Start by marking “Not for Me (The Windy City Chronicles Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Not for Me (The Windy City Chronicles Book 1)

Not for Me

(The Windy City Chronicles #1)

Manda Wolfgram is a struggling literary agent who is looking for the perfect manuscript to land in her lap and the perfect man to land in her bed. When the sixth-floor hottie finally asks her out, she gets more than she bargained for. How can a girl wrap her brain around a Shakespearean actor who writes erotica?
Harry Sackes leads a double life: making a career as an author
ebook
Published May 24th 2018 by Kat de Falla

To ask other readers questions about Not for Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not for Me

Start your review of Not for Me (The Windy City Chronicles Book 1)
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
4.5 out of 5 stars!

Simply stated, I loved this book!

Upon completion, I looked back on my notes to write this review and I had highlighted a number of quotes simply stating “Soul Sister”,

“Funny how I lived in a building with hundreds of strangers and it never seemed to bother anyone but me. Everyone was so engrossed in antisocial technology. Always looking down and missing the whole world happening around them. Engaged in electronic conversations when flesh and blood people surrounded them. The
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Now this was a small switch in roles insecurities. I enjoyed Manda. I found her interesting and a bit funny. I found Harry to be interesting. He found his looks to be a deterrent to other but Manda and his twin did not see the same thing. I enjoyed the story and the characters.

Narration was good but the audio quality was not up to the level of the narration. I found the hollowing of the sound to be detract from wanting to listen all at one time. I had to take this read/listen in sections.

*****
Chrissy
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a good book!! Manda is a sweet, nerdy literary agent. Harry supports himself and his secret twin brother in their quest to get revenge for the murder of their younger sister by writing erotica. They all live in the same building, and Manda, along with everyone else, doesn't know there are two brothers. A chance encounter in the elevator begins the story of how Harry and Manda fall for each other while Harry tries to keep his secrets. But his secrets and his brother, who happens to ...more
Lisa Mandina
3.5 stars. So, this story was a little different than I expected. In the end I did enjoy it, but it took a bit to get into. There were definitely humorous parts, a few that had me laughing out loud. There were some emotional parts as well, bringing a tear to my eye. But I wasn't expecting it to quite go in the direction it went. It sounds like it will be the usual romantic comedy from the synopsis. But if you read the synopsis carefully, you'll find the one line that kind of slipped past my ...more
Patty
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not for Me by Kat de Falla is the 1st book in the Windy City Chronicles, and I really enjoyed it. First of all I feel that the cover is misleading, it gives the impression that the book is a fluffy, fun book. In reality the books explores human trafficking and how one person has two different personalities. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. I recommended this book, and don't judge a book by it's cover.

I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Brianna Belbin
Not for Me had many laughs, a quirky plot, and mystery. From looking at the cover, which I love, I thought this book would have been more fluff instead of a darker atmosphere at points throughout the story. As a fan of Shakespeare, I really enjoyed the quotes at the beginning of the chapters. Manda and the secondary characters were more relatable and likable than Harry and Dane. I feel if there was more backstory for the twins the book would have been easier to follow in some parts.
Sullie has a
Kati
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short and sweet romance with dark undertones and themes of PTSD and human trafficking. I went into this book expecting a cute romance featuring a literary agent and an author. What I wasn't expecting were the darker undertones that highlighted the light moments of the book.

There were certainly light moments within the book of romance and innocence which mostly followed Manda's character. Harry was a darker character haunted by an event in his past. The character development slowly unwound his
Alaina
I liked the book.. just not the narrator.

Not For Me was interesting to say the least. In it, you will meet Manda and Harry. I guess there was a hint of a little love triangle between Manda, Harry and his twin brother. However, I didn't really feel that in this book. There was, however, a bit of drama in this one. Plus a dash of mystery and betrayal.

So the weird thing about this book was the whole revenge thing. Harry and his brother end up writing erotica... to get revenge. If you aren't
Melissa Levine
Mandy
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kat De Falla is a new to me author and I enjoyed her writing style. I found this book easy to read as it flowed so nicely. Even the Shakespeare quotes - whom I would never normally read - seemed right in this book.

Manda, a hardworking and put upon literary agent in a publishing company, had found her ideal writer and things couldn't be any better. But then the author didn't return her calls and things started going downhill for her. Would she see that her princess got her happy ending?

Manda
Mary
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Chick Lit story - I really liked this one

Lauren Jones
"I looked down to find a ticket for Romeo and Juliet at Navy Pier for today! I nodded like a mute fool. My wit and vocal chords were failures and would get a stern admonition later. The mute fool—the only character to cast me as if Shakespeare eviscerated me in fiction. I stepped back and allowed the door to finally shut. Did the sixth-floor, day-drinking, girly-mag-reading hottie just ask me on a date? Did it matter? He’d basically dropped a free theater ticket in my lap." -Snippet

If you go
Maura
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fun book that has a bit of darkness to it.

The male lead is a bit of a mystery There is an event that takes place in the past which formed him in such a way that he is haunted by it, yet it never gets explained.

The female lead is strong and independent and I liked her because she is willing to speak her mind. She has an amazing job (seriously, it's my dream job @172K/yr), good friends and a devoted family.

This is almost two different stories in one book and the only thing that ties it
Dawn Yacovetta
The story started out slow and was a bit confusing, which had nothing to do with Manda's confusion over Harry and his twin brother Dane. It wasn't a bad read for me, but it wasn't fantastic either. Harry and Dane's story was probably my favorite part of the entire book. I loved having Harry's point of view as he looked back on what happened in his past and how it affected his present and possible future to such an extreme. I understood his angst and his fear, his anger and his need for vengeance ...more
Book Boyfriend Whoarder Mari
The story started out great, it pulled me in completely. It was funny and quirky. The heroine was sweet and relatable.

Harry/Dane started out good too. But then he later spiraled out of control. Some of his scenarios were too much. And just couldn’t connect to them.

The author kind of jumped from one scenario to the next and I couldn’t keep up half the time. Harry was hot and cold and at times very volatile. His brother Dane, the way his brother described him kept changing constantly.

Manda and her
Lynn Reynolds
Let me start with the good news. The good news is that I enjoyed the story. More good news is that I enjoyed the quotes that start each chapter. Then there are the characters. With the audio, I enjoyed how Ms. Mason would change things up so so we would feel as if we were listening through a door. I also liked the fact that she didn't attempt to change her voice for the characters.

Ms. Mason was very hard to listen to in the beginning - took me a while to warm up to her voice. Her voice took my
Archer
What a fun read. Shakespeare, Mystery and a little raunchy. I loved Manda and her life in the land of publishing. And Dane and Harry when well you'll read that.

Felt a little unbelievable at times. I'd read more of Manda and her publishing career throw in Vanessa and Dane and I'm on board to read more.
Sinead
I received this book from Netgalley for an impartial review. Thank you.

I have to be honest I wasn't really expecting much from this book. Despite my library background I did judge a book by it's cover and saw this as a 'fluff' chicklet that would not take much effort to read and dismiss. I was wrong in some ways but not in others. This story had more substance than other chicklets and a little more mystery. I liked the characters although following the twins in this book was quite difficult as
April
Jun 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
What I thought was going to be a fun, flirty and light read had some serious and dark undertones.
I got so confused while reading various parts of this book, I was missing some of the back story sooner in the book and a little more details about the past and the specific characters history. I pushed through and kept reading and it was so worth it. This is a really interesting story line and very original. I loved the dogs and the Shakespeare in the park.
I was disappointed in the ending, I
poppy
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great read I just loved it and once I started reading it I did not want to put it down. This is the first book I have read by this author and it will not be the last. It was a really good interesting story that will have you going through all different emotions.
Mary Lou Hoffman
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, series
NOT FOR ME is the first book in The Windy City Chronicles series.

NOT FOR ME is the first book in The Windy City Chronicles series. These will each stand on their own as individual stories in the lives of couples in the Windy City.

Don’t judge this book by its cover or any of the characters within by who they seem at first introduction.

Harry and Dane are confusing… and for more than just being identical twins. The story would feel that it was leading in one direction and would suddenly veer a
Paula Dyches
I too found that there were sound editing issues but I do think the narrator did a pretty good job overall. This is a fun story line with some interesting twists but be warned it is for adult readers with all the sexual: innuendos, talk, sex scenes and bad language. The content is understandable considering the male character is an erotica writer who is also working undercover to bring down some sex traffickers.

I was given this free review copy audiobook at my request and have voluntarily left
Samantha
Apr 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely loved this book. It kept me hooked. Didnt want to put it down and kept wanting to know what was next.
Bin Blogs Books
Wasn't my cup of tea. The written style left me a bit wanting. But since we're all different it may ring someone else's bell.
Marsha
Mar 01, 2019
Melissa Travis
Nov 11, 2018

• Winters Day
  • Falling For Ryan: Part One (Falling #1)
  • Unbroken Promises
  • Snowed In
  • It Starts With L (The Letters of Love Series Book 1)
  • Just to Keep You (Chicago Fight Club)
  • Go On, Girl
  • Secret Santa (Christmas Magic Novella Book 1)
  • Little Love-An Immure Book
  • Extra Innings
  • Hatter & His Alice (Naughty Ever Afters #1)
  • Walk A Mile
  • The Rockstar Series: Part One (Rockstar #1-3)
  • Under Winter Lights: Part One
  • Jane: A Retelling
  • Married This Year (Married This Year #1)
  • Queen of Klutz (The Sibby Series, #1)
  • Shadows, A Love Ever After Series Book 1