Start by marking “Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend” as Want to Read:
Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend

Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend

It wasn’t shy librarian Lola McBride's idea to crash someone else’s high school reunion. Her best friend made her do it, insisting that having a little fun with a super-hot rebound would make her forget about her recent breakup. That’s when she meets the hottest guy she’s ever seen.

Architect Luke Erickson had no idea attending his ten-year reunion would turn ou
Published June 11th 2018 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend

Kristin
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend is a fake-romance story. When Lola crashes a high school reunion, she catches the eye of Luke. At first Luke has no clue that she is an imposter, and then he realizes that the name tag she's wearing doesn't match the girl he knew. Plus, she doesn't know anything about the school. Not that he really cares since he's enjoying her company. However, he's in a bind, his family reunion is coming up and his family won't get off his case about bringing a date. So, he c ...more
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)

Five words to describe Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend? Adorable. Low angst. Day-dreamy. Quick.

Luke and Lola meet at Luke's high school reunion, where Lola is pretending to be someone else at the behest of her best friend and roommate. Lola was recently dumped, and Frankie wanted to get her out of her funk, so why not take a page out of the Golden Girls playbook by crashing a party? Luke promises to not rat Lola out...as long as she helps him with a little problem: his family reunion. Due to his own issues, he's sworn off cdescribe Her
Elaine
This is a fun, cute romantic comedy with a fake to real relationship that will have you laughing aloud. Take a shy librarian, Lola McBride, who has recently been dumped for a younger model and have her with best friend, Frankie, gatecrashing a high school reunion - a la Golden Girls - pretending to be ex-students. Now add in a genuine ex-student, architect Luke Erickson, and have him realising she's not who she's pretending to be, then inviting her to his family reunion as his pretend girlfriend ...more
Shalini
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a so cute and a fast read too. Crashing into a local high school reunion was never so fun, when Lola decided to do it. Apparently a way to get over a broken heart. But life did change for her as she met Luke there who coerced her to become his pretend girlfriend at his family reunion. And love happened.

My first book by author Kerri Carpenter, saw me smiling at the couple. I love the trope of fake couple becoming real. Their chemistry sizzled and the friends and family added
Sofia Lazaridou
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The book was surprisingly sweet and heart-warming. I fell in love with the main characters, even when Luke was not acting like the man he was and I also fell for his family. I loved how they embraced Lola and I finished the book with the impression that she will be well taken care off because she has a family that loves her.

So far the book is listed as stand-alone, but I hope that won't be the case since Luke's sisters were great and we were teased about a possible relationship between Winnie a
Elley Murray
May 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
This book has a cute premise, and who doesn't love a hot nerdy librarian lady? I'm also a bit of a sucker for the pretend-relationship trope, but it has to be done in a believable way that doesn't require TOO MUCH suspension of disbelief. This one was done passably well - not the most stellar example I've ever seen, but definitely not the worst either.

The writing style on this reads like it's somebody's first stab at writing fan-fiction. Very clichéd and you can see what's coming next from a mi
Rochelle
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is my first book from this author and i really liked it. It was a cute story about Lola, a reunion crasher who does this to get over a breakup. While she is there, Luke sees her and calls her on the fact that she does not belong there. So instead of ratting her out, he asks if she will go to his family reunion . Will their fake relationship actually be able to grow into something real? This is a quick read that will leave you laughing and a little hot by the time you are finished with it.

I
Barb Lie
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend by Kerri Carpenter is a sweet cute romantic story of a fake romance that turns into the real thing.

Lola McBride, our heroine, is a shy librarian, who is coming off a break up and her roommate, Frankie convinces her that she needs to get out and have some fun. After much convincing, they end up at a high school reunion (not their school) using names of those not attending. Lola spots a hot looking guy, who approaches her.

Luke Erickson, our hero, at
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2018
3.5*; rounded up for GR.
Lola's boyfriend just broke up with her. Her best friend, Frankie, comes up with an idea to cheer up her and get her out of the rut she fell in. That idea, taken from an episode of the Golden Girls (yeah!), is to crash someone else's high school reunion. While there, she meets Luke. Luke happened to know the person whose name tag Lola was wearing. Busted! But wait, Luke has a family reunion to go to and needs a fake girlfriend.
While this was predictable, it wa
B.
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a very cute and enjoyable story that takes a standard romantic plot of a couple pretending to be a couple for some rather stupid reason and then finding that they should be a true couple. In this novel, the couple are a shy librarian, Lola, who is convinced by her best friend to crash a high school reunion. There she’s caught out by Luke who asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend for his family reunion so he can avoid the nagging by his mom and triplet sisters. Lola, who has no family ...more
Emily (Mrs B's Books)
**My thanks to NetGalley and Entangled Publishing LLC, for providing me with a free copy for an honest review**

This was a sweet book that is perfect to read on your holidays and leaves you with a HEA.

Lola crashes a 10 year reunion with her best friend in order to help her get over her new break-up, however after Luke called her out on it, they forge a friendly alliance, however Lola does not like lying and Luke does not like relationships.

What starts as friend
Marija
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and very enjoyable read. It kept me reading from the very first page and I was telling myself just another page, just another one...until the end.
Characters were very interesting and well built and the plot was interesting. I love books with librarians and how they show another side of their life and it was great idea to combine with the fake relationship that will turn into not so fake at the end.
It is a definitely perfect book for this summer days
I voluntarily read and r
JG
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is one funny and lighthearted romance that plays on the pretending to be your significant other during a family reunion trope. Plus the meet-cute was totally unique and there are a lot of Golden Girls words of wisdom being floated around in the book. Now, who can resist that! Luke and Lola are delightful characters and if you’re in the mood for a funny, lighthearted, sweet and sexy romance then this one will definitely fill that craving.

*ARC provided*
Isha Coleman
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend by Kerri Carpenter
Looking for a way to lighten the mood. Kerri Carpenter always delivers. Who needs to look for love, if it's destined to find you? Lola and Luke begin as a fluke and work their way up to forever. With multiple mishaps along the way. Her Super - Secret Rebound Boyfriend is the perfect cure to heal a broken heart. Chaos, laughter and happily ever after.
Katherina
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, netgalley, 2018
If your looking for a sweet and cute book for the summer, this one is a good choice. It's funny and romantic without drama.
Bec
When her boyfriend dumps her, Lola McBride decides to go along with her best friend's idea of crashing a high school reunion. She never imagined she'd have fun until she meets Luke Erickson; a gorgeous man that -- soon after meeting him -- asks if she'll accompany him to his family reunion as his pretend girlfriend in order to avoid his family harassing him about his love life. Yet, the more time Lola spends with Luke, the more she finds herself falling for a man that doesn't want a forever rela ...more
Keyrsten
Jun 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall this wasn't a bad read. There were plenty of cute moments and applause worthy one liners. I could see the potential budding between these two people, who mind you have polar opposite ideas on what can come from being in a relationship. I was totally rooting for Luke and Lola to find a way to mesh themselves together, both emotionally and physically. Even though I was rooting for them, I have to admit their relationship fell a little flat for me.

Lola's repetitiveness with how much she ha
Lori
Nov 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, d-n-f
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This novel was so much fun and perfect as a holiday read by the pool or at the beach.

When her very persuasive friend manages to convince Lola McBride to gatecrash a school reunion, she reluctantly agrees. Pretending to be someone else is fine until a gorgeous guy calls her out when he realises the woman he's talking to isn't a past girlfriend. To make amends, she agrees to go on a fake date with Luke Erickson. Only his family party awakens Lola's feelings for something and someone wh
Heather Nobbs
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just love a good pretend relationship romance! This was a quick, sexy read. Luke and Lola meet when Lola is talked into crashing a high school reunion (not hers!) by her bff to get over a breakup. Luke is at his reunion when he sees a hot girl and approaches her and comes to realize she isn’t who her name tag says she is. Lola being a good girl says she will do anything he wants as long as he doesn’t turn her in. Not that he would and if she would have given it a thought she should know she wo ...more
P.e. lolo
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
This is totally a fun story about a librarian Lola who was dumped by her boyfriend and to help get her over that her friend and roommate Frankie, decides that they should empower the Golden Girls and crash a local high Scholl reunion. While at the reunion she meets a man Luke and when he realizes that the nametag that she is using does not match with the person he remembers he plays a game with her until he comes cleans and realizes what is going on. He also realizes that he is having fun with h ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Jun 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, june-read
Thanks for an ARC to read and give my honest opinion.

Cover was not my style, but the blurb sucked me into wanting it. My first by this author and it just wasn't for me. I love super sweet romances but after a few paragraphs and content of this book I just decided maybe this author's style of writing just isn't for me. I'm only going to copy the quotes to the publisher since this book isn't out yet, and I received a proof not an actual copy.
Luke is the oldest of four kids, having t
books are love
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

This was fun and quirky.

Setting: DC and Virginia area in present time.

Characters: Luke and Lola. Luke is a great guy but after what happened with his mom he is fearful of love. Doesn’t want to hurt someone or be like his dad. He is smart, kind and funny. Lola is quiet and kind. I love how she is honest and sensitive. She lost her only family and now is very mindful of others and their families.

Plot: Luke’s family is driving him n
Deborah
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a fun read!! Her Super-Secret Rebound Boyfriend is such a cute, and charming story!

Lola McBride is a librarian whose a little more straight laced than her best friend and room mate, Frankie. After going through a particularly hard break-up, Frankie comes up with the idea of crashing a high school reunion. She's seen it on The Golden Girls-her fav, and it works in getting her friend out a slump-so why not them! Lola meets the hottest guy she's ever seen while she is there, and un
Elizabeth Neal
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Lola, a shy librarian, fits the stereotypical view of one, but her best friend, Frankie, talked her into leaving that image behind, at least this one time. Well, that ended with them crashing someone else's high school reunion. Of course, Frankie had great reasoning...to help Lola get over a recent breakup. And while there, Lola lays eyes on the most gorgeous man ever to be created.

Luke, an architect, dreaded his reunion, but is thankful he went because he had so much fun thanks to a
Christine
May 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
A light fake romance between two likable people with a fun meet-cute but ultimately was weighed down by unoriginal daddy issues and insecurities. Although the Golden Girls mentions were adorable, they weren't enough to save the flat, predictable story.

Having been dumped by her boyfriend, librarian Lola somehow finds herself crashing a 10-year high school reunion with her Golden Girls-obsessed roommate, Frankie. Luke catches Lola and gently blackmails her into pretending to be his girlfriend at
Fizza
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for a sweet, heart-touching, lighthearted, and hot romance then this book is perfect for you. It's such a great story, written in a way that it will keep you interested from the very beginning until the end. Also I loved all the characters; Lola, Luke, as well as all the side characters are amazing. I really enjoyed this cute story which made me laugh at times and sigh at others.

Lola's boyfriend broke up with her and she is a mess. So, to cheer her up her roommate
Lauren
Jun 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Lola’s been dumped, so her best friend Frankie convinces her to crash a high school reunion. She’s caught in her lie by the handsome Luke, who convinces her to attend his family reunion as his girlfriend to keep his meddlesome sisters off his back.

Luke is instantly attracted to the lying librarian, but doesn’t do relationships because his dad walked out when he was five. Lola feels the same attraction, but her failed relationship and sub-zero self esteem convince her that Luke couldn
Linda
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
After her boyfriend dumps her for a “younger, more attractive” woman, Lola’s bestie Frankie coaxes her into a crazy escapade to get over him; gate crashing a high school reunion. It’s instant attraction when Luke see’s Lola and of course, when Frankie notices him giving Lola the once over she pushes them together but when Luke notices her name tag he realizes she’s not quite who she says she is.

Taking advantage of Lola’s mortification, he convinces her to help him out by being playin
The Book Girl
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it

I can't tell you how much I loved this story. It was unique in a few ways but my favorite was all the advice from the Golden Girls. I was nervous about that at first but it really added to the story in a new fun way. The writing style is super good. I enjoyed every minute reading. There were lots of fun twists and turns in this romance novel.

In this story, we meet the shy but sweet librarian Lola. She needs to learn to live a little. Her roomie uses the Golden Girls to teach her how to have fun
« previous 1 3 next »
Award-winning romance author Kerri Carpenter writes contemporary romances that are sweet, sexy, and sparkly. When she’s not writing, Kerri enjoys reading, cooking, watching movies, taking Zumba classes, rooting for Pittsburgh sports teams, and anything sparkly. Kerri lives in Northern Virginia with her adorable (and mischievous) rescued poodle mix, Harry.

Social Media Links