Start by marking “Five Feet Apart” as Want to Read:
Five Feet Apart

Five Feet Apart

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  19,345 ratings  ·  3,153 reviews
Can you love someone you can never touch?

Stella Grant likes to be in control—even though her totally out of control lungs have sent her in and out of the hospital most of her life. At this point, what Stella needs to control most is keeping herself away from anyone or anything that might pass along an infection and jeopardize the possibility of a lung transplant. Six feet
Published November 20th 2018 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Five Feet Apart, please sign up.
Denise Martins The director of the movie pitched both at the same time saying they should do the movie first and then release a book about it. He shared that on IG…moreThe director of the movie pitched both at the same time saying they should do the movie first and then release a book about it. He shared that on IG stories when the book was released. (less)

·  19,345 ratings  ·  3,153 reviews

Zainab
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cute-ya
I was going to start off by making a joke about the vine reference 'two bros chilling in a hot tub five feet apart 'cause they're not gay' (remember that vine?) but I've thought about it so much it's not funny anymore. But if you do find it funny; thank you, I try.
Anyway, you can read the synopsis anywhere so I won't even bother explaining the story because well, you know, I don't want to. It was cute, this book. Short and sweet with (thankfully) mature characters. I mean not very mature as the
Katharine
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it
There’s some disagreement within the CF community about whether or not this book is an accurate depiction of CF. And I think that will depend on who you ask. Each and every person with CF experiences this disease in our own way, from its severity to our symptoms, to how we feel about the disease and its impact on our lives. It would be impossible for one book to represent every one of us.

Stella, Will, and Poe are in what I would call end stage CF, meaning their lungs are at a point that transpla
Norma * Traveling Sister
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review-requests
Heartfelt, touching & absorbing!

FIVE FEET APART by RACHAEL LIPPINCOTT was such an endearing, engaging and a sweet Teens & YA novel featuring two teenage main characters, Stella and Will who are both patients in the hospital with Cystic Fibrosis that fall in love. I was totally taken with this story and this tale of these two star-crossed lovers, Stella and Will as they totally consumed my thoughts and my heart.

This book immediately grabbed my attention with that gorgeous cover and I kne
Azrah
So the movie trailer is out and i'm excited to read this. NOT BECAUSE I'm eager to read yet another book about a teenager(s) with a chronic illness that is also being made into a movie. But because:
A. Cole Sprouse
B. Cole Sprouse
... and because I prefer reading the book first, so that I can criticise the incompetence of adaptation directors XD Need I say more?
(Movie trailer: https://youtu.be/5cJ7MT1RTqs )
_________
27 July, 2018
Neeeeeeeeed to read this book
 photo IMG_201807208_094912_zpsqmleozfx.jpeg
Lola
This was my first romance novel in… months. I couldn’t bring myself to read a story that focused heavily on a boy and a girl falling in love for a long time.

That’s what happens when there is boy drama (and its aftershocks) in my life. I needed to step away from romance and focus on other things or my mind would keep wandering to that one boy with whom I really (mistakenly) believed something might happen.

So I turned to self help books and memoirs for a while. It helped, it really did. But a few
Nick
Feb 16, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
is this the next the fault in our stars?
Larry H
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's been said (although the provenance of the quote is questionable) that, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." While this adage holds true in many aspects of my life, in this case it applies to my penchant for reading tearjerkers yet being surprised when I'm sobbing (once again on a plane, no less).

Knowing that I'd probably cry, I still couldn't stay away from Five Feet Apart , even though the movie adaptation is supposed t
Andrea Tome
Nov 22, 2018 rated it did not like it
C.G. Drews
I am always super keen to read books with disability rep! I think YA needs way more disability narratives, and this features two teens with cystic fibrosis. It also has a curious origin story because, from what I understand, it was written off the screen play...so the movie came first?! I would like to see the movie still and could totally imagine Will as Cole Sprouse (Jughead vibes lmao) the whole time.

The story: It's sad, but like of course it's going to be. And it's really easy to be investe
Tam_ the_ med_bookie
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
L A i N E Y
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, contemporary
This book is literally a ‘honey trap’ as we say in clandestine service. Who the hell is ‘we’?? Anywhooo. The movie is coming out next year and they cast Cole Sprouse??

You mean Cole Sprouse?

COLE fucking SPROUSE?

YEP ladies and gentlemen,

it’s COLE SPROUSE.

I wonder why they didn’t name the book Honey Trap Alert and be done with it??

PS. I always have him pegged as Noah fucking Shaw but I guess we’ll have to share now since he’ll be in this...
Isa Cantos (Crónicas de una Merodeadora)
“If I’m going to die, I’d like to actually live first.”

Vaaaale, este libro no fue tan grave como Bajo La Misma... SÍ FUE MUY GRAVE, ay...

En A Dos Metros De Ti nos encontramos con la historia de Stella y Will, dos chicos que tienen fibrosis quística y que han vivido la mitad de sus vidas en hospitales y en medio de tratamientos para ganar un poco más de tiempo. Ambos son terminales, pero mientras Stella se apega fielmente a su tratamiento para subir en la lista de espera de trasplantes de pulmón
Mel (Epic Reading)
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley
I don't normally review books immediately after reading the last page. This gives me an opportunity to think and process what I've read and get my emotions in order. For Five Feet Apart I am breaking that rule as I feel that my emotions are important to why I wasn't a big fan of Rachel Lippincott's teenage romance story. First it's important to know I had a friend with cystic fibrosis...

My Brush with Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
Almost 20 years ago I lost a friend. I was 16 years old at the time. The las
April (Aprilius Maximus)
*2.5 stars*

I had super low expectations going into this, but found myself really enjoying it. I really liked the characters (the side characters were also great) and even though the ending was corny as all hell, I thought it was a solid read.

HOWEVER, (view spoiler)
Emily Cait
Oct 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
Erik Fazekas
Nov 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: cannot-finish
DNF at 30%
Reading this you realise this was written only to get money from moviegoers, or teenagers that like to read the book first and then see the movie.
The writing is mediocre at best, and the story itself is just a typical YA tearjerker. We as YA readers are so over these types of books. The book has to have more in it then just a novelization of the movie.
Sorry, we are not stupid.
Michelle
DNF

I tried, I really did. This is just not my type of book. I knew that before I even cracked the cover but since someone lent it to me (without my asking) I felt I had to at least try. Sick teenagers and insta-love just aren't my thing apparently. Not to mention I found both of the main characters annoying, especially Stella. Will I watch the movie? No.

No rating, not to be included in 2019 book challenge.
Gabby
This book is like Everything Everything meets The Fault In Our Stars because they have to keep their distance and he’s slowly dying but she’s also suffering. The story follows two teens, she has cystic fibrosis and he has B. cepacia

This isn’t usually something I would pick up, I’m not really into young adult anymore, but the publishers sent me this book and I thought why not? It looks short and sweet? And it was short and sweet. It’s a really quick read. This book was real cute and gave me all t
Lucy Langford
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5***
Kylie Amber
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book had me laughing, smiling , and crying all at the same time
Pam Gonçalves
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chorei lendo livro e chorei falando dele: https://youtu.be/BGjodZFcoUE
Patricia Bejarano
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pues ha sido una lectura que me ha gustado mucho.
Al principio pensé en no leerla. Aún recuerdo el dolor que me hizo sentir Bajo la misma estrella y me negaba a sufrir de nuevo con una historia donde los dos protagonistas estuvieran enfermos. Pero es que soy débil y al ver el tráiler de la película, caí en la red (Estoy sufriendo porque seguramente la película no llegue a España cuando están vendiendo el libro como si fuera a llegar...).
En fin, lo que nos incumbe. En esta historia los protagonis
Eryn
2 / 5 ~

I’m convinced this was written for children but advertised as Young Adult because it would make more profit or something (or maybe I have no idea what I’m talking about?), because the writing in Five Feet Apart is not good. There are too many exclamation marks, the story feels awkward, nothing flows, which are only a few reasons why I couldn’t finish this.

From the start, I had this sneaking suspicion I wasn’t going to like this. After all, a good friend of mine read this and said: “It wa
Kelly Brigid
Here's a link to the trailer! ♡
“Every place is different. Every place is unique. It’s the hospitals I’m seeing them from that are the same.”

As a whole, this novel doesn’t suffer from any critical faults. It’s a solid story, with a sweet romance, and brings about great awareness for CF. With that being said, I was unable to connect any strong feelings or emotions with the characters, and felt that they lack depth. Perhaps it’s because I can’t help but compare every contemporary about teens wi
Gillian
Jan 14, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pretty-covers
I’m sorry, but did someone put a spell on me and made my heart into a stone while reading this book because it’s incapable of feeling any emotions aside from exasperation?

It's such a bummer that this book has one of the prettiest covers I've ever seen, yet it has the MOST CRAPPY AND CLICHÉ PLOT ever! Don't even get me started with these bidimensional characters (they're more bland than water, trust me). I could go on for days ranting about the things that went wrong in this book but it's such a
Ana
This is a novelization of Mikki Daughtry & Tobias Iaconis’s script for the 2019 movie and not the other way around.

As a contemporary YA story, Five Feet Apart does a couple of my least favourite things when it comes to representing chronic illness and including LGBT characters (view spoiler) Also, the romance doesn’t set a realisti
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

Taking a chance on an author and a subject that you know little to nothing about, is always a risk and in some cases, its a chance, a risk, worth taking.

As is the case with Five Feet Apart. Beautifully written, heartfelt, emotional, and a read that will stick with you until the very end, Five Feet Apart is a novel that grabs you around the heart and refuses to let go.

So wonderfully told and executed it's a book that I won't be forgetting for a long time to come.

Poignant, emotional, in
Karii Kahroo
Jan 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
😭😭😭 I’m crying!!!
Sandra Uv
2/5

Se lee rápido y llega a emocionar (está escrito con el único objetivo de que llores) Ahora...

-Es una copia de Bajo la misma estrella
-Se ROMANTIZA la Fibrosis Quistica y eso es espantoso
-Instalove descarado y de libro
-Drama y más drama innecesario

No ha sido una basura, se deja leer pero... Cuidado con este tipo de libros, el mensaje es peligroso.

-Wordpress: https://suenosentreletras.wordpress.c...

-Blogger: http://addicionaloslibros.blogspot.co...
LydiaMae
Bullet review: I think I would have enjoyed it better if I had physically read this (I read it via audiobook and the narrator's voice didn't convey the emotion of the dialogue), writing was not my favourite type, I loved the character development, the romance, the insight to cystic fibrosis, and now I'm super hyped for the movie!

Full review: I don't normally read romance contemporaries unless they're highly, HIGHLY recommended, or in this case, about to become a movie.
And still I'm dubious about
  • Connectivity
  • Paper Girl
  • Pretty in Punxsutawney
  • A Taxonomy of Love
Rachael Lippincott was born in Philadelphia and raised in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She holds a BA in English writing from the University of Pittsburgh. She currently resides in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, splitting her time between writing and running a food truck with her partner.
“How long will I live my life afraid of what-ifs?” 51 likes