from the old family seat on the city council. But during her first meeting with dragon diplomat Tiers Sunscaler, t
Published June 13th 2018 by Uncommon Universes Press LLC

To ask other readers questions about Priceless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priceless

Start your review of Priceless: An Ironfire Legacy Novella
Laura Grace
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Lawless, book one in The Ironfire Legacy, but I IMMENSELY enjoyed Priceless! Everything about it was simply awesome, but the relationship between Nula and Tiers was by my favorite part of this story.

It makes me smile to think that in book one, I wasn't fond of Nula and didn't really like her. Meanwhile, within the first chapter of Priceless, I'm already starting to *really* like her and continue to like her EVEN more as the novella progresses. I give major props to the author for taki
Kat Heckenbach
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, so I will admit I wasn't as fond of the main characters in this book as I was of the ones in the first of the series, but I did grow to like them more as the story unfolded. The story world is still awesome, and this one added even more dimensions, added history and new info about the dragons. Some real surprises start hitting about half-way through. ...more
Heather Hayden
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun novella set in the same world as Lawless, featuring one of the characters who played a major role in that book. Nula is a countess with a heavy history of espionage and betrayal, someone who keeps her heart closely guarded.

Unfortunately for her, the dragon diplomat coming for a visit turns out to be her embermate! Chaos ensues as they both struggle with their pasts and this new bond that threatens their lives.

This is a romantic steampunk novella, with politics, imminent danger, and
Anna Tan
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I pretty much loved Lawless to bits, so when I was offered a review copy of Priceless it was all *grabby hands*.

Priceless is not as... involved, since it's like an in-between-novella that focusses on Nula Thredsing, one of the minorish characters in Lawless, and Tiers Sunscaler, who if I recall correctly hasn't quite showed up yet, other than in a few mentions. So yeah-- if this is a tactic to make readers excited for book 2, then Ippolito has nailed it. Because Priceless...

- is snark and
K.A. Cummins
Sep 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Priceless is book one and half in the Ironfire Legacy, an inventive steampunk series that combines fantasy creatures, super powers, and espionage with a thread of romance. The series is aimed at New Adult readers.

Enchanted by the first book, Lawless, I was eager to return to the world of Sekastra. Priceless draws the reader into the complicated and challenging life of Nula Threadsing, an ambitious double-agent from the first book. Nula now seeks a position on the grand council as the Liason of D
Sarah Bowen
Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love it

A great read, quick, and action packed with awesome characters. Romance without too much mush. I Highly recommend this book!
Gretchen
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Lot of Story in a Small Package

I thoroughly enjoyed Nula and Tiers story. It’s so fully developed and tightly written, it reads like a full length novel. In part, because it picks up where Lawless left off; no time is wasted reacquainting the reader to Nula. The story world expands organically and at a good pace. Then there’s Freckles, because cat dragons make everything better.
StoryStormBlog
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happens when a man-dragon discovers his heart is bound to a woman he just met—and being separated means death? That, in a dragon-shell, is the premise of this novella, which builds on the intriguing Embermate concept I fell in love with in the first book (“Lawless”).

Tiers Sunscaler, gentle dragon diplomat can feel the Embermate pull from the moment he lays eyes on Nula Threadsing. There's just one problem—she's human. Will she prove strong enough to forge the Embermate bond? If not, they mi
C.O. Bonham
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-met-the-author
Priceless by Janeen Ippolito, takes place after the events of Lawless and should not be read first. Trust me there is a lot that hinges on the events of the first book.

Priceless follows the character of Nula, a minor character from lawless. I wasn't sure if I would like this book as I didn't care for her character in the first book. It turns out she just doesn't like coming in second. Once she takes center stage her imposing personality becomes confidence and drive. Also her back story makes her
Sharon Hughson
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I hadn’t read LAWLESS, but I still found the universe easy to immerse myself in. While short, this is a complete story with dynamic characters who go on a journey and come out the other side a little wiser.
Since it’s a novella, PRICELESS gave me more questions than answers, but it held true to my dragon shifter expectations, and I would happily revisit these characters and this fantasy realm again and again.
Believe in dignified dragons? Like spy novels? Want a heroine with an attitude she can ba
H.L. Burke
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Two words (or one hyphenated word ... it really depends on your point of view) CAT-DRAGON!

Honestly, if that's not enough to get you running to Amazon, I don't know what is.

However, if I must expand, this is a fun adventure with a romance with some heat, a dose of mystery, and a creative world.

Much Steampunk.

Much dragon.

Much cat-dragon!
Wendy
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun quick read. I love Tiers' self-confidence and Nula's stubbornness. And who doesn't love a death unicorn? ...more
Rose Olivia
Sep 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hi!

So, I was one of the blessed folks who read this novella as an ARC, and I kinda forgot to leave my review in exchange, at the time of my excitement (although totally intended to, I promise!)... whoops! My bad, guys, haha. If you loved Lawless like I did, you'll for sure love Priceless. Since most of the other reviewers summed it up pretty well, I'll just say you get more backstory and insight to Nula and her new embermate, Tiers, who I adore.
The only thing that really bugs me a bit about the
Jessica Belmont
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Priceless is a novella that is between Lawless and Faithless. It focuses on Nula Thredsing, who was a minor character in Lawless, and Tiers Sundcaller.

This was clearly meant to make readers excited for Faithless, and Janeen Ippolito did just that. There is quite a bit of snark and craziness, spies, a cat-dragon (!), and romance.

I absolutely loved this short bridge from book one and book two. It added quite a bit to the world, and I highly recommend checking this one out!

*I received an ARC from t
Katherine M
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Price of a Spy

Double agent and diplomat, unloved daughter of liars and traitors, Nula Thredsing desperately needs someone to rely on-whether she realizes it or not. She finally has a chance to step out of the shadows, if she can find two rogue dragons.
This novella is an excellent bridge between Lawless and Faithless. We get to meet several new characters, including the adorable and mysterious Freckles the cat-dragon.
Britt
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Refreshing and Direct

Nula and Tiers are perfect together. I’ve read this book before and I found it just as engaging and enjoyable the second time around. This is book 1.5, a novella taking place after the story with Kesia and Zephyn, which is the only complaint— it’s shorter than a full book, and I loved it.
David Justiss
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The author took my love-to-hate character from Lawless and made her likeable. I have mixed feelings about that... :)
Jackie
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An amazing story. So fast paced that kept me reading. Ready for the next one.
Dani Lee
Apr 30, 2018
BookLever
Jun 14, 2018
Janeen Ippolito
Aug 12, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

• Renegade Skyfarer (Stones of Terrene Book 1)
  • Mark of the Raven (The Ravenwood Saga, #1)
  • Spice Bringer
  • The Electrical Menagerie (The Celestial Isles #1)
  • Magicians' Reckoning (Spellsmith & Carver, #3)
  • Whispers From The Depths
  • My Fault
  • Laced
  • Windswept: A Short Fairytale
  • Rothana (Star-Fae Trilogy #2)
  • Fairyeater: The Fairy Guardian Chronicles, One
  • Magicians' Trial (Spellsmith & Carver #2)
  • Heart of the Curiosity
  • The Breeding
  • To Court a Queen
  • Fallow (The Green Princess Trilogy #2)
  • Dear Author: Letters from a Bookish Fangirl
  • How to Catch a Unicorn and Other Misadventures: A Humorous Romance Anthology
Janeen Ippolito believes in Jesus, true love, and the power of your unique words. She's a bestselling author of speculative fiction, writing resources, and poetry. She's also an editor, author coach, marketing strategist, and the president of Uncommon Universes Press. When she's not immersed in the geektastic world of words, she's helping her husband with his youth swordfighting ministry, explorin ...more

The Ironfire Legacy (2 books)
  • Lawless (The Ironfire Legacy, #1)
  • Faithless (Ironfire Legacy, #2)

News & Interviews